• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Maintenance February 8th

156 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A PvP Channel would be nice, a channel where you could login, and everyone is able to be attacked/killed WITHOUT penalties or at least less harsh penalties than gem loss and XP loss. Maybe sent to the Valencia Jail every 5th death on the channel.
Safezones can be safe from PvP, outside safezone full on warfare. 
Solo engagements, meaning no party system, which means, friendly fire is [ON] OFF. If you want to team with friendlys better watch your AoEs in combat.
Just saying bdo has a lot of potential and more open world PvP would be great for the game, rather than limiting it to Arena based Redbattle field and Sieges/Nodewars. 

This suggestion is what I have after spending 7d at -1m karma, Killing alot of people is great fun, but not when only 1 in 10 people wants to fight back and engage in a skilled fight. A channel devoted to open world PvP where all the players are there solely to seek out PvP would be great and probably prolong the life of Black Desert Online for us who really enjoy the PvP and Combat mechanics. Hopefully you guys will take this suggestion into consideration and maybe take my idea and make it something real, or something similar to this. Most of the PvPers can agree that RBFs are fun, and so are nodewars and sieges, the 5v5 arena thats to come eventually might be fun too, but there is nothing like some classic open world PvP like most PvP mmorpgs had. 

Edit: Also some details on dying on the mainland while negative karma would be great, rumor is, you can only disenchant gear to a PvE death on the mainlands, while on a PvP death you can only lose Gems and XP, or if you run out of gems your gear will disenchant too? Such harsh penalties for Pkers kinda kills the game for some of us... I can understand on the casual PvE channels, but if we had a PvP channel without penalties would be great for a lot of us to go looking for competitive solo open world PvP.

If a CM/GM could follow up to my suggestion via PM or something that would be great. Thx

If u are a true pvper, who fights for the fun of it, not so he can pve in some spot, u would not need a separate channel. Nothing stops all the pvp players to choose a channel and declare Valencia desert pvp area today from 8 to 12 for example.  U will have a huge empty map to kill each other as much as u want.

But as i said, 99% of u pvp players are just random assholes who get pleasure not from pvp, but from ruining the game of other ppl. I doubt Pearl Abyss will implement an asshole channel anytime soon.

Edited by Cerany
3 people like this

Posted

Why the f**k does maintenance take so f*****g long!!!??

You didnt pay enough, They want you to be angry (goal reached), They need the time to try it themselfes ingame.. something like this?

Posted

Just started playing 2-3 days ago... The quest for +15 armor for my warrior begins!

Posted

Why the f**k does maintenance take so f*****g long!!!??

*sigh*

Youguns have no patience this days. Read a book, watch a movie, play something else.... lots of things you could do while waiting instead of whining (heck, you could even study)

1 person likes this

Posted

Hope you guys address the horrible desync issues that people have been having.

I just got a Mini Elephant, and in a 24 or so hour time frame, It gained 1 level from Autopathing. They consistently stopped and failed every few minutes while I was sleeping. 

Not to mention the amount of people I see standing in the streets, miles away from their trading wagons. My guild leader is trying to level a few T7's on her wagon, and they've barely made any progress.

It's getting worse. Screw events, screw valentine's day. Fix your game and make it work.

Also, While I'm ranting. Can we do something about the awfully over-priced gear that the Night Vendor sells?

I dunno about you, But I think that 276 Million for a weapon that costs 95 Million on the market place, is a BIT insane.

This goes for all Boss drops and Yellow loot this guy sells. It's horribly, ridiculously, Insultingly overpriced. He's nothing more than a BlackStone vendor at this point.

unknown.png

^^^^^^This!

Posted (edited)

Why the f**k does maintenance take so f*****g long!

Well, From my understanding of server maintenance and networking. They first need to disconnect the main game servers and get to work on installing the additional content and patches. Not just one server, their back-ups as well, and they need to run tests on their private test servers to be sure that the content actually functions. Then they probably need to run an artificial stress test, to be sure that the wave of players reconnecting won't cause a crash. Ever wondered how there are so many "Channels"? They're kinda like Mini servers. And they all need to be tested and rebooted. So on and so forth, You can imagine why Maintenance takes so long. 

I'm no expert, I might be wrong on certain points too.

Edited by Tuiat

Posted (edited)

:o Is this a thing in KR?

yes

I hope you guys are going to fix this Coherent_UI problem which sucks lots of memory and if you kill it with taskmanager, you can't even open rankings or play the black spirit adventure anymore and yet the game run smoother.

we'll get it fixxed once korea has it, since we apparently not even have devs (if they already have it in kr, idk), for now the only Solutions are either killing the processes or using the Map-Method once in a while (Open Map -> Open Market -> View Items -> Close everything = FPS fix ) and dont forget the wonderful
Google-Chrome/fix/bug/solution  (Increase your FPS/FPS-Cap when you have a Video paused on youtube in your given desktop resolution)

And the other stuff here about NV: sadly they removed the hidden NV event a while ago (Dec.?) , 50-150% price possbilitys on bossarmor/weap
(basi belt 25-27~ giath helm 70-77mil, kzarka/dande 90-150mil good times)

Edited by Remyra
1 person likes this

Posted

Hope you guys address the horrible desync issues that people have been having.

I just got a Mini Elephant, and in a 24 or so hour time frame, It gained 1 level from Autopathing. They consistently stopped and failed every few minutes while I was sleeping. 

Not to mention the amount of people I see standing in the streets, miles away from their trading wagons. My guild leader is trying to level a few T7's on her wagon, and they've barely made any progress.

It's getting worse. Screw events, screw valentine's day. Fix your game and make it work.

Also, While I'm ranting. Can we do something about the awfully over-priced gear that the Night Vendor sells?

I dunno about you, But I think that 276 Million for a weapon that costs 95 Million on the market place, is a BIT insane.

This goes for all Boss drops and Yellow loot this guy sells. It's horribly, ridiculously, Insultingly overpriced. He's nothing more than a BlackStone vendor at this point.

unknown.png

Okay but like, that is no where near overpriced??? What you rolled in NV is hella cheap (esp when it comes to dandis, oh my lord), considering people are going to pay well over that just to get one on the market place. + the 73 mil you have in that warehouse is pretty much pocket change and you should probably have more than 200mil when Night Vendoring if you actually want to buy stuff that aren't blackstones ;c

Posted

... dont forget the wonderfulGoogle-Chrome/fix/bug/solution  (Increase your FPS/FPS-Cap when you have a Video paused on youtube in your given desktop resolution)

Wait... That really do something? I thought it was joke when I saw that in server chat.

Posted

Note:

• Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our forum after the maintenance.

• when you refer "including improvements" it's meant better optimization?

Posted (edited)

Dear Players,
We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 08.02.2017 

Duration: 5hServer Down:Server Up:
Global09:00 UTC14:00 UTC
West Coast (NA)01:00 PST06:00 PST
East Coast (NA)04:00 EST09:00 EST
Central (EU)10:00 CET15:00 CET

Reasons:

• Valentine's Popularity Contest Event begins.
  • Distress Call at sea will become available in the system.

Note:

• Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our forum after the maintenance.

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up2date.
Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,

BDO Team

12.000+ views... 5 people liked it...

maybe kakao should accept they fcked up one two many times and need to rethink their choices and fix the sinking ship... or still think "we are doing AWESOME, this ship is not sinking its just making a new pool for people to swim in"

Edited by Fredi Urea Kami Uour
2 people like this

Posted

Note:

• when you refer "including improvements" it's meant better optimization?

One can only hope so, but I don't think any performance improvements will happen any time soon. Sadly

Posted

Okay but like, that is no where near overpriced??? What you rolled in NV is hella cheap (esp when it comes to dandis, oh my lord), considering people are going to pay well over that just to get one on the market place. + the 73 mil you have in that warehouse is pretty much pocket change and you should probably have more than 200mil when Night Vendoring if you actually want to buy stuff that aren't blackstones ;c

I'm not too sure how they're priced on EU. If you're on that server, but on NA. They're listed as 95.9 Million on the Market place. I'm sure that people Pre-order for insane amounts, And I don't really know if the Night vendor reflects pre-order prices? I kinda feel it should go off the current market value.

Posted

Another 141 MB patch ready

1 person likes this

Posted

ty for notice ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank ya~♥

1 person likes this

Posted

Servers up

Posted

^ This!  That price for BiS gear on the NV is as it should be.  What needs to happen is the single blackstones need removed from him.  Nothing like watching 300 energy per character poof just to view 6 single armor stones for 125k each...but I guess that's the touch of rng failing that's needed to keep things balanced.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not too sure how they're priced on EU. If you're on that server, but on NA. They're listed as 95.9 Million on the Market place. I'm sure that people Pre-order for insane amounts, And I don't really know if the Night vendor reflects pre-order prices? I kinda feel it should go off the current market value.

From 70% to 250% of the current market price, iirc.

Posted

agree with this.. getting silver in this game is not hard by any means.. and an upgrade like this should take time and effort to attain.. not be handed out freely... dont like it, go die 100x killing karanda until you get it.. thats how i got 90% of my boss gear, weps included.

Posted

WP potions are in the game now so pls stop crying about them

Posted

If u are a true pvper, who fights for the fun of it, not so he can pve in some spot, u would not need a separate channel. Nothing stops all the pvp players to choose a channel and declare Valencia desert pvp area today from 8 to 12 for example.  U will have a huge empty map to kill each other as much as u want.

But as i said, 99% of u pvp players are just random assholes who get pleasure not from pvp, but from ruining the game of other ppl. I doubt Pearl Abyss will implement an asshole channel anytime soon.

an asshole channel

Too funny :)

Posted

we'll get it fixxed once korea has it, since we apparently not even have devs (if they already have it in kr, idk), for now the only Solutions are either killing the processes or using the Map-Method once in a while (Open Map -> Open Market -> View Items -> Close everything = FPS fix ) and dont forget the wonderful
Google-Chrome/fix/bug/solution  (Increase your FPS/FPS-Cap when you have a Video paused on youtube in your given desktop resolution)

Didn't know these things, mods should make a FAQ about how to fix common problems like this one, thanks for that tip.

Posted (edited)

Nothing here.

Edited by DLM3