• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

epheria sailboat Increase Epheria Sailboat speed

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it possible for u guys to Increase the speed of the Epheria Sailboat a bit more? Because for some reason the shark/fish costume is even faster then the ship itself I feel like this ship is useless and has just the same speed as a normal boat (I know it only differnce the speed from a boat by a few seconds or min and more slots and weight limit and cannons) still the speed is pretty slow from what I had hoped...

hell yeah not p2w at all.

Posted

How the hell do you even have a Epheria sailboat yet? I still have like 7 days left of damn design pieces i need. Maybe Korean version?

Also it should be 50% - 25% faster then a fishing boat. (heard from some unknown (and sketchy) source don't quote me on this)

And.... damn shark costumes are fast!

Another thing... the Epheria boat has cannons and stuff to stand on. So going to port Ratt would be kinda hard to do via shark costume.. (If your into the ocean content of course.)

Posted (edited)

@SirosSinner Nah I just finished crafting my boat too a moment ago. You get 3 designs from the Margoria questline and there's a fishing weekly for the designs (I did it twice). Rest of it was just spamming the daily quest every single day :)

2017-02-08_75252213.JPG

2017-02-08_75409597.JPG

2017-02-08_75485471.JPG

2017-02-08_75625575.JPG

Edited by Solanum
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

NOT A SINGLE PERSON!!

not a single person told me the margoria quest line had sailboat designs, and that a fishing quest even existed..

i blame all of you for my lack of proper research!!!

oh well i only have 130 timber squares.... damn squares not getting posted up enough.. and also the fact i never win any of the bids when they do..  

p.s also where is this fishing quest

Edited by SirosSinner
forgot to mention something about fishing quest

Posted (edited)

p.s also where is this fishing quest

It's on one of the new islands that came with Margoria. The island is called Nada island and it's south of Port Ratt, the new port. To which you can take a ferry from Lema island. 

NPC is called Katio (http://bddatabase.net/us/npc/40734/) and he has different quests for different levels of fishing. I think the lowest one requires professional 1 to get the quest but in practice it requires professional 5 as all the quest require some spearfishing/harpooning

nada.PNG

Nada is an annoying island to get into as it's surrounded by hills. As far as I know the easiest way is to take an underwater tunnel from the west side of the island, but I've also heard of a valley that you can climb on the east side of the island and sure enough you can get into the island from there but never tried to go back so not sure how that works. I found it easiest to just swim through the tunnel. I added a picture of the approximate location of the cave.

how_to_get_to_nada.thumb.PNG.cec6604396d

Edited by Solanum

Posted

did anyone tried to enchant accessories ? is it safe up to some point ? or can fail since +0 ?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Welp thanks for the help! been to Nada island and talked to the otter there.. however i have no interest in fishing so i lack all skill for that..

But thanks anyway!!

also Geo.. wrong thread however accessories fail at all levels unlike weapons and armor.. the little bastards they are...

just checked but your like an experienced member.. so.. you should know this..

Edited by SirosSinner
looking at other pplz status

Posted

did anyone tried to enchant accessories ? is it safe up to some point ? or can fail since +0 ?

no safe enchanting. Me and my guildies had the hardest getting the armour plating up, aka most failures. Even on first +1 it can fail.

Posted

oh Geo was asking about boat accessoires... they should work the same as fishing right? so.. yea everything i said before still true.. i think... 

Posted (edited)

Like Wodur already stated, no safe enchanting at all. Also it's pretty damn expensive as the green equipment costs approximately 5 million silver per piece... 

Speaking of boat equipment and enchanting now, does anyone know of any kind of failstack guidelines for the boat equipment?

Also more on the topic here, is there a green prow for some extra speed somewhere or is there only the blue one (that's not in the game yet...)? I would imagine that's a no since I haven't seen it and didn't find anything in bddatabase either..

Edited by Solanum

Posted

the green tier prow being nonexistent, blue one locked behind guild materials and no set bonus from accessories...

hm... can you put totem on it ?

Posted (edited)

Like Wodur already stated, no safe enchanting at all. Also it's pretty damn expensive as the green equipment costs approximately 5 million silver per piece... 

Speaking of boat equipment and enchanting now, does anyone know of any kind of failstack guidelines for the boat equipment?

Also more on the topic here, is there a green prow for some extra speed somewhere or is there only the blue one (that's not in the game yet...)? I would imagine that's a no since I haven't seen it and didn't find anything in bddatabase either..

There is no bonus speed on the green tier prow. And there is only one ingame, the one with wrong name, it says guild, but I belive its a typo. So the green prow on sale from the wharf managers is for the epheria even though it says guild in name.

And to OP, you can hire npc worker Bravant in Trent as a sailor. +1% speed. He can later be upgraded to mac +10% artisan quality.

Edited by Wodur
1 person likes this

Posted

There is no bonus speed on the green tier prow. And there is only one ingame, the one with wrong name, it says guild, but I belive its a typo. So the green prow on sale from the wharf managers is for the epheria even though it says guild in name.

Oh true, I did saw something else there. Didn't really take into account the possibility of such a typo and didn't even think of testing it.. I suppose I'll give it a go when I get home even if it doesn't have speed..

Posted

+5 is safe.

Posted

+5 is safe.

With this you mean, after +5 the enchantment can degrade if fail. Did that twice on the green hull for me. :/

Posted

At 5+ u gotta use Concetrated stones which sucks for a item like that. And man it's stupid how the suit is faster then the ship itself.

Posted

And to OP, you can hire npc worker Bravant in Trent as a sailor. +1% speed. He can later be upgraded to mac +10% artisan quality.

what does "The contract can be extended after the expiration date." mean at green+ Bravant ?

the white one does not have it in description... is there any guide to sailors ? how many of them you can have ? can you use guild sailors ? can you use any worker ?

also can someone check if you can slot totem into prow slot ? that could be quite significant speed boost...

i am 2 days away from my boat as i ditched the weekly QQ

Posted

also can someone check if you can slot totem into prow slot ? that could be quite significant speed boost...

Would seem like that's a no. "There are no mounts that can equip this item."2017-02-08_6615576.thumb.JPG.3c224e04712

Posted

what does "The contract can be extended after the expiration date." mean at green+ Bravant ?

the white one does not have it in description... is there any guide to sailors ? how many of them you can have ? can you use guild sailors ? can you use any worker ?

When you reach Skilled in sailing and after getting amity (1000) with Philaberto, the goblin wich gives you the daily for the design, he will give you an quest so you can upgrade the sailor one step,to green quality.

Posted

The green prow mentioned above. This one. http://bddatabase.net/us/item/49705/

Does infact have a speed bonus when enchanced. Its simply not shown, but it goes up .5% per level. You can infact see it on your boats stats. Seen below.

755gU45.jpg