• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"new awakening" rumors from the taiwanese server

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been playing mostly on other servers aside from NA recently and interestingly, on my time in the Taiwanese server there has been response from the publishers/devs there that they are not happy with the current balance of the game and are willing to change it.

They are trying to bring a "new awakening system" to some classes by revamping pre-awakening skills and making them relevant again on certain classes.

This in my opinion is so very much needed and appreciated, cuz let's be honest here, awakening skills on most classes are complete faceroll easy 1-button shit that only retards would actually enjoy. All the awakening skills seemed to basically do a 180 on the original intent of the "action combat" system which was make combat feel more skill based, but with how stiff and inflexible the awakening skills are, it's just 100% gear based now. 

Posted (edited)

I've been playing mostly on other servers aside from NA recently and interestingly, on my time in the Taiwanese server there has been response from the publishers/devs there that they are not happy with the current balance of the game and are willing to change it.

They are trying to bring a "new awakening system" to some classes by revamping pre-awakening skills and making them relevant again on certain classes.

This in my opinion is so very much needed and appreciated, cuz let's be honest here, awakening skills on most classes are complete faceroll easy 1-button shit that only retards would actually enjoy. All the awakening skills seemed to basically do a 180 on the original intent of the "action combat" system which was make combat feel more skill based, but with how stiff and inflexible the awakening skills are, it's just 100% gear based now. 

I don't think it matters because gears will always play a huge role.

"the original intent of the "action combat" system which was make combat feel more skill based, but with how stiff and inflexible the awakening skills are, it's just 100% gear based now"

maybe you should stop playing other gamer/versions of bdo and focus on NA instead, maybe that will help you progress with your gear, you will never beat someone if you gonna keep slacking off compares to someone whos already playing 48 hours a day (lol)

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

Yeah, this was in that press release everyone was fawning over a few weeks ago. Along with the Air Ships and whatnot...

It's a nice idea, but no doubt will be poorly implemented.

Posted

Again Xaqq, why are you still here?

Away with you.

All you want is some MOBA/FPS style game that isn't an MMORPG and to "show off" yet you've completely refused to showcase any of this "immense skill" that you claim to have over others.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Again Xaqq, why are you still here?

Away with you.

All you want is some MOBA/FPS style game that isn't an MMORPG and to "show off" yet you've completely refused to showcase any of this "immense skill" that you claim to have over others.

cuz maybe idgaf about what others think or say?

I just want a fun game, unlike you who seems to care more about epeen.

Yeah, this was in that press release everyone was fawning over a few weeks ago. Along with the Air Ships and whatnot...

It's a nice idea, but no doubt will be poorly implemented.

oh nice, link me to that thread, i'm actually curious if there was any information i may have not known.

edit: if kamasilve content is any indication, i think they're trying to get better at implementing their content. either way at least they recognize the current meta is kinda bullshitty which is the first step.

Edited by Xaqq
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

oh nice, link me to that thread, i'm actually curious if there was any information i may have not known.

edit: if kamasilve content is any indication, i think they're trying to get better at implementing their content. either way at least they recognize the current meta is kinda bullshitty which is the first step.

Dulfy has a recap of the main talking points http://dulfy.net/2017/01/21/black-desert-devs-talks-about-second-awakening-and-console/

• Plans to have flying ships players can hop on/off to travel around the world instead of having to ride horses to everywhere. This concept might appear in game this year.
  • They are considering second awakenings this year. The current awakening weapons are too strong so the second awakening will be for the starter/original weapons to make them on par.
  • In addition to adding new maps, they are also thinking about designing more vertical maps like icebergs or underground caves.
  • Revamp of some of the life skills are planned, such as fishing.
  • They are working on a mobile app that allows the game to be streamed to the phone but feels the UI is a bit clunky and need to be improved. Can’t guarantee this mobile app but will try their best.
  • Pearl Abyss havn’t started developing new games yet, they are considering two possible new games but Black Desert Online need to be further optimized first.
  • As for Black Desert Online on other platforms, they are working on a PS4/Xbox One version but havn’t decided if the console version will share servers with the PC version.

So basically they want to make the main weapons stronger. Not sure that will solve anything.. They should buff Kzarka tho.

Edited by Eppo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What epeen did I imply I cared about now? Certainly not mine.

I'm not the one who is caring about my "epeen" here when you make comments like this on these forums:

there used to be fame, glory, and respect for playing warrior. Now, no one gives a shit and we're treated like shit. 

it's cuz i have a life btw.
No one outside of bdo will care about how well you grind or how good your gear is. If you're serious about gaming and want BDO to become serious then you'd not even equate gear with effort.

BDO is a game, not a -----ing job. get over it.

But if you insist that BDO is just an MMORPG. then you should probably throw skill out of any conversation ever again. So the next time you beat someone in your mind it should just be: "yep my gear won that match". 

We need to go back to the days where warrior was a class for the mechanically elite. For those who are willing to put in the time and effort to gitgud. Cuz right now It's a -----ing 1 button class with an ult that's so ridiculous u can even "accidentally" kill with it.

Oh boy, I'm for sure the one that cares about my own epeen. And golly gee, you definitely don't care what others think or say. Definitely not. Never gave off that vibe ever.

I've said it before and I will say it again, you, yes specifically you, very clearly want this game to go the whole esports route and you want to be able to "show off" on some stream or participate in some tournament for money with the skill you consistently brag about having (which by the way no one here or on the Warrior forums or in the game itself has ever seen or heard of you outside of your silly posts on these forums and even then its only like 3-4 people who actually acknowledge your existence enough to tell you to go away). If esports is your goal then this isn't the game for you since you said it yourself you don't find it fun, so there is logically no point for you to continue playing it. There is nothing wrong with the game being the way it is, there is nothing wrong with it being an MMORPG first and not some esports MOBA/FPS/Fighter game; you just need to ultimately accept that this is not the place for what you want and move on. I've said this to you many times already, each and every time you seem to completely check out of the forums and then I see you appear again with some new silly post/thread. The MMORPG genre is very, very clearly not for you.

Get over it.

By the way, you've even said you want them to turn BDO into an esports game entirely basically just to fit your own tastes.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/search/&q=esports&author=Xaqq

So again...

Get over it.

Edited by Jefferson
1 person likes this

Posted

Man, we just got started on the awakening tree. Aside from no-lifers, most people still lnger around 56-57. If they wanna revamp pre-awakening skills, then just do it. No need for second awakening BS!

This only makes sense if they wanna revamp/fix skills and they wanna make us grind for them before they take effect. Which is honestly ridiculous. In other games, they just... you know, make changes to skills as needed for balance purposes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe they are taken things to far of what and where this game should go. I mean, that's how Aion failed. Let's not bring in something that will ruin the game total.

Posted

Dont see base skill reworks ever happening NA/EU cause that would kill the point of awakening for some classes.

Posted

Dont see base skill reworks ever happening NA/EU cause that would kill the point of awakening for some classes.

Agreed. Classes that stay (close to) 100% in awakening form now do so for a reason. Don't see how they could buff Warrior's pre-awk skills for example without making them even stronger.

Posted (edited)

Game design does not take into account the transmission, because we started to design the concept is so, but we have other ways to design, such as the design of flying boats around the world, players can sit and move when another place, it may be this year This concept appears in the game. We will think of other ways to make it more convenient.

wat

Edited by DarkBever

Posted

Agreed. Classes that stay (close to) 100% in awakening form now do so for a reason. Don't see how they could buff Warrior's pre-awk skills for example without making them even stronger.

my guess is, like how preawkening skills were nerfed once awakenings rolled out, they will Nerf skills in awakening when 2nd awakening comes out.

Posted

I have two accounts on the TW server. They don't have awakening yet, let alone a 2nd awakening. This is merely a WIP.

The rumor you're talking about is not a rumor, it was unveiled by Pearl Abyss at the TGS.

wat

This is going to be public transport, like zeppelins in WoW.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0