• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Teleport points or fast travel?

99 posts in this topic

Posted

YJlq8h.gif

Would you be interested in that?

1 person likes this

Posted

there is already teleport in game, 6 hours cooldown though.

Posted

I don't think this game needs a Fast Travel besides what's already in game. It may be difficult to adjust to at first if you're used to your typical MMO, however you get used to it and setup a home near the areas you frequent the most. Eventually you'll end up with a fast horse and the map starts to feel much smaller than it originally did. 

2 people like this

Posted

How about no, I am glad it takes time to get anywhere. Makes the world seem so much larger.

13 people like this

Posted

How about if we don't instead?

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

There was talk of airships, I'm game with that, would be cool if they connect the major cities through a direct airship route.  And there are items that allow you to port to the nearest town and junk like that.

Look up the Adventures Map I think its called.

Edited by Zegram
3 people like this

Posted

In my opinion I really like how we don't have fast travel right now, but at the same time I wouldn't care if we did have it. Pretty much I'm fine with both, but leaning way more on keeping the fast travel out of the game. Besides, that would make horses and whatnot a little unnecessary and we love those! :x

Posted

In my opinion I really like how we don't have fast travel right now, but at the same time I wouldn't care if we did have it. Pretty much I'm fine with both, but leaning way more on keeping the fast travel out of the game. Besides, that would make horses and whatnot a little unnecessary and we love those! :x

we have fast travel, just the item is nearly impossible to get without spending way too much of your time.

Posted

we have fast travel, just the item is nearly impossible to get without spending way too much of your time.

Exactly! To me that doesn't count, then. I definitely understand what you mean, though. :)

Posted

I like the game how it is, Everquest didn't have fast travel and I felt the game was better for it.  Then they introduced "camp fires" etc, it just made the game too easy, and encouraged higher level people the ability to call in lower level toons, that shouldn't be in the zone, for XP grinding.  We lost that sense of adventure.

Posted

Im sure a lot of kids can afford it to waste hours on some mount... But not me, yeah we need fast travel

2 people like this

Posted

The problem with teleport/fast travel etc is that you kill the living world. In all MMO, example WoW, you have a dead world only because Flying month, travel nodes etc. When you are allowed to immediately travel fast to a other point, then you have no reason to enter some parts in the world. You kill the "living world". But then you get a other problem, like Margoria, it's take around one hour to travel over the ocean to Port Ratt. Many player don't do that, they want not spent the time for that. But in my opinion it's a great thing in a MMO, that you need plan a longer travel, estimate when you can do that, and let it take the time you need. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I ride 95% of time afk watching youtube/series. So yeah portal is fine. 1 Calpheon, 1 Mediah, 1 Valencia.

It won't happen though because people think afk riding is immersive.

Edited by Bloodex
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't think this game needs a Fast Travel besides what's already in game. It may be difficult to adjust to at first if you're used to your typical MMO, however you get used to it and setup a home near the areas you frequent the most. Eventually you'll end up with a fast horse and the map starts to feel much smaller than it originally did. 

With my pure white T8, from Altinova to Epheria, it's take 5 minutes (including lagg in Heidel). So it's pretty fast and travel in the world, if you not count the travel over the ocean or desert. So you have a choise, get a fast horse :)

Edited by Shinee

Posted (edited)

With my pure white T8, from Altinova to Epheria, it's take 5 minutes (including lagg in Heidel). So it's pretty fast and travel in the world, if you not count the travel over the ocean or desert. So you have a choise, get a fast horse :)

Yeah you will be spending some time getting right stats, catching and leveling them. Many many months unless you speed up process with irl cash. Also keep in mind that majority of people don't keep their cpu open 24/7.

Edited by Bloodex

Posted

I wouldnt mind fast travel ( more controlable than the barely obtainable item ) or the archeologist map. As long as its not a cash shop item, but an "handy" in game system.

Since so far i would never prevent anyone to not use them, and still travel "old fashion"

1 person likes this

Posted

YJlq8h.gif

dude, what movie is that? Looks like a really funny one.

1 person likes this

Posted

please no.

Posted

If you enable fast travel / teleport you will stuff up the in-game economy of horses and many materials which hold their value because you have to transport them to be sold rather than teleporting everywhere

Posted

1. this been discussed before. Answer was No. Get over it.

2. No

Yeah you will be spending some time getting right stats, catching and leveling them. Many many months unless you speed up process with irl cash. Also keep in mind that majority of people don't keep their cpu open 24/7.

1. Majority people do.

2. Sounds like your playing the wrong game.

Posted

Would totally break various systems this game has, basically ruining it. Lots of people were yearning for a big world which you actually had to travel!

Posted

We have the transport feature. The many teleport systems(Node war fort time, traveler's map, escape, etc); so we're fine as it is.

Having a dedicated teleport feature would rend sailing and riding useless.

Posted

How about if we don't instead?

WHAH WHAH WHAH, Mommy someone has a different opinion than me, do something.

WHAH WHAH WHAH. I need my milk and cookies.