• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Teleport points or fast travel?

99 posts in this topic

Posted

But you already have a teleport. It can't get you everywhere but it's there. (not talking about the one in the questline <wink wink>)

Look up transport option in your character menu ingame. Of course it takes time to "cast".

But if you mean like an instant teleport then  a BIG NO to that.

Posted

WHAH WHAH WHAH, Mommy someone has a different opinion than me, do something.

WHAH WHAH WHAH. I need my milk and cookies.

Super high quality post!  Thank you for your input xD 

Posted

Nah, no thanks.  I'll take airships, though.  Those were cool in ArcheAge.  However, given how fast horses can be, that would be more of a novelty than anything else.  I'm pretty sure my T6 could outrun an airship (that'd be a fun race!).

And while it takes "forever" to get to Margoria, I know that once they open up that continent, it won't be so annoying.  Right now, there's just that one port.  If there was a whole continent, then more people would go as there would be more content.  But I don't expect that for another...year?  Two?

Anyway, instant teleportation just wouldn't work with the systems in place.

Posted

Im sure a lot of kids can afford it to waste hours on some mount... But not me, yeah we need fast travel

...and that's how an opinion becomes a rant.
I'm sure that generally speaking, a lot of suggestions could hit the target if the casual user wouldn't go around cursing, deminishing and throwing ad personam everywhere, however nope. Better calling kid whoever has a different opinion to prove that he's in fact a kid rather than come up with a decent explanation or at least keep out these things, that's the mature way to spot kids in a game where there are so many mature peeps if you do not have time to waste on kid's suggestions.

Posted

Fast travel would devalue a lot of things and make PVP a mess even more so. One of the things about making people actually run around the map is they get more selective about what they will do at any given point, which is a good thing.  I think its great that people adapt to places like pirates by living there for a week before returning to the mainland. 

Outside of Pirates and that new island, BDO feels like GTA if you have a fast horse.  You can go from one end of the map to the other pretty fast, see the sights and get stuff done.

If you have a fast horse and actually RIDE it instead of afk on it you can get from Port Epheria to Mediah in no time. AFK horse riding is like 1/4 the speed, so its better to spend a couple of minutes actively playing the game than watching TV and complaining you don't have time.  If you are riding a  T2 horse then I could see the complaint, but there are better options available

Posted

Why do some people continually make posts pushing for this game to be more like WoW?

We get it. You liked WoW, and other similar MMOs. Some of us didn't, though, some of us wanted a game that did things differently to WoW and this is it.

Fast travel in an easily accessible form would make Black Desert feel less wild. It would make the world feel smaller and less interesting. Most importantly, it would ruin certain systems in the game - Horses, how storage works (You could just unlock a bunch in different places and skip about to use them), the value of moving items around sensibly and most of all, it would remove much of the risk. If your guild is at war, or someone decides to attack you, you'd just fast travel everywhere and never leave safe zones.

The same arguments apply to flying mounts in the form other games allow. Airships, however, could still work - because they'll likely be slower than horses and we'll be able to attack them.

But seriously - Stop trying to make this game into WoW: Korean Edition. No PVE servers. No PVE 'safe' flags. No fast travel. No to all of that theme-park crap.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, thanks!

No fast travel or teleportation, please!

Posted

I think i know where the issue is. People who want fast travel are prolly running upscaled optimization mode version of the game, they take no pleasure in travel. 

No fast travel is one of few features that dragged me to this game. 

Posted

Either one of them would be a huge mistake. The world was created with no fast travel in mind. Travel needs to stay as is.

Posted

with a good horse and skills you already have fast travel. We could use faster movement on water though, but not the instant travel type you're talking about, no. That's stuff for MMOs and not for MMORPGs.

Posted

fast travel would instantly kill the immersion of BDO having a pretty big world. all the desert and ocean stuff lose their meaning.

there is a reason that even normal transport doesn't work everywhere, and it's good

1 person likes this

Posted

WHAH WHAH WHAH, Mommy someone has a different opinion than me, do something.

WHAH WHAH WHAH. I need my milk and cookies.

Unless your mommy reads the forums, you'll have to leave your basement and go upstairs to demand cookies.

But she still won't be able to do anything about my opinion, even though it apparently bothers you so much.

1 person likes this

Posted

No! This game transport system is perfect the way it is. NO fast travel shit.

Posted (edited)

I got a better idea.

Ask  Blizzard to add in WoW the features you like from BDO, instead of doing the opposite.

Edited by Nemus

Posted (edited)

The only fast travel option I would be OK with would have to do with sea travel.  

I don't mind having to ride back and forth on my Horses on Land, because as soon as I decide I want to go, I'm off and running, I can go AFK and make a sandwich or put some laundry in the washer/dryer or do *something* away from the computer while I auto Run/Ride to where I want to be.

But what *kills* me is running to a port, sitting there for x ammount of time waiting for the ferry to arrive(Because there is no way to get on it while AFK), then having to get onto the ferry and sit on the ferry for X amount of time and ride it all the way to Lema/Illya or where ever it is going.  

What they could do to fix this "Issue" is allow us to talk to Dock Managers and get a "nearly" instant teleport from port to port, Unless you are carrying trade goods, then you have to wait for the physical ship.

Edited by Saphala

Posted

What they could do to fix this "Issue" is allow us to talk to Dock Managers and get a "nearly" instant teleport from port to port, Unless you are carrying trade goods, then you have to wait for the physical ship.

Still should not be able to instantly go anywhere.  It sure is a pain waiting on the dang ferry, but it makes having a boat more desirable.  Kinda like public transit versus having your own car.

Posted

Super high quality post!  Thank you for your input xD 

Anytime. That's what I'm here for!

Unless your mommy reads the forums, you'll have to leave your basement and go upstairs to demand cookies.

But she still won't be able to do anything about my opinion, even though it apparently bothers you so much.

umadbro? tissue?

Posted

Still should not be able to instantly go anywhere.  It sure is a pain waiting on the dang ferry, but it makes having a boat more desirable.  Kinda like public transit versus having your own car.

Sure, and when I'm going someplace that a Ferry does not go, I take my boat, at least then I can Auto path it and go AFK while I'm going there..

The issue for me, I guess, is not that it takes time to get to and from Point A to Point B, its the fact that I have gotten used to being able to just say "Go here"  and then walking away, or tabbing out, It gives me the ability to make use of that time.  Instead of just staring at the screen doing nothing while I wait for a ferry to arrive.

Posted

Anytime. That's what I'm here for!

umadbro? tissue?

o.O Why would I be mad that you're throwing a temper tantrum?

1 person likes this

Posted

They will add flying ships to travel from city to city this year in korea

Posted

Would destroy a lot in the game tbh.

Posted

no 

Posted

Nah, no thanks.  I'll take airships, though.  Those were cool in ArcheAge.  

We will get a public transportation air balloon soon.
But not as your own mount. :P

Posted

We will get a public transportation air balloon soon.But not as your own mount. :P

Is there any vid of it? :o

Posted

Is there any vid of it? :o

Not that i know.