• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Teleport points or fast travel?

99 posts in this topic

Posted

OH NO. One of the resons I love BDO is abscence of teleports... Besides, this makes horse breeding more thrilling!

Posted

I think fast travel would really change the feel of the game - not for the better either.

Posted

I would like some sort of fast travel, maybe from capital to capital.

I want to go and explore Valencia, but my character who is geared for that has to be in Calpheon when she's afk, so I've been putting it off.

Particularly during the week, when I only have a couple of hours to play, spending your last hour setting everyone up where they are supposed to be feels like a chore.  And a game shouldn't feel like a chore.

And no, I have never played WoW. :-P

Posted

It doesn't take an hour to go from  VC to  Calpheon.

Also, doing something on an alt for one night of  AFK wont kill ya.

I think people need to adapt to the game and leave the good unique traits alone.  its the same for the desert debuff. I actually don't have a problem with the mechanic but some ppl find it to be chore and want to streamline everything.  Yuck.

Posted (edited)

It doesn't have any sense in this game, its way more "immersive" as it is now. Iv played many MMO's and none have been as immersive as BDO, don't take its unique things out of it.

Edited by Snuffs Baggins

Posted

There is already an teleportation option available when you switch characters.

It takes 1 hour tho. 

That's enough for me. 

Posted

It doesn't take an hour to go from  VC to  Calpheon.

Also, doing something on an alt for one night of  AFK wont kill ya.

I think people need to adapt to the game and leave the good unique traits alone.  its the same for the desert debuff. I actually don't have a problem with the mechanic but some ppl find it to be chore and want to streamline everything.  Yuck.

I wouldn't know, since I've never been to VC. Sand Grain and the early desert is as far as I've gone.

But by if you are going fishing at sea, then it's overland travel + boat travel + logging into an alt to give your workers beer because you forgot + logging back into another alt to feed pets because you forgot that as well.

So a lot of the "seamless" world is broken up by logging into alts (which is its own form of fast travel), or by simply going afk while you are autopathing somewhere.

Posted

BDO has its charms one being you cant fast travel. Its bad enough they are planning on releasing airships, theres your answer to porting.

Posted

No.

Posted

...and that's how an opinion becomes a rant.I'm sure that generally speaking, a lot of suggestions could hit the target if the casual user wouldn't go around cursing, deminishing and throwing ad personam everywhere, however nope. Better calling kid whoever has a different opinion to prove that he's in fact a kid rather than come up with a decent explanation or at least keep out these things, that's the mature way to spot kids in a game where there are so many mature peeps if you do not have time to waste on kid's suggestions.

tbh i dont like to ride from olivia to altinova each time to trade my stuff in for imp cooking, or from velia to glish after that to splashing point just to realize everytime that i have to wait 10 min for imp traders to accept (not) my stuff and another 5 min for a channel swap, after dealing with all this stuff i still have to ride (afk... After 220 days ofplay time i dont enjoy the scenery) back to my hometown. Just casually making money with lifeskills takes 2-4 hours per day, it would be a huge help for everyone who is about to quit or cant afford to play the game active for a long time. You dont have to use any teleporter ( if there were any) its your personal opinion whats the best thing for you. But i cant stand it anymore, and im sure im not the only one here. Any porter even limited usages per day or one to any town please, we need them

Posted

i think introducing fast travel would ruin the game, kungen did a video back when he was still playing as a huge question was bdo vs wow and he highlights some of the reasons why he liked bdo and some the more negatives to wow one of the biggest was when they introduced fast travel

Posted (edited)

tbh i dont like to ride from olivia to altinova each time to trade my stuff in for imp cooking, or from velia to glish after that to splashing point just to realize everytime that i have to wait 10 min for imp traders to accept (not) my stuff and another 5 min for a channel swap, after dealing with all this stuff i still have to ride (afk... After 220 days ofplay time i dont enjoy the scenery) back to my hometown. Just casually making money with lifeskills takes 2-4 hours per day, it would be a huge help for everyone who is about to quit or cant afford to play the game active for a long time. You dont have to use any teleporter ( if there were any) its your personal opinion whats the best thing for you. But i cant stand it anymore, and im sure im not the only one here. Any porter even limited usages per day or one to any town please, we need them

Could have just typed eight words instead of a paragraph, and say the exact same thing. "I'm too lazy, so I want fast travel." , or even shorter to two words "I'm lazy". All the while ignoring the plethora of consequences/problems that adding fast travel would cause. If you think we are saying no just because of "immersion" you are quite delusional and clearly unable to grasp the ramification that would result from such action.

The game was designed around not being able to fast travel. Don't like it? Feel its too much of a chore? Then maybe BDO isn't the game for you. To which I say you should find another game that fits your attention span, rather than changing/ruining a game in which the lack of fast travel was a big selling point for countless people.

Edited by Illuminia
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I personally do not want fast travel in the game. Ever. Under any circumstance.
Not a single suggestion would make me want it. Because i know every implementation of it, and have experienced it in
countless games.

Fast travel takes the realism that i enjoy out of it. It has a decent amount of realism and fantasy.
Yes i know that dragons are not real. But you get my point.
Everything feels as if you have to earn it heavily. And that's what i enjoy about it. Even to having to walk somewhere.

Now naturally the next rebuttal to this would be,but you can afk auto path somewhere,So obviously it's no different
than waypoint teleporting. No,it's not. You can die on the way there and it still takes time. I can sit here and explain every
single angle of why i don't enjoy it but i don't care to unless i have to.

If it isn't broke why fix it?. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current travel in the game. I think the only people
who would complain about mounted travel on land at least are people with very bad tier horses without trifecta skills.
That can be easily remedied. People are just not patient.

I have come to realize that at least from what it appears to be ninety percent of the complaining or suggestions of change on the forum.
are based on emotional bias centered mostly around a persons frustration with their own lack of patience.

And somehow most of all of these conversations come back to someone saying "but i don't have time to do this or that therefor it should be
easier for me" Can we stop trying to make BDO like other games? And let BDO organically grow into what it is? I have noticed that
the community here on the forum in no way shape or form represents the in game community.

Also why should kiddos have a way to escape me on their path to the next town? This is an OWPVP game. Taste my blade.

Edited by Freeway
In b4 plunge decimates this topic :D
1 person likes this

Posted

I personally do not want fast travel in the game. Ever. Under any circumstance.
Not a single suggestion would make me want it. Because i know every implementation of it, and have experienced it in
countless games.

Fast travel takes the realism that i enjoy out of it. It has a decent amount of realism and fantasy.
Yes i know that dragons are not real. But you get my point.
Everything feels as if you have to earn it heavily. And that's what i enjoy about it. Even to having to walk somewhere.

Now naturally the next rebuttal to this would be,but you can afk auto path somewhere,So obviously it's no different
than waypoint teleporting. No,it's not. You can die on the way there and it still takes time. I can sit here and explain every
single angle of why i don't enjoy it but i don't care to unless i have to.

If it isn't broke why fix it?. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current travel in the game. I think the only people
who would complain about mounted travel on land at least are people with very bad tier horses without trifecta skills.
That can be easily remedied. People are just not patient.

I have come to realize that at least from what it appears to be ninety percent of the complaining or suggestions of change on the forum.
are based on emotional bias centered mostly around a persons frustration with their own lack of patience.

And somehow most of all of these conversations come back to someone saying "but i don't have time to do this or that therefor it should be
easier for me" Can we stop trying to make BDO like other games? And let BDO organically grow into what it is? I have noticed that
the community here on the forum in no way shape or form represents the in game community.

Also why should kiddos have a way to escape me on their path to the next town? This is an OWPVP game. Taste my blade.

Agreed, and kind of ironic coming from a person with the name "Freeway". xD

Posted

Do u know how many people would be at pirates if there was fast travel? it be ridic

Posted

Yes, you can spend a ton of irl cash to buy + trade pearls or grind for an exorbitant amount of time to earn silver...enough to buy a fast enough mount.  You can even spend a ton of time in the breeding mini game to get a fast mount.  What a mmo is usually about though, is options.  I'm failing to see what is so wrong with a quicker travel option between certain locations...with certain restrictions.  That would just be another option.  I'm sure it would have some in-game cost.  I know I wouldn't pay irl cash for that.  Something like speedy/instant transport between major cities wouldn't be bad for the game at all.  It could cost loyalty points or even silver.  It wouldn't help with travel in node wars, rbf, or between any non major city destinations.  The only thing it would help with would be what we all generally auto path and afk for anyway...long travel times.  If you are really wanting to see the in game scenery for the 999999999th time between major cities...by all means...continue with your manual travel and enjoy to your heart's content.  Just don't try and pretend this is about anything else than you wanting to be a special snowflake, being one of those players that just has a vested interest in making sure everyone else gets no QoL improvements,  or wanting easy mode pks on auto pather's (which just makes you pathetic).  Adding a mechanic to move from major city to major city quickly...other than a mount...does not remove immersion any more than the items already in game that take you to the closest major city.  The air ship thing I read somewhere is a nice idea...and potentially a great improvement...assuming they are at least as fast as the fastest horse.  I would even go as far as adding a home city mechanic....where you can auto/instant travel to that city of your choosing once every x amount of time.  Maybe make it as long as once every 12 hours.  Would be no different than the node wars mechanic where everyone can teleport to the node wars base at the beginning of the node war.  No more immersion breaking than that.  No more devaluation of a mount than that.  No more denying of looking at pixels than that.  Yes...this is a similar mechanic to previous mmo games...but complaining about that is like saying it is wrong to learn from past successes and mistakes...which would not be an intelligent stance to take.

Posted

YJlq8h.gif

Would you be interested in that?

Absolutely not, you take the open world out of the game when you add fast travel in.  

Yes, you can spend a ton of irl cash to buy + trade pearls or grind for an exorbitant amount of time to earn silver...enough to buy a fast enough mount.  You can even spend a ton of time in the breeding mini game to get a fast mount.  What a mmo is usually about though, is options.  I'm failing to see what is so wrong with a quicker travel option between certain locations...with certain restrictions.  That would just be another option.  I'm sure it would have some in-game cost.  I know I wouldn't pay irl cash for that.  Something like speedy/instant transport between major cities wouldn't be bad for the game at all.  It could cost loyalty points or even silver.  It wouldn't help with travel in node wars, rbf, or between any non major city destinations.  The only thing it would help with would be what we all generally auto path and afk for anyway...long travel times.  If you are really wanting to see the in game scenery for the 999999999th time between major cities...by all means...continue with your manual travel and enjoy to your heart's content.  Just don't try and pretend this is about anything else than you wanting to be a special snowflake, being one of those players that just has a vested interest in making sure everyone else gets no QoL improvements,  or wanting easy mode pks on auto pather's (which just makes you pathetic).  Adding a mechanic to move from major city to major city quickly...other than a mount...does not remove immersion any more than the items already in game that take you to the closest major city.  The air ship thing I read somewhere is a nice idea...and potentially a great improvement...assuming they are at least as fast as the fastest horse.  I would even go as far as adding a home city mechanic....where you can auto/instant travel to that city of your choosing once every x amount of time.  Maybe make it as long as once every 12 hours.  Would be no different than the node wars mechanic where everyone can teleport to the node wars base at the beginning of the node war.  No more immersion breaking than that.  No more devaluation of a mount than that.  No more denying of looking at pixels than that.  Yes...this is a similar mechanic to previous mmo games...but complaining about that is like saying it is wrong to learn from past successes and mistakes...which would not be an intelligent stance to take.

lol..you can buy a mount with instant accel and drift for less than 20 mill...

Posted

So basicly people who want this ignor any consequences that it will bring like the horse breeding witch took some of us many hours before we got the breed we wanted. just take those 500+ hours and trash them for us please your time is more valuable.

Then we have trade oh that would be nice maybe we could just teleport between valencia and magoria with trade items so everyone can take benefit of master/guru level of trade so it's fair for everyone. Let's trash those who traveled through the world selling stuff, we want it easy.

Hey we have a war going on these guys found us and we will bump into them outside, we can change channels but now let's add teleportation to the game. hide and seek game just became a lot better because I can instantly change my position on the map.

You want it easier? With fast travels/teleports and nobody interrupting your game experience. GO PLAY A SINGLE  PLAYER GAME!

P.S.

Airships will probably fly very slowly  and you will need to wait for them to arrive then sometimes you will have to change the airship to get where you want. Just like ships today.

I can already hear the frustration and rants about it.

Posted

I suppose if they implemented Capital to Capital Air Travel, they could make it so you can't take your mount.  So you'd need mounts in various cities, so that would keep the horse breeders happy, keep the traders happy etc

Posted

Im sure a lot of kids can afford it to waste hours on some mount... But not me, yeah we need fast travel

I don't have a lot of time...hmmm..let's see.....this MMO with no fast travel, emphasis on a lot of grind and generally slow pace for progress sounds like a good thing I should get into and try to get changed to suit me.  Sign me up!

Posted

^^ Well I'd ask the guy with a gun to your head to leave your room.  Why do people join a game, then moan it's not like such and such, well here's an idea, go play such and such game, Oh wait that game's servers closed down, because no one  played it.

Posted

I would have to say no. 

I mostly play this game for traveling and exploring around, not necessarily the grindfest or fashion it offers. Quick travel/teleport points would be a bit of a downer - unless you mean like the old Mabinogi way where there were teleporters made of mana or something and only worked during the night, then maybe. Would have to fit with the world and not be a generic asset. 

Why do people join a game, then moan it's not like such and such,

Because expectations weren't met for the certain player. It's bothersome to see threads over and over with complaining about it, but it's at least it can be reasonable no?

Posted

Im sure a lot of kids can afford it to waste hours on some mount... But not me, yeah we need fast travel

It doesn't take hours, come on. And you can make time for yourself. You don't work 24 hours a day and also not all the 7 days of the week.
No valid reason to justify fast travel. No, we don't need it.

Posted

Nope.

Posted

I would have to say no. 

I mostly play this game for traveling and exploring around, not necessarily the grindfest or fashion it offers. Quick travel/teleport points would be a bit of a downer - unless you mean like the old Mabinogi way where there were teleporters made of mana or something and only worked during the night, then maybe. Would have to fit with the world and not be a generic asset. 

Because expectations weren't met for the certain player. It's bothersome to see threads over and over with complaining about it, but it's at least it can be reasonable no?

True, but surely its one of the reasons you like the game, you don't go to someones house and say "I really want to be best friends, but you've got to change your curtains?" those dodgy curtains are what makes the person interesting to you in the first place!