• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Teleport points or fast travel?

99 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This thread needs a poll:

1) Yes

2) No

3) Just cities

I don´t think we need fast travel in general, or lets say not to anywhere on the map. But just major cities should do it. That would be handy.

Edited by Nevaee

Posted

^^ But with constaints

Posted

Don't get paranoid. It's not like people are asking for summoning abilities and instanced enverioments so you never have to travel in world.

We just ask mediah/valencia/calpheon portals so there is less time afk riding from zone to zone. 

..Unless you think riding afk in capital while watching youtube is immersive.

Posted

I don't have a lot of time...hmmm..let's see.....this MMO with no fast travel, emphasis on a lot of grind and generally slow pace for progress sounds like a good thing I should get into and try to get changed to suit me.  Sign me up!

mmos are not about no lifing fyi

Posted

mmos are not about no lifing fyi

Point was you picked one that right from the outset and known before launch that did not have a key feature you wanted. And now want to change something alot of people prefer to suit your personal preference.

1 person likes this

Posted

This thread needs a poll:

1) Yes

2) No

3) Just cities

I don´t think we need fast travel in general, or lets say not to anywhere on the map. But just major cities should do it. That would be handy.

controlled fast travelling to cities would still ruin the horsestem

Posted

Point was you picked one that right from the outset and known before launch that did not have a key feature you wanted. And now want to change something alot of people prefer to suit your personal preference.

nope, i didnt knew the game content, i only knew that it had a beautiful graphic, some nice looking combat gameplay and a lot of pve professions, and yeah i knew it was a huge open world without any zones

Posted

nope, i didnt knew the game content, i only knew that it had a beautiful graphic, some nice looking combat gameplay and a lot of pve professions, and yeah i knew it was a huge open world without any zones

I did't say YOU knew what the game features were. I kind of assumed by your previous posts that you weren't the type to actually have bothered to check what the game actually featured or if it suited your preferred playstyle.

What I did say, was that it was common knowledge that there wasn't any fast travel.

Posted

I did't say YOU knew what the game features were. I kind of assumed by your previous posts that you weren't the type to actually have bothered to check what the game actually featured or if it suited your preferred playstyle.

What I did say, was that it was common knowledge that there wasn't any fast travel.

common knowledge? i dont watch playthroughts or walkthroughs, i saw some news and a few trailers , nothing more, and i dont live in korea, chill

Posted (edited)

common knowledge? i dont watch playthroughts or walkthroughs, i saw some news and a few trailers , nothing more, and i dont live in korea, chill

You obviously have a browser and know how to use it (except for thinking you need to live in Korea to look into a Korean game getting an NA release). Just saying.....rather than visiting a forum and site for a game after you bought it to complain and demand changes that take away what other people bought it for, how about doing that visit beforehand and seeing if it has what you want? 

Edited by Silchas_Ruin

Posted

Absolutely not, you take the open world out of the game when you add fast travel in.  

lol..you can buy a mount with instant accel and drift for less than 20 mill...

So, basically the counter argument is nothing more than the following:

1. Its only silver.....meaning there is no actual counter arguement

2. Lack of comprehension...as no one would be forcing you to not look at pixels if you want to...while riding your horse from major city to major city

3. The argument that "I paid x" or "I did x" or "when I was a kid...we walked 10 miles uphill backwards and in a blizzard to school 10 times a day with no shoes...so you should too"

Sorry, but these types of arguments are the defining purpose/reason for quality of life improvements in any game like this.  No one is trying to take anything away from you...short of some low life pk griefers on afk riders.  People need to find a dictionary and look up the terms options and optional.

Posted

Im ok with it. eg I can take 1000 calpheon crates to/from Trent to Valencia City or Ratt Harbour. I can finally meet Kutum and Nova on time and convenience, Who needs T9 or T 10 horse. Market will be flooded with this useless horse. 

Please think of the cons side for everybody sake before asking bobo question.

Posted

I think teleport booths that charge silver between cities would be cool. Say 5000 silver between Heidel and Calpheon. Newbies would forgo the cost and just run or ride.

Teleport would not impact usefulness of horses because horses carry weight and have inventory slots.

Posted

YJlq8h.gif

Would you be interested in that?A

Absolutely-not. No fast travel. 

Im sure a lot of kids can afford it to waste hours on some mount... But not me, yeah we need fast travel

If you don't have time to play the game properly, then play another game.

Posted (edited)

YJlq8h.gif

Would you be interested in that?

Go back to Guild Wars 2 please. Any idea what such bullcrap does to a game? Flying mounts in WoW, fast travel points in Guild Wars - both bad ideas... Ofc GW2 doesn't have mounts so it kind of makes sense and was easier to implement than mounts.

Edit: Nice gif :D
Edit 2: Get a fast mount :)

Edited by mafeel

Posted (edited)

I think teleport booths that charge silver between cities would be cool. Say 5000 silver between Heidel and Calpheon. Newbies would forgo the cost and just run or ride.

Teleport would not impact usefulness of horses because horses carry weight and have inventory slots.

Nope, it's simpler than that, you have a fast travel point between capitals, you can only fast travel a set amount per day, per account, say 4 times.  You can't take any trade items, you can't use if over weight and you can't take a mount.

The benefits would be:

It will stop people just bouncing all over the map, they will have to put some thought into wether they want/need to fast travel

It won't impact trade routes

You can't use it as a form of farming, then just bouncing back to you warehouse when over weight

You'd need a mount in each capital, this would keep the horse breeders happy, as we'd need more mounts.  You could even go as far as linking the fast travel to the stable, and make it a prerequisite that you have at least a tier 3 horse in the stable to be able to access the fast travel.

They could even add in that you need a set amount of Karma maybe 1500 as well

Edited by Iscoed
2 people like this

Posted

YJlq8h.gif

Would you be interested in that?

Donkey Kong Country is a great game, the gif is fun.

But no.

Posted

A key feature of Black Desert is the open PVP past level 50.

Allowing fast travel, even just city to city, would ruin this. You could have people who completely avoided any risk and that would go against what the game is about. Additionally, travel is clearly meant to be a factor in certain things - Some armour is only sold by NPCs in certain cities, some worker nodes can only be found in certain places, etc. It's part of the game, and allowing even long-cooldown city to city fast travel would reduce the risk and cost of lifeskills and grinding.

This is not a themepark MMO ala Rift, WoW or Tera. 

This is a sandbox MMO, which means no fast travel.

Posted (edited)

I think the game is better without fast traveling, it gives a meaning having faster horses.
I would only accept fast travels to get to World Bosses as now they go down so fast that by the time you get to them they are almost dead unless you happen to be in close proximity.
I don't know maybe having some kind of Magic Stones that when a World Boss is up you can use to open a portal and teleport to them.
Or maybe just add a 30 minutes delay for all the World Bosses like for Nouver, so people has the chance to get to them in time.
Generally I don't think fast traveling is a good idea though.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

Sprint + Drift + Instant accel = close enough

Posted

So, basically the counter argument is nothing more than the following:

1. Its only silver.....meaning there is no actual counter arguement

2. Lack of comprehension...as no one would be forcing you to not look at pixels if you want to...while riding your horse from major city to major city

3. The argument that "I paid x" or "I did x" or "when I was a kid...we walked 10 miles uphill backwards and in a blizzard to school 10 times a day with no shoes...so you should too"

Sorry, but these types of arguments are the defining purpose/reason for quality of life improvements in any game like this.  No one is trying to take anything away from you...short of some low life pk griefers on afk riders.  People need to find a dictionary and look up the terms options and optional.

not interested in arguing lol...I don't want it, I don't need to explain myself pas that. I've realized the much larger player base in this game doesn't evergo on tthe forums. That said I dob care to much to post other tan a passing comment about what I like or don't like. No interest in debating with the just a few people. Good day

Posted

I am not a big fan of fast travel ut I would like to see a fast travel to any of your houses.  Say you have storage house you have picked up a huge amount of crafting item or anything you want to hold onto. Now you have to have your character run for what seems like an hour just to get back to one of your residences. So the travel loop could consist of travel to your storage house then either start from there or allow you to travel back to the closest town you have been in to wheree you left.

Posted

I would prefer if they did NOT add fast travel. There is a certain realism in this game because we actually travel from place to place. I know it sounds silly, but that's a really big draw to this game for me and would really take away from the game for me if they added it. 

Just my opinion, tho.

Posted

Well, everyone would have the choice. If you like realism dont use fast travel. But no reason to not have it.