• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA: broken OP Warrior Bug

247 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As I am a warrior main and can understand where people who arnt warriors would think this is broken. But thruthfully the 3 sec knockdown/cc immune is needed after the block. When a warrior blocks most skills it causes us to be stuck in block, that sounds OP but it actually freezes is in place. When you finally are able to leave block we would instantly CC'd by any competent pvper. Now I agree that warrior is one of the 3 OP pvp classes, but it's not because of this 3 sec CC immune.

Edited by Sintax

Posted (edited)

I stole this from the warrior forum. You guys are retarded, it is not a bug. And it is not really an advantage because no warrior is going to walk through your damage because of this, this thread is kind of useless.

02yJuUr.jpg

Edited by Wrekks
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

feel free to test it your self.

I spent almost an hour last night testing this in arena as a 60 warrior, and my conclusion is that the resistance only works sometimes 1-2 seconds at the most if it actually works (it's impossible to depend on it), and it's definately random and rarely works if you use non-superarmor abilities right after instead of just walking.

I think this whole thing is highly blown up by players who does not play warrior, nor apparantly have much knowledge of warriors, and simply read something on reddit and does not realise how small of a thing this really is for us in most cases.

What warriors would go out of block stance to take a walk into death?

I don't see many situations where this would even matter to be honest, since it's so random and usually doesn't work at all when using non-superarmor skills right after.

If you would depend on this as a warrior, it means you are already doing something wrong and you will end up with a worse result compared to just using the better alternative ways. 

That this thread is ABOUT A BUG ON THE WARRIOR CLASS. A BUG! Can you understand those words?

Chunchun, I think he meant that this might be slightly blown up based on a youtube video from korea posted while our servers were down.

It seems like you and many other non-warriors are already shouting "bug" with caps lock, but it's often wise to test properly and see what the deal with all this is before blowing stuff up further and instantly making conclusions.

So Chunchun, I've tested it, calithrion tested it (in our guild), and me and cali both agreed that this is blown up and is not working like you and several others here state as facts. Take a jump over to the warrior section, and you will see several others like oneuproad saying the same.

The reality is that warriors who try to depend on this new find, which is random and rarely works with non-superarmor skills, will die faster than those who play like before and do not try to depend on a RNG factor like this (and it looks like intended, just poor translation if you read tooltip of the skill).

In terms of permanent superarmors, I'm able to keep up superarmors pretty much nonstop on my 56 wizard while doing more damage than my 60 warrior.

Edited by Gibson
4 people like this

Posted

The only reason Valks should be crying is the fact that 80% of their class is played by facerolling monkeys

uhu btw are you a warrior??

Posted

it's definately random and rarely works if you use non-superarmor abilities right after instead of just walking.

no way that's true, I dueled warriors probably tens of hours and every single block->solar flare->grab I tried to counter with a cancelled TB slash (bound) didn't work. I can't remember a single time when I cc'd a warrior unless he was spamming his dash and not blocking.

Posted

And they buffed warrior :v

Posted (edited)

no way that's true, I dueled warriors probably tens of hours and every single block->solar flare->grab I tried to counter with a cancelled TB slash (bound) didn't work. I can't remember a single time when I cc'd a warrior unless he was spamming his dash and not blocking.

Again, your post is a perfect example of why lack of knowledge of warriors can cause wrong information like this, but I don't blame you.

Askore, you should make a warrior alt, open up the skill menu and read the tooltip of solar flare, one of our basic skills we use all the time.

Now I will save you the time, it clearly says that it can be used in combination with our dash (the only i-frame we have, but on a cooldown), this means you use dash (with i-frame when off cd) to lengthen the solar flare distance when used quickly, and when you do it right this means that the CC you try to hit that warrior with will hit his i-frame if he's timing it right.

So you basically made a huge personal mistake everytime you tried to do that on him, due to lack of knowledge (I thought it was mandatory to learn basic stuff like this back in our Harmony class trainings?)

Would you also run into a wizard who's using water prison and attempt to use your ranger grab on him with open arms? Or walk towards a black hole?

It's important to actually learn how the basic mechanics of other classes work if you want to beat them (or comment on them), this is just like learning how to counter sorc i-frames, ranger i-frames and other strong class mechanics.

Edited by Gibson
2 people like this

Posted

And they buffed warrior :v

WOW. They buffed our non-awakening skills :v because it was us warriors preawakening that were the biggest threat in a GvG and killed millions of players :v

1 person likes this

Posted

WOW. They buffed our non-awakening skills :v because it was us warriors preawakening that were the biggest threat in a GvG and killed millions of players :v

Still a buff :v

Posted

In terms of permanent superarmors, I'm able to keep up superarmors nonstop on my 56 wizard while doing more damage compared to my 60 warrior.

I must be doing something wrong or I can't read but how do you do this?

Posted

Still a buff :v

They realized that we had the shittiest DPS in all of BDO (preawakening) in PvE (even PvP was very bad). It's just a step to their "2nd awakening announcment". Plenty of other classes got damage boost aswell

Posted

They realized that we had the shittiest DPS in all of BDO (preawakening) in PvE (even PvP was very bad). It's just a step to their "2nd awakening announcment". Plenty of other classes got damage boost aswell

That's why they made warrior op after awakening :ph34r:

Posted

Again, your post is a perfect example of why lack of knowledge of warriors can cause wrong information like this, but I don't blame you.

Askore, you should make a warrior alt, open up the skill menu and read the tooltip of solar flare, one of our basic skills we use all the time.

Now I will save you the time, it clearly says that it can be used in combination with our dash (the only i-frame we have, but on a cooldown), this means you use dash (with i-frame when off cd) to lengthen the solar flare distance when used quickly, and when you do it right this means that the CC you try to hit that warrior with will hit his i-frame if he's timing it right.

So you basically made a huge personal mistake everytime you tried to do that on him, due to lack of knowledge (I thought it was mandatory to learn basic stuff like this back in our Harmony class trainings?)

Would you also run into a wizard who's using water prison and attempt to use your ranger grab on him with open arms? Or walk towards a black hole?

It's important to actually learn how the basic mechanics of other classes work if you want to beat them (or comment on them), this is just like learning how to counter sorc i-frames, ranger i-frames and other strong class mechanics.

damage always go through and I'm doing it during the grab, not during the solar flare.

if you think i'm bad maybe we should do a few duels ? would be interesting

Posted

Congrats to the author of this "issue". One of those thousand kids who got beaten by a specific class who comes to forums to cry about a nerf but is smart enough to pack his rage in a kinda well written essay just for the reason that this will make people actually believe his imaginary nonsense. Good job for creating a mass panic and additional work for the Kakao team to check this back with the devs. And good luck with your childish hate for 1 class, if some core mechanic gets nerfed due to mass panic which is actually working as intended, all people will swap to another class until the amount of people of x-class gets too high and leads to another core mechanic nerf. Death spiral at its finest.

2 people like this

Posted

uhu btw are you a warrior??

What does my class has to do with what I stated? I ve seen people whine about how bad valk is since launch yet every single player I ve seen that put some effort in learning the class practised and geared properly was trashing people in 1vs1 pre awakening, some of these people still play and they perform the same after awakening as well....

I mean noone is forcing you to play a specific class if you dont like it, well noone apart from Kashkao with individual weight increases and inv slots....

Posted (edited)

Why are you guys still barking about this? This shit is so useless I tested it, no warrior will do this on purpose you are crying for something no sane warrior will do. Who the ----- will block then walk with cc resistance when you can block + iframe. It's obvious most people here are clueless and just try find something to rant about, but the funny thing is that you rant about something no warrior will use.

Edit: nevermind, Gibson beat me to it 

Edited by LoneWolf
2 people like this

Posted

I spent almost an hour last night testing this in arena as a 60 warrior, and my conclusion is that the resistance only works sometimes 1-2 seconds at the most if it actually works (it's impossible to depend on it), and it's definately random and rarely works if you use non-superarmor abilities right after instead of just walking.

I think this whole thing is highly blown up by players who does not play warrior, nor apparantly have much knowledge of warriors, and simply read something on reddit and does not realise how small of a thing this really is for us in most cases.

What warriors would go out of block stance to take a walk into death?

I don't see many situations where this would even matter to be honest, since it's so random and usually doesn't work at all when using non-superarmor skills right after.

If you would depend on this as a warrior, it means you are already doing something wrong and you will end up with a worse result compared to just using the better alternative ways. 

Chunchun, I think he meant that this might be slightly blown up based on a youtube video from korea posted while our servers were down.

It seems like you and many other non-warriors are already shouting "bug" with caps lock, but it's often wise to test properly and see what the deal with all this is before blowing stuff up further and instantly making conclusions.

So Chunchun, I've tested it, calithrion tested it (in our guild), and me and cali both agreed that this is blown up and is not working like you and several others here state as facts. Take a jump over to the warrior section, and you will see several others like oneuproad saying the same.

The reality is that warriors who try to depend on this new find, which is random and rarely works with non-superarmor skills, will die faster than those who play like before and do not try to depend on a RNG factor like this (and it looks like intended, just poor translation if you read tooltip of the skill).

In terms of permanent superarmors, I'm able to keep up superarmors pretty much nonstop on my 56 wizard while doing more damage than my 60 warrior.

Please post a video of it not working! Also, make sure the warrior holds his guard up for 2 seconds before using any skill!

Notable counterexamples can be:

Guard - Chase Chase Chase inside wizard's water region (like the video on reddit, except using chase)

Guard - headchase - solar flare THROUGH wizard's water region (by your reasoning, the headchase part will be invincible while the solar flare part would not, so solar flare should be stopped midway)

Guard - Merciless while somebody is trying to cc you

Guard - Armor break while somebody is trying to cc you from the back.

I'd actually like to see some proof that it is NOT working as people say.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please post a video of it not working! Also, make sure the warrior holds his guard up for 2 seconds before using any skill!

Notable counterexamples can be:

Guard - Chase Chase Chase inside wizard's water region (like the video on reddit, except using chase)

Guard - headchase - solar flare THROUGH wizard's water region (by your reasoning, the headchase part will be invincible while the solar flare part would not, so solar flare should be stopped midway)

Guard - Merciless while somebody is trying to cc you

Guard - Armor break while somebody is trying to cc you from the back.

I'd actually like to see some proof that it is NOT working as people say.

They won't post proof because there is none.  They also probably think it would result in a nerf, but let's be real that's not gonna happen, this is PA we are talking about.

As you pointed out, its very easy to test.  Walking, using skills, didn't matter.  They get that 2-3 seconds regardless.  Then it will turn into a semantic argument about the tool tip wording, which has already kind of started.

Posted

What does my class has to do with what I stated? I ve seen people whine about how bad valk is since launch yet every single player I ve seen that put some effort in learning the class practised and geared properly was trashing people in 1vs1 pre awakening, some of these people still play and they perform the same after awakening as well....

I mean noone is forcing you to play a specific class if you dont like it, well noone apart from Kashkao with individual weight increases and inv slots....

With you sub-name called Troll Warlord it very well maters with the class you play, i've seen warriors crying since the beginning then boasting when they got their awakening some warriors even called it their right the be the first and only one with a awakening. I have seen people complaining about the warrior ever since the day bdo came to the west.  

" since launch yet every single player I ve seen that put some effort in learning the class practised and geared properly was trashing people in 1vs1 pre awakening," 

I agree there were some warriors out there but the majority was here on the forums crying a very long river for themselves because they could not grind as fast as other classes, this alone was never on the lvl of the valks, when valks asked for help or the defs to give them some love nobody cared some even laughed at them for playing that class. Yet those people could pull thru it and push beyond of mediocrity. They honed their skills to make something not that great into a power house. But warriors when something negative is going to happen to them every other class must be nerfed what kind of logic is then. It's like most of the warriors are the special snowflakes of bdo, it's not a direct attack on you it's just my observations of the warriors so far.

And i play kuno not even valk but i can say that valk players can put up with allot and still make it work, for that they have my respect.

Posted

from reddit:

I've found people on reddit are so lost....this is such old news....

Posted

Then it will turn into a semantic argument about the tool tip wording, which has already kind of started.

It is not semantics WHEN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE TOOLTIP SAYS. Why is everyone so damn stupid?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It is not semantics WHEN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE TOOLTIP SAYS. Why is everyone so damn stupid?

It is semantics. I'm Korean, and the direct translation states (not the shitty one that is in game):

If guard is maintained for a while, player gains all resistance except for grab.

Funny thing is, there is no mention of how long the resistance lasts. Common sense would indicate that it only lasts until the guard is released, but judging by the tooltip the increased resistance could last for 2 hours and the tooltip would still be correct. Hence the semantics. Another funny thing is that there is no indication of how long you have to press guard to get that all resistance buff.

Another noteworthy fact to mention is that scars of dusk has exactly the same tooltip (in Korean), but I've been having success cc-ing warriors from the back when they're in scars of dusk, although it's noticeably harder. Some berserker's skills also have exactly the same tooltip (in Korean), but I've also had success cc-ing those particular skills from the back. Weird huh?

Edited by Eternis
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

With you sub-name called Troll Warlord it very well maters with the class you play, i've seen warriors crying since the beginning then boasting when they got their awakening some warriors even called it their right the be the first and only one with a awakening. I have seen people complaining about the warrior ever since the day bdo came to the west.  

" since launch yet every single player I ve seen that put some effort in learning the class practised and geared properly was trashing people in 1vs1 pre awakening," 

I agree there were some warriors out there but the majority was here on the forums crying a very long river for themselves because they could not grind as fast as other classes, this alone was never on the lvl of the valks, when valks asked for help or the defs to give them some love nobody cared some even laughed at them for playing that class. Yet those people could pull thru it and push beyond of mediocrity. They honed their skills to make something not that great into a power house. But warriors when something negative is going to happen to them every other class must be nerfed what kind of logic is then. It's like most of the warriors are the special snowflakes of bdo, it's not a direct attack on you it's just my observations of the warriors so far.

And i play kuno not even valk but i can say that valk players can put up with allot and still make it work, for that they have my respect.

People playing warrior at launch had every right to complain. They had started playing a class that had post awakening nerfs on cc chains to balance an awakening that they didnt know when they were going to have...

Till they got their awakening they were the laughingstock of every other class...I mean in order to kill someone as a warrior pre awakening the other person had to make a  series of mistakes...Back in May there were literally two dozen people playing warrior in Jordine, that says a lot about the state of the class back then...

Most people you see complaining in warrior section are Fotm warriors rerolling from whatever class and hopefully those people are now playing Witch/Wiz and are struggling to find something to complain about so that they ll feel better about being crap at everything they ve rerolled to thus far....

Edited by Hayate
Typo
1 person likes this

Posted

People playing warrior at launch had every right to complain. They had started playing a class that had post awakening nerfs on cc chains to balance an awakening that they didnt know when they were going to have...

Till they got their awakening they were the laughingstock of every other class...I mean in order to kill someone as a warrior pre awakening the other person had to make a  series of mistakes...Back in May there were literally two dozen people playing warrior in Jordine, that says a lot about the state of the class back then...

Most people you see complaining in warrior section are Fotm warriors rerolling from whatever class and hopefully those people are now playing Witch/Wiz and are struggling to find something to complain about so that they ll feel better about being crap at everything they ve rerolled to thus far....

I never said they had no right to complain i just said that warriors are complaining all the time for what ever reason they can find.

How can you say that the only way warriors pre awakening could kill someone is if the enemy made mistakes, yet in your other post you said that people who put effort in their class could always dominate 1vs1 you even said you saw it with you own eyes. But expect warrior of course the only way they could win is if the enemy did make a mistake or as you said it a series of mistakes. What a patronising thing to say to the warriors who could put through with skill and win.

And no i have seen warriors crying throught this game since the beginning till now, are you saying those where all fotm players? Or was the beginning justified and now you are saying those who complain now are fotm players. Also i dont visit the warrior section since general section have enough warrior tear rivers in it as it is. 

So let me ask you 2 questions.

1. Do you think it was the warriors right to recieve awakening first?

2. And by your own word if a dozen players or 2 dozen players or lets say a small percentage of players play a class like kuno or ninja or valk or plum doenst that mean these classes should be buffed to warrior lvl or warrior nerfed to their lvl ?

Posted

To all thos who say warrior is too OP, make one, gear it, then go pvp and came back here and we will talk.

The warrior you see in rbf mean nothing (and other class too), only top gear player make good score in rbf, or lucky one that have last hit, and as we had merge, it's not so hard to last hit someone with 200 point and have a correct score