• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What does BDO do better than anyone else (In Your Opinion)?

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1. Character Creation (and Unique Looks) - Hands down probably the thing they do better than any other game, even single player games.  I have never seen a game that gives you the ability to look more unique.  Yes, all berserkers are big, but beyond that, its hard to tell someones class unless you have all costumes memorized, and of course when you look close, everyone is different (beyond copied template <grin>).
  2. Unique world area character - Every town has its own character and feel.  Some games have gotten close to this, but not with the level of "realistic" art that BDO uses.  This really reinforces the open world no instances aspect of the game, making exploring a dream.
  3. Family System - AA let one character do everything, but BDO surpasses it by its Family System, which allows alts to share so many things.  Even if you only use them as Energy pools, no game has made it so valuable to have as many alts as possible, nor as easy to utilize things cross characters in same family.
  4. Variety of things to do - I start everyday with a to-do list, just so I have something to throw away when the first cat needs to be rescued off a roof.
  5. Value for your purchase price - Yes, lots of items in the Pearl shop might be considered required by some, but even if you do not buy them there is so much content that you more than get back you $10 entry fee.
  6. Getting you to leave the game running 24/7 - Yeah, not sure this is a good thing, but everyone knows logging out is bad.
  7. Fastest porting from KR to English - Never seen a KR (or other game) continuously port its content so fast, amazing team.  In March we will be "caught up" with KR

Whats yours?

Edited by Archaegeo
3 people like this

Posted

Number 1: Exploration

Somewhat connected to your point 2, but you had it too limited. BDO's (quite big) world is rich of realistic details and scenarios. It makes it a pleasure to explore, whereas in most other games of this kind worlds feel fake, mostly empty and in general uninteresting.

For this reason I was really unimpressed and a bit let down by the Margoria expansion: the new areas are much lower quality, let's hope in Kamasilve.

But yeah number 3 is what keeps connected at all times possible and after almost one year.

2 people like this

Posted

1. The good communication between kakao and the player /s

2. That they fix issues with the game really fast /s

3. Classes are really balanced /s

4. Super precise patch notes including every change /s

5. The good performance optimisation /s

10 people like this

Posted

1. The good communication between kakao and the player /s

2. That they fix issues with the game really fast /s

3. Classes are really balanced /s

4. Super precise patch notes including every change /s

5. The good performance optimisation /s

Kakao:
Can't mess up a patch/deadline if you don't communicate

ROLLSAFE_TRENDINGALLDAY-728x470.png

12 people like this

Posted

Life skills + Family business management orientation. If you are smart enough and do different stuff on your characters you will save lots and lots of time. I have 30 days since ive started to play the game like a management sim game...and i love it. 

Posted

Life skills + Family business management orientation. If you are smart enough and do different stuff on your characters you will save lots and lots of time. I have 30 days since ive started to play the game like a management sim game...and i love it. 

Good point, need to add Family System to the list.

Posted

Communication with their playerbase 218.png_large

Posted

Combat is fun but for me the biggest keeper was

Most activities you can do are relevent in this game. So many pve wow clones and grindy KR mmos just don't give a second thought to life skills and professions. Those are just place holders. The real profit comes from combat Pve.

In bdo, a lifeskiller can do so much, it gives a real LIFE feeling, like you're actuary living in the world, doing mundane work along with allk the killing

1 person likes this

Posted

I would agree with life skilling IF they hadn't neutered the economy with ceiling/floor price limits and no player to player trading.

So often BDO feels like a chat service with great graphics, rather than a true multiplayer game.

Posted

Life skill is the nr 1 system that its in BDO. Grind 2nd. Pvp 3rd. :D

Posted

bdo simply does not destroy itself by limiting itself to instances.

1 person likes this

Posted

- The combat / combo system.

- Life skills / other non-combat activities.  Only UO comes close to this.

- Graphics.

Posted (edited)

tamer boobs...

I mean exploration and Fashion2Win

Waifu Simulator

best combat

ships

you can go whatever you want, except invisible barrier

rain

farm

Edited by Kotaro

Posted

Yeah, the weather system might be way up there on the list too.

Posted (edited)

Gearing.

Aside from the awakening weapons, most gear (weapons, offhands and armor), can be interchanged between characters on your account or sold if you no longer want it. Better than going to waste if you want to use an alt or liquidate gear.

Decide to switch character? No problem, change your armor crystals around, change your weapon up if need be and you're done, no total re-gear required.

Edited by Dreamar

Posted (edited)

1. Coherent Ui malware included with the game.

2. Game engine uses less than 40% of 8core cpu with 4ghz per core, less than 35% of GPU ram, less than 4gb of RAM, and result is less than 30 FPS in cities. But on other hand, at least Coherent UI malware is using over 40% of CPU for black spirit mini game and guild statistics. 

3. PVP = CC>oneshot. 

4. PVE = no real endgame.

5. One of the biggest B2P P2W models on the market right now. 

6. Not enough girl classes. 

7. One of the biggest single player multi player games on the market right now (95% of the time spent in the game, you are doing it alone). 

8. Excellent communication with community. They never make mistakes because they never communicate with us. 

9. Every patch brings new bugs, while old ones rarely get fix. 

10. And one more thing that they are doing better than others is that I never thought that I could feel such huge disappointment toward one game, but they managed to do that. 

Edited by SalWe
2 people like this

Posted

2. Game engine uses less than 40% of 8core cpu with 4ghz per core, less than 35% of GPU ram, less than 4gb of RAM, and result is less than 30 FPS in cities. But on other hand, at least Coherent UI malware is using over 40% of CPU for black spirit mini game and guild statistics. 

3. PVP = CC>oneshot. 

7. One of the biggest single player multi player games on the market right now (95% of the time spent in the game, you are doing it alone). 

8. Excellent communication with community. They never make mistakes because they never communicate with us. 

10. And one more thing that they are doing better than others is that I never thought that I could feel such huge disappointment toward one game, but they managed to do that. 

If you think this game disappoints you, you should try Archeage. RIP Trion.

Posted

Enhance system is better than A LOT of other games.. which usually destroy your gear or make your pay to win for. 

Exploration / Knowledge system (having someone actually enjoy all this is a little uncommon but it's done decently in a view of keeping a player to have a long goal) 

Character Customization, if you're good at it and take your time you can make just about anyones face you want to look like. 

Updates from KR to NA are faster than most games (compared to Vindictus 6-7months...)

Fight mechanics are above 98% of MMO's --- basically any game that's point and click and mash 213134231231 are boring now ever since this kind of mechanic game to games. Vindictus pulled it off better than Tera, but it all reminds me of Monster Hunter's fighting so it's just the best all around. 

Balancing.. could be better. being CC'd once to just get a stick shoved up where you don't want a stick and insta die is a bit meh, buuut whatever I guess. 

Weather day/night cycles are cool, rains too often imo just about as much as it snowed. 

UI is pretty good- when you turn off all the notification vomit. 

Graphics A+++

Lifeskills have never interested me but people are able to life skill without doing any PvE leveling since the start of the game and love the game, so something is right there.

Housing system is cool, but it's a little annoying that you have to turn off the UI to take away the screen vomit of "press R to use this furniture" thing everywhere. 

The game isn't pay to win - 1m per $1 is cheap as heck(silver wise) literally $1 is about 20mins of work. and costumes are about 3hrs of grinding. 
Unlike other games where you can buy endgame in a night.. this game limits what you can sell on the market with 5? costumes a week.
Value packs- hard to snipe - cheap in the shop, not required to do good in the game, just a quality of life buff. 

Basically better than Archeage ever was(I played to endgame when the library came out, I regret ever downloading that game lol) 
burnt out from Vindictus but wanted similar combat --which this game brings
Tera was choppy and boring.

Though a lot of people have many complaints about the game, which community doesn't whine 24/7 and give the devs crap about things. 
In the end, this is one of the best games out there with A LOT to do. 

My only regrets? thinking the $100 founder pack was really beneficial -- T5 founder horse was good at the start of the game but its like trash tier now/ and the costume is outshined by many others.

Posted

3. PVP = CC>oneshot. 

Leave my mind, nao!

I would add one: 11. Masters of selling smoke, the hype machine.

Posted

Also required to show the cash shop promotion top banner and page. Noticed that after killing off that process and wondering why something's missing... :D

(probably needed for the login notice/bulletin too)

Posted

I like 1,2,4,5 plus very interesting combat and leeeeeets talk about this art team! Can't say enough good about these people. Amazing innovative stuff for the areas they let them loose on. Some areas I would like more love though I have to assume it is a time/budget cant have it all other than their fault. Good stuff!  Kick it's butt art team! \o/

Posted

1. Coherent Ui malware included with the game. yep incoherent ui.

2. Game engine uses less than 40% of 8core cpu with 4ghz per core, less than 35% of GPU ram, less than 4gb of RAM, and result is less than 30 FPS in cities. But on other hand, at least Coherent UI malware is using over 40% of CPU for black spirit mini game and guild statistics.  turn on Google chrome, start a random vid on you tube and pause it. Now start the game. Tell me if you see any difference in the bad fps areas.yes it's retarded but trust me on this and try it. Yes it's also retarded that you have to duo this to make the game use more of you're hardware.

3. PVP = CC>overshot. true to an extent. I but not quite.

4. PVE = no real endgame.  to each their own.

5. One of the biggest B2P P2W models on the market right now. art mems are cancer.

6. Not enough girl classes.  give dark knight thigh jiggle!

8. Excellent communication with community. They never make mistakes because they never communicate with us.  nouver Sept 16

9. Every patch brings new bugs, while old ones rarely get fix.  FIX KUNO STEALTH AND LUNAR DASH

Posted

My only regrets? thinking the $100 founder pack was really beneficial -- T5 founder horse was good at the start of the game but its like trash tier now/ and the costume is outshined by many others.

But at least the Shudad armour is somewhat unique therefore, and doesn't look too bad on my sorc imo :)

Posted

And most people here, answer what they don't do best >.> lol.

Posted

1. Catering to the casual players, by rewards, buffs, catch up items.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0