• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Staff skills.

13 posts in this topic

Posted

So as i hit lvl 55.99% i went ahead and reset all my skill points, did my awakening quest and now as far as points goes all i put in staff skills was, Ulti blizzard, Max Meteor, and put a point on fireball so i can get the knock down Any other skills i need guys? thanks .

Posted (edited)

Important staff skills after awakening: both heals max, Blizzard max, Teleport max, Magic Shield max, hp passive max, Mana Absorb lv2 for pvp if you rly need it, Speed Spell max, Spellbound Heart if you have free sp, Mind Training if you have free sp, Protected Area if you have free sp and want to be more useful on node wars and group pvp (cancel animation after casting and you still have the buff + few ppl around you which makes you almost immortal for 8 seconds).

Rest is situational and awakening skills get priority, just make sure you have max heals/ teleport/ shield/ hp passive and all awakening skills maxed first (you can skip normal attack on awakening for a while if you are short on sp)

Edited by Azalel

Posted

sWEET  thanks for the info. ill do just that!

Posted

I'd honestly say max Spellbound Heart and Magic Lighthouse are necessary. With Spellbound and the regen on your various awakening skills you should never need your awakening auto-attack to regen MP so leave that at rank 1 even if you have tons of points; it's just not useful for anything other than pulling mobs, which it does just fine at any rank. And Magic Lighthouse is very useful to let you aggro double the mobs, like Toxic Flood/Lava Field.

I've also never once wanted to use Meteor or even Blizzard after awakening, so I'd dump those. I mean, to make Meteor or Blizzard effective you have to use Sage's Memory, when you could do just as much damage with any of your awakening skills that you'll be using anyway, without switching to Staff and buffing up; it's a huge investment of points (like ~130) that really doesn't pay off.

Posted

We don't receive a reset skill item for free in the end of the quest? We really need to reset them at 55,99%? How can we kill some mobs in the awakening quest?

Posted

You'll get a reset item after completing awakening questline and you'll have 24h to use it or it will expire.

Posted (edited)

I'm probably the weird one or odd one out, but I actually do put points into and use my auto attack often in awakened. I can't think of any other damaging abilities that can be used while running, and if you strafe left/right while shooting it's a freaking machine gun and a lot of DPS while your stam lasts. I use it to quickly finish off 1-2 ranged mobs that still have <50% health left but are separated and missed out on my AOE while I run to the next group. If they have more life than that it's more time efficient to actually stop and cast a water sphere. 

That said, I'm not hurting for skill points b/c I don't have any serious PVP focus until I hit 60. At that point I may not have points to spare for the auto attack. Until then I find adding a little extra damage to it is more useful than, for example, maxing out residual lightning or something like which I'd only use in PVP. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

We don't receive a reset skill item for free in the end of the quest? We really need to reset them at 55,99%? How can we kill some mobs in the awakening quest?

well if u get help on the awakening quest then youre good to go.  

You'll get a reset item after completing awakening questline and you'll have 24h to use it or it will expire.

and yeah u get another skill reset through the black spirit . i was talking about before lvl 56 u can reset ur skills at anytime .  as soon as u hit 56 u cant unless u use the quest.

Posted (edited)

I'm probably the weird one or odd one out, but I actually do put points into and use my auto attack often in awakened. I can't think of any other damaging abilities that can be used while running, and if you strafe left/right while shooting it's a freaking machine gun and a lot of DPS while your stam lasts. I use it to quickly finish off 1-2 ranged mobs that still have <50% health left but are separated and missed out on my AOE while I run to the next group. If they have more life than that it's more time efficient to actually stop and cast a water sphere. 

That said, I'm not hurting for skill points b/c I don't have any serious PVP focus until I hit 60. At that point I may not have points to spare for the auto attack. Until then I find adding a little extra damage to it is more useful than, for example, maxing out residual lightning or something like which I'd only use in PVP. 

I really tried to like it, because I loved machine-gunning Magic Arrows at things pre-awakening, but even doing that it does way too little damage to make it worth using for me, plus it drains my stamina to empty in like 1.5 seconds. Water Sphere has a 5-second CD and it takes like 0.3 seconds to cast, so even when I had my auto maxed I ended up never using it.

Edited by Zephan

Posted

How come no one is talking about Protected Area!  It's literally our BEST skill.

Think about the best skill you can think of and lets make that a 10/10.. protected area would be a 40/10...

8s INVULNERABILITY pretty much guarantee's a PvP victory, even against 3+ people.. 

Use it and win..

Posted (edited)

I really tried to like it, because I loved machine-gunning Magic Arrows at things pre-awakening, but even doing that it does way too little damage to make it worth using for me, plus it drains my stamina to empty in like 1.5 seconds. Water Sphere has a 5-second CD and it takes like 0.3 seconds to cast, so even when I had my auto maxed I ended up never using it.

I'd have to test, but I have a feeling machine gunning your auto attack would do more DPS than spamming on-cooldown water sphere. Either way I guess it really depends on what you're farming - at the camp I'm farming for XP my auto attacks each do ~20% of a normal archer/caster mob's health. It's often just faster for me to fire off a couple of shots than stop moving to water sphere. Just saying it's not useless and people should consider trying it out to see if they find use in it. 

How come no one is talking about Protected Area!  It's literally our BEST skill.

Think about the best skill you can think of and lets make that a 10/10.. protected area would be a 40/10...

8s INVULNERABILITY pretty much guarantee's a PvP victory, even against 3+ people.. 

Use it and win..

It's a great pvp skill. I think most people were making PVE suggestions because OP is a fresh level 56, probably vastly undergeared for PVP and more than likely tight on skill points. Although I do like using protected area before ultimate blizzard, especially on world bosses. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

It's a great pvp skill. I think most people were making PVE suggestions because OP is a fresh level 56, probably vastly undergeared for PVP and more than likely tight on skill points. Although I do like using protected area before ultimate blizzard, especially on world bosses. 

ahhh right right... i got carried away by my excitement there..

speaking of combos and PvP.. my favorite.

sage's memory --> meteor --> Protected area   --> back to face rolling my keyboard.

Posted (edited)

Use it and win..

Second post in this topic. :v

"Protected Area if you have free sp and want to be more useful on node wars and group pvp (cancel animation after casting and you still have the buff + few ppl around you which makes you almost immortal for 8 seconds)."

Edited by Azalel

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0