• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Tons of freezing (Not Responding) to full crash, all while using ridiculous amounts of and memory and sometimes CPU

40 posts in this topic

Posted

This game seems to have massive issues that pop up every second patch or so.  I had a freezing that would turn into a crash for about 2 months.  I dealt with it as best as I could but it seems to have come back but it's slightly different.

Currently, it's freezing, again seemingly when the game isn't the focus window (I can't play a game and never use another program at the same time, it's ridiculous that this game seems to have fits of jealousy), but this time crashes out with a memory warning.

I don't have a pic of it using up 95% of the CPU but I did manage to snag a pic of it using stupid amounts of memory:

BDO_Memory_Leak.thumb.png.40b22c3e5b6df3

Computer stats:

• Win 10
  • 16 GB Ram
  • 2x GTX 760
  • i5-2500k
  • ASUS P8 Z68-V Pro/Gen3 Motherboard

@GM_Caramel @GM_Dew I know this may not be either of your department, are you guys able to direct the GM who does handle this section to look here?  This support thread is mostly bare and it's difficult to troubleshoot when each case is looked at individually I think.  I'm honestly thinking it's just a windows 10 thing and I may have to just format back to 7 ugh :(

Posted

Well I have been having issues getting in game all afternoon. I have noticed a similar problem with memory. Yesterday before the patch I was happily ship building, but today I guess my workers get a break. I am running on 8.1, never really had an issue except with long load times this past week. Once I get in game it's fine but today I'm being disconnected from the server right after my toon loads into the game.

Geez my beer is getting warm and my workers are gonna strike. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I just bought the game yesterday, played all day just fine. Today there's a patch, I download/install, now the game CTDs every 15mins.

1 person likes this

Posted

I saw some other scattered posts randomly but people seem to be posting them all over instead of in the support thread :(  Would help if they could get a better count of how many people have the issue and what their OS's are.  I was going to drop money on outfit + cats but thankfully the constant freezing prevented me....just can't see how I can/should dump money into a game that doesn't work for me half the time.

@Illbeyoujody What OS are you on?  I can't imagine dealing with this right away!  I at least had a few months when the game was new where it worked properly.

Posted (edited)

Kakao royally screwed something up with the last couple of patches...Before the patch(s) I didn't have the stuttering/fps issues that I do now. I'm considering returning to FF14 if things dont improve here. Basically, the optimization of BDO is just awful.

Edited by Megg
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm going to actually be formatting to windows 7 and see if that helps, however, BDO isn't the driving factor.  The way Microsoft Office products interact with 10 ends up with it only working for 5 mins before having to restart the programs -.-

I'll try to remember to make a post letting people know if going back to win 7 makes a difference in BDO crashes and freezing.  I doubt I will but I'll try!

Posted

I'm going to actually be formatting to windows 7 and see if that helps, however, BDO isn't the driving factor.  The way Microsoft Office products interact with 10 ends up with it only working for 5 mins before having to restart the programs -.-

I'll try to remember to make a post letting people know if going back to win 7 makes a difference in BDO crashes and freezing.  I doubt I will but I'll try!

Let me know what happens. :) 

Posted (edited)

Also having the same issues described by the OP.  

Prior to this latest patch (today's date Feb 10, 2017) the game ran just fine, no problems to speak of.  After the patch stuttering to frame drops which usually lead to the process just outright ending.  It's random as well, sometimes its 1min after starting up the game and sometimes hours.

The dev team should be considering rolling back this patch.  It's not just inconvenient for players it can also lead to unnecessary deaths which could result in very expensive gems being broken...

For troubleshooting, I have deleted the log file associated with the cheat prevention (google results showed this worked for some people in possibly related issue(s)), renamed the file that allows the game files to be checked on next launcher execution.  I'll post back at some point and report findings.

my pc:

win10 x64

16gb ram

Edited by Label07

Posted

Let me know what happens. :) 

@GM_Caramel

It may be a little premature, but I've been on 7 for a few hours with plenty of clicking on other programs, and the freezing and crashing has stopped on Win 7.  So it does, for the moment, appear to be a Windows 10 related issue.

I will update again should it come back, but with the amount of clicking on other programs that I've done, and considering 1-2 clicks previously would freeze it, I'd say this fixed it.

Posted

@GM_Caramel

It may be a little premature, but I've been on 7 for a few hours with plenty of clicking on other programs, and the freezing and crashing has stopped on Win 7.  So it does, for the moment, appear to be a Windows 10 related issue.

I will update again should it come back, but with the amount of clicking on other programs that I've done, and considering 1-2 clicks previously would freeze it, I'd say this fixed it.

Awesome! I will mention it to my team to keep in mind while investigating similar problems. ^_^ 

1 person likes this

Posted

It gets worse with every patch dating back to the merger. 

I wish I could blame Edan.

Posted

I was having a similar issue, on win10 while playing bdo my disk usage would top 100% making my game freeze(not stutter) like crazy, later I found out that Microsoft release some shitty updates that would mess my hard drive up.

The fix I found was to disable several win10 services like Superfetch and Windows search.

Its pretty easy to find on google just type "windows 10 100% disk usage"

Posted

It gets worse with every patch dating back to the merger. 

I wish I could blame Edan.

Do it anyways.  It's called being a scapegoat.  I have a guild member that I blame 95% of things on, despite he's almost never around for the thing I blame him for, and if he was, completely not involved.  I still blame him.

Thanks Edan!! *Shakes angry fist*

Posted

@GM_Caramel I've been struggling with this, too. Lots and lots of FPS issues despite using an R9290x and only lately. Come to find out the game was utilizing a giant portion of my memory like above. I'll try to grab pics next time but there seems to be some kind of leak or something.

I've also been finding like 5 CoherentUI processes in some cases, taking giant chunks of my CPU's power even though I'm not accessing Black SPirit Adventure or the marketplace, etc. Closing them GREATLY benefits how smooth the game runs. Not sure if related.

My graphics have also corrupted like 5x in the last week...leading me to have to reinstall the game. Gets better then corrupts again. Not sure if related.

Posted

@GM_Caramel I've been struggling with this, too. Lots and lots of FPS issues despite using an R9290x and only lately. Come to find out the game was utilizing a giant portion of my memory like above. I'll try to grab pics next time but there seems to be some kind of leak or something.

I've also been finding like 5 CoherentUI processes in some cases, taking giant chunks of my CPU's power even though I'm not accessing Black SPirit Adventure or the marketplace, etc. Closing them GREATLY benefits how smooth the game runs. Not sure if related.

My graphics have also corrupted like 5x in the last week...leading me to have to reinstall the game. Gets better then corrupts again. Not sure if related.

Hello Aphrael! Thank you for your share, I'll collect this information and share it with our tech team.

Posted (edited)

Hello Aphrael! Thank you for your share, I'll collect this information and share it with our tech team.

The 50 lines of node war crap when you cross into a "place where a tower can be placed" probably doesn't help server performance either. Just sayin. One message will work.

To see what I mean make yourself an officer in a guild and run around the map on a horse. Glish area and around Delphe Knights Castle are two examples. Now multiply that by thousands of players. The volume of outbound data can't be good for the server. One of many contributors, I'm sure.

Edited by Stabby

Posted

I wanted to wait a day or so before reporting back to ensure the attempts I made worked or not.

I have not had an issue (win10 x64) after I had deleted the log file for the anti-cheat program and running the repair on game files.

Posted

Dear @GM_Caramel ,

System Specs:

Intel Core i5-6400 2.70 ghz.

8 GB DDR4 Ram.

MSI GTX 970 4GB GAMING.

(This is a new build from a week ago). 

Im running every single game on 60 fps max settings -> and on average i am able to run bdo on 60 fps most of the time between 58 - 60. but when i visit capital city or heidel it drops to 20 - 30 wish is fine by me its a mid rate processor.. BUT!!!! -> sins a few patches i even recognised this with my old rig (FX-8350 <- bad for mmo) iknow.. anyway. Somethimes i need to restart BlackDesert for it to run propperly (withoud stutters). its really weird like most of the time the first time i start up bdo it kinda stutters a little. but as soon as i restart the whole game its fine for a few hours. (i had similar problems with my old rig).. 

And i really think this has something to do with game optimization.

p.s (Almost everythime i open the game i am unable to zoom in-out into my character withoud using the ctrl key). idk what coases this. but after a while it will suddenly let me zoom in-out withoud using the ctrl key. (so then its fine). but i remember when i first started to play bdo. i diddent have this issue. but now a days, everyday i login like the first 10-20 mins im not able to zoom in-out withoud using ctrl..

well anyways. hope u guys can help. sorry for my bad english im dutch still working on it..

Kind regards,

AliceCreed / Killahkeezy.

Posted

Also regularly crashing. Had the issue a for a few weeks, did a reinstall and it seemed fixed. Now my lowbie sorc is stuck at Heidel Quarry (same place as before) and every time I try to log into her it freezes before I can even click the welcome window away. Not sure if it's a specific bug to this area (the side where the wheelbarrow quest is) but damn it's annoying. My armor is on her as I was levelling, so now I can't play my main or other higher level characters unless I buy another set of at least +15 of MP.  Also have been getting intermittent freezes all day today. Starting to think I should just quit *sigh*

Windows 10

i5 4690k 3.4ghz

gtx970 sc

16gb ddr3

Posted

Interesting, another windows 10 user.  I always believed it was Win 10 related, just feels more sure to me now.  I would consider asking a gm to move your char and not go to that area again if you can help it.  I'm lucky that I owned Win 7 already, so I can swap OS's at will, but not everyone else is as lucky.  

It's absolutely frustrating that win 10 seems to be having issues every few patches, so if you do put in a ticket, be sure you put in your PC specs like you did here.  I'm hoping they'll compile a list of all the win 10 users having issues.

I'd like if they put out a poll imo xD

Posted

Reading your initial post it sounds just like the issue I've been having, often while out of focus game just crash. Happens very rarley in comparison while playing and having the game in focus.

Been running Windows 10 and started having lots of issues after I swapped from my i5 4670k to a new motherboard with a i7 6700k and some new ram (ofc a fresh windows 10 install after swapping)

Current setup is a i7 6700k at 4,5 GHz
GTX 1070 latest driver on both win 7 and 10
2x8 GB DDR4 at 3000 MHz
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Just now installed Windows 7 which in itself turned out to be a major undertaking, but I got it running.

Will install Windows 10 fresh again in a week after I've been trying out this for a while once I get a new SSD I'm planning to install it on.

So during that time I will try out with Windows 7 and see if I get any crashes, and then test again on Windows 10 to see if I still get them after.

Will get back once my tests are done as well, but so far atleast over 2 hours no crashes.

Posted

Reading your initial post it sounds just like the issue I've been having, often while out of focus game just crash. Happens very rarley in comparison while playing and having the game in focus.

Been running Windows 10 and started having lots of issues after I swapped from my i5 4670k to a new motherboard with a i7 6700k and some new ram (ofc a fresh windows 10 install after swapping)

Current setup is a i7 6700k at 4,5 GHz
GTX 1070 latest driver on both win 7 and 10
2x8 GB DDR4 at 3000 MHz
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Just now installed Windows 7 which in itself turned out to be a major undertaking, but I got it running.

Will install Windows 10 fresh again in a week after I've been trying out this for a while once I get a new SSD I'm planning to install it on.

So during that time I will try out with Windows 7 and see if I get any crashes, and then test again on Windows 10 to see if I still get them after.

Will get back once my tests are done as well, but so far atleast over 2 hours no crashes.

Thanks for this, appreciate the help testing!  I think if we can start seeing a pattern, it should help them a lot and eventually lead to some possible fixes for everyone with our issue.  Much appreciated <3

Posted

Going to re-post this in the thread a GM responded to.

So I'm quite used to playing at ~30 FPS since I had my old card for so long so I can tell the issue isn't the FPS - it's the stuttering. I recently bought a new card and have it OC'd enough to see a 30 FPS increase from what it was before the OC. So my FPS have gone up dramatically; yet the stuttering remains. I have tried every tweak I could find, from reg edits to timers in CMD and it's no good. BDO's optimization wasn't good to begin with - but these last couple of patches have just made things progressively worse. I'm almost ready to get into the boat with the people leaving for other games at this point. >.

Posted

Going to bump this thread because i'm having the same issues many others mentioned here. While I haven't been crashing I've been experiencing high cpu usage and less responsive gameplay at times. Never had this issue before. I've tried every fix including reinstallation, file checking, deleting xcorona (32 bit) for xigncode3 and nothing has worked.

high usage.png

Posted

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/129608-glitchy-mess-after-the-new-update-on-01022017-please-help/