• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

can someone link a good guide with the pvp rules

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1st off i'm not anti pvp and this isn't a whine about stopping etc  this is for help in working out bdo's idea of what pvp is , 

my old wow / swtor and a few other games were all pvp servers and can bring fun to the game but can also put you off a game ,

yet this games idea of pvp doesn't seem to make sense as such , so could someone please link a good guide or site to check up on whats , what as they say , as in last 24 hr's i've been killed 10 times plus and my guilds not at war etc , i'm not flagged for it just grinding in the world 

and its screwed up my lvling to hit 56 before the event end today, as it seemed i had mob's as well as pk's hitting me  so i lost xp or if i used a pot i was just killed again before i could do anything 

Thanks 

Edited by pizz001

Posted (edited)

You can attack anyone as long as :

1 - They are level 50+

2 - You are both out of a safe zone

3 - You activated pvp mode (alt+c, you get the burning swords icon on your UI - It's a toggle to keep killing anybody that makes the mistake to step into one of your aoe). It's not required for the other player to have pvp activated too.

Outside of that, you lose 3K Karma when you attack a player and 60K IIRC when you kill another player. Karma range from +300K all the way down to -1000K. You start to get penalties as soon as you go negative, you can see them there.

Edited by WeaselPaw
1 person likes this

Posted

Basicly its everything WoW and Swtor wasnt. "PvP" servers in wow and swtor is basicly just a few extra pvp areas. Black desert is 100% complete open world pvp.

2 people like this

Posted

Basically people will attack you if you in any way impede or are perceived to intend to impede their progression.

This could be basically killing the mobs they were planning to kill or are killing, or being in the area when people on pk hair triggers fuelled by paranoia decide you MUST only be there because you're an asshole who's trying to steal their mobs and not just running through or checking to see if someone's there already, it's the ONLY explanation right?

But generally people won't mind duoing if they are there for money, especially for sausans. Any more is usually a no go as the money starts thinning when split.

If they are there for exp... and they have gear they will generally decline. As most of the time exp is just better solo - when you get decent enough ap.

1 person likes this

Posted

Basicly its everything WoW and Swtor wasnt. "PvP" servers in wow and swtor is basicly just a few extra pvp areas. Black desert is 100% complete open world pvp.

WoW is WAY MORE PvP oriented than this game. It's just that it is faction vs faction, not every player against each other. There's a lot more PvP content in WoW, both open world or BGs/Arenas etc

1 person likes this

Posted

WoW is WAY MORE PvP oriented than this game. It's just that it is faction vs faction, not every player against each other. There's a lot more PvP content in WoW, both open world or BGs/Arenas etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

1 person likes this

Posted

Solid argument, bro.

It was the only arguement your post deserved.

2 people like this

Posted

You do realize that the percentage on population involved in PvP is way higher in WoW than in BDO, right? Stop being a dumba**  fanboy and look at things in a objective manner.

2 people like this

Posted

It was the only arguement your post deserved.

except that everything in his post is correct and maybe you should look at that vid yourself.

1 person likes this

Posted

I refer to my earlier post.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

open world pvp in vanilla wow on pvp servers was extremely common and fun with no penalties for killing or dying (other than respawn timers). You would get into pvp fights everywhere you go if you wanted. im talking about the time before queues from town, portals everywhere, flying mounts and so on, when people were out there in the world instead of sitting in town waiting for queues. pvp became more competitive since then but open world pvp died (at least compared to the old days) and the world became much less immersive and lively. thats why i dont want all those convenience things in BDO.

Edited by Alexiel
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the players that haven't gone in to frame mode and give me useful info.

so thanks once again as i now have a better understanding of the way the pvp is in this game ..

as i said to start with this wasn't a whine about the pvp'ing it was just total different from what i've been used to and no it isn't going to stop me from playing 

but at least i now know of the changes etc ..

so thanks for the useful comments and help :) ( and for the non huge flame war in here, thats why i've +rep'd you all but hit my max 10 reps for the day)

Edited by pizz001
bad spelling as on a load of med's so abit wasted