• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can't stick to one class

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So i've been struggling to stick with one class (playing since November 2016). i leveled up the following classes to 56 or 57:

• Ninja
  • Kunoichi
  • Tamer
  • Valkyrie
  • Ranger
  • Witch

The classes are always fun in the beginning and especially the awakening. Some classes i find more effective than others in terms of grinding/pvp. But i feel like there is always something missing and i don't know what. Currently my most played class is the witch. And she also has the best gear out of them all (she's at 186/173/225 right now). I find her very convenient to grind, very simple minded. I really like pvp in all kinds of games and BDO is no exception.

Now i don't want to go into all the details in this first post cause otherwise this would be a wall of text. but i just can't stick to one class, i don't what it is. 

I'd honestly stick to witch but my problem with her is that (in my opinion) her outplay potential isn't as high as other classes. Her mobility is pretty much garbo, making her survivalability pityful unless you CC early or get a good frontal guard off (from what i've experienced in small scale pvp). I love her clear speed in PVE though (jesus, i'm having the most kreygasm grind sessions as witch)

To clarify why i dropped some of the classes i'll list tl;dr versions below:

• Ranger: Awful resource management, durability issues (weapons break insanely fast)
  • Valkyrie: Way too slow for me. I feel like a sitting duck
  • Ninja: Really loved ninja pvp, but my gear was lacking. PVE clear speed was kinda meh but ok, i love the moblity and to have a block
  • Kunoichi: Nice sustain and moblity, alot of aggressive-defensive moves which i liked(alot of frontal guard+fast block), actually no complains, i just got somehow bored all of a sudden
  • Tamer: Didn't really like the awakening, i liked her mobility and the ability to pull more mobs though

Maybe i'm just looking for the perfect class, i don't even know. But i just find it hard to stick to one character. But idealy i want good mobility, damage and outplay potential (would be great if the PVE clear speed wouldn't be a pain in the bun) 

Sorry for the wall of text, maybe there are people who have similiar experiences or the same problem.

Edited by Shioro

Posted

I have the same issue since beta. Even now I'm constantly rerolling. Recently rerolled Musa and I absolutely fell in love with him. Sorc is just too fun though and lately been sticking to her. A week! A week I didn't play! Cause.. 5 days.   Of 12h.. Shifts... Lemme go complain cash shop items are too expensive so I can quit my job. Brb

Posted

Yea, i'm rerolling alot aswell. I am honestly thinking to reroll yet again to Kunoichi. But i'm being so ineffective it pains me :$

Posted

Hey boys.

I honnestly dont see your problem.

Just take your time.. Enjoy the game and figure out whatever u like. You can even trade armor and accessoires. So u actually just need different kinds of weapons. :)

There is no point of tryharding to 'main' one class if u actually enjoy all of them.

U should remember tha in bdo u actually play 'a family' and not a single character.

I stick with my warrior since head start now. and i love it :D But honnestly, i like the idea of working on all characters more then just focus at one.

My personal problem is just that i dont like the other classes..

Posted

i've had the same issue.

Valk > Ranger > Valk > Zerk > Ranger > Valk > Warrior > Witch (all 57-59

But i also have a 56: Sorc, Tamer, Maewha, Kuno

I dont like any of the classes in this game truth be told.

Posted

Same issue for me. Gone through Maehwa, Sorc, Witch, Wizard, Ninja, Kuno, and Musa, all of them either 56 or 57. some of them I even dropped money on. One I thought for sure would be the one I dropped 100 on to buy stuff like a ghillie, all the weight increases, some inventory expansion and other stuff, now it's just a retired lifeskiller/afk fisher. Not a one of them is the "perfect" class for me, as in none of them are ones I don't have things I don't like about them, be it aesthetic, playstyle, or skills. I don't think any will be, especially with what's left to go through.

Going to try to stick to Ninja though, as out of all of the above, it was the most fun to play, and that's what matters really.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0