• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Was getting 25-30 FPS in BDO.

8 posts in this topic

Posted

So, 2 days ago, I was getting, as stated in the title, 25-30 inside Heidel on High texture settings and Slightly High graphical settings. That and many other things made me feel like reinstalling my OS, so I did.

gzlpeIK.jpg

That is now my framerate with small 2-3 deviations.

Note that I reinstalled from a USB flash drive, and not from the same drive, so I formatted my drive to get the absolute best results.

Posted (edited)

formatting via windows is literally just "hiding" all the data on your hard drive. It's all still there unless you overwrite all bits with 0s (aka "hard drive nuke"). With the last patch i've noticed that the game runs slightly better and that it gets back to normal performance a bit quicker after stuttering. 

I analyzed the performance of the game last week. To keep it short: The game/engine fails to give your GPU work, thus resulting in bad utilization. I'd love to post everything I know in a seperate thread, but i have to do more research in order to get everything right.

Edited by PsiGhost

Posted

formatting via windows is literally just "hiding" all the data on your hard drive. It's all still there unless you overwrite all bits with 0s (aka "hard drive nuke"). With the last patch i've noticed that the game runs slightly better and that it gets back to normal performance a bit quicker after stuttering. 

I analyzed the performance of the game last week. To keep it short: The game/engine fails to give your GPU work, thus resulting in bad utilization. I'd love to post everything I know in a seperate thread, but i have to do more research in order to get everything right.

At the risk of thread necroing, once you do more research, please do post it, I'd be very interested in reading.

Posted

LOLOLOL WERENT YOU JUST SAYING 

"game is perfectly optimized" then you posted you AMAZING framerates hahahahaha

what happened forget about your photoshop frame rate a few days ago hahahaha 

Posted

LOLOLOL WERENT YOU JUST SAYING 

"game is perfectly optimized" then you posted you AMAZING framerates hahahahaha

what happened forget about your photoshop frame rate a few days ago hahahaha 

I don't know how to use Photoshop, the most I can do with paint as well is create an outline around what I'm referring to.

I also just looked through all of my posts, no where did I ever say that the game is perfectly optimized, the majority of the topics where I even mentioned "optimization" is that the game is no where as bad as what people are saying.

It also seems like you didn't read the original post whatsoever as well, I was experiencing low frame rates on BDO, I also should have mentioned that I was experiencing low frame rates on all the games I play, so I used a USB flash drive to reinstall Windows after I formatted my SSD. After that, instead of manually installing all the drivers for my system, I let Windows do it for me, then I downloaded BDO and my frame rate went from 25 to 30 BEFORE the reinstall and format to 44-47 AFTER the reinstall and format.

Posted

ye my fps has been nuked recently. I have no idea how or why but it's definitely not using my gpu to the maximum potential considering how i barely even hear a hum from my pc as apposed to before where it sounded like a jet engine.

Posted

Nice bait.

I won't reinstall windows just for BDO. Other games run just fine with high FPS, and the only problem is BDO. So I will let developers to fix that for me.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

well... While messing around with AMD driver setting and checking temps and core clocks using GPU-Z, the framerate seems to drop only and when GPU automatically adjusts core clocks.

GPU load varies and drops down to 0% from time to time and causes stuttering.(no load, gpu downclocks)

To avoid this weird behavior, oddly I could solve the problem easy by opening Google Chrome and Youtube on second monitor to keep Core clock maxed at all times.

stuttering happens now only when game is providing lot new content and cpu/hdd isnt fast enough to process it.

also framerates seem to take most hits when UI is enabled, disabling player names shows significant increase in framerates. Im guessing this is the coherent ui that sucks so bad

Edited by AngryBvr

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0