• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Many top guilds prefer not to recruit shortsword classes

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just checked some guild descriptions  and almost any guild in the top 20-30 don't prefer shortsword classes (or won't even recruit them)

Can someone explain why? Are they this bad in sieges?

Edited by Shioro

Posted

Or maybe they have enough shortsword classes in their guilds so they want other classes. I would ask them first to know why exactly they don't recruit those classes.

(Yes, I know shortsword classes are in a disadvantaje in sieges but they are not useless...)

Posted

Short sword classes generally tend to lack in the DPS department and don't offer as much power as say a Sorc or Zerk at the same level. 

This is coming from a tamer main. I can't speak on behalf of kuno players, but I think tamers can be helpful when built right. Shame there's discrimination though.

Posted

because they require skill to play and arent as overpowered and braindead as other classes are 

21 people like this

Posted

because they require skill to play and arent as overpowered and braindead as other classes are 

nailed it 

1 person likes this

Posted

nailed it 

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKEEKEKKEKEE

Posted

because they arent as overpowered 

FTFY. >BDO >SKILL 

lul

Posted

Or maybe they have enough shortsword classes in their guilds so they want other classes. I would ask them first to know why exactly they don't recruit those classes.

(Yes, I know shortsword classes are in a disadvantaje in sieges but they are not useless...)

I wouldn't ask if it wouldn't be like every second guild i see in the rankings. I don't think the shortsword classes are that overplayed (looking at the shortsword market and by the population i see)

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't ask if it wouldn't be like every second guild i see in the rankings. I don't think the shortsword classes are that overplayed (looking at the shortsword market and by the population i see)

Classes have different strength in normal, daily play and in sieges/nodes. When you fight in 60,80,100 man battles you get lag + server lag which makes precise gameplay very hard. Shortsword classes are designed to be squishy and damagy. Damage depends on the combo you manage to pull off. Doing cc combos is long, usually unprotected and is heavily impacted by lags/desync. Also doesn't help that u get 1 shotted by wizards/witches despite your dp.

Edited by Faoiltiarna
1 person likes this

Posted

damagy. Damage depends on the combo you manage to pull off. 

doesnt matter what combo you manage to pull off, it still wont do the same damage as a ranged class thats 3 times tankier and can support allies and is 5 times more protected on its main attacks 

so basically,

wizard does the most damage

wizard has the best range

wizard has the longest cc in the game (you can freeze people on the ground infinitely long which extends the cc, making it so that you can do 3 freezes and a grab on someone thats already on the ground, while other classes can just do 1 grab at most, oh and wizard also has downsmash which most classes dont so he can also do that as well) 

wizard has team supportive skills 

wizard has protected area which is ridiculously op

wizard has the best hit boxes in the game 

wizard has the best burst of mobility in the game, its not consistent mobility but ultimate TP is insanely fast with relatively low CD and its often enough to get you back to your zerg blob 

wizard is the least affected by desync class in the game 

so... what the hell is the point of anyone else and why do we even exist? if compared to wizards? 

there's absolutely no benefit in having X or Y class over wizard, if we don't count for player skill, gear ,dedication and we just look at class tools and mechanics available to us and with our servers.

3 people like this

Posted

so... what the hell is the point of anyone else and why do we even exist? if compared to wizards?

To scout for enemies so wizards in our guild can kill stuff

Posted

One of those exagerrated posts. You are liar.

almost any guild in the top 20-30 don't prefer shortsword classes (or won't even recruit them)

Posted (edited)

One of those exagerrated posts. You are liar.

And you are in denial. Most likely a wizard reroll from sorc

Edited by Gwynbleys

Posted

And you are in denial. Most likely a wizard reroll from sorc

exactly

Posted

Well why would anyone recruit a Ninja/Kuno/Tamer?

One good argument why ... there is basically none.

Ninja is a roll playing class, to fullfill a dream of being a samurai with sexy moves but it ends there.

Kuno is just bad ... if you see a good one it means he is pulling a 130% out of a class and if same player would roll sorc he would be god mode.

Tamer is a good arena / dueling 1v1 class (if you watch Lemon PvPing you get a feeling its the most OP class out there, but in reality he is playing it on totally different skill level than anyone else and if he would roll another meta class would be a god mode).

Wizzard on the other hand has:

Insane dmg

Insane mobility (yes teleport + ultimate is like another health bar)

Insane accuracy (i barely miss with 2 RCE TRI with my lvl 56 wizz alt on 2/3 level higher opponets)

Insane healing, party healing, self and party buffs.

Hit box (basically anyway you turn your dmg will land)

Grab (lol)

CC on every skill + some nice CC extenders

List goes on and on but most importantly .... bad wizzard will still perform AWESOME in any grup PvP while player on tamer will have to put 10h+ per day in training and 8 fingers per hand to do half what wizzard can.

2 people like this

Posted

irrelevant wel said.

Posted

Good thing I have a really long lance-yeah, and I don't need guilds.

giphy.gif

2 people like this

Posted

Because this game balance is made by group of biggest retards in Korea. PA worked so hard to find and recruit them.

1 person likes this

Posted

2 of the 3 classes have bugged main skills for months, the third takes an additional 30 to 50 percent damage from 2 of the top 5 siege classes to begin with.

You can't really blame them at all. Being a top siege guild means you aim for people who who are skilled, Geared, AND not playing a disadvantaged class. Of course results also make the choice. I can name few exceptional short sword users. Saxa in barcode and one ninja in grind I think.but that is far from the norm.

Posted (edited)

Hello I am expert in this department :) I was kicked from top tier siege guild for being a tamer to be replaced with a random dude with greatsword okay moving on.... 

I hate to tell people this because I really like my class and stick with it despite the negatives that I've experienced. Specifically in top tier siege guilds either not recruiting because you are a shortsword class or purging because you are shortsword class. 

Shortsword classes don't fill any specific role in sieges unfortunately, mainly because of their kits. The kits for ninja, kuno, and tamer are usually made best for 1v1 or small scale PvP, not sieges. Any of the top siege guilds full on members typically stop recruiting shortsword classes and prefer the other classes because almost all other classes do more in terms of damage or utility for the guild during sieges. 

These classes were made to play an assassin role but because of the gear now and class awakenings in general hitting hard af, any class even the tanky ones can kill in a short combo with good gear (classes like warrior and wizard having aoe one shots with good gear). A tamer ninja or kuno can kill in short combo's with good gear but it doesn't change the fact that they are glass cannons and made for single target CC/damage. 

Most node and siege guilds will accept a shortsword class but if you want to be in the top couple of guilds unless you are god tier and geared af you probably won't be wanted unless they really need members. Even then you'll probably get a defensive role. 

Situation kinda sucks :(  the hardest classes in the game and ones that require gear to back it up are also some of the weakest for large scale PvP. 

Edited by Asami
1 person likes this

Posted

Most likely  they have too much of them show them u are exceptionally  good and they will take you in. It also could be a fault of the class difficulty as tamer/ninja/kuno  have high skill cap and it's not worth for them to recruit  shit player that can't master his class.  

Short sword classes generally tend to lack in the DPS department and don't offer as much power as say a Sorc or Zerk at the same level. 

This is coming from a tamer main. I can't speak on behalf of kuno players, but I think tamers can be helpful when built right. Shame there's discrimination though.

Just loled  too hard at this. Tamer  have  probably best burst DPS in the game. Would argue  that even better than rangers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Every class is as hard to play as balance allow to it. Every class in this game should have role. but all doing the same - dps. Because way how broken balance in thus game is (both AP/DP scale as class balance) all classes supposed to perform other role than raw dps are useless. What lead to basically 2 tiers of classes:

• Gods tier: wizzard, witch, ranger, giant, warrior, sorc
  • Shit tier (far below god tier): all rest of the classes (valkyrie, ninja, kuno, tamer, blader, plum)

The gap between 2 groups is too huge to make relevant any more tiers.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just loled  too hard at this. Tamer  have  probably best burst DPS in the game. Would argue  that even better than rangers.

It looks like i have missed a memo. :D

What makes you think Tamer is best burst? We don't have high % skills (rly! look at skill tree!). Maehwa and Ranger are King (Queens) of burst no question, Tamer isn't even close.

Edited by Keldorn

Posted (edited)

Most likely  they have too much of them show them u are exceptionally  good and they will take you in. It also could be a fault of the class difficulty as tamer/ninja/kuno  have high skill cap and it's not worth for them to recruit  shit player that can't master his class.  

How can you say tamer has the best burst DPS in the game when warriors and wizards literally use one ability and get multiple kills as a one shot. 

Also, our burst has to be backed by good gear (unlike wizards and rangers), usually level 60, and knowing how to play the class. It is also single target burst. Where as many other classes have large AOE burst. 

Edited by Asami

Posted

It looks like i have missed a memo. :D

What makes you think Tamer is best burst? We don't have high % skills (rly! look at skill tree!). Maehwa and Ranger are King (Queens) of burst no question, Tamer isn't even close.

How can you say tamer has the best burst DPS in the game when warriors and wizards literally use one ability and get multiple kills as a one shot. 

Also, our burst has to be backed by good gear, usually level 60, and knowing how to play the class. It is also single target burst. Where as many other classes have large AOE burst. 

2 magical  words. ..

GIT GUD