• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Many top guilds prefer not to recruit shortsword classes

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 magical  words. ..

GIT GUD 

I mean...... I can probably moonlight and spinner on you and you'd die. But that isn't a large AOE one shot like other classes have. 

Tamer can have good burst, it has good burst. Personally wouldn't say its the best and I don't think many tamer mains would agree with you. But this post is about sieges and in the case of sieges, it doesn't matter if i can moonlight and spinner and kill you with high AP and 60. At the end of the day I am not doing AOE damage, but other classes do that damage in an AOE. Making other classes better siege classes. 

I do very good in sieges as a tamer ;) so telling me to git gud has no effect. 

Edited by Asami

Posted

2 magical  words. ..GIT GUD 

Ok, I see, you have no idea what you're talking about. I took you seriously for a moment. This mistake will not happen again.

1 person likes this

Posted

I mean...... I can probably moonlight and spinner on you and you'd die. But that isn't a large AOE one shot like other classes have. 

Tamer can have good burst, it has good burst. Personally wouldn't say its the best and I don't think many tamer mains would agree with you. But this post is about sieges and in the case of sieges, it doesn't matter if i can moonlight and spinner and kill you with high AP and 60. At the end of the day I am not doing AOE damage, but other classes do that damage in an AOE. Making other classes better siege class

You eliminate  key targets  from enemy back line as one of the 'agile ' iframes. Totally  useless  in siege  right.  Maybe you are a warrior /wiz in heart  if you want aoe smash  stuff. Did you consider  re roll? It could make u more happy with your  class <3

Posted

You eliminate  key targets  from enemy back line as one of the 'agile ' iframes. Totally  useless  in siege  right.  Maybe you are a warrior /wiz in heart  if you want aoe smash  stuff. Did you consider  re roll? It could make u more happy with your  class <3

If you read my posts before responding to them you'll see that I enjoy my class and stick with it despite the negatives. I'm discussing its role in sieges though and nowhere did I say its completely useless. Simply that shortsword classes are not a priority for siege guilds and don't fill a specific role better then other classes. Other classes take out backline better then shortsword classes. 

Posted

Ok, I see, you have no idea what you're talking about. I took you seriously for a moment. This mistake will not happen again.

I can record  a video  of tamer  Killing  299dp  valk with tet muskans  and evasion gems in under 4 sec. But you will write me a formal  apology  ok?

Posted

I can record  a video  of tamer  Killing  299dp  valk with tet muskans  and evasion gems in under 4 sec. But you will write me a formal  apology  ok?

I do if he is faster then a Ranger or Maehwa with the same gear level.

Posted

And I can record a video of a wizard or warrior doing the same thing with one click and shittier gear than the tamer has.

Posted

I do if he is faster then a Ranger or Maehwa with the same gear level.

deal. 

Posted

I just checked some guild descriptions  and almost any guild in the top 20-30 don't prefer shortsword classes (or won't even recruit them)

Can someone explain why? Are they this bad in sieges?

Our impression is that shortsword wielders are generally more feminine which comes at a disadvantage in nodes/sieges where brute behavior with wit is often valued. Why wield a shortsword when you can be raw and wield a greatsword or axe, even staff is longer.

Posted

And I can record a video of a wizard or warrior doing the same thing with one click and shittier gear than the tamer has.

I don't think  wizard  can do it  without  ulti and warriors burst isn't that great.  I'm actually  gonna get all classes  just from curiosity.

Posted

1 : Play tamer and try to land the "best burst DPS in the game" in NW, you'll be very lucky ( or the enemy very stupid) if you survive more than 1 sec.

2 : OMG there is people who still think tamer has good i-frames LMFAO

1 person likes this

Posted

Good iframes?  No. Cc invulnerability  Yes.

Posted

Tamer has good burst damage lets not ignore that BUT we also heavily rely on good performance. One small fps drop while using Moonlight and we either dash too far away or stop too quick. Animation Cancels are a very important part of Tamer gameplay so you can think how fps drops or desync will affect us. In 1v1 its mostly fine and a good Tamer can outplay any other class but Nodewar? Try sniping those backlines at 20, 30 fps... I can see how other classes like Wizard who just cast their aoe in a general direction are not affected by that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks to show to everyone here that you have no clue about tamer's combo and SA.

The burst you re talking about is, i think, our "main" combo which is unreliable in term of SA in mass pvp, but yes, we can kill people without this combo but slower and less safer than others classes.

Btw being immune to CC do not allow you to survive to witch/wiz aoe.

And most important thing, you ll be CC/hit throught your SA/i-frame because of huge desyncs in NW/RBF/GvG

PS :i m not a whiner, i love my class and i ll never change

1 person likes this

Posted

Our impression is that shortsword wielders are generally more feminine which comes at a disadvantage in nodes/sieges where brute behavior with wit is often valued. Why wield a shortsword when you can be raw and wield a greatsword or axe, even staff is longer.

but but... we have a staff!

1 person likes this

Posted

Most likely  they have too much of them show them u are exceptionally  good and they will take you in. It also could be a fault of the class difficulty as tamer/ninja/kuno  have high skill cap and it's not worth for them to recruit  shit player that can't master his class.  

Just loled  too hard at this. Tamer  have  probably best burst DPS in the game. Would argue  that even better than rangers.

Yes, it's viable at the right level and skill build like I said in my post. Comparatively, though, it takes tamers longer for us to be on par with warriors/rangers/etc. Guilds that do pvp/seige would rather not wait for a tamer to flesh themselves out properly, imo. 

Posted

Because Woman want a "Long Sword" not a "Short One"

Posted (edited)

Hm. This is sad to read cause i'd want to get gear on my kuno cause i fell in love with that class. (i'm a witch main)

What i noticed is that kuno has a shitton of frontal guard (4 skills, which one of them you can chain on everything) and her F, jesus christ that damage and aoe. most of her skills are aoe's really, with good accuracy.

I honestly don't know why people give kuno so much shit :$

But then again, i never participated in sieges cause i'm guildless.

Edited by Shioro

Posted

Hm. This is sad to read cause i'd want to get gear on my kuno cause i fell in love with that class. (i'm a witch main)

What i noticed is that kuno has a shitton of frontal guard (4 skills, which one of them you can chain on everything) and her F, jesus christ that damage and aoe. most of her skills are aoe's really, with good accuracy.

I honestly don't know why people give kuno so much shit :$

But then again, i never participated in sieges cause i'm guildless.

because kuno key skills are currently bugged

Posted

because kuno key skills are currently bugged

Can you explain? Because i've seen you saying this in some threads without any details. Cause i didn't notice anything myself.

Posted

Can you explain? Because i've seen you saying this in some threads without any details. Cause i didn't notice anything myself.

stealth is bugged, pets/summons can see and CC is through stealth. Lower graphics modes esp optomistion mode often show or our stealth as a black shadow. Activating stealth nearest the slightest bump on the road Will reset it, and go's forbid you desunc web casting it because then skill go's on CD but doesn't work.

Our dedicated movement ability in awakening is bugged, says it provides us frontal block but doesn't.

Ghost greeting is not working as an iframe, even though it's supposed to be.

Ghost step is badly effected by server desync, one second CD turns out to be 2.5 to 3 secs even with 20 ping, you will notice often when you use ghost step, the CD resets once or twice.

Animation cancelled shadow stomp doesn't register the last two hits. Don't know whether this is a bug or an unwarranted nerf.

Posted (edited)

stealth is bugged, pets/summons can see and CC is through stealth. Lower graphics modes esp optomistion mode often show or our stealth as a black shadow. Activating stealth nearest the slightest bump on the road Will reset it, and go's forbid you desunc web casting it because then skill go's on CD but doesn't work.

Our dedicated movement ability in awakening is bugged, says it provides us frontal block but doesn't.

Ghost greeting is not working as an iframe, even though it's supposed to be.

Ghost step is badly effected by server desync, one second CD turns out to be 2.5 to 3 secs even with 20 ping, you will notice often when you use ghost step, the CD resets once or twice.

Animation cancelled shadow stomp doesn't register the last two hits. Don't know whether this is a bug or an unwarranted nerf.

Hmmm okay. Gonna be honest though who looks everywhere in the landscape for a little ground shadow during sieges , can't imagine someone paying attention to this when there's people everywhere. And the CD issue happens to every class, i've seen this on multiple classes (it's more annoying on classes who can't dash during cd though).

shadow stomp is meant for cc (fast knockdown) not damage, i am pretty sure.

the most annoying thing would be the stealth issue i think. Since stealth kinda acts like a forward tp i think it's mostly better for mobility purposes and if one is aware that there are pets you just gotta play fast or around it ofc it sucks but it's by no means something that would kill the class to me.

i've done alot of arena these days and the movement ability in awakening gave me frontal block.

gotta still test that ghost greeting. cause i've been using this to close gaps and i think i iframed some stuff.

I honestly expected some heavy bugs that destroy her lol.

Edited by Shioro

Posted

Hmmm okay. Gonna be honest though who looks everywhere in the landscape for a little ground shadow during sieges , can't imagine someone paying attention to this when there's people everywhere. And the CD issue happens to every class, i've seen this on multiple classes (it's more annoying on classes who can't dash during cd though).

shadow stomp is meant for cc (fast knockdown) not damage, i am pretty sure.

the most annoying thing would be the stealth issue i think. Since stealth kinda acts like a forward tp i think it's mostly better for mobility purposes and if one is aware that there are pets you just gotta play fast or around it ofc it sucks but it's by no means something that would kill the class to me.

i've done alot of arena these days and the movement ability in awakening gave me frontal block.

gotta still test that ghost greeting. cause i've been using this to close gaps and i think i iframed some stuff.

I honestly expected some heavy bugs that destroy her lol.

you don't appear as a ground shadow, your body looks like a shadow itself. A black figure moving slowly around, slowly walking to his doom. And yeah you just gotta play fast when the entire point of stealth is to slowly position yourself for an offense or retreat. No matter that in a siege multiple wiz/witch/tamer pets will see you, knock you out of stealth. Right, let's have a main mechanic and just use it as a forward tp

LOL shadow stomp was our BEST damaging ability pre awakening. Now is not, which is saying a lot because Kuno preawakening was never a hard hitter in the first place.

Nope lunar dash movement portion gives you nada, it only gives block web you hit something with it. Despite it showing the block halo from the beginning of the skill.

The point I'd not that breaks the class, the point isI that it puts the class at enough of a disadvantage that it isn't desirable in large scale guilds over, say sorc or musa, whose skill sets are also mechanically sound but their abilities work fine, so they are much more desirable.

1 person likes this

Posted

wizard has the longest cc in the game (you can freeze people on the ground infinitely long which extends the cc, making it so that you can do 3 freezes and a grab on someone thats already on the ground, while other classes can just do 1 grab at most, oh and wizard also has downsmash which most classes dont so he can also do that as well) 

The highlighted is incorrect. Wizards lacked down attack on all pre awakened skills in fact.

Everything else you said was basically correct though.

Posted (edited)

because they require skill to play and arent as overpowered and braindead as other classes are 

some seem to think ninja is a bit overpowered tho. others think they need nerfs

Edited by Tvvin