• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger class needs to be fixed ASAP!

55 posts in this topic

Posted

There's a lot of people asking for a lot of different things in the game, but I think there's one thing everybody can agree on, and that's the state of the Ranger class right now. In regards to PvP, the class practically doesn't exist. Match-up against any other class results in the other person just feeling sorry for you because of your class pick, and the only time you'll win in PvP is if the other person feels so sorry for you he decides to lose on purpose. Even in a Ranger vs Ranger match-up the Ranger is at a clear disadvantage. Your only small hope is against a Berserker as they have similar problems with their class. But they're able to express their feelings by hugging you. For 7 days straight.

And this doesn't extend to PvP either, Rangers also struggle a lot in PvE. Try to farm literally any enemy in the entire time, and I'll be impressed if you manage to kill more than 2 enemies per hour. I even saw a newbie Ranger give up trying to defeat a single weasel outside Velia. And don't get me started on trying to fight goats. That's an experience which will nearly make you quit and uninstall BDO for good.

The saddest thing of all is that the Ranger class was fixed almost exactly one year ago on KR server. For one year we've had to endure a broken class!

And before anyone goes "Lulz, it's your gear!" Then, well... that's kinda the point, isn't it? This is my gear right now:

2017-02-09_35084014.thumb.jpg.3cbb10a868

I'm not one to brag, but I think my gear's pretty darn good overall. I've tried really hard to compensate for the current weaknesses of the Ranger class, but there's no getting around it. We're lacking that one thing which will unlock the true potential of the Ranger class...

WE NEED GOTHA RENSA!

Vi4GBsM.thumb.png.e423afe788663654c7fc6d

This alone would move Ranger to the top tier class for literally every activity in the entire game! How could you even consider trying to horse race against someone who looks that fabulous? How could you even entertain the idea of conquering a region in the game knowing you're not as pretty as a Ranger in Gotha Rensa?

And I'm not alone in this crusade either. I checked youtube, and even one of the biggest MMO youtube personalities is very clear in their messaging about BDO and the current lack of Gotha Rensa:

LazyPeonsNewVideo720p.thumb.jpg.a9876679

And since we've had to wait so long for Gotha Rensa to be released, I think we're entitled for something extra. I demand the staff of Kakao cosplay in Gotha Rensa! If I don't see pictures of PM_Jouska dressing up in Gotha Rensa I shall throw pointy twigs in the general direction of Kakao offices!

Oh, and I guess that Berserker class should also get the Gotha Rensa costume or something, I dunno. To be honest, they should only get if they stop hugging people so much. Maybe give them a big body pillow so they can get it out of their system?

35 people like this

Posted

picard_clapping.gif

8 people like this

Posted

I agree with everything posted here!

Posted

at first i thought your account got hacked then i was like a ha ha ha

Posted

Good one xD

Posted

boycott ranger until it comes out

Posted

At first i thought it was a bait and then it was a bait :| kinda disappointed

Posted

There's a lot of people asking for a lot of different things in the game, but I think there's one thing everybody can agree on, and that's the state of the Ranger class right now. In regards to PvP, the class practically doesn't exist. Match-up against any other class results in the other person just feeling sorry for you because of your class pick, and the only time you'll win in PvP is if the other person feels so sorry for you he decides to lose on purpose. Even in a Ranger vs Ranger match-up the Ranger is at a clear disadvantage. Your only small hope is against a Berserker as they have similar problems with their class. But they're able to express their feelings by hugging you. For 7 days straight.

And this doesn't extend to PvP either, Rangers also struggle a lot in PvE. Try to farm literally any enemy in the entire time, and I'll be impressed if you manage to kill more than 2 enemies per hour. I even saw a newbie Ranger give up trying to defeat a single weasel outside Velia. And don't get me started on trying to fight goats. That's an experience which will nearly make you quit and uninstall BDO for good.

The saddest thing of all is that the Ranger class was fixed almost exactly one year ago on KR server. For one year we've had to endure a broken class!

And before anyone goes "Lulz, it's your gear!" Then, well... that's kinda the point, isn't it? This is my gear right now:

2017-02-09_35084014.thumb.jpg.3cbb10a868

I'm not one to brag, but I think my gear's pretty darn good overall. I've tried really hard to compensate for the current weaknesses of the Ranger class, but there's no getting around it. We're lacking that one thing which will unlock the true potential of the Ranger class...

WE NEED GOTHA RENSA!

Hidden Content

This alone would move Ranger to the top tier class for literally every activity in the entire game! How could you even consider trying to horse race against someone who looks that fabulous? How could you even entertain the idea of conquering a region in the game knowing you're not as pretty as a Ranger in Gotha Rensa?

And I'm not alone in this crusade either. I checked youtube, and even one of the biggest MMO youtube personalities is very clear in their messaging about BDO and the current lack of Gotha Rensa:

LazyPeonsNewVideo720p.thumb.jpg.a9876679

And since we've had to wait so long for Gotha Rensa to be released, I think we're entitled for something extra. I demand the staff of Kakao cosplay in Gotha Rensa! If I don't see pictures of PM_Jouska dressing up in Gotha Rensa I shall throw pointy twigs in the general direction of Kakao offices!

Oh, and I guess that Berserker class should also get the Gotha Rensa costume or something, I dunno. To be honest, they should only get if they stop hugging people so much. Maybe give them a big body pillow so they can get it out of their system?

Ranger since launch "Dekaria" Edan Valencia, trust me when I say this, "you're doing it wrong".

Posted

Ranger since launch "Dekaria" Edan Valencia, trust me when I say this, "you're doing it wrong".

hehe did you read any of it?

Posted

No constructive arguments at all and just a strong bias.. ranger defending his own class what a surprise

Go fight a ranger who uses class mechanics right and times his broke as shit skills.. let alone a grab..  god tier

Posted

wow bro....

Posted

No constructive arguments at all and just a strong bias.. ranger defending his own class what a surprise

Go fight a ranger who uses class mechanics right and times his broke as shit skills.. let alone a grab..  god tier

>.> is no one reading this?

1 person likes this

Posted

>.> is no one reading this?

You need to use any opportunity to promote ranger nerf 

Posted

Is he trolling or what? WTF

Posted

would u mind to share the secret of how to not became a side dish in sieges as a ranger? a detailed explanation of what play style and gear build would be much appreciated.

Posted

LOL, this is my favorite post on the forums now. :D 

Posted (edited)

I find it funny that he makes fun of people's gear claims when Ranger still requires an absurd amount of gear to be viable let alone get to the "broken" state.

Meanwhile most classes spend half the money and delete people anyway.

I don't expect jack shit from a dude that builds his channel basically  on fashion memes.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

Rickroll is outdated

Sandroll is more hip

Posted

Nice anti ranger whine

Posted (edited)

Waow you should really stop complaining about the state of the game. I mean, the game is pretty much free anyway. $5 and you get a free MMO and excellent PVP. Just stop being a wimp and reroll into a better class. Gosh.  

Edited by LadyRhapsody

Posted

hehe did you read any of it?

Yeah I read the post. But when you take groups out as a Ranger you fail to recognize the point.

Posted

I was Ranger since the second Korean closed beta! That makes my opinion at least 10 times more important than anyone else's!

Is he trolling or what? WTF

I'm dead serious when it comes to Gotha Rensa.

I find it funny that he makes fun of people's gear claims when Ranger still requires an absurd amount of gear to be viable let alone get to the "broken" state.

Meanwhile most classes spend half the money and delete people anyway.

I don't expect jack shit from a dude that builds his channel basically  on fashion memes.

I've had a lot of people accuse me of a lot of different stuff on youtube, but accusing me of making "fashion memes" videos is a new one.

Nice anti ranger whine

It was actually a super stealthy anti-Dark Knight whine.

Waow you should really stop complaining about the state of the game. I mean, the game is pretty much free anyway. $5 and you get a free MMO and excellent PVP. Just stop being a wimp and reroll into a better class. Gosh.  

I've already re-rolled as a Shai, so it's all good now. I win every PvP fight by pointing at people and telling them they're doing it wrong.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

*claps*

10/10 post....I kek'd hard

From a Non-Ranger player who is waiting on the other Elf Class the Dank Elf I can see your frustrations... Hopefully you will be able to cosplay as a Goat before DK Comes out ;)
Nouver gonna give you up?

Edited by Arkilix
1 person likes this

Posted

a featherless hawk

gone are its wings to take flight

the gotha rensa

by Shuyin

Posted

Why do you all need to look like goats when you already look like goatse?

2 people like this