• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranger's role in RBF?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I'm just wondering what's ranger's role in RBF?

I already played and have 3000 points but I feel extremely useless in RBF. Do we play like a range class? No, shotgun deals no damage and other skill's damage will split when attack a group of target. Melee we have no super armor and we just got knockdown/stun/knockback all the time before we finish our attack.

our dash have a long 3 sec CD so we cant dash in/out like musa/maehua.

so what we actually can do in RBF?

I'm currently 208/210/250

Posted

if ur shotgun deals no damage at 200+ap then u have accuracy issue.

1 person likes this

Posted

if ur shotgun deals no damage at 200+ap then u have accuracy issue.

I have TRI zaka, TRI bheg, one TRI red coral, two accuracy crystal in mainhand (which is +4), and the yellow stone (forgot the name, press U and it gives buffs including +4 acc)

That's not enough? Witch/wizard doesn't even need a bheg to deal damage, isnt that a bit unfair? 

Posted

I have TRI zaka, TRI bheg, one TRI red coral, two accuracy crystal in mainhand (which is +4), and the yellow stone (forgot the name, press U and it gives buffs including +4 acc)

That's not enough? Witch/wizard doesn't even need a bheg to deal damage, isnt that a bit unfair? 

that sure be good enough to even have good hit rate on evasion build. something doesnt add up here, are u sure the person u are hitting doesnt have block up?

Posted

We don't have enough sustain to be able to stay in and duke it out with people, so you need to play like an assasin. Dive people with big points, play the flanks, etc.. Don't be afraid to die early on, the real points come in the last 5-10 minutes of the match. Just be patient and wait for an opening.

Also keep working on your gear, 220+ AP is when ranger really starts to hit hard. And if you're not 60/61 yet, get there ASAP. It makes a huge difference.

Posted

As for me, I think ranger is an assassin. Go in fast, kill someone, go out. If opponent isnt dead during your close combat, then finish it off with your ranged skills. Ranger seem to be focused on 1vs1 rather than group fights, or if it's group fight, then focus in taking 1 person down. Thats how I survive in rbf. It's pretty hard to get 3+ kills at once like when Wizard one shot kills 5 or more persons with one skill...

Posted (edited)

Seems to be conflicting views on what the issue is for the OP not sure if this should be a sign of something good or bad. As a lvl 59 with 217ap I feel playing ranger in RBF feels very cheesey as all you do is scout high point targets and then try to last hit with shotgun as I feel like my shotgun still hits as a wet noddle.

On the note of 1v1 dose not even feel like ranger is that strong in 1v1 as its mostly trying to catch someone of guard is gone net you the biggest kills most of the time.

Edited by Zeel

Posted

Assassinate high value target, run away, escape back to spawn area, profit.

Posted

Ranger is not an "assassin" class. If so, explain you rangers who think this is an "assassin" class. Stop trying to replace musa/plum and leave that job to musa/plum/ninja/kuno

First off Ranger dash is 3 second iframe. So how do you "assassinate" players as the primary role and get out with just a 3 second cd iframe? Call of sky? Your playing off of desync, aoe you will die

Keeping distance with bow is the safest option with bow especially in very large scale. Then some of you complain no block so when those op sorcs come you just get cced and died. And bow skill can be press q to cancel with frontal block. If they hit your frontal block its an auto grab = kill. Same with super armor skills. You can use breezy blaze as a defensive skill for the super armor + grab when opponent hits you. For those rangers who are not aware, the super armor lasts for a decent amount of time (maybe 3 seconds). You literally can cast breezy blaze and sit there and not get cced. It is similar to many other classes super armor skills such as plum petal drill. You can chain iframe, super armor, evasive, frontal block to pretty much not get cced at all. So what do you usually do? Shotgun/blasting gust when they come close you can use awakening weapon

So then some of you guys say "bow does no damage" (lol)

Shotgun is weak? 220 ap can 3-4 shotgun full tri boss armor players standing up. 4 Shotguns that is a lot of time(Some of you guys say). No shit, but is it not free damage ? If a ranger can sit there and shotgun forever, I am sure he is doing the most dps out of all classes. That being said, that would mean if you have 5 rangers just sitting there in a siege, a musa/plum tries to dash in, they all just shotgun the player and would probably kill during their dash. Even if there is misses within the shotgun, the player would most likely be very low health unable to engage. Theres no point of me posting block of text since 90% of you guys would probably not listen and keep complaining how bad ranger is. What happen to those rangers on this forum that thought they knew how to play rangers before awakening coming out and said something likes of "ranger will use bow 80% of the time"? Where are you guys at?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrlLT6P6pVzKhd7Rt6eq67w
For those who are unaware, this player from high team on kr server spent his time making great videos explaining how to play ranger (Note his rbf clips)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

How to get positive scores at RBF wizard edition:

Stay in the back, spam shotgun, pray you get last hits, shit on the occasional diver that goes too deep. Or the isolated flanker.

Abuse armor buff if nothing to lose \o/

I'll have to agree with the above dude, Maewhas and the like are backline assassins; we are much more of a 'support' kind of damage dealer. A flanker, but not diver.

That being said, always be aware of your surroundings. If someone gets in your face and you don't notice, u ded.

What happen to those rangers on this forum that thought they knew how to play rangers before awakening coming out and said something likes of "ranger will use bow 80% of the time"? Where are you guys at?

hi, that would be me.

Edited by Katsuragi
1 person likes this

Posted

lol at that 5 rangers on one musa/plum.

Posted

Ranger is not an "assassin" class. If so, explain you rangers who think this is an "assassin" class. Stop trying to replace musa/plum and leave that job to musa/plum/ninja/kuno

First off Ranger dash is 3 second iframe. So how do you "assassinate" players as the primary role and get out with just a 3 second cd iframe? Call of sky? Your playing off of desync, aoe you will die

Keeping distance with bow is the safest option with bow especially in very large scale. Then some of you complain no block so when those op sorcs come you just get cced and died. And bow skill can be press q to cancel with frontal block. If they hit your frontal block its an auto grab = kill. Same with super armor skills. You can use breezy blaze as a defensive skill for the super armor + grab when opponent hits you. For those rangers who are not aware, the super armor lasts for a decent amount of time (maybe 3 seconds). You literally can cast breezy blaze and sit there and not get cced. It is similar to many other classes super armor skills such as plum petal drill. You can chain iframe, super armor, evasive, frontal block to pretty much not get cced at all. So what do you usually do? Shotgun/blasting gust when they come close you can use awakening weapon

So then some of you guys say "bow does no damage" (lol)

Shotgun is weak? 220 ap can 3-4 shotgun full tri boss armor players standing up. 4 Shotguns that is a lot of time(Some of you guys say). No shit, but is it not free damage ? If a ranger can sit there and shotgun forever, I am sure he is doing the most dps out of all classes. That being said, that would mean if you have 5 rangers just sitting there in a siege, a musa/plum tries to dash in, they all just shotgun the player and would probably kill during their dash. Even if there is misses within the shotgun, the player would most likely be very low health unable to engage. Theres no point of me posting block of text since 90% of you guys would probably not listen and keep complaining how bad ranger is. What happen to those rangers on this forum that thought they knew how to play rangers before awakening coming out and said something likes of "ranger will use bow 80% of the time"? Where are you guys at?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrlLT6P6pVzKhd7Rt6eq67w
For those who are unaware, this player from high team on kr server spent his time making great videos explaining how to play ranger (Note his rbf clips)

No you are wrong and you should write that block of text ;_; I didn't know about that duration of SA on breezy blade and it sounds incredibly useful. I have big issues getting engaged and insta gibbed from shit like musa arrows and tamers moonlight strike, like i need to git gud but the stuff idk is not helping xD

I often forget about the forums but bits and pieces like this make me so happy I check it out. Thanks for the tips.

Posted (edited)

No you are wrong and you should write that block of text ;_; I didn't know about that duration of SA on breezy blade and it sounds incredibly useful. I have big issues getting engaged and insta gibbed from shit like musa arrows and tamers moonlight strike, like i need to git gud but the stuff idk is not helping xD

I often forget about the forums but bits and pieces like this make me so happy I check it out. Thanks for the tips.

Musa arrow is 15 second cd, if you are in bow mode you just block with frontal block from weapon swap. They cancel from awakening to bow is when they back dash, even weapon swapping when they back dash is fine. 15 seconds is enough time to do damage. Whenever musa casts his bow, that is the time when you can count down. Casting bow will always reset the cd timer. They may use charging arrow which is easy to see that they are casting (They will mostly do a side step move). If you are experience pvp you can grab musa during their dash and whenever they cast below the belt. Musa will engage majority of the time with below the belt which is 11 second cd and will only get a good ranger only by the arrow. You should never loose to any other of his skills but his bow. There are many other skills they can use to engage which is mediocre and easy to counter. Their class has simple patterns and easy to learn how to beat from experience.

Edit: Example can be shown here for bow mechanic they use. This musa does use different mechanic and uses his sidestep more. In his other video you can see him use both side step and backdash for bow

Tamers are simple, zone them with bow, whenever they use cloud which is 9 second cd you can counter with frontal block or call of sky. Trade your superarmor/iframe combos against theirs and then keep zoning afterwards. Tamers should be felt very pressured from the bow. Main ranger combo takes roughly 4 seconds to cast which is not enough time for them to get their cloud back. Whenever they block when they are close, you hit your breezy blade + rushing wind to the side of the block like the same with sorcs violation. The youtube channel I have linked he has 1v1 tamer video

Edited by BarcodeGod
1 person likes this

Posted

Musa arrow is 15 second cd, if you are in bow mode you just block with frontal block from weapon swap. They cancel from awakening to bow is when they back dash, even weapon swapping when they back dash is fine. 15 seconds is enough time to do damage. Whenever musa casts his bow, that is the time when you can count down. Casting bow will always reset the cd timer. They may use charging arrow which is easy to see that they are casting (They will mostly do a side step move). If you are experience pvp you can grab musa during their dash and whenever they cast below the belt. Musa will engage majority of the time with below the belt which is 11 second cd and will only get a good ranger only by the arrow. You should never loose to any other of his skills but his bow. There are many other skills they can use to engage which is mediocre and easy to counter. Their class has simple patterns and easy to learn how to beat from experience.

Tamers are simple, zone them with bow, whenever they use cloud which is 9 second cd you can counter with frontal block or call of sky. Trade your superarmor/iframe combos against theirs and then keep zoning afterwards. Tamers should be felt very pressured from the bow. Main ranger combo takes roughly 4 seconds to cast which is not enough time for them to get their cloud back. Whenever they block when they are close, you hit your breezy blade + rushing wind to the side of the block like the same with sorcs violation. The youtube channel I have linked he has 1v1 tamer video

@ the tamer part: is that to clip the side with rushing flow? behind their block? Neat :D

Thanks for tips, i mainly just fight guildies, usually ends up being tamer/musa. I will watch for the musa backdash

I think i have always wasted this breezy blade SA period by nearly always following up with rushing flow for rushing flows protection ofc, which is so predictable really and wastefull since rushing flow has it's own protection....looking forward to trying out this stuff.

Posted

Did you ever fought a tamer ??

Posted

Did you ever fought a tamer ??

yup

Posted (edited)

Keep your distance and apply dps while waiting for an opportunity for a priority target to miss position then go in and 1combo them, if you just jump into the fray your gonna get shitfaced, we have cool downs on evasive/defensive abilitys so don't try that 

You have to understand that a ranger is not good alone unless your highly skilled, make sure to be around classes that complement you with their cc and it's smooth sailing.

Edited by wayy2cold

Posted

I like the ranger because you have two totally different types of playstyles for RBF or really any open world pvp involving larger groups. You can sit back and damage from a distance or you dive in around the back and counter all the witches and wizards that like to blow your entire team up. I see a lot of people suffer with positioning in RBF and open world pvp settings. Once you can see the flow of the fight and avoid the big damage your potency goes way up. People who can't run RBF without turning off other players effects are at a huge disadvantage since you won't see when people blow some of their skills. 

I love watching for the enemy team to ball and then zipping up and rushing wind flow -> Vine knot -> Waltz flow comboing them and seeing everyone melt.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0