• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Psycho-stalking arrogant grind-PKers

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

By grind-PKers I mean those guys who are afraid of going to negative karma and are just killing you as you supposedly were on their grind spot, thinking one PK is enough to "teach you a lesson". (Disclaimer: I don't get in to the way of other players and steal their mobs) The same guys who only have guts to attack players they know they can kill in two hits. I don't mind players who's life goal is to kill every player ever and have hit the rock bottom of negative karma. This post is basically about the PKers especially in Mediah area who gank fresh level 50s and act like that's hardcore PvP.

Here's a little background:

First of all, I'm all in to PvP and I think BDO should have things like stealing trade items and all that good stuff. I would love to have players the option to go full outlaw and instead of those lame NPC goons we would have real players to worry about when doing trade. I even wanted Margoria patch to be more about being pirates vs. merchant as in players fighting each other for mad monies.

I play the game semi-casually and mostly just chill, doing whatever I feel like doing. When I grind, especially on a popular spot like Sausans, I just go to a quiet area where's no one around and I do my small circles with low-end gear just to quickly get the remaining ~15%-or-what-not of my level. After playing a while I know the basic "rotations" on the crowded grind spots and just avoid them if there's other people going full Rambo. I know how some people want everything in 5 minutes and they gotta steroid-mode trough the game, so better stay out of their way.

Now this is what bugs me:

I'm minding my own business, grinding alone for a good 20 minutes+ in middle of nowhere. Then comes some kazillion AP/DP guy and kills me with absolutely reason to do so, saying some try-hard macho stuff they learned from Dragon Ball Z (some borderline RP-ers are the most cringeworthy) and tell me to leave their spot. Their spot. On my first below-56-character I just didn't mind on situations like that and left to do something else.

Now after getting PKed couple of times on my newer toons in situations where I have been there alone, in middle of nowhere for ages and then some dude comes around and tells me I'm on their spot while stroking their own e-peen I just go full psycho. I stalk 'em, steal their mobs, let them kill me couple of times just to see that they're too afraid to continue or else they go below negative karma. Then they try to pull mobs on me so I just lie that I just leveled up and I'm at 0.005% so they quit doing that as well. I even left my half-dead guild just to grief these suckers so they can't guild war gank me 100 times. I generally waste their time and dodge/i-frame as much as I can, making some fights last ridiculous times even though they could kill me in two or three hits. I just don't stop until they leave or change channels.

And so far it pretty much has worked every single time. They call me retard, shout out some empty threats and then they just leave. I guess PKing is aww-right if there are some people purposefully stealing your mobs, but these heroes one-shotting people just because think they should have the entire area to themselves deserve all the griefing coming their way.

Anyone else doing this? I don't mean karma bombing couple of times, but just full on psycho, stalking these PKers until they bail or start moaning about it so much you can just drink their tears.

TLDR; I enjoy bullying the bullies. Don't PK if you're too afraid of negative karma, take it like a MAYN!

Edited by Ibbuli
Typos
10 people like this

Posted

You are a karma bomber. The unspoken rule is the stronger player owns the spot. Had they been weaker than you and we're unable to kill you at all, the pker would show courtesy of leaving because they are weaker. You should show the same courtesy, if you are weaker you should move on and stop karma bombing. 

18 people like this

Posted

You are a karma bomber. The unspoken rule is the stronger player owns the spot. Had they been weaker than you and we're unable to kill you at all, the pker would show courtesy of leaving because they are weaker. You should show the same courtesy, if you are weaker you should move on and stop karma bombing. 

We don´t have Karma-Bombing, just over-aggressive Asozial Players who want the World burn and who invented the word "Karma-Bomber".

5 people like this

Posted

I think it depends on the spot and the circumstances. If I'm at a popular spot like Pirates main rotation or one of the main 3 Sausans rotations, I expect PVP and if I lose the fights I'll butt out and go elsewhere. If our first fight was close, I will flag up myself (so as not to karma bomb) and I'll try again to see if I can push them back out, but usually I'll just leave. It's a highly contested spot and I'm ok with PVP deciding whether I get to grind there. 

However, I spend a lot of time grinding at the far south rotation at Bashims, which is open on almost every channel almost all the time. When someone shows up and ganks me and tells me to leave their spot, especially when they're wasting my XP buff... sure I could swap channels and grind peacefully, but that wouldn't feel right to me. I will give them 5 minutes to make sure they pop their XP buffs or w/e, then I will go and do their rotation backwards. I'll save my 100% and flag + bomb them if they let their guard down thinking I'm not going to fight back and I'm just a "Karma Bomber" - I will waste hours ruining their night if they don't just swap channels like they should have when they came and saw I was already on the spot that was surely uncontested on almost every other channel. Maybe I'm an asshole for that, but I just see it as really stupid to push someone out of an uncontested spot when you could just swap channels, and I don't want them to be rewarded for it by just giving it up peacefully. 

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Meh if people think you Are karma-bombing they Are just to afraid/Lazy to go minus... if you did that to me i would just go minus and enjoy the thrill of having to be 100% alert so i dont get jumped ^^ wish pvp were more then oneshot parties :3 keep it up and to all the people saying your karma-bombing them.. well go f*** your self and stop crying... would love to see vids of it xb

Edited by Quisari

Posted

You are a karma bomber. The unspoken rule is the stronger player owns the spot.

Owns the spot? How about.... ----- off! Unspoken rule my ass.

I was here first, so tough shit, go find another spot. And if you kill me being a bully, then I'll make your grinding a pain for you. I'll keep doing my thing and killing the mobs I can and worst case you declare my guild and kill me. Worst part for you is I don't care at this point. I'll just annoy you grinding mobs and you'll take more time out of your day chasing me.

Net result is the bully wastes their time and would have been much better off going somewhere else.

It's also a sliding scale. You think it's fair for a level 60 to kill every level 1 doing their first kill beetles quest, because the level 60 wanted to farm there? Just retarded. In other words, don't come and bully a spot you're clearly over level for.

Also have to love the bully that kills you and says "leave".  Again... how about just ----- off!

3 people like this

Posted

That's not the point. I make sure I grind on places where is plenty of room to do grinding even if you have 1000 AP 1000 DP and one shot Kzarkas. They just decide to come to my small plot and PK me, then tell me to bugger off.

The whole idea is basically "you grief me, I grief you". Get out of the nuclear reactor if it's getting too hot for you. Plus it's fun to dodge attacks for 10 minutes which instagib you.

It's kinda sad that there's one player in a hundred which actually makes parties with lower geared/leveled people to help them instead of just being douches.

I don't know why karma bombing is like a cuss word, it's essentially the thing I'm doing with some additional pain-in-the-arsery. The people had it coming. I guess it's... you know. Karma!

5 people like this

Posted

Majority only follows that "unspoken" rule when they're the strongest player though lol.

When tables turn and the opponent is the superior one, they(including hardcore PvP'ers) suddenly decides that rules can be stretched.

Some call for backup to zerg down a stronger players and that's how they get his spot. Lets just call it a "GvG" and it's np. Others try to make him go neg karma, by bodythrowing or karma bombing. Than you have the annoying type that keeps coming back and attacking over and over for hours, until gets so frustrating you just leave, because tired from work and getting cc'ed and jumped every third minute is to much.

I think in many cases it's safe to say that the biggest try-hard gets the spot, regardless of unspoken rules or who's stronger.

5 people like this

Posted

the person you're describing is not a kazillion ap/dp player. He's probably some bloke who finally got duo gear. Probably is his 160/200d reason.

1. The kazillion ap/dp dude wouldn't be caught dead trying to grind some out in nowhere spot in sausages. It's either main spot or nothing. Nothing elseI in sausages is worth their time.

2. They don't care about going negative. No one at sausages is ever going to be able to kill them for them to care and those few who can, they are at war with so the karma penalty doesn't apply.

Grats on showing a mid tier scrub his place tho.

2 people like this

Posted

the person you're describing is not a kazillion ap/dp player. He's probably some bloke who finally got duo gear. Probably is his 160/200d reason.

1. The kazillion ap/dp dude wouldn't be caught dead trying to grind some out in nowhere spot in sausages. It's either main spot or nothing. Nothing elseI in sausages is worth their time.

2. They don't care about going negative. No one at sausages is ever going to be able to kill them for them to care and those few who can, they are at war with so the karma penalty doesn't apply.

Grats on showing a mid tier scrub his place tho.

My assumption is that OP is probably taking mobs from one of the 3 main rotations inside the walls and calling it an out in nowhere spot because unfamiliar with the rotations.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol, that unspoken rule was fabricated by no-lifers who want to stay competitively relevant. Which makes the said rule INVALID.

1 person likes this

Posted

If im at elrics I just stay and dont care if i die i just go back and keep going back, I had someone kill me 17 times today then tried declaring war but I had no guild. I honestly dont care if i die lol :P when I get geared i'll fight back

1 person likes this

Posted

Happened to me a lot at basilik, and the raggyzerk thought he could dump me into snakes so 1% goes away.

He couldn't, so he told me he planned on staying the whole night "irl" and after 5 more failed attempts to reduce my exp, he did not have that much time since he left while crying over the karma systerm.

The key is to let the retard speak alone, nobody likes to speak to a wall, especially very patient folks like them lol. (some of them are indeed patient, wich make things worse most of the time but hey, a spot is a spot.)

Was a fun evening tho.

Lol, that unspoken rule was fabricated by no-lifers who want to stay competitively relevant. Which makes the said rule INVALID.

Basically this. And knowing that the gear can degrade past DUO well... it's an infinite loop. I don't think they can ever understand how badly that kind of behaviour harms new players since all that matters is their own little world.

A lot of ppl already spoke about this around the internet, memers make it worse as always. Yet i can't figure out why the sausages are still grinded by ppl past 57/58 even for the "lazyassmoney" income wich is a shitty amount compared to "imperialtradelazyassmoney" but hey, ppl don't know how to play this game it is known.

Best part is when they start the intense flaming flow because "your guild is not ready for war" 10/10 would buy again.

Have a nice day.

Posted

My assumption is that OP is probably taking mobs from one of the 3 main rotations inside the walls and calling it an out in nowhere spot because unfamiliar with the rotations.  

Technically it wouldn't matter when I'm at Sausans as every time I've been there I've been alone for the first half an hour or so. So if that one random guy comes in, he'd still have two other rotations to pick. But I always farm out of the walls when I'm doing a solo sausage party, northwest at the beach. Also there's plenty of enemies to kill on the eastern part of the beach near the node, which some people use.

Posted

Technically it wouldn't matter when I'm at Sausans as every time I've been there I've been alone for the first half an hour or so. So if that one random guy comes in, he'd still have two other rotations to pick. But I always farm out of the walls when I'm doing a solo sausage party, northwest at the beach. Also there's plenty of enemies to kill on the eastern part of the beach near the node, which some people use.

I see if you're doing beach then it's pretty silly of them to come hunting you there. The 3 main rotations inside the walls are better as far as mob density and spacing goes, so it seems like if they want to get competitive they should do so in there. Some of these people are just out to grief anyone wherever they might be. I was grinding Manes on my new Maehwa last night, and had a ninja that significantly outgeared me (was one shotting me with 220DP) come into my rotation, kill me, then repeatedly kill me every time I respawned at the node. Some warrior showed up that he couldn't one shot, and he just rolled out. Wasn't even there for the camp, just griefing easy targets I guess. 

Posted

The unspoken rule is the stronger player owns the spot.

false

Don't PK if you're too afraid of negative karma

true

2 people like this

Posted

Dude I would kill you before you can say "i-frame" so I dont think your tactic will work fine with most "PKs". My advice would be to stop wasting your time in spots you clearly can not keep.

Posted

happens to me on lower char aswell , i just say 'Ok ,take the spot your stronger' and last time the guy said ' Ah someone who understands it '. BUT..........then i return on my 230AP Wiz and oneshoot him and say it is my spot (like he said). last time the guy was crying like hell and i said ' Dude you just said the same shit to me on my lower char ' and then they leave :) . Ofcourse i have the luck to have a good geared char . But Always funny that this happens :):):)

5 people like this

Posted

happens to me on lower char aswell , i just say 'Ok ,take the spot your stronger' and last time the guy said ' Ah someone who understands it '. BUT..........then i return on my 230AP Wiz and oneshoot him and say it is my spot (like he said). last time the guy was crying like hell and i said ' Dude you just said the same shit to me on my lower char ' and then they leave :) . Ofcourse i have the luck to have a good geared char . But Always funny that this happens :):):)

savage

1 person likes this

Posted

By grind-PKers I mean those guys who are afraid of going to negative karma and are just killing you as you supposedly were on their grind spot, thinking one PK is enough to "teach you a lesson". (Disclaimer: I don't get in to the way of other players and steal their mobs) The same guys who only have guts to attack players they know they can kill in two hits. I don't mind players who's life goal is to kill every player ever and have hit the rock bottom of negative karma. This post is basically about the PKers especially in Mediah area who gank fresh level 50s and act like that's hardcore PvP.

Here's a little background:

First of all, I'm all in to PvP and I think BDO should have things like stealing trade items and all that good stuff. I would love to have players the option to go full outlaw and instead of those lame NPC goons we would have real players to worry about when doing trade. I even wanted Margoria patch to be more about being pirates vs. merchant as in players fighting each other for mad monies.

I play the game semi-casually and mostly just chill, doing whatever I feel like doing. When I grind, especially on a popular spot like Sausans, I just go to a quiet area where's no one around and I do my small circles with low-end gear just to quickly get the remaining ~15%-or-what-not of my level. After playing a while I know the basic "rotations" on the crowded grind spots and just avoid them if there's other people going full Rambo. I know how some people want everything in 5 minutes and they gotta steroid-mode trough the game, so better stay out of their way.

Now this is what bugs me:

I'm minding my own business, grinding alone for a good 20 minutes+ in middle of nowhere. Then comes some kazillion AP/DP guy and kills me with absolutely reason to do so, saying some try-hard macho stuff they learned from Dragon Ball Z (some borderline RP-ers are the most cringeworthy) and tell me to leave their spot. Their spot. On my first below-56-character I just didn't mind on situations like that and left to do something else.

Now after getting PKed couple of times on my newer toons in situations where I have been there alone, in middle of nowhere for ages and then some dude comes around and tells me I'm on their spot while stroking their own e-peen I just go full psycho. I stalk 'em, steal their mobs, let them kill me couple of times just to see that they're too afraid to continue or else they go below negative karma. Then they try to pull mobs on me so I just lie that I just leveled up and I'm at 0.005% so they quit doing that as well. I even left my half-dead guild just to grief these suckers so they can't guild war gank me 100 times. I generally waste their time and dodge/i-frame as much as I can, making some fights last ridiculous times even though they could kill me in two or three hits. I just don't stop until they leave or change channels.

And so far it pretty much has worked every single time. They call me retard, shout out some empty threats and then they just leave. I guess PKing is aww-right if there are some people purposefully stealing your mobs, but these heroes one-shotting people just because think they should have the entire area to themselves deserve all the griefing coming their way.

Anyone else doing this? I don't mean karma bombing couple of times, but just full on psycho, stalking these PKers until they bail or start moaning about it so much you can just drink their tears.

TLDR; I enjoy bullying the bullies. Don't PK if you're too afraid of negative karma, take it like a MAYN!

You lost a PvP fight for a contested spot in a PvP game but you ended up keeping the spoils anyway. It's an abuse of a broken system and you know it. You lose nothing when you lose. The attacker could lose a lot if he wins too much. Where is the logic?

People need to stop being offended by being contested out of a grind spot. 

And can we stop saying people have "no reason" for doing stuff? Everyone has a reason for doing anything, else they wouldn't do it. Actions don't happen without motivation. People easily omit "having fun" as a reason for doing something. Maybe you should shift your mindset in that direction. Maybe you'll start relating more to your attackers and stop karma bombing. 

2 people like this

Posted

Dude I would kill you before you can say "i-frame" so I dont think your tactic will work fine with most "PKs". My advice would be to stop wasting your time in spots you clearly can not keep.

Hey, good for you! Such an achievement to behold.

But yeah, are you saying that basically anyone over level 50, but under 400 AP/DP should just stay away from PvE mobs cause there's a chance someone might PK you? I've been PKed even at cyclops when I was farming the knowledge and some dude told me to leave 'cause they were too lazy to chance channels and they wanted to get the knowledge as well. And again, this was after I've been there alone for almost an hour.

This thread isn't about going in middle of a crowded, contested grind spot and wondering why I'm dead. It's about some lazy, arrogant dudes getting what's coming to them.

You lost a PvP fight for a contested spot in a PvP game.
a PvP game.
a PvP game.

People need to stop being offended by being contested out of a grind spot.

Yeah, uh... I guess we have different views of what's a PvP game and what's not.

I think it's safe to assume that here's the point of this thread.
-> .

And here's your head:
-> o

As you can see, the point went way over.

You evil mastermind, you!

2 people like this

Posted

Honestly, this...more than any other reason, is why there should be real loss when you are PK'ed by someone who is not say 1MIL+ red.

If someone is in a contested grind spot and you get PK'ed for it there should be loss.  Your crystals have a solid chance of breaking, you lose a minimum of 1% xp.  Period.  The end.

If you are pulling this clown crap on a group of people and each one of them is killing you because of your ass-hattery and feeling "entitled" to a fair chance at killing stuff...you lose xp on each death and you lose some crystals...once that $8M crystal shatters and you start rolling backwards in XP you should move along with the re calibration and understanding that being a lower level in any contested spot does not "earn" you the right to play there.

Game is about 100x too care bear.  Which is allows this type of nonsense to happen.

Posted

And can we stop saying people have "no reason" for doing stuff? Everyone has a reason for doing anything, else they wouldn't do it. Actions don't happen without motivation. People easily omit "having fun" as a reason for doing something.

having a reason != justification. and "having fun" is easily the worst reason to do anything that could spoil the fun for others.

otherwise we would have to symphatize with rapists, murderers and other criminals, they must have a reason for what they're doing as well. Would you let a rapist have his way and get away, because hes having fun?

and pk'ers in this game ARE criminals, why else do you think you get a "criminal" debuff that sends you to jail on death if you kill someone in the desert, or why else would guards start to attack you with negative karma? Why again should anyone relate to pker's again? Oh thats right because they live their lifes in this game and are too butthurt if they had to share a little of their loot & xp per hour with others, ye thats sounds like a relatable person i can sympathize with.

Posted

Hey, good for you! Such an achievement to behold.

But yeah, are you saying that basically anyone over level 50, but under 400 AP/DP should just stay away from PvE mobs cause there's a chance someone might PK you? I've been PKed even at cyclops when I was farming the knowledge and some dude told me to leave 'cause they were too lazy to chance channels and they wanted to get the knowledge as well. And again, this was after I've been there alone for almost an hour.

This thread isn't about going in middle of a crowded, contested grind spot and wondering why I'm dead. It's about some lazy, arrogant dudes getting what's coming to them.

Yeah, uh... I guess we have different views of what's a PvP game and what's not.

I think it's safe to assume that here's the point of this thread.
-> .

And here's your head:
-> o

As you can see, the point went way over.

You evil mastermind, you!

To be killed out of contested spots is an anecdote and people saying it happens on a regular basis and so measures implementation is in order, are either disconected from the reality of the game or just pissed because they have been killed. Anyone can see this when analyzing the situation with a cold head.

Posted

To be killed out of contested spots is an anecdote and people saying it happens on a regular basis and so measures implementation is in order, are either disconected from the reality of the game or just pissed because they have been killed. Anyone can see this when analyzing the situation with a cold head.

i think the ones disconnected from the reality of the game are the ones crying about lost karma?

losing karma on a pk is part of this game, whereas "contesting" grindspots and bragging rights to keep these spots by killing others is a "rule" made up by players.

1 person likes this