• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Psycho-stalking arrogant grind-PKers

81 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm still not sure what "carebear" means. Maybe the people who care about their pretty karma and are afraid to PK someone a few times more? Must be.

2 people like this

Posted

if it's justified, it's not an issue. Choose one, but that one then counts for both. (by the way there are ways to deal with the second, the exact same ways that work for the first)

nothing against killing other players, but are you crying about losing karma if you do? if you dont then everything is fine.

No im not crying about karma where u get that from? 

I'm still not sure what "carebear" means. Maybe the people who care about their pretty karma and are afraid to PK someone a few times more? Must be.

Karma is not playing in the interest of "weak" players. It protects PKs from retribution and forces these same PKs to throw entire parties/guilds against players, precisey as a way to not turn red, which causes harassment on the players that supposedly need protection. 

Karma arises from the flawed logic that PKs and non PKs want to play together which ofc is not true as most game developers know by now, hence the need of PVE / PVP servers. Pearl Abyss, probably forced by Kakao, is just displaying how amateur they are in this regard and will slowly lean the balance towards either Pvp or Pve as they already doing in Korea.

Posted

They need to add diminishing returns to karma or make it not take karma if you kill the same person within a certain period of time.

The current way it works is tilted too far in favour of those willing to deliberately disrupt and troll people trying to grind. This is at odds with the sandbox nature of the game, and has only come about because they removed death penalties for PVP. 

Restoring those penalties in some form and making karma loss vs a specific target diminish for subsequent kills with a long reset time would be great.

There is nothing "Psycho stalking arrogant" about people wanting to claim a grinding spot. It's part of the game. If you dislike it that much even with karma as skewed in the defenders favour as it is now, then I'm honestly not sure why you're playing BDO. It was, after all, marketed as a sandbox with open world pk.

1 person likes this

Posted

The game was initially all about owning grind spots but the more intelligent players carebears realised that this was killing the community and playerbase on a long-term and that it was absolutely not fun losing hours of progress because of some stupid asshole, killed the community and demanded a change in the system which would actually allow for less griefing made it a grief filled free for all with no recourse for the dedicated grinders.

it WERE mostly the dedicated grinders who wanted this change originally, because lower levels with bad gear and cheap gems didn't really care much about losing 1%. But high levels cared, higher levels with better gear suffered much worse from pvp death penalties.

Posted

Im new to BDO and i think this is awesome that you do this. Keep doing it, the more time they have to spend on you, the less time they have to gain anything.

I would do the same if i would ever get to that level. But i wont. I picked BDO for crafting and for the mount taming. I dont even think im going to level higher than 30 in this.

OP, your doing great.

If you stick around you'll at the very least hit the 49.9999 mark until you do the quest to hit 50. I have a friend who has leveled his Valk from 10-49.999 doing life skills. 

Posted

it WERE mostly the dedicated grinders who wanted this change originally, because lower levels with bad gear and cheap gems didn't really care much about losing 1%. But high levels cared, higher levels with better gear suffered much worse from pvp death penalties.

Ya... no. Everyone I knew was pissed about them removing the 1% loss. Those low tier players didn't have a chance in hell of killing them back then.

Because it's really smart to PK for no gain till you lose everything you worked for? Might be the players who want to play in a "safe space" free of consequences, interference or competition

Posted

The current way it works is tilted too far in favour of those willing to deliberately disrupt and troll people trying to grind.

So two people are at the same spot. Both want to grind. And only one is "distrupting and trolling" the other because he is behind in equip? That's ridiculous.

The system is clear. It's an open world, no instances so it happens that several players want the same mobs, resources, whatever. Which means you have to share. Additionally you have the option to PK everyone and get the spot for yourself. Tens of thousands of players and 30 "best spots" (channels), if you claim such a spot it's a huge win. At the cost of negative karma (which is capped) that you can easily grind back in an hour or so, and you want to grind anyway, that's what it's all about.

I see no problem with this. The "carebears" can do nothing what you couldn't do to them either, but better. And if they're better in PvE so they are able to killsteal in the first place - then they are just better, like you are maybe better in PvP.

Risk vs reward. Only farming noobs without any penalty wouldn't work.

Posted (edited)

You lost a PvP fight for a contested spot in a PvP game but you ended up keeping the spoils anyway. It's an abuse of a broken system and you know it. You lose nothing when you lose. The attacker could lose a lot if he wins too much. Where is the logic?

People need to stop being offended by being contested out of a grind spot. 

And can we stop saying people have "no reason" for doing stuff? Everyone has a reason for doing anything, else they wouldn't do it. Actions don't happen without motivation. People easily omit "having fun" as a reason for doing something. Maybe you should shift your mindset in that direction. Maybe you'll start relating more to your attackers and stop karma bombing. 

Karma bombing is a way to contest a spot, so why are people offended? 

Oh because it does feel "unfair"? Please tell me how much fair is a level 60 dude going to contest level 55 spots that were already taken by other people that most likely are 56/57. Because that's why people karma-bomb mostly. 
As much as you think that it's unfair karma-bombing it's also unfair for a level 60 to go around lower level spots and take whatever he pleases without taking in account people that were already there.

You all speak like the karma-bomber has only to gain while it's not true at all. If i have exp buffs active or i want to do some serious leveling if i get contested and i lose i swap channel or spot, karma bombing is an HUGE waste of time.

"Oh noes but the karma bomber made me lose that group of 5/6 mobs!!! He's wasting my time!!" Yeah because with that pack of 5-6 mobs he's surely doing such a nice exp compared to you :^). 
The karma bomber is wasting as much time as yours, with the difference that you have the advantage of killing him and get ahead in terms of farm since he has to respawn and get back there. 

If you want to exp in that place that badly then prepare yourself to do whatever is necessary to keep the place, if your strategy is around PKing then be prepared to go red if necessary, if not try to outgrind the guy so that he will leave, if he PKs you then go back and try to outgrind as much as possible.

If the problem is not the "place" but the amount of exp you want to gain then just swap channel like everyone else is doing or look for another spot instead of wasting your time flaming the dude or whining for whatever thing you feel that is unfair. 

I am someone that PKs, sometimes karma bombs people that really deserve it, but i do also get PKed and karma-bombed (with the difference that i am not stupid enough to kill him over and over, i just try to outgrind and if i fail i just leave)... i don't see the issue here tbh, if i want to exp that badly i just leave the spot/ch instead of crying a river and wasting my time. 

You are a karma bomber. The unspoken rule is the stronger player owns the spot. Had they been weaker than you and we're unable to kill you at all, the pker would show courtesy of leaving because they are weaker. You should show the same courtesy, if you are weaker you should move on and stop karma bombing. 

Unspoken rule also says that a level 60 should grind in higher level areas instead of camping those poor guys trying to get past 56 at sausans. 
But let's be honest here, we are in an online game, no one cares about unspoken rules... except for when it's your own convenience :). 

Edited by LordBrasca
1 person likes this

Posted

Karma bombing is a way to contest a spot, so why are people offended? 

If someone follow you all day long, on purpose killing the mobs you are attacking , he is contesting ?

So, if someone kills you repeatedly for no reason or while you are afk, he is contesting too I guess, and thus karma has no purpose.

Posted

You are a karma bomber. The unspoken rule is the stronger player owns the spot. Had they been weaker than you and we're unable to kill you at all, the pker would show courtesy of leaving because they are weaker. You should show the same courtesy, if you are weaker you should move on and stop karma bombing. 

Bullshit I was grinding at Bandits when a Musa and a Ninja decided to try to steal my mobs I informed them politely I was grinding here can they please leave the didn't, I flagged and killed them both.

Moral is what you gonna do to defend your spot karma bomb them you were there first, let them go red.

And lastly I wont call my guild into a war if I flagged.

Posted

Uhahahaha good story bro

Posted

All these karma bombers forget about 1 thing - best spots are limited. Swapping channel won't work in most cases because best spots are taken on every channel. You really think you have right to "own" the spot for entire day, because you took it when everyone was sleeping? Are you brain-damaged?

Posted

I love people which coming to spot and said "Spot taken":) so i ask them how much money they paid fo this scrap of land.

Posted (edited)

Unspoken rule also says that a level 60 should grind in higher level areas instead of camping those poor guys trying to get past 56 at sausans. 

Well thats a balancing problem which players cant change. For players in AP range from 170-190 Valencia should be a viable option but it really isn't other than farming elites. The latter can be more money than sausans, but it isn't as stable/reliable as they're also fought over by even higher geared people. Money&exp is far better at sausans/pirates and there is no actual alternative given by the game that is equally good in both at that certain gear level.

But even given this current balancing problem in terms of grinding spots, in my opinion the game gives lower geared people, especially in groups and without guild, far too much power. In a level/gear based MMO newbies shouldn't be able to grief a player out of the spot who could oneshot them in an instant but won't cause the penalty for doing open pvp in this game is far too high. What options does someone have that could defend his spot easily but doesn't want to risk going negative which is an understandable reason. Outfarming would be a viable method, but what if the group really activly griefes, destroys the rotation and makes outfarming impossible. And this particular case isn't just cherry-picking, it happened to me a lot of times and there is nothing I can do about it which frustrates me as a player that seeks competition in an open pvp game.

I'm absolutely against the old system, getting ganked randomly and losing so much just is bad game design, but the current situation is as well. The suggestions that griefers spawn further away and having a respawn timer seems like a pretty good idea, but it also shouldn't enable higher geared people to completly dominate everything, that would hurt the growth of the game as it demotivates newbies too much. There should be an even balance that enables newbies to hold a spot if a single high-geared players wants to steal it but also an option for this high-geared player who wants to defend himself against active griefers, especially in groups and without a guild to declare on.

Edited by Alekos

Posted

So two people are at the same spot. Both want to grind. And only one is "distrupting and trolling" the other because he is behind in equip? That's ridiculous.

The system is clear. It's an open world, no instances so it happens that several players want the same mobs, resources, whatever. Which means you have to share. Additionally you have the option to PK everyone and get the spot for yourself. Tens of thousands of players and 30 "best spots" (channels), if you claim such a spot it's a huge win. At the cost of negative karma (which is capped) that you can easily grind back in an hour or so, and you want to grind anyway, that's what it's all about.

I see no problem with this. The "carebears" can do nothing what you couldn't do to them either, but better. And if they're better in PvE so they are able to killsteal in the first place - then they are just better, like you are maybe better in PvP.

Risk vs reward. Only farming noobs without any penalty wouldn't work.

Grinding back a million karma will easily take you 20 hours. not 'half an hour or so'. Source: I've done it myself 2 times.

Posted

Grinding back a million karma will easily take you 20 hours. not 'half an hour or so'. Source: I've done it myself 2 times.

You chose the wrong mobs then, there are huge differences. 20 hours lol :)

Posted

You chose the wrong mobs then, there are huge differences. 20 hours lol :)

Ogres/Sausans/Catfish/Manshas/Helms.  All of them are about 50k-100k karma an hour if you don't get disturbed. Which is a given if you're at sausans for example. 

So according to you there's some SPECIAL mob that gives more karma? Yeah right, lmao.

Posted

Make them go negative after pretending you're just a low geared pleb. Flag up and have fun with their gear degradation.  

Posted

What I miss in PvP is some style and cool combat fights. Regular killing other players, because you got better gear is like killing low grey level mobs and boring in the end. 

Just try to start a talk about AFK fisher getting killed..............

Posted

i really am disappointed that people doing this stuff are even proud of it.

if i want a spot i attack the guy whos farming it, i oneshot him? fine. he oneshots me? fine. were having one or two nice matches? awesome.

its not about some macho stuff "learned from dragonball" its about the spot and the rule of the jungle which is present in black desert everywhere.

just learn 2 pvp&gear up and swallow it if you have pug-gear or if you play like a retard.

i remember times where people just left after loosing. people are doing the same to me, theres always someone stronger. i leave the spot to them too why is this so hard for some people? are those ego issues or something?

Posted

From where comes idea of such rule? Maybe unspoken rule is that new/weaker/lower lvl players own the areas their quests lead them to? Where THEY are supposed to level to catch up with higher lvl/gear players? Guilds that are small/medium (not godly geared ones) have their guild quests on the area often enough, shudn't they OWN the spot? Or is it that higher players own most game content and newer lower players sit at manshas til 60? - having no chance to catch in gear? Makes no sense, I don't even go to sausans for instance, got my knowledge on things there, did my quests in morning hours (which many cannot do).. am lvl 58 and enjoy the game, avoiding ppl like you and your UNSPOKEN RULES. *shakes head*

I think none of us OWNS anything! Cept for the developer, who owns the game.

Posted (edited)

An unspoken rule says that if it bleeds, it's good to breed.
So fuk em first to establish dominance and stare at them while you cut their throats, the throats of their friends and whoever just walk by to see what's going on.

Edited by Rayin

Posted (edited)

Are You Braindead? without Karmarolls u can easy get 180 000- 220 000 Karma Back per Hour(Mansha,Sausan etc). With roll 300-350 000 k per hour so stop talking bullshit. I did -1 000 000 to +300 000 in less than 4 hours there more than one time! .

Edited by Cloey

Posted

Are You Braindead? without Karmarolls u can easy get 180 000- 220 000 Karma Back per Hour(Mansha,Sausan etc). With roll 300-350 000 k per hour so stop talking bullshit. I did -1 000 000 to +300 000 in less than 4 hours there more than one time! .

True. The person you quoted was probably grinding in the desert, where you get FAR less karma per kill and kill less overall mobs. It takes me 4-5 times as long to grind 60k karma back at desert camps than it does at Mediah camps. 

Posted

It's kinda sad that there's one player in a hundred which actually makes parties with lower geared/leveled people to help them instead of just being douches.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "logo handicapé"