• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why do people say BDO is P2W?

86 posts in this topic

Posted

If people have hundreds of billions and still lose to me I feel bad. And guess what? I win a lot lol

There's no game where paying guarantees winning. That means P2W doesn't exist. Next topic, please.

Posted

after tthe fire bombs the west dropped on your country after ww2 ya have good reason to honestly.

Muricans are spoiled brats lol

The people who got bombed aren't the ones who are complaining tho

1 person likes this

Posted

Tbh, i never believed this game rly was p2w. A single item wont make a difference, but whenever i watch e.g. streamers on twitch. Their game seems like a completely different game to me having multiple maids, all the convenience outfits like the processing one or the cooking one, and also all the convenience enhancements such as +LT, tons of hundreds of storage slots. It kinda makes u wonder tho, if you would have more fun if u could also save all that time, if u could also snatch all the items u want off the marketplace no matter where u are and so on.

Posted

Because they never played a P2W MMO.

This.

They just repeat what they hear others say like parrots, or they're incredibly spoiled that god forbid they have to work a little for something.

Posted

Their game seems like a completely different game to me having multiple maids, all the convenience outfits like the processing one or the cooking one, and also all the convenience enhancements such as +LT, tons of hundreds of storage slots. It kinda makes u wonder tho, if you would have more fun if u could also save all that time, if u could also snatch all the items u want off the marketplace no matter where u are and so on.

Do you honestly want an answer to that? Think of how often you have to stop grinding because you can't carry any more. Think of how often you have to stop fishing because your inventory is full. Think of how much easier it is when you don't have to waste contribution points on town storage/stables/lodges. Think of how much easier it is when you use a lot less memory fragments when repairing your gear. Think of how much time you spend manually looting mobs. If half of those weren't tied to a single character I wouldn't think twice before spending (even more) money.

Posted

There are someThere arlly annoying inconvenience, but i would classifiy this game as P2W. I wouldn't like to see kakoe push that line any futhe

Posted

Do you honestly want an answer to that? Think of how often you have to stop grinding because you can't carry any more. Think of how often you have to stop fishing because your inventory is full. Think of how much easier it is when you don't have to waste contribution points on town storage/stables/lodges. Think of how much easier it is when you use a lot less memory fragments when repairing your gear. Think of how much time you spend manually looting mobs. If half of those weren't tied to a single character I wouldn't think twice before spending (even more) money.

It was a rhetorical question, we all know that you will have a lot more fun if u spend more money

Posted

Sad how the recent trend in the gaming industry has poisoned peoples minds into thinking these sorts of things are "normal". Used to be you could buy a game, maybe depending on the game pay a subscription fee, and that's it, anything beyond that you had to earn yourself by playing the game. Now people work fulltime jobs to buy pixels in games they already bought and think it's not only normal, but expected.

Pretty much this. How did we go from paying $5-15 a month to paying ~$160 to max out your looting speed with pets? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Alot of convenience and P2Fast in a infinite progression game. not direct P2W. But if you paid 600$ you can reach on 3 week a 9 month player old gearscore.

Posted

P2w is having to spend mandatory money to gain needed stat for benefit. It certainly is in a grey area considering most can bboughtvia auction house, while is also luck dependant if u get. We also gotfree loyalty shop to cover mandatory items such as elion tear, weight incr, char slots. Ontop of this u cannot playertrade which would get u insane amount of silver as u can from gold sellers in every other mmorpg, while u can sell costumes for ok amount of silver if u compare it to endgame gearing costs (while for most not possible due to high irl cost). All in all the irl costs in this game r similiar or lower compared to other mmorpgs cash shop potential and subs/expansion prices, and p2w is as present or nonexistant as any other game. After all PA needs to make money and they hit a sweet spot not going full retard like archeage.

Posted

This is my life skills char at the time I am posting this.

2017-02-11_245754245.thumb.jpg.78d3c58f6

I 've bought my first 2 pets after 4 months of starting playing. Bought another two on Black Friday Sales.
I 've bought Value Pack for every month I played (while it was available) and got 2 from the MP too.
I 've bought $30 horse resets when T6 was max Tier (waste of money)
I 've bought Artisan Memories.
I 've bought costumes from Pear Shop and some from MP
I bought Shark Costume.
I have probably bought some other cosmetic (or plain stupid) stuff I don't recall right now.

In the picture I am chopping wood for crates. I don't have the costume for it. I only have +LT with loyalties (and in game items ofc)
In the picture I am No1 Cooking. I don't have the canapé costume.
In the picture I am No5 wealth. Artisan Memories did make me some hundreds millions but keep in mind I easily make ~100m daily if I care to anyway. So, it certainly is not the reason for my silver. It could be for a select few others. But they don't play the game at all. They just enchant all the time, nothing else.
Shark costume is just for fun since underwater gathering is quite limited.

Of course this is just indicative and may change as I  type this. There are many players much richer and higher than I am. But Channel-wise I rarely get less than 4 badges and I am always in the rankings (except for fishing and RBF).

This game has p2w aspects in the sense that paying a lot of money will put you ahead of the competition for a couple months. The further ahead you get the more difficult it is to advance and eventually the field will even out. P2W is less important and less effective the higher you get/the more you play. P2W is more effective when you are new player. Time > P2W in all cases. A player with infinite time will be ahead of the player with infinite money. The game allows to make a lot of silver while afk 90% of the time (with certain methods) if you wish to, or make even more while active.

Pets are the most p2w item, especially for new players.
Artisan Memories are the most p2w item for medium players.
Time is the most important factor for older players (and all players tbh).
Spending $500 will get you ahead of those who don't for a couple months. But they will catch up to you.
Luck can also propel you several months ahead of the competition, but it is not something you can control.
P2W will never get you God-tier status (roll a wizard for this, free and ez).

Game is as p2w as is "a PvP game". Neither is true in the absolute sense. But it is true in the sense that both PvP and p2w are available but not obligatory or even necessary :) 

5 people like this

Posted

Well it is p2w ---> Play to Win.

You won't be good in this game if you don't play it. Duuuuh

Posted

There are basically two different P2W screamers, and neither are correct.

1: F2P monkeys who see any advantage as a personal attack. Most of these monkeys would even consider exp boosts an advantage in MMOs because THEY can't have them. Most of these people are completely clueless.

2: People who can't do math. This one is specific to BDO. Most people look at the pearl section of the AH and cringe from P2W. But most of us just see it as farming idiots for cheap costumes. Costumes in this game are very expensive in $$$. But they sell for next to nothing in silver. 22-24 mill is the norm I believe. Now there's also the 5 item limit per week for selling pearl items. So we basically have a hard cap of about 110-120mill per week if you're spending a whopping $120-150 USD or so I believe (at work and Canadian so I forget the exact price for costumes) per week for only 110-120mill. You're paying literally more than $1 per mill. That's garbage tier terrible. Even for whales. That's effectively around like 18 weeks of selling cash items, 5 a week, spending basically $ per mill to get a pen LIVERTO mainhand wep. If people wanna do that, then man, I say we let 'em.

With (now) artisan 6 fishing, I can AfK about 7-10mill worth of fish in a day at the velia beach hotspot, not counting relics which I get around 5-10 a day which make up about 1 mill each if you do the scrolls. That's just from letting BDO run. If you actively farm silver from life skills or even just grinding you make -way- more. People spending $120+ to get 120ish mill a week doesn't even phase me. It speaks to the stupidity and wastefulness of any whale who would ever bother to do it. They're effectively just paying for this game so we don't have to, and can enjoy such a minimalistic "p2w" shop.

I didn't touch on some things like artisan memory because it merely saves you money, and not actively gets you money.

I also didn't touch on horse resets because they're very expensive and RNG is heavily favoured to screw you long before you make any money. It also still requires a ton of ingame time training horses so it is by no means fast when you could just be Afk fishing instead.

EDIT: apologies for any rushed parts or typos. At work and, y'know, s'posed to be working. Pushed out this post before I forgot.

Didnt touch on some things cause it merely saves you money,and not actively gets you money....Really?Really now?So if I sell 2/3 of my mem fragments and use artisans with the remaining aint I making money?If I enchant liverto's and blue awakenings with artisans and then sell em I aint getting money? Oh you didnt touch horse resets as well how convenient.....

Posted

Didnt touch on some things cause it merely saves you money,and not actively gets you money....Really?Really now?So if I sell 2/3 of my mem fragments and use artisans with the remaining aint I making money?If I enchant liverto's and blue awakenings with artisans and then sell em I aint getting money? Oh you didnt touch horse resets as well how convenient.....

He  also choosed ( how surprising / irony ) to forget

the weight to "grind" way longer ( around 600 "free in game" vs 750 weight only via cash shop ) that buy you a lot of grind time, so money.

Cash shop furniture spam for r1 house = lot of passive money income

just the value pack with the taxe reduction if you sell a lot on the market ( or the loot boost with the 90days one )

there where just smart enough to not run a obvious p2w buisiness and "hide" that a bit more, that's why you have load of ppl still going out with "BDO is convenience" kappaface.png?1

Posted

He  also choosed ( how surprising / irony ) to forget

the weight to "grind" way longer ( around 600 "free in game" vs 750 weight only via cash shop ) that buy you a lot of grind time, so money.

Cash shop furniture spam for r1 house = lot of passive money income

just the value pack with the taxe reduction if you sell a lot on the market ( or the loot boost with the 90days one )

there where just smart enough to not run a obvious p2w buisiness and "hide" that a bit more, that's why you have load of ppl still going out with "BDO is convenience" kappaface.png?1

I can farm non stop as well by rotating my army of maids and I need repair only once per 3 hours with my full branded set, my 4T4 pets pick up everything while giving me another 12% xp, while my 1350 weight is enough to keep going for an hour before I need to head to my T8 horse with 18 skills to unload....But really this is all not necessary and a f2p player can achieve same if his day has 48 hours.....

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I can farm non stop as well by rotating my army of maids and I need repair only once per 3 hours with my full branded set, my 4T4 pets pick up everything while giving me another 12% xp, while my 1350 weight is enough to keep going for an hour before I need to head to my T8 horse with 18 skills to unload....But really this is all not necessary and a f2p player can achieve same if his day has 48 hours.....

ahahah

See ! i dont get why ppl claim that game is p2w /irony

Edited by woots

Posted

I've heared everyone say Bdo is pay 2 win is it true I've not come so far in the game so idk

well did u try a game without pearl item at all?If no try it.And latter try with 4 tier 4 pet,5-8 maids,exetend bag ( spec and weight) and try enchnting with artisian memory ( like 200-500) .End at the end inta Res for pvp karma bombs,if u fight for spot.

If after ths u thinking that bdo is not p2w u ae just a fanboy and I can,t help u.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For anybody who says this game is P2W, has clearly never played an actual P2W game.  The advantages you get here aren't really worth the investment you put in.  Most of the stuff in this game is convenience; meaning you spend less time and we aren't talking years for a proper scope.  It's more like weeks when you factor in playing the game as well.  

An actual P2W game, you drop thousands and you get the in-game equivalent of that in terms of gear/attempts; months worth of time.  In BD, you get weeks only.  Big difference.  I have never dropped hundreds(I really like costumes and pets heh) and felt like I was months ahead of another player.  That still stands, you can be ahead of players who drop hundreds/thousands every month if you have enough time to play more then they do.  In an actual P2W, that doesn't stand.  You pay to bypass those players, that isn't happening here.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

P2w is having to spend mandatory money to gain needed stat for benefit. It certainly is in a grey area considering most can bboughtvia auction house, while is also luck dependant if u get. We also gotfree loyalty shop to cover mandatory items such as elion tear, weight incr, char slots. Ontop of this u cannot playertrade which would get u insane amount of silver as u can from gold sellers in every other mmorpg, while u can sell costumes for ok amount of silver if u compare it to endgame gearing costs (while for most not possible due to high irl cost). All in all the irl costs in this game r similiar or lower compared to other mmorpgs cash shop potential and subs/expansion prices, and p2w is as present or nonexistant as any other game. After all PA needs to make money and they hit a sweet spot not going full retard like archeage.

The loyalty weight increase is caped at 4x50LT though. Would be different if they allowed you to stack up to the same amout as is avalible in the pearl shop.

Posted

I've heared everyone say Bdo is pay 2 win is it true I've not come so far in the game so idk

Because they are whiny, entitled children who don't understand the first thing about the words they are using. They need something to cry about in order to validate themselves.

Bottom line is, it isn't.

well did u try a game without pearl item at all?If no try it.And latter try with 4 tier 4 pet,5-8 maids,exetend bag ( spec and weight) and try enchnting with artisian memory ( like 200-500) .End at the end inta Res for pvp karma bombs,if u fight for spot.

If after ths u thinking that bdo is not p2w u ae just a fanboy and I can,t help u.

I don't play with any pearl items. 

Those "requirements" are 100% player made, in your own mind. Nothing of the sort is required to enjoy the full game. Now stop it.

Posted

Because they are whiny, entitled children who don't understand the first thing about the words they are using. They need something to cry about in order to validate themselves.

Those "requirements" are 100% player made, in your own mind. Nothing of the sort is required to enjoy the full game. Now stop it.

Go to a nodewar with 450 lt weight and thenI come and tell me how much you actually spent pvping and how much running back and forth to town to get potions, i ll bet that the time is almost equally splitI between those two....if that is what you call enjoy the full game I m at a loss really.....

1 person likes this

Posted

When you bought your game, you had to decide between packs.I assume you read their description before you spent your money? That's enough to know. Many people think that any form of advantage (Travelers or Explorers package instead of Starters package) is already P2W.

Still they bought the game, knowing there are a few cash shop items, and now flooding the forums with their hysterial P2W crap. Some guys even made avatars about it, it's a bit like crazy religious fanatics, no idea.

Posted

Your post seem to indicate that you have reached the point of inconvenience frustration where you are starting to take it out on other forum users and players.

There are 3 cures to your current state:

1. Swipe

2. Rethink your moral standpoint on the matter.

3. Quit

Posted

Go to a nodewar with 450 lt weight and thenI come and tell me how much you actually spent pvping and how much running back and forth to town to get potions, i ll bet that the time is almost equally splitI between those two....if that is what you call enjoy the full game I m at a loss really.....

Newsflash - that's not required. As a matter of fact, node wars aren't required either. They are a tiny, tiny portion of the game. And a tiny, tiny portion of players participate in.

Node wars are not the game, lol.

Your post seem to indicate that you have reached the point of inconvenience frustration where you are starting to take it out on other forum users and players.

There are 3 cures to your current state:

1. Swipe

2. Rethink your moral standpoint on the matter.

3. Quit

You used a bunch of words, but said nothing. Give it another try, and I'll have a conversation with you. Promise.

Posted

C2_j58XWEAYqDgK.jpg:large

Judging from your Bow Crystals, How are you able to farm effectively (or pvp) without going nuts from MP pots addictions ?

I tried the power crystals (cheap +5 AP) for a day, on my Bow, and couldn't stand the freaking MP pots spam i had to deal with to keep farming some monsters ... went back to town, and changed my setup immediately back to the MC of infinity - Extraction.

Open question for everyone.

(PS) : playing mostly on awakening stance.