• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[poll] Harpoon Fishing and Epheria Sailboat

Harpoon Fishing and Epheria Sailboat   190 votes

1. 1. Should PearlAbyss/Kakao update Thin Harpoon and Thick Harpoon to be usable on an Epheria Sailboat?

• Yes please.
    • I don't care.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Should PearlAbyss/Kakao update Thin Harpoon and Thick Harpoon to be usable on an Epheria Sailboat?

Fishers unite!

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yes. It is really silly that you craft a ship intended for Margoria waters with the hazards etc. and introduce weekly fishing quests that require harpoon fishing; yet you can't use the Epheria Sailboat that took so long to craft for that very purpose, to use the harpoon to catch the harpoon fish species required.

Or indeed simply to fish for the harpoon fish species they introduced with the Margoria expansion.

Forcing players to switch to a Fishing Boat simply to catch 1-2 harpoon species for these quests and sail out to the middle of Margoria to catch them in a flimsy Fishing Boat makes no sense.

The harpoon tooltip does state it requires a Fishing Boat but this was before ships were available and presumably just to stop them being used on islands etc.

- Description: 
A Gathering Tool made for catching deep sea fish. Some fish can only be caught with a harpoon. - It requires a Fishing Boat to use.

This should now be changed as suggested to It requires a Fishing Boat, Epheria Sailboat or guild Galley to use.

Edited by Moonraker
11 people like this

Posted

Can't believe it's impossible to use harpoons on the epheria boat. Hope this gets changed in some future patch

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

For reals?  This is a no brainer...  hell they should make the harpoon be a thing you attach to the ship and have the minigame be like the ine in Monster Hunter where you shoot out a harpoon net and catch like 5+ fish at a time!

My boats not ready yet but dam...  this is upsetting.  Like...  what even man?!

Edited by Zegram
4 people like this

Posted

If it stays this way, harpoon fishing might as well be taken out of the game. I crossed the Margoria twice on my fishing boat, not eager to repeat the experience now I have an Epheria boat.

2 people like this

Posted

This is surely an oversight!

Posted

Should PearlAbyss/Kakao update Thin Harpoon and Thick Harpoon to be usable on an Epheria Sailboat?

Fishers unite!

hell yes, as moonraker says, its silly considering the weekly fishing quests. Shouldnt be to much of a hassle correcting it for the devs.

1 person likes this

Posted

While I'm not normally one for jumping in on these kinds of threads, I do agree with the OP.  I love doing Harpoon Fishing in the game and was very sad to learn that you can't use it on the sailboat/galley.  While in the Margoria sea, you have to contend with Ninesharks (whether constantly dodging them or facing off with them) and Pirate vessels (same as before, dodging or engaging) and with a fishing boat, you are asking for a long swim. 

For the game to require us to use our fishing boat to accomplish the weekly quest for the sailboat pattern (among other goodies) is just cruel and unusual punishment.  Please include these new ship designs in a future patch to be added to the list for the Harpoon.  Thanks Kakao/Pearl Abyss for your time and such an amazing game.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 from me on this.

And while they are at it, can they let us equip our "Old Totem of the Sea"?

I have only tried to upgrade mine 5 times so far, I hear I have another 12 to go i think before it pops xD

Posted (edited)

I think you'd find the accuracy of harpooning from a vessel the size of the Epheria Sailboat to be ineffective. A Fishing Boat size makes more sense.

Remember, the Sailboat is intended as a trade ship.

This is surely an oversight!

Why would you think that?

Edited by Lethality

Posted

Why would you think that?

because all of what Moonraker said.

tl;dr : concomitance of the addition of the boat and the harpoon weekly maybe?

1 person likes this

Posted

What we need is the ability to add things onto our ship through the boat crafting houses, additional cannons, a fixed harpoon gun that can be repaired at wharf manager, a fishing chair with an umbrella and a beer cooler xD

2 people like this

Posted

working as intended as you can't have your cake and eat it too, on a seriousnote this needs to be fixed but unless kr fixed it then its not gonna be fixed here.

Posted

I think you'd find the accuracy of harpooning from a vessel the size of the Epheria Sailboat to be ineffective. A Fishing Boat size makes more sense.

The whole harpooning doesn't make sense. Is there anything left from a cuttlefish after it's been peppered with 10 harpoons?

Posted

The whole harpooning doesn't make sense. Is there anything left from a cuttlefish after it's been peppered with 10 harpoons?

i can reel in a whale alone, in high heels on a boat built with less than 60LT of materials (whatever an LT is, i can put 20+ boats in my bagpack for comparison) without it rolling upside down... We're fishing on the moon man.

Posted

+1

bump

Posted

i can reel in a whale alone, in high heels on a boat built with less than 60LT of materials (whatever an LT is, i can put 20+ boats in my bagpack for comparison) without it rolling upside down... We're fishing on the moon man.

You can't put boats in your inventory. 

Posted

@CM_Aethon please answer something...

Posted

You can't put boats in your inventory. 

OK i can put 20 x 60 LT in my bag. I'm estimating the weight of my fishing boat, and it's less than that :

thK0WG2EZM.thumb.jpg.b9674d1ddab6bf66047

Posted

OK i can put 20 x 60 LT in my bag. I'm estimating the weight of my fishing boat, and it's less than that :

thK0WG2EZM.thumb.jpg.b9674d1ddab6bf66047

So you want it to be realistic simulator, like need a full party to carry 1 chopped down tree ?

shoot out a harpoon net and catch like 5+ fish at a time

Why not 100 fish at a time, minimum 5 seems a little low.

Seriously guys, there are some mechanics that are intended. Some stuff has to be gathered manually, and it's a GOOD thing that you still need fishboat to catch some harpoon fish, and have a little risk in that.

Posted

So you want it to be realistic simulator, like need a full party to carry 1 chopped down tree ?

Why not 100 fish at a time, minimum 5 seems a little low.

Seriously guys, there are some mechanics that are intended. Some stuff has to be gathered manually, and it's a GOOD thing that you still need fishboat to catch some harpoon fish, and have a little risk in that..

i want nothing except being able to harpoon from my Sailboat and not have to sail  Epheria Nada + an extra Port Ratt -> Margoria Nada -> Port Ratt -> Nada for balls.
also not being told how unrealistic it is by a random know-it-all would be an extra bonus, thankfully, i'm free to dream whatever i want.

but since I am a clever gril, i'll just let an alt sit there with his ass in a fishing boat.

2 people like this