• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[poll] Harpoon Fishing and Epheria Sailboat

Harpoon Fishing and Epheria Sailboat   190 votes

1. 1. Should PearlAbyss/Kakao update Thin Harpoon and Thick Harpoon to be usable on an Epheria Sailboat?

• Yes please.
    • I don't care.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Why not 100 fish at a time, minimum 5 seems a little low.

Seriously guys, there are some mechanics that are intended. Some stuff has to be gathered manually, and it's a GOOD thing that you still need fishboat to catch some harpoon fish, and have a little risk in that.

It's beyond dumb that you cant use a sailboat, which is basically an upgraded version of the fishing boat, to do the same kind of deep sea fishing.  So you probably haven't played Monster Hunter to understand what I'm referring to but they had a similar type of harpoon fishing thing but instead you cast out a net and it would randomly catch like 5-7 fish or something... seeing as harpooning becomes available at professional 5 or whatever.  

Is it really that much to ask for to change the system a bit so its better than regular fishing?  If not then how about we make harpoon/net fishing a master 15 thing and call it good so high level fishers have something to work toward.  Harpooning as it stands right now is pointless, fun but really pointless, and the fact that it cant be used on a sailboat is just like mind blowing... like so much so that I just think its an oversight is all.  There is simply no way it cant be an intended mechanic.

1 person likes this

Posted

I get your point, but it's a trade ship and not a fishing ship. 

Berzerker can't chop wood with his axe, that's also fine. Some of you would go hysterical about it I guess.

I guess I'm the only one who likes actually a bit of challenge in games, the danger going out in open ocean with a fishing boat to do some harpooning, was pretty nice. While you pussies prefer to be unkillable, and want "at least 5 fish in one go".

Posted

5 fishes at a time, we already got that : triple float + energy cast. meow.

Posted

Berzerker can't chop wood with his axe, that's also fine. Some of you would go hysterical about it I guess.

I guess I'm the only one who likes actually a bit of challenge in games, the danger going out in open ocean with a fishing boat to do some harpooning, was pretty nice. While you pussies prefer to be unkillable, and want "at least 5 fish in one go".

No, we just want progresion to lead to greater rewards. That's how games work. If i drive out into the dangerous vast ocean I want it to be more profitable and productive than driving twenty feet off the dock.

If I spend a whole month logging and gathering supplies to build a new boat that takes me over two weeks to build I want it to be usable for the things I enjoy doing. Who are you hurting by letting people harpoon off these boats? 

Posted

Na we just prefer it to make sense...  why not make harpoons equipable on the boat and develop the system further?  

And dude really...  I mean either add to the discussion in a way that contributes something or GTFO you turd.  SMH...  challenge and harpooning being uttered in the same sentence...

Posted

Why use a harpoon when you can shoot things with cannons?! Who needs fish in one piece when you can have them in many?!

Seriously though, I'll make sure we get that looked into guys.

11 people like this

Posted

Why use a harpoon when you can shoot things with cannons?! Who needs fish in one piece when you can have them in many?!

because imperial traders don't want tuna in thousand pieces :(
I don't know why but they want in one piece :(

Posted

Thank you. :D

Posted

yes, exactly, having tin ore in the boat inventory and shooting cannonballs should transform the tin into these :

th.thumb.jpg.5505784f7436bf193a55ff90b7f

Rex be happy. Port Ratt has no dog yumyum on sale.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah not being able to harpoon from the sailboat just sucks. 

Posted

Na we just prefer it to make sense...  why not make harpoons equipable on the boat and develop the system further?  

And dude really...  I mean either add to the discussion in a way that contributes something or GTFO you turd.  SMH...  challenge and harpooning being uttered in the same sentence...

Poor aggressive salty kid can't harpoon on ship... go to mummy and whine lol

Posted

Poor aggressive salty kid can't harpoon on ship... go to mummy and whine lol

I have no more words for you...  I feel like you dont understand what is being talked about or are high or something...  but there is definitely something off with you bud, good luck with that.

Posted

since when is harpooning "challenging" or any "danger" involved ? 
you just set the autopath to the edge of juur sea then move a meter into margoria sea and start harpooning for the weekly 
no danger, no challenge it only takes longer to get to the point and the harpooning itself takes roughly 30 sec per fish

atleast let us harpoon the sailboat like in archeage to tow the fish boat there xD

Posted

If it stays this way, harpoon fishing might as well be taken out of the game.

Doubt anyone would miss it. Fvck harpoon fishing.

Posted

since when is harpooning "challenging" or any "danger" involved ? 
you just set the autopath to the edge of juur sea then move a meter into margoria sea and start harpooning for the weekly 
no danger, no challenge it only takes longer to get to the point and the harpooning itself takes roughly 30 sec per fish

atleast let us harpoon the sailboat like in archeage to tow the fish boat there xD

Well, some of us have to Travel to the next Margoria Sea for our master level target Bigeye Tuna. That weekly quest is different depending on what fishing level you are.

All the same, I don't care about the quest as much as I do the basic functionality of the boat.

If this was going to be a ship intended for trade only they should have released a second ship intended for fishing. Less weight and more inventory.

Posted (edited)

Regular fishing is possible from this ship, so why not harpooning? It doesn't make sense to make the one possible and exclude the other. If there is a reason for this choice, I would like to know what it is.

Edited by Ashni

Posted

LOVE to see this, great job CM_Aethon!

Posted

Thank you!

I just got my sail boat and was very disappointed to see you can't harpoon with it. Getting to the central Margoria area for Yellowfin Tuna. is a pain in the butt on the fishing boat (especially after using the sail boat) and so much so I probably won't bother with the weekly fishing quest.

Another idea is just move the Yellowfin Tuna drops to a closer area (either Margoria South or Margoria North) or not require harpoon and put in regular fishing loot table like Marlin and Greater Amberjack (which I'm sure you already know the quest text is wrong "Chinese Mackerel").

Posted

Thank you!

I just got my sail boat and was very disappointed to see you can't harpoon with it. Getting to the central Margoria area for Yellowfin Tuna. is a pain in the butt on the fishing boat (especially after using the sail boat) and so much so I probably won't bother with the weekly fishing quest.

Another idea is just move the Yellowfin Tuna drops to a closer area (either Margoria South or Margoria North) or not require harpoon and put in regular fishing loot table like Marlin and Greater Amberjack (which I'm sure you already know the quest text is wrong "Chinese Mackerel").

Maybe not so easy. Just put this harpoon usable on this damn sailboat! So painfull to switch each time seriously!

Posted

Shameless bump after spending 30 mins looking at all these fish swim past me.

any update for us @CM_Aethon