• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FPS issue possible fix for it - NVidia Only GPU's

106 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello to all,

I think i have finally over come the FPS issues in BDO. 

I had contacted the BDO staff on numerous occasions, but to no avail and all the answers i got was "We are aware of the issues, please keep an eye out for future updates/patches".
Well i did just that for almost 6 months, waiting and waiting... But nothing...
So out of frustration as like many other players i created a post about me leaving the game because of it, but for some reason after sending my post through the support ticket, it was deleted or removed as i get an error now when i try to go to it, so i dont know what happened to it. As i wanted to post this solution in their so i wouldnt flood the forums with the same topic posts.

Anyhow i got a response from a GM through the ticket and they had told me this....

"Hi

First of all I'm really sorry for the FPS issues, As I see in the closed tickets you have got answer from our staff - however you are right we aren't fixed the issue yet.

Long story in a nutshell: nvidia drivers has issues sine the driver 362 - if you revert your current one, you will see the difference - and the nvidia is trying to patch it many times - however they're focusing on the new architecture / new cards.

Sadly this issue is affects the high end nvidia cards as well - 1000 series and titans as well.

Our tech team is treating this with the highest priority. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do as customer support ;(

Issues like these are complicated and there is many different things that could be the cause.

However, I hope that you will continue to enjoy Black Desert Online once these issues have been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you have further questions or need assistance."

So i tried to revert my drivers back to 362.00, but i couldnt, so i contacted the NVidia support team to see why i couldnt do it, but they gave me some other steps to try first before installing the 362.00 driver and now it seemed to fix the issue, so now i have been testing it over the passed couple of days and its solved the FPS issue for me. Its still not 100% but i can go through major towns now @50 FPS and play the game in open world @70 FPS, much better then what i was getting before which was 20 FPS in major towns and 55 FPS open world (if i was lucky). 
Its still not 100% but at least i can play the game now, HOORAY ! ! !

So now im going to list the procedure and settings that the NVidia Team gave me and see if this will help fix all of your issues as well, if it doesnt i strongly recommend contacting NVidia Support Team yourself, as they are probably well more better equipped then the BDO Support ticket staff to solve this issue as they were the ones that fixed the FPS issue for me.

Here are the steps. This is for FULL SCREEN mode only as this is all i used, so not sure how it would go with the other screen settings.

Step 1. Download the latest NVidia drivers, if you have already got it then reinstall it, but before you go ahead and just install/reinstall it read step 2.

This following step is very IMPORTANT! Do exactly how i explained it.
Step 2. During the installation make sure you select Custom (Advanced) while installing the graphics driver and on the next screen place a check mark on perform a clean install.

Step 3. Then once that is done, then open up your NVidia Control Panel. Right click anywhere on your desktop and it should be there in your secondary menu option.

Step 4. Then go to "Manage 3d Settings" and then select "Program Settings". If the BDO file isnt located in there you may have to add it manually, which i have provided the steps on how to do that after these steps.

Step 5. Change your settings to these settings..... (Make sure the game is closed or reload/reboot the game for the changes to take affect)
Anisotropic Filtering                                                   ---   4x
Antialising - Mode                                                      ---   Enhance the Application Setting
Antialising - Setting                                                    ---   4x
Antialising - Transparency                                          ---   Multisample (for performance) OR 2x (supersample) (this is for quality)  ---> I personally chose the Multisample option
Power Management Mode                                         ---   Prefer Maximum Performance
Shader Cache                                                            ---   Off
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimisation   ---   Off
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias                        ---   Clamp
Texture Filtering - Quality                                           ---   High Performance
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimisation                    ---   On
Triple Buffing                                                              ---   On
Vertical Sync                                                               ---   Off
--- Now just APPLY, in the bottom right hand corner.

Step 6. Load up game and go to "settings" and reset the "Display Settings" and then readjust the settings to how you like it. This is option is merely a personal preference as i did it just to refresh the settings.

And thats it your done!

Please leave a comment in this post IF this has fixed or not fixed your issue, as ill use this post to show the NVidia staff member thats helped me, so they can see how many other players are affected by this FPS issue/problem.

If you dont know how to find the game file to add it to the control panel, here are the steps for that procedure,

Step 1. Load and login into the game as normal.

Step 2. Alt-Tab or minimize the game, but keep it running in the back ground.

Step 3. Right Click on your task bar and select "TASK MANAGER" Then in bottom right hand corner select "MORE DETAILS" if it isnt selected already.

Step 4. Click on "NAME" to make sure that the list is assorted alphabetically.

Step 5. Select the file BlackDesert64.exe and then right click and select "Open File Location"

Step 6. It will then open up a window, then after it opens go to your NVidia Control Panel (Step 3 & 4. in first steps above these steps)

Step 7. Where it says 1. Select a program to customise: click on the ADD box to add the BDO program file.

Step 8. Follow the address from the opened window. The default address is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64" But sometimes it can be different from PC to PC.

Thats it your done!

I am very curious on how many peoples gaming will improve now after this....

*** EDITED-UPDATED 14/02/2017 ****

Ok, i got the questioned answered by the NVidia support team.
Some people have asked the question "Also why would you use triple buffering without vsync? "
Here is the answer that NVidia gave me....

"Hello Combat Killer,

Triple buffering simply buffers one extra frame to the CPU instead of two. This extra frame gives enough time to correct more issues such as frame tearing and Vsync.

Vsync will limit the FPS count to the refresh rate of the monitor. So that is why we suggested to use triple buffering without Vsync.

Best regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care"

So it appears that TRIPLE BUFFERING works with and without vsync.

Edited by CombatKiller
Added a step. Added more info and change the title.
7 people like this

Posted (edited)

I did everything u did here and will post if it worked or not.. still thx for sharing :)

Update: It didnt work. It made it worse somehow lol

Edited by Medma
edit
1 person likes this

Posted

Wow you have done so much leg work to find a fix.  I commend you good um... person.  Your step by step instructions are very well written out, heck even I will have no trouble following along.  Have not as yet attempted it, but I will give it a go.  Thank you for your hard work.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

same, if not worse 

980ti x2 

Edited by Claydough
1 person likes this

Posted

When playing on Olvia1 chanel, I still get 20-30fps in Heidel, so nothing changed for me with those settings.

I'm sorry, but this respond from BDO team is pure garbage. Nvidia has nothing to do with it. The game just isn't optimised well so we could get 60fps stable at all times.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Do you guys have "Instant Replay" on your Geforce experience turned off?  Alt+Z in game and see if it's turned off.  If it is, try turning it on and see if it makes some changes in your FPS.

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

Do you guys have "Instant Replay" on your Geforce experience turned off?  Alt+Z in game and see if it's turned off.  If it is, try turning it on and see if it makes some changes in your FPS.

Even with Geforce Experience uninstalled, my fps is still not the way its supposed to be :(

Posted (edited)

When playing on Olvia1 chanel, I still get 20-30fps in Heidel, so nothing changed for me with those settings.

I'm sorry, but this respond from BDO team is pure garbage. Nvidia has nothing to do with it. The game just isn't optimised well so we could get 60fps stable at all times.

I call complete and utter bullshit on this. This is my frame rate on a consistent basis inside Heidel using an Radeon R9 390.

1c6BP1P.jpg

What evidence or knowledge do you have on whether BDO is optimized or not?

Edited by iKaneki_Ken
5 people like this

Posted

I call complete and utter bullshit on this. This is my frame rate on a consistent basis inside Heidel using an Radeon R9 390.

1c6BP1P.jpg

Sorry but you are complete wrong here in the sense that it is.

Its a known fact BDO isn't a optimized for today's tech. It's clear as day. Hahahaha

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sorry but you are complete wrong here in the sense that it is.

Its a known fact BDO isn't a optimized for today's tech. It's clear as day. Hahahaha

My frame rate says otherwise, it's clear as day that this game bolstering the graphical fidelity that it is in a TRUE OPEN WORLD setting is doing the best it can with the hardware available, but the forum folk don't seem to understand that there are limits to everything.

Also, how is it a known fact? Have you or anyone else been able to reverse engineer BDO and find out how the game works? Because if you haven't, stop spouting bullshit please, you're making yourself sound like an inaccurate Liberal.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken
1 person likes this

Posted

1c6BP1P.jpg

What evidence?

I have a Nvidia 1070 and the game runs like shit.

That's the evidence. 

Posted (edited)

What evidence?

I have a Nvidia 1070 and the game runs like shit.

That's the evidence. 

Okay, but I have a graphics card the is less powerful than a GTX 1070, and the game performs awesomely for me. I get no frame stutters, no lag spikes.

The thing I find funny is you think that because you're running a nVidia card, that everything should run awesomely, that isn't anywhere near the truth, what evidence do I have for that claim? The fact that you're using a nVidia GTX 1070 and BDO is running like garbage, and the fact that I'm using an AMD Radeon R9 390 and the game is running awesomely.

Also one last piece of evidence to support my case, every thread that I've seen started up RECENTLY that are complaining about frame issues are coming from users using nVidia cards. Haven't seen anyone using an AMD card complain about frame issues so far.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

Okay, but I have a graphics card the is less powerful than a GTX 1070, and the game performs awesomely for me. I get no frame stutters, no lag spikes.

The thing I find funny is you think that because you're running a nVidia card, that everything should run awesomely, that isn't anywhere near the truth, what evidence do I have for that claim? The fact that you're using a nVidia GTX 1070 and BDO is running like garbage, and the fact that I'm using an AMD Radeon R9 390 and the game is running awesomely.

Also one last piece of evidence to support my case, every thread that I've seen started up RECENTLY that are complaining about frame issues are coming from users using nVidia cards. Haven't seen anyone using an AMD card complain about frame issues so far.

What do you mean by "awesomely"? 

What FPS are we talking about. A steady 60?

Posted

What do you mean by "awesomely"? 

What FPS are we talking about. A steady 60?

Inside of Heidel, as I've already shown inside the screenshot I provided, I get a steady 44-47 FPS, which is COMPLETELY understandable for an MMORPG main HUB that mass amounts of players congregate to.

Posted

I just tried these settings and made Pirate island drop 15 or so FPS to point i was stuttering. Went back to old settings.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some of these settings seem odd. eg triple buffering improves performance when vsync is on, but you have vsync off. Ans Shader cache is there to reduce load on cpu but you have it off!

Is there a reason?

Posted (edited)

1c6BP1P.jpg

Maybe ramp up those graphic settings? Slightly high is like medium setting. You can't talk like it runs "awesomely" if you only run med settings and don't know if the other person runs ultra 

Edited by Jin-
5 people like this

Posted

Just another blind white knight who clearly doesn't see that other people are having the same problems. 

Posted

slightly high is pretty much high with less draw distance on some things.its not medium at all

Posted

you literally just admitted that most users reporting fps problems are using nvidia card WHICH MEANS ITS NOT -----ING OPTIMIZED FOR SHIT DUMBASS AT LEAST FOR NVIDIA. Not t mention there's thousands of reports of the shit optimization ever since the game released. Shut up and stop arguing about something you'll never win scrublord

Posted (edited)

2ee6c89af0adf8d284147474021b5bd7.gif

I come for the comments and entertainment. That's about it. This is like the /r/BDO Subreddit. 

Edited by Paislee
5 people like this

Posted

you literally just admitted that most users reporting fps problems are using nvidia card WHICH MEANS ITS NOT -----ING OPTIMIZED FOR SHIT DUMBASS AT LEAST FOR NVIDIA. Not t mention there's thousands of reports of the shit optimization ever since the game released. Shut up and stop arguing about something you'll never win scrublord

People using nVidia cards are also experiencing a lot of issues in a good amount of games as well, what's your excuse for that?

Posted (edited)

So i have been reading everyones responses and im finding it very interesting that IF you have followed my guide and it still isnt fixed then maybe it has to do with the individual.

Maybe you all might have to contact NVidia like i did and ask them for help as i did, here is the LIVE CHAT i used. http://www.nvidia.com/object/support.html

I am just finding it very weird that this worked for me, but it hasnt worked for eveyone else.

Here is my FPS...

Open World

Open World 72.JPG

Open World 69.JPG

Heidel near storage as this is where it drops badly

Heidel Storage 41.JPG

Heidel Storage 39.JPG

When i walk through Heidel

Heidel Normal 52.JPG

Edited by CombatKiller

Posted (edited)

So i have been reading everyones responses and im finding it very interesting that IF you have followed my guide and it still isnt fixed then maybe it has to do with the individual.

Maybe you all might have to contact NVidia like i did and ask them for help as i did, here is the LIVE CHAT i used. http://www.nvidia.com/object/support.html

I am just finding it very weird that this worked for me, but it hasnt worked for eveyone else.

Here is my FPS...

Open World

Open World 72.JPG

Open World 69.JPG

Heidel near storage as this is where it drops badly

Heidel Storage 41.JPG

Heidel Storage 39.JPG

When i walk through Heidel

Heidel Normal 52.JPG

squeezed some extra fps on my new gpu w this :DD.is there any graphic quality drop in the lights or anything by doing this? didnt notice at a glance

Edited by LinaCrysta

Posted

squeezed some extra fps on my new gpu w this.is there any graphic quality drop in the lights or anything by doing this? didnt notice at a glance

Well i dont know, cause im not a graphical incentric person, so i dont really pay that much attention to fine detail.
For me as the graphics look good and the game play is smooth and i sit above 60 FPS, its all good with me.