• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FPS issue possible fix for it - NVidia Only GPU's

106 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well i dont know, cause im not a graphical incentric person, so i dont really pay that much attention to fine detail.For me as the graphics look good and the game play is smooth and i sit above 60 FPS, its all good with me.

yeah if i dont notice at a glance prolly dosent matter then xD thanks alot for this.getting 59-61 out of towns,45-49 in heidel with 1050TI 4gb with these settings.before i was getting around 48~54 outside and around 30-35 in heidel so the improvement is definetly there thanks

Edited by LinaCrysta
1 person likes this

Posted

Okay, but I have a graphics card the is less powerful than a GTX 1070, and the game performs awesomely for me. I get no frame stutters, no lag spikes.

The thing I find funny is you think that because you're running a nVidia card, that everything should run awesomely, that isn't anywhere near the truth, what evidence do I have for that claim? The fact that you're using a nVidia GTX 1070 and BDO is running like garbage, and the fact that I'm using an AMD Radeon R9 390 and the game is running awesomely.

Also one last piece of evidence to support my case, every thread that I've seen started up RECENTLY that are complaining about frame issues are coming from users using nVidia cards. Haven't seen anyone using an AMD card complain about frame issues so far.

posts a screenshot of him standing still, thinks he has stable fps.

then tries to talk about reverse engineering and throws in the age old war between nvidia and amd.

have fun with your two digits in life my friend

Posted

so basicly cause nvidia drivers are the issue here our super cards need to run on medium when specwise i could easyly do like 100 fps max all but cant due to a odd game engine?

Posted

so basicly cause nvidia drivers are the issue here our super cards need to run on medium when specwise i could easyly do like 100 fps max all but cant due to a odd game engine?

Im not 100% sure, but all i know is that Kakao have partnered up with a graphical company to help fix these type of issues, i saw a posted article from Korea a couple of months ago about it.
But i can tell you this tho almost 1000 peeps have seen this thread and only 1 person replied out of all that did that this fix seemed to work for @LinaCrysta but not so much for others, so either the others arent commenting right away if it helped or not, or perhaps its just for certain types of GPU's.

Its weird, but all i can say is maybe that the people this hasnt worked for, may need to contact NVidia personally, this is all i know. I just try and keep everyone updated if i find new things and this seemed to fix the FPS issue for me as i tested it over 20+hrs and still havent gotten anymore FPS drops since i followed the NVidia guy, so its working for me.

Posted (edited)

I like how people call a standing still screenshot evidence of smooth fps gameplay....I mean really?

Edited by Hayate
Typo

Posted (edited)

I call complete and utter bullshit on this. This is my frame rate on a consistent basis inside Heidel using an Radeon R9 390.

1c6BP1P.jpg

What evidence or knowledge do you have on whether BDO is optimized or not?

Well good for you.

You acctually made my point with that picture. Do you have 60fps? No you don't, because game is badly optimised. I'm sure outside of the city you have 60fps usually without any problems.

And those 47fps that you get in Heidel is on Valencia3 chanel. I'm on Olvia1, where we have 10x more players. Not to mention that you have 47fps while standing ... try running around the city and what your fps go to the toilet.

Everyone knows that this game have huge optimisation problem .... just like any other MMORPG. But from BDO I expected something more about fixing that problem.

And my evidence? I have i7 4790k at 4,7GHz + GTX 1070 OCed to max. My GPU usage is 50%, and my CPU usage is 40%. My FPS is 30 in city.

If this game would be optimised well, it would take 100% of my CPU and GPU before I would see any FPS drop. If I would get FPS drop, but my CPU or GPU would be pushed to 100%, I would know that upgrade of my PC would fix it. Right now I can't do anything to get better FPS, since there is still more than enough hardware power from my PC to be used. Game just can't utilise it ---> bad optimisation.

Edited by Simon771

Posted

Well good for you.

You acctually made my point with that picture. Do you have 60fps? No you don't, because game is badly optimised. I'm sure outside of the city you have 60fps usually without any problems.

And those 47fps that you get in Heidel is on Valencia3 chanel. I'm on Olvia1, where we have 10x more players. Not to mention that you have 47fps while standing ... try running around the city and what your fps go to the toilet.

Everyone knows that this game have huge optimisation problem .... just like any other MMORPG. But from BDO I expected something more about fixing that problem.

You have no idea how hard MMORPGS hit the CPU, do you? This game isn't one of your arena based games where you have 16 players on the same static map where the whole map is loaded into memory at all times. If that were the cause for BDO, it would require a system with a MINIMUM of 64GB of memory. Albeit it would GREATLY increase performance, but it's just not feasible as most people don't have anymore than 16GB of RAM right now.

Anyway, I don't tend to criticize someone in a field that has done things far more great than what I have ever done. Just remember, if it's made by humans, it's bound to be flawed in one way or another.

Posted (edited)

IIRC most problems with BDO fps were caused either by drivers, or windows itself... Am not saying its not games fault at all, but fixes could be done to former two, to solve the issues... 

I tried to find older threads with some solutions, but i just got lost in this bad search window, so if you have a while,  try to look into older threads, and maybe sth will help...

Though with win10 bein selfdestructing shit, nvidia screwing new updates quite often and BDO bein the first project of PA with its own issues, its quite a dangerous combination... So some work has to be done... But it wont miraculously work for everyone just bcs of one patch... So... Good luck looking for bandaids! :D There should imo be pinned thread with hotfixes people found, so we dont have to look it up every time to try the sae things again and again...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

You have no idea how hard MMORPGS hit the CPU, do you? This game isn't one of your arena based games where you have 16 players on the same static map where the whole map is loaded into memory at all times. If that were the cause for BDO, it would require a system with a MINIMUM of 64GB of memory. Albeit it would GREATLY increase performance, but it's just not feasible as most people don't have anymore than 16GB of RAM right now.

Anyway, I don't tend to criticize someone in a field that has done things far more great than what I have ever done. Just remember, if it's made by humans, it's bound to be flawed in one way or another.

Yes I know that majority of workload from MMORPG games goes on CPU. But like I said, my CPU is at 50% usage. Or not even that. I don't mind if it's CPU heavey, but at least take full advantage of my CPU.

I would buy 128GB ram, if that would mean stable 60fps at all times lol

Yes I know it's made by humans etc. but don't tell me that it's not possible to make MMORPG opeworld game with stable 60fps at all times. With all technology today, I know it's possible. It would just take some time and money. PA have more than enough people to work on it, and they also don't lack money. So instead of new content, they could focus on optimisation for some time and try to figure something out.

I won't pretend to understand how game engine and API works, but it's not my job do understand that. It's theirs, to optimise it.

Posted

Guys please, if you read the first post, all i asked for a response if A) this fix work or B) this fix didnt work. I didnt ask for a pissing contest or for NVidia & AMD fanboy battle.
This post was created because i found something that fixed my FPS issue and i was letting everyone know about it and i wanted to see if others did this as well would it fix their problems.

I want this to be a post to help everyone to find a way to fix their performance issues, if you want to discuss other topics please create another forum post for it, it would be muchly appreciated for all of us.

Posted

If it was the video cards/software fault then why do people that have problems with our version, have no problem with kr/jp version?

Posted

Yes I know that majority of workload from MMORPG games goes on CPU. But like I said, my CPU is at 50% usage. Or not even that. I don't mind if it's CPU heavey, but at least take full advantage of my CPU.

I would buy 128GB ram, if that would mean stable 60fps at all times lol

Yes I know it's made by humans etc. but don't tell me that it's not possible to make MMORPG opeworld game with stable 60fps at all times. With all technology today, I know it's possible. It would just take some time and money. PA have more than enough people to work on it, and they also don't lack money. So instead of new content, they could focus on optimisation for some time and try to figure something out.

I won't pretend to understand how game engine and API works, but it's not my job do understand that. It's theirs, to optimise it.

Look into RAM disks, you might not be disappointed.

It will be possible pretty soon once Cannon Lake and Zen come out, right now, the only CPU that can really stably achieve 60 FPS while inside towns is Kaby Lake with Overclocking. Cannon Lake and Zen will change this, and also probably drive prices for CPUs down a great bit as well.

Now, the bit I highlighted in red is something I agree with wholeheartedly. While the game isn't nearly as bad as people claim it is, it's not perfect either. Personally I want them to focus on proper popin transitioning, instead of blatant and obvious popin, have an animated transition, it'll go a long way to make the game look more fluid.

Posted (edited)

you know whats funny all them settings will give you fps cause your nerfing the graphics processing bandwith needed but the issue is this is in no way a fix as people with good cards can run like all games max settings while this game they cant, So they use excuses like its ati or nvidas fault not ours talk to them instead dont bother us cause its not our game, common company scapegoating.

this thread is helpfull to all who don't care about graphics but what about the people that want to play this game max all? just say no you cant gotta play lower settings when their super highend comps eat all games at up to 200 fps but this one at max all?

my advice remove the solved part title and change it to minor tweak as this isent a solution least to us folk who care about graphics.

Edited by ambyentlight

Posted

my advice remove the solved part title and change it to minor tweak as this isent a solution least to us folk who care about graphics.

Yeah i was just thinking the same thing, i just thought it was a fix as it fixed my problem, but im noticing it isnt fixing others.

Posted

Look into RAM disks, you might not be disappointed.

It will be possible pretty soon once Cannon Lake and Zen come out, right now, the only CPU that can really stably achieve 60 FPS while inside towns is Kaby Lake with Overclocking. Cannon Lake and Zen will change this, and also probably drive prices for CPUs down a great bit as well.

Now, the bit I highlighted in red is something I agree with wholeheartedly. While the game isn't nearly as bad as people claim it is, it's not perfect either. Personally I want them to focus on proper popin transitioning, instead of blatant and obvious popin, have an animated transition, it'll go a long way to make the game look more fluid.

I have my BDO game installed on SM961 from samsung, so it's not bottlenecked by it either. Not sure if RAM disk would give me any benefits.

I agree about Canon Lake, but can't say the same about Ryzen. This game is more about single core performance, but Ryzen won't even have IPC of Intels Haswell. There are also some leaks, where R7 1700X just barely beats i7 6800k. But 1700X is 8c/16t, while i7 6800k is 6c/12t. That's not official, and still not sure if AMD had turbo mode on ... or how far can we OC Ryzen. That's still unknown.

But I'm pretty sure Ryzen won't have IPC not even close to i7 7700k. So I'm not sure if it would bring any benefits. Hopefully someone will buy Ryzen at launch, and test it on BDO so I will know if it's worth buying :P 

And I 100% agree with that pop-in effects ... that should be fixed. Maybe even more important than stable 60fps in cities. Because with those pop-ins even when I have 60fps, it doesn't seems like it because of that horrible pop-in effect. If they would fix that, I would at least enjoy 50-60fps while grinding mobs and would look decent.

Posted

Gained 5 frames on the low end, and 1 frame on the high end (26-44 became 31-45)

Posted

Man. I went to bed, ya'll are still arguing?

Posted (edited)

i have a steady 60 fps in all game except cities & world bosses for obvious reasons, no overclocking too cuz i didn't see the need for it yet, i run the game on high settings.

6700 skylake

980 ti

Edited by SillySin

Posted

If it was the video cards/software fault then why do people that have problems with our version, have no problem with kr/jp version?

QUIET! There will be no rational thoughts in this thread.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some of these settings seem odd. eg triple buffering improves performance when vsync is on, but you have vsync off.   And shader cache is there to reduce load on cpu but you have it off!

Is there a reason?

Shader Cache by it's Nvidia description says that it reduces CPU usage by saving compiled shaders to a disk cache.   I'd guess that if your CPU is being under-utilized and you have a slow hard drive, then turning shader cache off might possibly speed things up...but to reiterate, that would only be a guess and not a very educated one at that.

Posted

Some of these settings seem odd. eg triple buffering improves performance when vsync is on, but you have vsync off. Ans Shader cache is there to reduce load on cpu but you have it off!

Is there a reason?

Sorry i missed your question...

I dont know why it is like that, i was just told by the NVidia guy to use those settings. But thanks for bringing this up as ill ask him this exact question when i send him an email.

Posted

i have a steady 60 fps in all game except cities & world bosses for obvious reasons, no overclocking too cuz i didn't see the need for it yet, i run the game on high settings.

6700 skylake

980 ti

See, that's the problem. Some of us want to have stable 60fps even in cities and world bosses. Because it's 2017, and I'm tired of playing at 30fps on 2000€ worth PC that can run any other games on stable 75fps at 1440p all the time.

I had to change my monitor from 75Hz to 60, just because BDO.

Posted

See, that's the problem. Some of us want to have stable 60fps even in cities and world bosses. Because it's 2017, and I'm tired of playing at 30fps on 2000€ worth PC that can run any other games on stable 75fps at 1440p all the time.

I had to change my monitor from 75Hz to 60, just because BDO.

Are you using displayport or hdmi?

Posted

Okay, but I have a graphics card the is less powerful than a GTX 1070, and the game performs awesomely for me. I get no frame stutters, no lag spikes.

The thing I find funny is you think that because you're running a nVidia card, that everything should run awesomely, that isn't anywhere near the truth, what evidence do I have for that claim? The fact that you're using a nVidia GTX 1070 and BDO is running like garbage, and the fact that I'm using an AMD Radeon R9 390 and the game is running awesomely.

Also one last piece of evidence to support my case, every thread that I've seen started up RECENTLY that are complaining about frame issues are coming from users using nVidia cards. Haven't seen anyone using an AMD card complain about frame issues so far.

If you consider 47 FPS Awesome... you should stick with a console.

Posted (edited)

Im not 100% sure, but all i know is that Kakao Pearl Abyss have partnered up with a graphical company to help fix these type of issues push forward the visual quality of the game ( They NEVER spoke about fixing - optimizing the game at all, it sure might happen in the process, but dont count on that ).

Fixed

Edited by woots