• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FPS issue possible fix for it - NVidia Only GPU's

106 posts in this topic

Posted

Are you using displayport or hdmi?

DP ofcourse.

It's not about my hardware ... like I said before, I can run any other games at 1440p on 75Hz monitor with vsync on. And I get stable 75fps all the time.

I wish that game was as optimised as Overwatch ... that games looks amazing and have the most stable FPS that I have ever seen. But yes, it's just small arena, and not open world. Also only 12 players at the same time, not like BDO with 1000 players around you.

Posted (edited)

Hello to all,

I think i have finally over come the FPS issues in BDO. 

I had contacted the BDO staff on numerous occasions, but to no avail and all the answers i got was "We are aware of the issues, please keep an eye out for future updates/patches".
Well i did just that for almost 6 months, waiting and waiting... But nothing...
So out of frustration as like many other players i created a post about me leaving the game because of it, but for some reason after sending my post through the support ticket, it was deleted or removed as i get an error now when i try to go to it, so i dont know what happened to it. As i wanted to post this solution in their so i wouldnt flood the forums with the same topic posts.

Anyhow i got a response from a GM through the ticket and they had told me this....

"Hi

First of all I'm really sorry for the FPS issues, As I see in the closed tickets you have got answer from our staff - however you are right we aren't fixed the issue yet.

Long story in a nutshell: nvidia drivers has issues sine the driver 362 - if you revert your current one, you will see the difference - and the nvidia is trying to patch it many times - however they're focusing on the new architecture / new cards.

Sadly this issue is affects the high end nvidia cards as well - 1000 series and titans as well.

Our tech team is treating this with the highest priority. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do as customer support ;(

Issues like these are complicated and there is many different things that could be the cause.

However, I hope that you will continue to enjoy Black Desert Online once these issues have been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you have further questions or need assistance."

So i tried to revert my drivers back to 362.00, but i couldnt, so i contacted the NVidia support team to see why i couldnt do it, but they gave me some other steps to try first before installing the 362.00 driver and now it seemed to fix the issue, so now i have been testing it over the passed couple of days and its solved the FPS issue for me. Its still not 100% but i can go through major towns now @50 FPS and play the game in open world @70 FPS, much better then what i was getting before which was 20 FPS in major towns and 55 FPS open world (if i was lucky). 
Its still not 100% but at least i can play the game now, HOORAY ! ! !

So now im going to list the procedure and settings that the NVidia Team gave me and see if this will help fix all of your issues as well, if it doesnt i strongly recommend contacting NVidia Support Team yourself, as they are probably well more better equipped then the BDO Support ticket staff to solve this issue as they were the ones that fixed the FPS issue for me.

Here are the steps. This is for FULL SCREEN mode only as this is all i used, so not sure how it would go with the other screen settings.

Step 1. Download the latest NVidia drivers, if you have already got it then reinstall it, but before you go ahead and just install/reinstall it read step 2.

This following step is very IMPORTANT! Do exactly how i explained it.
Step 2. During the installation make sure you select Custom (Advanced) while installing the graphics driver and on the next screen place a check mark on perform a clean install.

Step 3. Then once that is done, then open up your NVidia Control Panel. Right click anywhere on your desktop and it should be there in your secondary menu option.

Step 4. Then go to "Manage 3d Settings" and then select "Program Settings". If the BDO file isnt located in there you may have to add it manually, which i have provided the steps on how to do that after these steps.

Step 5. Change your settings to these settings..... (Make sure the game is closed or reload/reboot the game for the changes to take affect)
Anisotropic Filtering                                                   ---   4x
Antialising - Mode                                                      ---   Enhance the Application Setting
Antialising - Setting                                                    ---   4x
Antialising - Transparency                                          ---   Multisample (for performance) OR 2x (supersample) (this is for quality)  ---> I personally chose the Multisample option
Power Management Mode                                         ---   Prefer Maximum Performance
Shader Cache                                                            ---   Off
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimisation   ---   Off
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias                        ---   Clamp
Texture Filtering - Quality                                           ---   High Performance
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimisation                    ---   On
Triple Buffing                                                              ---   On
Vertical Sync                                                               ---   Off
--- Now just APPLY, in the bottom right hand corner.

Step 6. Load up game and go to "settings" and reset the "Display Settings" and then readjust the settings to how you like it. This is option is merely a personal preference as i did it just to refresh the settings.

And thats it your done!

Please leave a comment in this post IF this has fixed or not fixed your issue, as ill use this post to show the NVidia staff member thats helped me, so they can see how many other players are affected by this FPS issue/problem.

If you dont know how to find the game file to add it to the control panel, here are the steps for that procedure,

Step 1. Load and login into the game as normal.

Step 2. Alt-Tab or minimize the game, but keep it running in the back ground.

Step 3. Right Click on your task bar and select "TASK MANAGER" Then in bottom right hand corner select "MORE DETAILS" if it isnt selected already.

Step 4. Click on "NAME" to make sure that the list is assorted alphabetically.

Step 5. Select the file BlackDesert64.exe and then right click and select "Open File Location"

Step 6. It will then open up a window, then after it opens go to your NVidia Control Panel (Step 3 & 4. in first steps above these steps)

Step 7. Where it says 1. Select a program to customise: click on the ADD box to add the BDO program file.

Step 8. Follow the address from the opened window. The default address is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64" But sometimes it can be different from PC to PC.

Thats it your done!

I am very curious on how many peoples gaming will improve now after this....

All of this commotion for a simple configuration in Nvidia control panel? Really? You call that a solution? I was expecting a diver reroll but meh :-/
If you want to reinstill old driver, download http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

It is called Nvidia DDU. Uninstall in SafeMode then let the Windows reinstall Generic Driver by itself. Then use the driver 362 from Nvidia. 

Such an achievement... config control panel...

Edited by mickey3333

Posted

you know whats funny all them settings will give you fps cause your nerfing the graphics processing bandwith needed but the issue is this is in no way a fix as people with good cards can run like all games max settings while this game they cant, So they use excuses like its ati or nvidas fault not ours talk to them instead dont bother us cause its not our game, common company scapegoating.

this thread is helpfull to all who don't care about graphics but what about the people that want to play this game max all? just say no you cant gotta play lower settings when their super highend comps eat all games at up to 200 fps but this one at max all?

my advice remove the solved part title and change it to minor tweak as this isent a solution least to us folk who care about graphics.

Tbh I was woried that it would "nerf" my graphics,ut i turned the settings off and back on,and i checked the settings that i was changing its about antialiasing and such,theres no jagged edges nor less details in the textures atleast at the resolution im running the game at.so for me is 100% performance improvement while mantaining the visuals.

And to some of the other people spouting acid.Hes just trying to help,doing more than the you guys are doing,which is whine and 0 contribution

2 people like this

Posted

actually i'm not sure what you are complaining for they did a great optimizing that so you can get 60+ fps in open world when there are so much details and distance details + that much players. The main FPS issues at node wars and sieges come from their servers not your PC configuration

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The main FPS issues at node wars and sieges come from their servers not your PC configuration

I doubt that since everyone have fps issue in town.

Especialy since : no one in town : good fps, many players in town : bad fps. That's players model + all horses that eat tons of resources.

As for the "open world optimization" there is nothing that incredible tho, that's lod management ( so to have a good view distance ) like in many open worlds

+ BDO, outside town, do not have that many props to display. And vegetation, already are quite low poly / low res texture. Thoses are not stuff that requier a lot of resources. ( that do look every nice & they sure did a nice job for the visual, but its not that amazing to have a 60fps ++ in thoses conditions )

Edited by woots

Posted

All ya'll hating on OP for trying to help...Damn. Enjoy your low FPS and try to figure out solutions yourself then.

Yes, I cropped guild messages/name out of SS. Yes, I know I'm not on Olivia1, sorry, been here since the Beta so I don't have that option to test. :P

Yes, we all KNOW the game is poorly optimized. That's a fact. OP was simply trying to HELP, and it's turned into a crap fest. SMH.

2017-02-12_598944045.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

Did everything. Fullscreen 15-20 fps and windowed fullscreen was 20-28 fps In Heidel.

Posted (edited)

Fixed.

Thanks for clearing that up, cause i wasnt sure 100% exactly how it was.

All of this commotion for a simple configuration in Nvidia control panel? Really? You call that a solution? I was expecting a diver reroll but meh :-/If you want to reinstill old driver, download http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

It is called Nvidia DDU. Uninstall in SafeMode then let the Windows reinstall Generic Driver by itself. Then use the driver 362 from Nvidia. 

Such an achievement... config control panel...

Yeah i forgot the name of the software to uninstall it, thats why i contacted NVidia, but the guy that i spoke to said to try this before installing the 362.00 driver, the changed settings worked for me, but its appearing that others are not benefiting from it, so it might be a individual problem per pc setup as im finding it really strange how it worked on mine, kind of helped others and some other players didnt benefit from it at all, if not made things worse, so i dont know.

Tbh I was woried that it would "nerf" my graphics,ut i turned the settings off and back on,and i checked the settings that i was changing its about antialiasing and such,theres no jagged edges nor less details in the textures atleast at the resolution im running the game at.so for me is 100% performance improvement while mantaining the visuals.

And to some of the other people spouting acid.Hes just trying to help,doing more than the you guys are doing,which is whine and 0 contribution

Thanks for trying to help me out, some people just get it when they see another person genuinely trying to help others, but i guess that is the nature of the forums.
People obviously didnt read the full post properly, cause all i asked was for a YES or NO answer, if this works for them or not, i wasnt expecting this much commotion from others about it.

All ya'll hating on OP for trying to help...Damn. Enjoy your low FPS and try to figure out solutions yourself then.

Yes, I cropped guild messages/name out of SS. Yes, I know I'm not on Olivia1, sorry, been here since the Beta so I don't have that option to test. :P

Yes, we all KNOW the game is poorly optimized. That's a fact. OP was simply trying to HELP, and it's turned into a crap fest. SMH.

2017-02-12_598944045.JPG

Thanks for trying to help me out, some people just get it when they see another person genuinely trying to help others, but i guess that is the nature of the forums.
People obviously didnt read the full post properly, cause all i asked was for a YES or NO answer, if this works for them or not, i wasnt expecting this much commotion from others about it.

Edited by CombatKiller

Posted

The cpu is the real bottleneck with this game and any mmo that involves largescale. Especially if your using a 980ti+ but i guess people never ask themself why they get more fps while out of town as in away from all the players

1 person likes this

Posted

Helped me out thx :D  

1 person likes this

Posted

I like how people call a standing still screenshot evidence of smooth fps gameplay....I mean really?

this 

its the constant stuttering and inconsistant rates that make this game horrible

1 person likes this

Posted

The cpu is the real bottleneck with this game and any mmo that involves largescale. Especially if your using a 980ti+ but i guess people never ask themself why they get more fps while out of town as in away from all the players

the OP's Fix did seriously help a lil on my pc and i got a better game performance now but since the game also relates on your cpu and youre using an older pc then checking this might help aswell:

open your task manager and go to the Processes Tab, now check for the CoherentUI.exe   the game floods my processes with sometimes up to 8 CoherentUI.exe running at once wich skyrockets your cpu usage and cause stuttering, freezes + fps drops. the CoherentUI.exe is the ingame browser like its used for the blackspirits adventure board, the F2 Help Windows and such. just rightclick the the CoherentUI.exe process and close it, do it till all of them are gone but be aware you cant use the ingame help window (wich is useless) or black spirits adventure (currently not running anyway) anymore until you restart the game.

i wish they would get rid of this crap cause its causing more problems than being helpful tbh. -.-

1 person likes this

Posted

Holy crap you have to use version 362?  That driver is almost a year old.

Posted (edited)

Guys please, if you read the first post, all i asked for a response if A) this fix work or B) this fix didnt work. I didnt ask for a pissing contest or for NVidia & AMD fanboy battle.This post was created because i found something that fixed my FPS issue and i was letting everyone know about it and i wanted to see if others did this as well would it fix their problems.
I want this to be a post to help everyone to find a way to fix their performance issues, if you want to discuss other topics please create another forum post for it, it would be muchly appreciated for all of us.

I use older drivers (December 2016) which is not bad like the newest one. 

I already know what i need and want when i change nvidia settings

I get 40-60 all ultra in Calpheon without using this snake oil guide. Not trying to be rude, but nothing there is actually fixing problems. More like reducing the quality in my eyes. Also why would you use triple buffering without vsync? 

Edited by Jin-

Posted

Curious, for people that have 40+fps at Heidel bank, what version of the driver are you using?

nvda.thumb.jpg.7d20e75614069c8b2d07f4e51

Posted

It depends. Its possible to get 40 fps at the bank in Heidel sometimes. But the fps can change depending on whether you are standing, walking, running, or sprinting with a horse.

Posted

So I'm used to playing at ~30 FPSsince I had my old card for so long, the issue isn't the FPS - it's the stuttering. I recently bought a new card and have it OC'd enough to see a 30 FPS increase from what it was before the OC. So my FPS have gone up dramatically; yet the stuttering remains. I have tried every tweak I could find, from reg edits to timers in CMD and it's no good. BDO's optimization wasn't good to begin with - but these last couple of patches have just made things progressively worse. I'm almost ready to get into the boat with the people leaving for other games at this point. >.

Posted

Curious, for people that have 40+fps at Heidel bank, what version of the driver are you using?

I have the latest drivers, currently.

Drivers.JPG

Posted

I have the latest drivers, currently.

Drivers.JPG

I'm using the same latest one also.  I was using a rather old driver and had better results from that. It was so old that windows10 decided to update the driver for me this last week....and of course I forgot what version I was running prior. :/

Posted

Thanks to you, I increased 10-15 fps. :o

THX!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the time and effort you put into both investigating the issue and more importantly writing down that comprehensive guide.

However sadly, it did not improve the performance at all, at best it was similar fps; but felt like it was a bit worse. That being said I highly doubt it is as simple as Nvidia drivers causing the problem, because the computer I handed down to my partner has an AMD 280x 3gb GPU and that is the computer that I used to play in RU/JP servers with mid/high settings with a decent 40-60fps.

That same computer can not even run current NA/EU BDO at low settings with a reliable 30fps, and at snowy area gameplay completely becomes intolerable. That mentioned computer can run witcher 3 on ultra btw, and whole weekend we spent in For Honor open beta, and at max settings it sustained 60+ fps very easy without any issues. And it looks way better than BDO does especially with blur and zone in effects.

So while BDO has the potential to look amazing, current ingame gameplay experience is far from that. And considering it used to work just fine; dev team probably loaded their already struggling engine with more stuff with little regard to optimization and performance to reach the point we are.

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the time and effort you put into both investigating the issue and more importantly writing down that comprehensive guide.

However sadly, it did not improve the performance at all, at best it was similar fps; but felt like it was a bit worse. That being said I highly doubt it is as simple as Nvidia drivers causing the problem, because the computer I handed down to my partner has an AMD 280x 3gb GPU and that is the computer that I used to play in RU/JP servers with mid/high settings with a decent 40-60fps.

That same computer can not even run current NA/EU BDO at low settings with a reliable 30fps, and at snowy area gameplay completely becomes intolerable. That mentioned computer can run witcher 3 on ultra btw, and whole weekend we spent in For Honor open beta, and at max settings it sustained 60+ fps very easy without any issues. And it looks way better than BDO does especially with blur and zone in effects.

So while BDO has the potential to look amazing, current ingame gameplay experience is far from that. And considering it used to work just fine; dev team probably loaded their already struggling engine with more stuff with little regard to optimization and performance to reach the point we are.

^ That post, combined with that like, made me giggle a bit.

Posted

Just played an hour with NVDA 362 and was pleasantly surprised.  I didn't get the 10 extra frames at Heidel unfortunately, it still dipped down to 30 near the bank.  However it felt far less choppy and had less stuttering vs the latest version 378.49 outside of town.

The IQ was far superior on 362 though.  I grinded an hour at the desert and was really impressed by how much the particle effects improved with this driver.  I could actually see rocks and dirt being kicked up by my ranger's skills and shadows had much better contrast, especially when under trees. It seems some shadows weren't even rendering properly under the latest driver.  The water looked better also.

However it did break my witch's Labreve costume.  The hair would clip through the puffy collar now. :<

Overall, I would give the driver a try.

Posted (edited)

Those settings did increase my FPS as I expected because:

16x asinotropic filtering -> 4x

8x antialiasing to -> 4x

I get more FPS in windowed-fullscreen than fullscreen

However I still experience crazy stuttering after playing for 1 or more hour. What is strange is that this stuttering sometimes doesnt occur so I start to believe that it is not my local problem but server side.

Edited by mate

Posted

Those settings did increase my FPS as I expected because:

16x asinotropic filtering -> 4x

8x antialiasing to -> 4x

I get more FPS in windowed-fullscreen than fullscreen

However I still experience crazy stuttering after playing for 1 or more hour. What is strange is that this stuttering sometimes doesnt occur so I start to believe that it is not my local problem but server side.

funny you say this, i also get the funny decrease in fps over time

once it drops low enough it forces me to reboot to gain back my 60 fps