• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FPS issue possible fix for it - NVidia Only GPU's

106 posts in this topic

Posted

Also why would you use triple buffering without vsync? 

I really dont know why tbh, the NVidia guy told me to try these settings before downloading the older driver, so i did and my FPS & performance increased by 85%. But also please note that another forum poster had asked me the same thing, i told him that i would ask the NVidia guy that exact same question, but i dont know the real reason for it as im not a GPU engineer. 
But on the same token after a member pointed that out i went ahead and changed it, the only difference i can see from my experience is that my FPS increased by about 5 FPS and im getting a lot more fluctuations from 80 FPS to 60 FPS, as where i hadnt changed it my FPS would fluctuate as much. So i dont know whats going on 100%

Posted

whenever a tip tells you to remove current drivers and install outdated drivers instead, you know it's better to ignore it. something else is wrong then.

i've heard of some guys having more FPS after doing a clean driver install in general, maybe that's what helped the OP. or maybe he just changed to a better channel after it, there are MASSIVE differences, e.g. in Mediah channels i have 30% more FPS than in Velia channels, although it doesn't make any sense (not that there would be better graphics or more to render or anything)

Posted

All of this commotion for a simple configuration in Nvidia control panel? Really? You call that a solution? I was expecting a diver reroll but meh :-/If you want to reinstill old driver, download http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

It is called Nvidia DDU. Uninstall in SafeMode then let the Windows reinstall Generic Driver by itself. Then use the driver 362 from Nvidia. 

Such an achievement... config control panel...

holy shit. wish there was a down vote button. People try to help out and idiots like these want to be dicks for no reason at all 

3 people like this

Posted

I'll be trying this when I get home from work tonight. Thanks for posting to try and help people and not just keeping it to yourself.

1 person likes this

Posted

Last night i went and bought a gtx 1080 msi gaming x. and ill be trying this also since it didn't improve anything from my 980. Also thanks a lot for putting youre time and effort on this and helping out the community . 

1 person likes this

Posted

Last night i went and bought a gtx 1080 msi gaming x. and ill be trying this also since it didn't improve anything from my 980. Also thanks a lot for putting youre time and effort on this and helping out the community . 

I run 2x of that same card in SLI and have no real issues. World bosses could be better, but that's for everyone. The game IS poorly optimized though, so don't expect wonders. Are you running in 1080p, 1440p, or 4k?

Posted

I run 2x of that same card in SLI and have no real issues. World bosses could be better, but that's for everyone. The game IS poorly optimized though, so don't expect wonders. Are you running in 1080p, 1440p, or 4k?

4k monitor but running at 1440p 

Posted

Hello to all,

I think i have finally over come the FPS issues in BDO. 

I had contacted the BDO staff on numerous occasions, but to no avail and all the answers i got was "We are aware of the issues, please keep an eye out for future updates/patches".
Well i did just that for almost 6 months, waiting and waiting... But nothing...
So out of frustration as like many other players i created a post about me leaving the game because of it, but for some reason after sending my post through the support ticket, it was deleted or removed as i get an error now when i try to go to it, so i dont know what happened to it. As i wanted to post this solution in their so i wouldnt flood the forums with the same topic posts.

Anyhow i got a response from a GM through the ticket and they had told me this....

"Hi

First of all I'm really sorry for the FPS issues, As I see in the closed tickets you have got answer from our staff - however you are right we aren't fixed the issue yet.

Long story in a nutshell: nvidia drivers has issues sine the driver 362 - if you revert your current one, you will see the difference - and the nvidia is trying to patch it many times - however they're focusing on the new architecture / new cards.

Sadly this issue is affects the high end nvidia cards as well - 1000 series and titans as well.

Our tech team is treating this with the highest priority. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do as customer support ;(

Issues like these are complicated and there is many different things that could be the cause.

However, I hope that you will continue to enjoy Black Desert Online once these issues have been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you have further questions or need assistance."

So i tried to revert my drivers back to 362.00, but i couldnt, so i contacted the NVidia support team to see why i couldnt do it, but they gave me some other steps to try first before installing the 362.00 driver and now it seemed to fix the issue, so now i have been testing it over the passed couple of days and its solved the FPS issue for me. Its still not 100% but i can go through major towns now @50 FPS and play the game in open world @70 FPS, much better then what i was getting before which was 20 FPS in major towns and 55 FPS open world (if i was lucky). 
Its still not 100% but at least i can play the game now, HOORAY ! ! !

So now im going to list the procedure and settings that the NVidia Team gave me and see if this will help fix all of your issues as well, if it doesnt i strongly recommend contacting NVidia Support Team yourself, as they are probably well more better equipped then the BDO Support ticket staff to solve this issue as they were the ones that fixed the FPS issue for me.

Here are the steps. This is for FULL SCREEN mode only as this is all i used, so not sure how it would go with the other screen settings.

Step 1. Download the latest NVidia drivers, if you have already got it then reinstall it, but before you go ahead and just install/reinstall it read step 2.

This following step is very IMPORTANT! Do exactly how i explained it.
Step 2. During the installation make sure you select Custom (Advanced) while installing the graphics driver and on the next screen place a check mark on perform a clean install.

Step 3. Then once that is done, then open up your NVidia Control Panel. Right click anywhere on your desktop and it should be there in your secondary menu option.

Step 4. Then go to "Manage 3d Settings" and then select "Program Settings". If the BDO file isnt located in there you may have to add it manually, which i have provided the steps on how to do that after these steps.

Step 5. Change your settings to these settings..... (Make sure the game is closed or reload/reboot the game for the changes to take affect)
Anisotropic Filtering                                                   ---   4x
Antialising - Mode                                                      ---   Enhance the Application Setting
Antialising - Setting                                                    ---   4x
Antialising - Transparency                                          ---   Multisample (for performance) OR 2x (supersample) (this is for quality)  ---> I personally chose the Multisample option
Power Management Mode                                         ---   Prefer Maximum Performance
Shader Cache                                                            ---   Off
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimisation   ---   Off
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias                        ---   Clamp
Texture Filtering - Quality                                           ---   High Performance
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimisation                    ---   On
Triple Buffing                                                              ---   On
Vertical Sync                                                               ---   Off
--- Now just APPLY, in the bottom right hand corner.

Step 6. Load up game and go to "settings" and reset the "Display Settings" and then readjust the settings to how you like it. This is option is merely a personal preference as i did it just to refresh the settings.

And thats it your done!

Please leave a comment in this post IF this has fixed or not fixed your issue, as ill use this post to show the NVidia staff member thats helped me, so they can see how many other players are affected by this FPS issue/problem.

If you dont know how to find the game file to add it to the control panel, here are the steps for that procedure,

Step 1. Load and login into the game as normal.

Step 2. Alt-Tab or minimize the game, but keep it running in the back ground.

Step 3. Right Click on your task bar and select "TASK MANAGER" Then in bottom right hand corner select "MORE DETAILS" if it isnt selected already.

Step 4. Click on "NAME" to make sure that the list is assorted alphabetically.

Step 5. Select the file BlackDesert64.exe and then right click and select "Open File Location"

Step 6. It will then open up a window, then after it opens go to your NVidia Control Panel (Step 3 & 4. in first steps above these steps)

Step 7. Where it says 1. Select a program to customise: click on the ADD box to add the BDO program file.

Step 8. Follow the address from the opened window. The default address is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64" But sometimes it can be different from PC to PC.

Thats it your done!

I am very curious on how many peoples gaming will improve now after this....

Thank you so much for this, but it did not work for me. Appreciate your effort. 

2 people like this

Posted

Only Alienware can fix your issues

tumblr_o95chrKmEW1t3ujzlo1_400.gif

Posted (edited)

I read your wall of text. Here is mine.

Having an opinion doesn't make you a "-----" having an unpopular opinion still doesn't make you a -----.
Mickey gave actual information.

Before you call someone a name know what that word means. also look up it subtexts,obnoxious,jerk and something

that is relative the definition of inexpertly.

There was nothing obnoxious about what mickey said.
Some of you are acting as if the OP reinvented the wheel then showed you a new way to use it.
Everyone who knows anything about computers and runs a nvidia card knows to use the control panel and not
geforce experience. also your "fix" isn't a "fix" nor would it make sense to be so.
The only thing that even mattered in the whole thing for the "most part" is this..

"Power Management Mode                                         ---   Prefer Maximum Performance"

Which should of been on anyway.

I am sorry if you feel like this was such hard work. It takes no work. Nvidia knows not how to fix it.

Now lets go through the settings shall we.

affect)
Anisotropic Filtering     ---   4x <<< This doesn't help fps? It lowers it.
Antialising - Mode        ---   Enhance the Application Setting < Doesn't help or hurt.
Antialising - Setting      ---   4x << This doesn't help fps? It lowers it.
Antialising - Transparency    ---   Multisample (for performance) OR 2x (supersample) (this is for quality)  ---> I personally chose the Multisample option I wont even bother.
Power Management Mode      ---   Prefer Maximum Performance <<< One of the only smart things in this thread.
Shader Cache                       ---   Off Requires so much testing and the testing has been done. Not significant.
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimisation ---   Off Who cares
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias  ---   Clamp Neglig effect.
Texture Filtering - Quality          ---   High Performance < You are slashing quality? That's not solving anything to do with playing a game full settings and getting good fps.
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimisation ---   On < you are killing image quality again.
Triple Buffing     ---   On  Why would you have this on when vertical sync isn't on? ?????????????????????
Vertical Sync    ---   Off Obviously should be off

Currently Dev doesn't know how to fix it/or doesn't have the time or want to spend money to fix it currently either.
Contacting either you should have known would do nothing.

You took literally no time. No Fact checking. No reading other threads in the past to see if any of this was already discussed.
You did none of the actual leg work
. Many of this has been kicked with a dead horse online and it comes to two things.
You want performance in bdo? turn off vsync. run card at max performance and run in fullscreen.

You miss labeled this thread and lied. This is not a fix to anything you actually said. Also this thread should be called.
"I wasted my time asking Nvidia questions they don't know the answer to". 

let me fix the context of your thread, Since i get tired of threads that waste peoples time.
This is what the thread should have said.
"hello here is my intent (To get the game to play with over X FPS with the game looking a little higher end but
not using Full graphics). Here is what i did to test,Here are my sources,here are my results and here are my
computer specs.

P.S. I do not blame you for the badly written,uninformed and of almost no use thread. I blame those that praise it.

Because it keeps them in rotation.

Where is plunge when you need him?

OPs post. TLDR
I refused to just google search how to fix my graphics problems. Instead i almost came to the same conclusion
about bdo that has been on the internet on how to get the most out of the engine for FPS. Except mine is worse.
But here try it. Nevermind that getting FPS in the game is easy at lower settings with a decent setup. So getting
FPS really isn't an issue in this game. It's getting FPS with high settings on that are the issue. But lets not do that.
Lets turn settings down purposely to boost fps,put on mismatched settings that actually conflict with each other. 
Because obviously i do not know what i am talking about and did not do the proper research to see if nvidias response
was even legible. Which a simple google search proves it is not. A simple test proves it is not.
Furthermore i did not provide actual proof it increased my FPS only a screenshot of me standing still when the number
is the highest.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

because the computer I handed down to my partner has an AMD 280x 3gb GPU and that is the computer that I used to play in RU/JP servers with mid/high settings with a decent 40-60fps.

That same computer can not even run current NA/EU BDO at low settings with a reliable 30fps,

Anyone that takes the time to play on other versions with the same hardware will become quite jaded with our cheap knockoff version. quite pathetic really.

Posted

While it didn't change much for my fps (I never had too much of an issue except on crowded channels) it did seem to take a load off my cpu even with the most recent patch being borked.

Cheers.

Posted

Has anyone actually tried reverting to 362 patch? 

Posted

My FPS hasn't gone up but the stutter here and there seems to be gone so thanks :) Also don't forget the market place trick (bug)

Posted

Hi all,

I have just added more info in the first post to answer the TRIPLE BUFFERING questions i was getting asked.

Now it appears if this hasnt fixed your gaming i would probably suggest contacting NVidia yourselves and see if they can help, they helped me.
Im seeing a lot of people that this has helped and it hasnt helped fix their issues.

I dont think there is much more i can do or say about this topic as i was getting nowhere with the BDO support stuff, so i tried to do the work myself and when the NVidia guy gave me these settings and i tested them over a period of a couple of days before saying anything just to be sure that it would work, then i posted how it got fixed here in this thread.
I thought maybe everyone would benefit from this, but it seems only a select few, so im glad i got help some players out.

So now i wont be coming back to this thread anymore as there is literally nothing i can do anymore about it at this point, so im sorry guys/girls.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Triple buffering doesn't work in this game,If you bothered to google search. A program must first properly run open GL,

Same problem as before. No legwork. This is even addressed on this forum itself....

What a simple search that was.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Its a bit off topic but it concerns performance a lot.

Since some patches there two huge bugs which drop the performance a lot.
1. The process "coheren UI" will get lost and seems to run in some kind of an infinite loop.
Example: On my laptop i have about >95% CPU load. As soon as i shut down the processes im back to 45% -> gameplay is smooth again
This Problem is described in the suppport forums

2. Marketplace searches keep running while mp is closed. So click on "List" allways before you leave the window.
Also reported in the support forums

My personal experience shows me that BDO performance is much more CPU related as one might think.
My second pc with gtx 670 was terrible slow. I diid put a 980ti in. Still freaking low fps. The cpu was a old i7 920 (first gen).
I switched to a 4770K and everything is smooth now, furthermore since i terminate the coherent ui process.
After i overclocked the processer to 4,4 ghz on all cores i get more stable fps in citys with high end mode.
But i don't recommend high end for everyone. it takes a lot and gives just viewing distance.

In a nutshell, yes i think GPU needs to be optimized further for higher resolutions like 4k but i think the most people have a poor performance because of those
CPU costly bugs and just bad CPUs.

Posted

IT is true he is essentially just lower options in nvidia control panel and raising others and got extra frams from it. This isn't fixing your FPS problem( optimization problem )  this is just lower the graphics to spit out a few frams....

Posted

Turn off the high end testing option and you should get higher FPS, after i turned that off ingame i had 70FPS in the Velia city lol

Posted (edited)

"Power Management Mode                                         ---   Prefer Maximum Performance"

For that it depend the CG tho, i've read that it create issue for 10xx card ( and i dont know if thoses issues are fixed with lastest drivers )

As personaly, maybe its just a placebo effect, but i indeed have the feeling of something smoother with just the adaptative setting with a 1070

( not saying, never really noticed any remarquable differences between adaptative & max perf tho )

Edited by woots

Posted

Kakao is not there to fix your issues because they don't know how.

All they know what to do is useless events and collecting insane amount of cash from pearlshop.

Posted

Okay, destroyed my smooth gameplay in open world aswell.

I gain up to 80 FPS but it permanently goes up and down from 45-80...

Posted

Followed these steps but made a few changes.  Left shader cache on im running highend and everything.

81 FPS full sprint.  35-50 in town.  Its much improved.  Most areas im at 90 FPS.

2017-02-16_881496362.jpg

Posted

I read your wall of text. Here is mine.

Having an opinion doesn't make you a "-----" having an unpopular opinion still doesn't make you a -----.
Mickey gave actual information.

Before you call someone a name know what that word means. also look up it subtexts,obnoxious,jerk and something

that is relative the definition of inexpertly.

There was nothing obnoxious about what mickey said.
Some of you are acting as if the OP reinvented the wheel then showed you a new way to use it.
Everyone who knows anything about computers and runs a nvidia card knows to use the control panel and not
geforce experience. also your "fix" isn't a "fix" nor would it make sense to be so.
The only thing that even mattered in the whole thing for the "most part" is this..

I am sorry if you feel like this was such hard work. It takes no work. Nvidia knows not how to fix it.

Now lets go through the settings shall we.

affect)
Anisotropic Filtering     ---   4x <<< This doesn't help fps? It lowers it.
Antialising - Mode        ---   Enhance the Application Setting < Doesn't help or hurt.
Antialising - Setting      ---   4x << This doesn't help fps? It lowers it.
Antialising - Transparency    ---   Multisample (for performance) OR 2x (supersample) (this is for quality)  ---> I personally chose the Multisample option I wont even bother.
Power Management Mode      ---   Prefer Maximum Performance <<< One of the only smart things in this thread.
Shader Cache                       ---   Off Requires so much testing and the testing has been done. Not significant.
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimisation ---   Off Who cares
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias  ---   Clamp Neglig effect.
Texture Filtering - Quality          ---   High Performance < You are slashing quality? That's not solving anything to do with playing a game full settings and getting good fps.
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimisation ---   On < you are killing image quality again.
Triple Buffing     ---   On  Why would you have this on when vertical sync isn't on? ?????????????????????
Vertical Sync    ---   Off Obviously should be off

Currently Dev doesn't know how to fix it/or doesn't have the time or want to spend money to fix it currently either.
Contacting either you should have known would do nothing.

You took literally no time. No Fact checking. No reading other threads in the past to see if any of this was already discussed.
You did none of the actual leg work
. Many of this has been kicked with a dead horse online and it comes to two things.
You want performance in bdo? turn off vsync. run card at max performance and run in fullscreen.

You miss labeled this thread and lied. This is not a fix to anything you actually said. Also this thread should be called.
"I wasted my time asking Nvidia questions they don't know the answer to". 

let me fix the context of your thread, Since i get tired of threads that waste peoples time.
This is what the thread should have said.
"hello here is my intent (To get the game to play with over X FPS with the game looking a little higher end but
not using Full graphics). Here is what i did to test,Here are my sources,here are my results and here are my
computer specs.

P.S. I do not blame you for the badly written,uninformed and of almost no use thread. I blame those that praise it.

Because it keeps them in rotation.

Where is plunge when you need him?

OPs post. TLDR
I refused to just google search how to fix my graphics problems. Instead i almost came to the same conclusion
about bdo that has been on the internet on how to get the most out of the engine for FPS. Except mine is worse.
But here try it. Nevermind that getting FPS in the game is easy at lower settings with a decent setup. So getting
FPS really isn't an issue in this game. It's getting FPS with high settings on that are the issue. But lets not do that.
Lets turn settings down purposely to boost fps,put on mismatched settings that actually conflict with each other. 
Because obviously i do not know what i am talking about and did not do the proper research to see if nvidias response
was even legible. Which a simple google search proves it is not. A simple test proves it is not.
Furthermore i did not provide actual proof it increased my FPS only a screenshot of me standing still when the number
is the highest.

very nice help also here. Except the settings you mention with color, do you have some other options to suggest in nvidia settings that will help improve our game here?

thank you 

Posted

This worked for me, thanks