• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Workers Stopping While Making the Epheria Boat

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been experiencing an issue since Magoria was released when it comes to assigning workers to build the Epheria Sailboat.

Basically, I will assign a worker (goblin) to work 10 (or X amount) of times on lets say Steel with full stamina (yellow bar).  The worker will complete 2 or 3 work cycles and stop for no reason.

I've built other things (like a few fishing boats) without this issue.  There are no reasons why the workers simply stop working.  Here's the scenario:

• Worker will have full stamina
  • I assign worker to craft 10x Steel (or whatever)
  • Worker completes task 2 or 3 times and STOPS
  • There is plenty of resources in storage (1000+ steel in Epheria)
  • My storage is not full
  • I have not manually cancelled the task

In order to get the worker working again, I can simply

1. Manually assign him to work another 7 or 8 times (basically whats left of his stamina).

2. Hit the purple "repeat" button through the worker window.

NOTE:  If I hover my mouse over the active worker, it will say "Crafting Ship Registration: Epheria Sailboat (10 times)" and if I check a few hours later he will have STOPPED.

This is quite annoying especially when I leave the computer to come back and see that a lot of my workers have stopped working for no reason.

I have 6 workers in Epheria, 2 in Heidel, 1 in Altinova this affects all of them.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks

Posted

Yes! Have the same problem not just with steel but the flax fabric. If I don't keep an eye on them they just stop. I have also had workers stop mining and gathering other harvestables too. At first I thought maybe the Goblins and Humans were just having issues lol. It is really annoying to say the least.

Posted

Yes! Have the same problem not just with steel but the flax fabric. If I don't keep an eye on them they just stop. I have also had workers stop mining and gathering other harvestables too. At first I thought maybe the Goblins and Humans were just having issues lol. It is really annoying to say the least.

Wow Im glad to see I'm not the only one, no one in my guild said they experienced the same thing.

I have noticed my workers stop gathering from other nodes too, but its not nearly as bad as making this boat.

Posted

I have only 1 specialty production going currently, with dozens on gathering, none seem to have experienced this issue.

Posted

I'm getting this issue now. I set my workers on the Epheria Sailboat and leave my PC on overnight. In the morning 4 or 5 of them have just stopped work for no reason. They have stamina left and enough mats in storage. It's really annoying.

Maybe they've formed a union and gone on strike? Am I not paying them enough? :)

Posted

same issue here

Posted (edited)

Yes. Same issue here. If assigned to any of the components (Flax, plywood, steel, or Timber) a worker may do 1 or 2 items then go back to Design and just sit there with nothing accomplished. The Management screen will show the circular spinning arrows, but if the worker ui is chosen, it shows the worker on the Design. 

It also appears that 1 of my 20 designs has just disappeared, as Design has been sitting on 19/20 for over a couple days now with 3 workers assigned ???

I'll run over to Epheria and put another design chit into the warehouse and see if that gets the process 'unstuck'

I started construction when I had 20 Designs, 600 steel and 300 flax, with lesser than final quantities of plywood and timber squares

Edit. I added a 21st Design from Philberto today, and after a couple hours I got a completed message for the Design and it appears that progress is being made on the other components. The Worker UI always says all the workers are working on Ship Registration.

also. getting 800 timber squares is going to be a long grind it appears. I have made less than a 100 of them so far. It appears the estimate I saw on Dulfy's of 2 hours of chopping per day for 20 days at MAX  Gathering and Processing isn't wrong. And I am far from max gathering or processing, although finishing the sailboat may well get me there.

Edited by Reddervish

Posted (edited)

i think the problem is that if you have the workers set to repeat, example: 10 items needed, Goblin A starts making, Goblin B starts making, Both are put to repeat, Goblin B thinks that A will complete the task and so does nothing. Try clicking the 'ignore tasks in progress' to see if this works. Also changing channels a lot can somehow have a bad impact on workers

Edited by Burnweed

Posted

The sub-assemblies for the sailboat have small maximum item quantities that can be selected -before- starting a worker.. When that quantity of items has been crafted by the worker, it appears I have to use the (city/house) Manage menu again, select the worker again, and set the max items to craft, and then start again. Just using repeat all from the worker gui on the main screen doesn't seem to make the worker for the Eupheria Sailboat do a maximum number of items repeatedly. The sailboat requires a lot of attention to keep it working, and its almost impossible to keep all the workers (particularly Goblins) working overnight.