• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Whats karma bombing? and is it bad?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I think I let someone kill me 30 times but i didnt mind I was at 99.33%

Posted (edited)

When someone kills you at a grind spot, and instead of leaving, you stay and grief them, ruining the rotation and causing trouble: This is karma bombing. 
Yes it is bad, but there is no consequences for doing it.
Though if someone killed you 30 times then it was probably a GVG, unless the person just went neg 1mil karma.

Edited by xcandykitten
2 people like this

Posted

When someone kills you at a grind spot, and instead of leaving, you stay and grief them, ruining the rotation and causing trouble: This is karma bombing. 
Though if someone killed you 30 times then it was probably a GVG, unless the person just went neg 1mil karma.

Oh No i was just at elrics grinding and i counted the times he killed me I was listening to music and just noted it

Posted

Karma bombing is not a thing, it's just a way for shitty PvPers to push the blame on others for them being salty and going red.

11 people like this

Posted

Oh sorry then for making this post

Posted

Eeehh Karma bombing is a thing, its just somebody griefing your rotation and baiting you into killing them several times until you are out of karma. Then they continue to grief your rotation for XP/drops and you either have to channel jump or just try and outfarm them

1 person likes this

Posted

It's when someone believes he/she is entitled to the spot you are currently grinding and kills you. Then they expect that you'll just leave because they bullied you.

You stay and try and maintain your rotation. This makes the salty bully made because you stayed and then the PK you again... rinse and repeat.

Bullying "Yes it is bad, but there is no consequences for doing it." So if you can cause trouble to me by killing me, then I'm within my right to stay and do what I was doing. If you continue griefing me then the neg Karma is on the bully's head. Nothing stopping the bully from going elsewhere.

and you either have to channel jump or just try and outfarm them

Well there you go.  The result of the situation is 100% in the bully's hands. "Oh this spot is taken. I'll try another channel."

2 people like this

Posted

It's when someone believes he/she is entitled to the spot you are currently grinding and kills you. Then they expect that you'll just leave because they bullied you.

You stay and try and maintain your rotation. This makes the salty bully made because you stayed and then the PK you again... rinse and repeat.

Really ... so i come to a spot with lots of mobs and i see a noob with 120 AP struggeling to kill one pack of mobs on time, refuses to party "Sorry, i am farming silver" to just leave? This isnt an instance game there are no infinite spots to farm ... of course noob will get PKed.

If  i see a strong player clearing whole rotation i do not PK him ... not because i can't or i am afraid its because i know he deserves to be on that spot and funny thing is that player will most likely always go DUO with me.

Karma bombing is not something someone with "no ife" invented its a term for a low AP player or low lvl player that has no bussines being on a strong respawn spot alone, refusing to team up and expectiing everyone to leave him alone.

Also ... guild quests ... you can't switch channel while doing it ... you are limited by time ... try explaining that to some casual noob that you need the spot. He will grief you for hours with fuking up rotation.

System should be reworked:

25k karma for player killed

Respawn timer added while killed in a time frame :

1. 1st kill - insta respawn at node/town/use perl item
  2. 2nd kill - 10 sec CD on respawn node/town/perl item
  3. 3rd kill - 45 sec CD on respawn town/perl item
  4. 4th kill - 80 sec CD on respawn town/perl item
  5. 5th kill - 120 sec CD on respawn town  (it caps at 120 sec for any additional kill)

Remove PK debuff in desert.

Remove "guild is not prepared for war" buff(?).

If karma would be revorked - system changed it would put players in line ... having a consequence for being PKed would reduce being a di.ck in game and behave like an adult.

In my experiance giefers are not high levels in uber gear ... griefers are those small bottom feeders ... running around with 120AP bothering everyone ... and when they hit heir first green awakeing weapon to TRI they go back to let says sausans to test their strenght on some poor struggeling lvl 54s.

4 people like this

Posted

refuses to party

And this is where your reply falls to shit. Tell me one PKer that offers to group with someone!

If they did it would be GREAT!

But they don't. They just bully and expect to have the lower player just leave. Two words... ----- Off!

4 people like this

Posted

Why do people karma bombing always use the argument that they were in the spot first. In the last month, literally ALL the people who karma bombed me came in the rotation i already was in...

5 people like this

Posted

karma bombing goes both ways, just like PKing (can either defend your spot or try to steal one). what people defending the current system dont want to accept is that PKing is a legit game mechanic that is there for a reason. Instead of imagining everyone who PKs you as some 10 years old little raging kid, you should ask yourself if its not YOU who is taking the game too serious.

I personally dislike PKing to steal someone's spot but i know its part of the game and dont cry about it. The reason why I think karma bombing is wrong is because its against any logic to die over and over again on purpose and get the "i win" feeling for making the other player lose karma. Where is the thrill in open world pvp when you already know that the attacker is gonna lose?

1 person likes this

Posted

It's when some wanker believes he/she is entitled to the spot you are currently grinding and kills you. Then they expect in their retarded small minds they you'll just leave because they bullied you.

But this ppl also think you should share the spot with 200 others because the spot belongs to everyone.

Or not m8? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

I want grind

I go spot

I take spot

Enemy stay

I let him kill me

I send him jail

Rinse

Repeat

10/10 gg exilium would buy again.

Posted

And this is where your reply falls to shit. Tell me one PKer that offers to group with someone!

If they did it would be GREAT!

But they don't. They just bully and expect to have the lower player just leave. Two words... ----- Off!

Yeah you were dealing with a kid that in lower levels cries he is getting PKed and as soon as RNG good smiles at him he goes back out there and grief the s.hit out of other players.

Not ONE high level geard player will ever grief you (unless quild questing)  only problems are kids that buys game because his favourite sreamer is currently playing it ... levels up to 56-57 on olivia under a week buys some basic gear and "LETS GO TO SAUSSANSSSSS murder some ppl .... - 1mil karma youtube video incomming".

Yust check youtube ... filled with trash movies usually Musa or some trash slafhy class killing newbs at sausans. Haven't seen one geared pro doing the same.

Posted

Karmabomb me or my members,  and your guild will have a perma declaration on it. then you can explain to the rest of your guildies why :)

Problem solved.

1 person likes this

Posted

Karmabomb me or my members,  and your guild will have a perma declaration on it. then you can explain to the rest of your guildies why :)

Problem solved.

but u have no guild problem solved

Posted

Problem solved.

Bully threats. Shows just the quality of people in The Exodus Company I guess. :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Bully threats. Shows just the quality of people in The Exodus Company I guess. :D

Not a threat.
Its that simple, thats our policy. We dont tolerate our own members karmabombing, and we declare on those that do it to us.

Posted

Not a threat.Its that simple, thats our policy. We dont tolerate our own members karmabombing, and we declare on those that do it to us.

So you have a policy of threatening. Simple.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So you have a policy of threatening. Simple.

You dont seem to understand what a threat is.

If i were to say to someone ingame, who were doing it "If you dont stop, we will declare", that would be a threat.

If someone karmabombs us, not a single one of us will open our mouths, nor will we trash talk, or be impolite. We will simply declare.

That is not a threat, thats a policy of retaliation within the legal mechanics of the game.

Now, twist that however you want. I wont be going further into a pointless debate.

Edited by Dragonix
1 person likes this

Posted

If someone karmabombs us, not a single one of us will open our mouths, nor will we trash talk, or be impolite. We will simply declare.

That is not a threat, thats a policy of retaliation within the legal mechanics of the game.

Okay understand now what you mean.

So you have a policy of bullying using the legal mechanics of the game. Just like a "karmabomber" uses the legal mechanics of the game against you.

It's not pointless, and which ever way you try to justify you're behaviour, there's no backing away from the fact you're a bully.

Peace. :-)

Posted

Okay understand now what you mean.

So you have a policy of bullying using the legal mechanics of the game. Just like a "karmabomber" uses the legal mechanics of the game against you.

It's not pointless, and which ever way you try to justify you're behaviour, there's no backing away from the fact you're a bully.

Peace. :-)

See here is where you are wrong. Main problem with PKing/Karmabombing is that when you PK you are using a function in game as intendet, you kill someone and you face consequences as karma reduction while if you are getting killed you are not punished at all and PVP death is meaningless so you can return infinite amount of times and does nothing to you (except half a minute lost because you have to run from spawn -> spot).

If there would at least be a progressive respawn timer on PVP death i would be happy but atm 1 freshly awakened guildless wizzard can grief full party to no end and basically you can't do sh.it.

You all are looking at a problem only from a perspective of getting PKed ... there are more PVE griefers that come to your spot and not caring  about your party rotation.

Posted

You all are looking at a problem only from a perspective of getting PKed ... there are more PVE griefers that come to your spot and not caring  about your party rotation.

You are correct. I'm not talking about the dickhead that just decides to push into someone else's current rotation. I see this is just as bad as the bully who kills and attempts to take over someone's spot they are currently grinding.

So maybe we need two labels?  The first for someone standing up to a PK bully and the bully losing out. The other is as you describe a non PKing bully?

Posted

Really ... so i come to a spot with lots of mobs and i see a noob with 120 AP struggeling to kill one pack of mobs on time, refuses to party "Sorry, i am farming silver" to just leave? This isnt an instance game there are no infinite spots to farm ... of course noob will get PKed.

If  i see a strong player clearing whole rotation i do not PK him ... not because i can't or i am afraid its because i know he deserves to be on that spot and funny thing is that player will most likely always go DUO with me.

Karma bombing is not something someone with "no ife" invented its a term for a low AP player or low lvl player that has no bussines being on a strong respawn spot alone, refusing to team up and expectiing everyone to leave him alone.

Also ... guild quests ... you can't switch channel while doing it ... you are limited by time ... try explaining that to some casual noob that you need the spot. He will grief you for hours with fuking up rotation.

If karma would be revorked - system changed it would put players in line ... having a consequence for being PKed would reduce being a di.ck in game and behave like an adult.

In my experiance giefers are not high levels in uber gear ... griefers are those small bottom feeders ... running around with 120AP bothering everyone ... and when they hit heir first green awakeing weapon to TRI they go back to let says sausans to test their strenght on some poor struggeling lvl 54s.

Best description of what is wrong with our karma system that I have read.

2 people like this

Posted

Karma bombing is not a thing, it's just a way for shitty PvPers to push the blame on others for them being salty and going red.

Oh, isn't the karma bomber the shitty PvPer in that case?