• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Looking for legitimate advice on my system specs

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Like most people, my performance drops horrendously when in Heidel or any other populate area. However when out in the world farming mobs or exploring i get around 40 - 60 frames. I run my res @ 1920 x 1080 with texture and graphic quality both on high and i have everything else turned on besides Anti-Aliasing, SSAO, Improved distance and High-End mode, of course.
I would like some honest advice on what i should try and upgrade as to be able to run this game comfortably on high with everything turned on ( besides High-End mode ).

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit
Video Card: GTX 670 SLI

Now i realize that the GTX 670 is outdated but i am running SLI and i do just fine on most other games on high or almost maxed settings. I'm just looking for some advice or hopefully to get pointed in the right direction, thank you.

Posted

Get an aftermarket CPU cooler like Noctura and OC your CPU.  You should easily get 4.4ghz on air.

Posted

Get an aftermarket CPU cooler like Noctura and OC your CPU.  You should easily get 4.4ghz on air.

I'll do that right now. My CPU already has a decent built in cooler as is. I will see if i have access to an auto OC feature first.

Posted

I'll do that right now. My CPU already has a decent built in cooler as is. I will see if i have access to an auto OC feature first.

If you're using the stock cooler that came with the CPU don't use that to OC as that'll overheat your chip and possibly fry it.

Got for something like

cooler master hyper 212 evo

or

noctua nh-d14

Posted

If you're using the stock cooler that came with the CPU don't use that to OC as that'll overheat your chip and possibly fry it.

Got for something like

cooler master hyper 212 evo

or

noctua nh-d14

I'm actually using the Hyper 212 evo right now. I'll get a friend to help me to OC my CPU since i haven't actually tried overclocking a PC before. Appreciate the replies, suggestions.

Posted

I have the same cpu, but with a gtx 970 ftw. OC'd to 4.5 with an aftermarket cooler, and it runs 56-60 open areas/most quests, 45-55 heavy grinding 5 man with effects, and 34-44 in Heidel. Like other guy said, OC and you'll see a big difference. Obviously a better card would be good all around (other games, etc) but it really doesn't matter if you're cpu isn't up to speed. PM me if you need any help OC'ing it, good luck. 

Posted

Like most people, my performance drops horrendously when in Heidel or any other populate area. However when out in the world farming mobs or exploring i get around 40 - 60 frames. I run my res @ 1920 x 1080 with texture and graphic quality both on high and i have everything else turned on besides Anti-Aliasing, SSAO, Improved distance and High-End mode, of course.
I would like some honest advice on what i should try and upgrade as to be able to run this game comfortably on high with everything turned on ( besides High-End mode ).

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit
Video Card: GTX 670 SLI

Now i realize that the GTX 670 is outdated but i am running SLI and i do just fine on most other games on high or almost maxed settings. I'm just looking for some advice or hopefully to get pointed in the right direction, thank you.

OK, I've got an answer for you, in order to significantly increase the performance ... 

a ) U need a solid graphic card, as this game does not make a good use of SLI, 1070 GTX OC would be smth to go for.

b ) CPU Wise, you need OC either i5/i7, It's been a topic of discussion for many months, but essentialy it goes like this.

Game does not & Will not use 100% of your CPU capability, therefore the max you will probably see is like 70%'/80% load. This does not mean you cannot increase the amount of FPS your computer can generate.

Very shortly and briefly it works like this:

Processor A:

3000mhz - score 3000 (1 mhz = 1 point)

Processor B:

3000 mhz - score 6000 (1mhz = 2 points)

By overclocking CPU, you not only increase the CPU power in general but its like you grow the power of each Mhz, so that 1 Mhz in TOP OCd proccesor does more than 2 for ex. in non Ocd average CPU.

Yes it does work like this, extensive tests have been made in Lineage 2 MMORPG over the years, because the game had the very same issues, simply - you cannot have hunds of people around and expect the game to perform great.

In korea they have introduced a "performance boost patch", where you can currently switch off all parked horses etc. - it does increase amount of generated FPS in cities, I highly doubt it will affect mass pvp in a meaningful way.

Now that is clear, let's get to the point:

a ) GET WINDOWS 10 - it does increase the CPU capability

b ) GET 1 solid card, not an outdated one and surely not SLI for MMORPG. I recommend 1070 or 1080 if u could budget it.

c ) THE MOST IMPORTANT AND CHEAPEST SOLUTION would be to see, if your motherboard (just type the name in google) is fine for OC - if so, get a CPU fan for 30-40 euro and get new thermal compound (with silver I recommend Artic 5), get it installed and OC it, (you turn off the turbo boost) and get the CPU to at least 4.2 if you're lucky and your motherboard is meant for OC 4.3-4.6 with this particular CPU unit. *** This will increase your overall performance dramatically. 

Finally, your SETUP is getting older its like 2012/2013 config, R? Eitherway, if you're planning to spend your time playing MMORPGS and will eventually buy a new setup...

Remember i7 does increase the performance. 

Yes you need to overclock your CPU (cannot use basic INTEL cooler, need FAN/Water cooling it does not cost much but will get your temps down significantly, especially when OC'd). It requires motherboard made for OC, nowadays those are z170 models or so I believe. Eitherway "Z Chispet" or just look it up on tomshardware or anywhere in google really. 

And yes, do not - under any circumstances go for a 2 medium-high end cards like 670x2, instead of going for like 1080/1080ti, while the "performance" on say 2x 1070 might be 20% better than on a one 1080, not all of the games utilise SLI - especially not MMO's.

With all that being said, what could happen if you were to make at least a CPU OC upgrade? You will get higher amount of FPS on grind, perhaps stable 35-40 fps in towns, but during HUGE mass pvp you will not get more than 15-20, no matter your PC SPEC, its not like game will use all of your PC power - it simply is not optimized for fights of such scale (no mmo is...). Regardless, the diff will be there - you will be able to watch movie on 2nd screen, stream + play and have 15-20 fps on siege, whilst other may struggle with just the game alone and 10 fps.

Finally, get the OC on CPU and your overall performance will increase, cheers.

Posted

Okay here is what you can do: 

Decrease texture quality, because in high the game eats 2,7-3,4 GB VRAM depending on the situation (all maxed out in 1680x1050). And no, in SLI while using DX11 and older your VRAM doesnt add up.

Overclock, since the game is heavily cpu dependend due to bad code. 

Use high clocked ram. Increased memory bandwith means more data can get to the CPU, which then can work faster through the job. 

Generally speaking, both overclocking your CPU and RAM can increase your FPS a lot: https://youtu.be/Er_Fuz54U0Y

Alternativly you can wait for AMD's new Zen CPUs in early march: 

ADskbDx.thumb.png.68e3a2ecde01a46b526434

These are the rumored prices. Performance-wise we can safely assume that AMD is going to Hastiludium Intel's butthole, with out lubrication. For around 360€ you could get a R5-1500, a decent mainboard and 16 gigs of DDR4 ram. The best thing is: they will be free to overclock. No K-CPU & Z-MoBo bullshit.

Posted

Well you people haven't failed to deliver on the help, that's for sure. I OC my CPU and i was just grinding Bashim for about 2 hours. 60 FPS the entire time. I still get about 40 FPS in Heidel or other populate areas but that's fine. My goal was to be able to farm and kill mobs, explore, gather, ect and do so with a solid 55 - 60 FPS. OC'ing my CPU is exactly what was needed!