• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

XP - 100% solo, 110% in a 2 party, 125% when in 3+ party

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Can I suggest players get more XP when in a group than when solo as a base level. I know you have party buffs and potions but these don't foster social interaction among the community of players. Sure we do groups for scrolls but other than that it's more cancerous an existence. This would also relieve the PKing somewhat and if declaring is done then we'd have a good little skirmish of a few player instead of just solo bullying.

How about 100% XP when solo and 110% in a 2 person party and 125% when grouped in 3 or more? Buffs not included.

I think it would add a positive to the game.

Thoughts?

2 people like this

Posted

you get substantially higher clearspeed and the ability to hold a spot much easier than solo players, so partying already seems like a massive advantage.  even with any form of mob XP reduction in a party you should already be getting more xp/hour so I don't think it needs any more experience benefits.

maybe a player-to-player trade system for gear that dropped while in party play would be a better incentive for people to group up. though ... I guess folk don't like sharing much these days.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I believe you already get 70% each with 2 players and 50% each with 3 players or more.

It's not listed anywhere but you can test it out.

Edited by Not_Alice

Posted

I believe you already get 70% each with 2 players and 50% each with 3 players or more.

And so you get less XP when grouped. Foster groups by giving us more XP than solo.

Posted

And so you get less XP when grouped. Foster groups by giving us more XP than solo.

but you clear faster - meaning you're getting more xp overall

Posted

For any level there is a "break even" point, where partying up does not pay off. (As already said earlier, the strategy is always: a party kills faster, so even though the exp per mob is shared, in the long run you accumulate more)

Example: Sausans... if your level is <55, a player makes more exp in a party of 5 then solo (but only if the solo players gear is "low"... like +15max). At 55 you are better off in a party of 3, then solo, or party of 5. With 56 you are better off soloing then any party (2, 3, 4, 5 does not matter). Of course, your gear is always quite important, if your gear is just +15 at lvl 56, you will be still doing better in a large party.

Example 2: Gahaz Bandits... at lvl 56 any Gahaz mob gives 0.004 exp, with the "extra 200%" daily bonus, it is 0.008 (shouldn't it be actualy 0.012... it shows how Kakao works here, either it is a bug, or they are bad at translating). In a party of two the exp is more then just halved, one would expect you get 0.010 exp for 5 mobs in a party of 2, however it is not true, you need to kill 6 mobs to get 0.010 exp...

I think some sort of party bonus would increase the social component of the game, right now there is no co-op, no need for co-op.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Group experience gain was reworked in KR and it was ready for us in NA/EU
The actual list can be found example: http://black-desert.com/news/party-system-and-energy-changes/ 
Solo = 100% per kill
2 players = 60% to both, = 120% per kill
3 players = 50% to all = 150% per kill
4 players = 50% to all = 200% per kill
5 players = 50% to all = 250% per kill

Before rework it was:
Solo = 100% per kill
2 players = 50% to both = 100% per kill
3 players = 33% to all = 100% per kill
4 players = 25% to all = 100% per kill
5 players = 20% to all = 100% per kill

But the actual list of this rework is in Korean forums

but you clear faster - meaning you're getting more xp overall

Group experience sharing range is 125 (meters) so your group can clear much bigger area and much faster. SO while in a group you should be able to earn more experience than as a soloing.

Edited by Pohjantikka
1 person likes this

Posted

do you know when this will hit EU/NA?

Was already implemented a long time ago.
Do not have the link for the patch notes though.

2 people like this

Posted

do you know when this will hit EU/NA?

Yeh, it was done long time ago. And it was already in our version.

SO right now we have the reworked version

Posted

Was already implemented a long time ago.Do not have the link for the patch notes though.

Well either it is not implemented yet or bugged.

I just looked at it for some time. Each mob, that yields 0.002 exp solo, gave 0.0006 exp in party of two, thats 60% of the base exp and just 30% when shared. This is true for 500 consecutive killed mobs, so there is definitely something off.

Posted (edited)

Well either it is not implemented yet or bugged.

I just looked at it for some time. Each mob, that yields 0.002 exp solo, gave 0.0006 exp in party of two, thats 60% of the base exp and just 30% when shared. This is true for 500 consecutive killed mobs, so there is definitely something off.

You should test this at low levels when you earn something like 0.139% per kill
So you can actually see the difference. At high levels the % thing is really odd, because you are actually getting 0.002xxx% exp

Edited by Pohjantikka

Posted

You should test this at low levels when you earn something like 0.139% per killSo you can actually see the difference. At high levels the % thing is really odd, because you are actually getting 0.002xxx% exp

True, on the other hand, after 500 mobs... it is 1.000 when soloing and 0.3 when in party of two, there is no way to explain that. Even if the exp is 0,0021000000000000000001 for soloing, it would never ever ever could turn out to be 0,00069 when in party of two, IF this "bonus" would work.

Posted

Well as I said already, you should test this with low lvl characters the expi difference is MUCH easier to check.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0