• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Margoria Phantom Ship

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What do we know about these things? One thing we can tell depicted here is they appear in the Ross Sea ( best I know they appear in any Shrouded Sea ). They seem to appear as a random encounter centered on a ship with cannons ( no fishing boat encounters for me yet ). Unlike NineSharks, Living Pirate Ships and Black Rusts etc, they do not appear to roam or be in the world unless shrouded before these encounters trigger. 

So whats up with these? Anyone got info out there? 

ghost ship ross sea.png

Edited by GreenBeanDemon

Posted

I assume to prevent AFK sailing training.  (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ 

Posted

They're random encounters witch prevent you from sailing until you deal with them.

There are 2 ways to do that (if there isn't a glitch)

1) defeat the skeletons that board your ship.

2) defeat the ship itself using cannons

It's more of an irritation then a real challange even for a lone player because the ship just stays in place and skeletons are not that hard to deal with. But you're not shielded from other damage while they attack. So if you were running away from a sea monster you might get screwed as it forces you to stop and you cannot move while it's "alive".

Known glitches:

1) skeletons didn't spawn - only way is to destroy the ship, really annoying when you're on lone trade ship.

2) ship doesn't stand still - you're luck if it hunts you, I saw it going after another ship after preventing you from sailing.

Posted

They're random encounters witch prevent you from sailing until you deal with them.

There are 2 ways to do that (if there isn't a glitch)

1) defeat the skeletons that board your ship.

2) defeat the ship itself using cannons

It's more of an irritation then a real challange even for a lone player because the ship just stays in place and skeletons are not that hard to deal with. But you're not shielded from other damage while they attack. So if you were running away from a sea monster you might get screwed as it forces you to stop and you cannot move while it's "alive".

Known glitches:

1) skeletons didn't spawn - only way is to destroy the ship, really annoying when you're on lone trade ship.

2) ship doesn't stand still - you're luck if it hunts you, I saw it going after another ship after preventing you from sailing.

Nice info thanks, Any loot known loot table on these things?

Posted

Never got anything from it. Heard it that once it dropped something for the guild(probably coins for sell) but i wasn't there to see it for sure and it migh've been loot from something else since they sometimes bug out and don't show in ship inventory for some time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I encountered this ship last evening on my way to Magoria in the Ross Sea.  I started to fire cannons at it but decided to fight skelly instead.  He dropped 2 gold bars, 100k each.  Good thing since I forgot to bring silver with me.  Once he died I was able to proceed.  The ship appeared as I was traveling through a storm.  I saw a waterspout right before ship spawned.  Was pitch black so made it hard to see ship.  One reason I switched to fighting the mob.

Posted

Never got anything from it. Heard it that once it dropped something for the guild(probably coins for sell) but i wasn't there to see it for sure and it migh've been loot from something else since they sometimes bug out and don't show in ship inventory for some time.

it drops Shiny Golden Seals (Imperial Conquest) like the thieves on land while trading.

1 person likes this

Posted

I encountered this ship last evening on my way to Magoria in the Ross Sea.  I started to fire cannons at it but decided to fight skelly instead.  He dropped 2 gold bars, 100k each.  Good thing since I forgot to bring silver with me.  Once he died I was able to proceed.  The ship appeared as I was traveling through a storm.  I saw a waterspout right before ship spawned.  Was pitch black so made it hard to see ship.  One reason I switched to fighting the mob.

Cool, so loot is possible and Seals of Conquest reported in the next post! Thanks! 

Posted

it drops Shiny Golden Seals (Imperial Conquest) like the thieves on land while trading.

Probably why I did not notice since I never keep count of them in my inventory :D

thx for clearing that up.

Posted (edited)

Encountered this on my life skill char with no gear on it. FML. Surprisingly I managed to switch chars and it was gone when I switched back. 

Edit: Got it 5 times in 30 minutes now...wtf. Does it automatically keep bugging you if you autopath a sailboat too long? I can't even -----ing get out of Ross Sea with this thing bugging me every 5 minutes.

Edited by Eppo

Posted

Encountered this on my life skill char with no gear on it. FML. Surprisingly I managed to switch chars and it was gone when I switched back. 

Edit: Got it 5 times in 30 minutes now...wtf. Does it automatically keep bugging you if you autopath a sailboat too long? I can't even -----ing get out of Ross Sea with this thing bugging me every 5 minutes.

I believe it's "hunting" your character.

Posted (edited)

This is how my guild on our galley encountered it. We were on our way back to the mainland from Margoria, and ended up in one of those torrential storms. A bit through it, even though we could hardly see it I managed to see the ship next to us. I didn't see any waterspouts, though.. but then again it was pitch black so even our player up on the crow's next couldn't see a thing.

I wasn't night, either.. as i'd heard they'd only pop up at night. This wasn't the case for us.

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted (edited)

I believe it's "hunting" your character.

I don't know what it is but after the first time it kept happening every time I put autopath for even a minute. It seems to have stopped now though. 

At this rate i'm never going to -----ing get my Sailing up to skilled 1. If you make a skill that slow at least let us afk level it smh. Might have to start using fishing boat.. Weird thing is I sailed around for hours in Ross Sea and it only appeared once I got on Margoria territory.

Edited by Eppo

Posted

I don't know what it is but after the first time it kept happening every time I put autopath for even a minute. It seems to have stopped now though. 

At this rate i'm never going to -----ing get my Sailing up to skilled 1. If you make a skill that slow at least let us afk level it smh. Might have to start using fishing boat.. Weird thing is I sailed around for hours in Ross Sea and it only appeared once I got on Margoria territory.

It has more of a chance to appear in unpleasant weather (hurricanes/storms)

It can appear in any sea that has the fogged minimap png. Someone posted it earlier, that they get the best sailing exp sailing on the edge of ross that's two paces from being in peyon sea? It's near epheria..http://imgur.com/ep64vO3
I forgot who posted it, but you can try there?

Posted (edited)

It has more of a chance to appear in unpleasant weather (hurricanes/storms)

It can appear in any sea that has the fogged minimap png. Someone posted it earlier, that they get the best sailing exp sailing on the edge of ross that's two paces from being in peyon sea? It's near epheria..http://imgur.com/ep64vO3
I forgot who posted it, but you can try there?

Well I made it out of Margoria and Ross Sea and now i'm back in Ross Sea without any issues so far. I doubt xp is any different in certain locations but i'll have a look at that area thanks

Edited by Eppo

Posted (edited)

Seemly random, with the higher chance in stormy weather like was mention above by Feonie. I can go a couple of hours or see them one right after another. 

If you do not want to fight them on your personal ship then channel swap, go to character select etc will make it despawn. Guild ships are pinned until either your ship or it is destroyed/boarders killed, or you remote collect the ship ( for 10m repair cost :o  eek! ). 

I have been getting mostly 1g bars and Conquest seals along with one stray Golden Pearl for loot so far. And somethings nothing at all drops... 

Edited by GreenBeanDemon

Posted (edited)

Seemly random, with the higher chance in stormy weather like was mention above by Feonie. I can go a couple of hours or see them one right after another. 

If you do not want to fight them on your personal ship then channel swap, go to character select etc will make it despawn. Guild ships are pinned until either your ship or it is destroyed/boarders killed, or you remote collect the ship ( for 10m repair cost :o  eek! ). 

I have been getting mostly 1g bars and Conquest seals along with one stray Golden Pearl for loot so far. And somethings nothing at all drops... 

Yeah i'm gonna keep an eye out for the stormy weather... It seems to be the game's way of checking if you're afk sailing by spawning a tornado in your path, and if you don't respond it sends the phantom ship. That's my guess anyway

Edited by Eppo