• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

State of Ninja is KR

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Any of you guys play on KR? Are we any different right now in NA? Any positive updates to look forward to?

I'm unimpressed with our damage at 206 AP compared to some other classes..

1 person likes this

Posted

Serpent ascension.

Posted

Not enough, when compared to other classes easy abilities. 

Posted

You definitely should not be unimpressed with our damage. If you are, then you're doing something wrong.

8 people like this

Posted

Our damage is good, it just takes much longer for us to get it all out when compared to other classes. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Couple months back, BJGodNA commented that he rerolled classes because he thinks Ninja is weak. Awakening didn't seem to change his mind much, but he was a bit impressed by one ninja who he fought on vid. Maybe next time, if I can catch his stream, I'll try to ask him about it. The other KR ninjas like spike have basically disappeared.

Edited by Xenon
1 person likes this

Posted

That's what i am saying. If we weren't actually shit there would be a lot more of us, Sanks can chirp about how good our class is but the numbers don't show that. 

It's not a lack of fun because our class is fun as hell to play, it just lacks impact in Zerg War. 

2 people like this

Posted

WE ARE JUST SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE

Posted

The best way to increase our impact is to improve our invisibility. 

Posted (edited)

Any of you guys play on KR? Are we any different right now in NA? Any positive updates to look forward to?

I'm unimpressed with our damage at 206 AP compared to some other classes..

ninja damage is pretty dam good Imo just defense is lacking a lil without evasion build. But I guess that gives you the option to be brawler or assassin. You know 1shot from stealth then dip lol

Edited by SexGawdTy

Posted

I think Ninja should get normal movement speed in stealth. Would be an easy change to make us much more impactful in large scale pvp which is our vulnerable spot and also in other player fights.

2 people like this

Posted

If they QQ enough maybe a buff will happen kek.

lol.PNG

Posted

Perma linked the question, main point is from LuckyFennec: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5frk0u/maewha_awakening_chase_compared_to_musa_awakening/dan12la/

Though it is from early December, not sure if there have been significant nerfs since then (or buffs to other classes) to make this statement void.

W100 streams bdo in kr! https://www.twitch.tv/audtm79

but yeah forums think ninja is dead cause all they did was buff the 100% in shortsword while other classes got better buffs lol. 

KR ninja forum: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4527

The buffs were entirely pointless to awakening gameplay, that patch changed absolutely nothing and was more likely meant for Taiwan, which is still is limited to Calpheons area, just that KR mentions every buff/nerf/change they get (someone would need to check out the TW patch notes)

And as for the crying: As if there aren't as many incompetent players in KR as there are here who would cry about everything, it's the same as in every game.
http://puu.sh/u2nxu/40223d25ef.png 
9 threads, 6 crying and all 6 from the same user. Who would listen to that? Especially as some threads contain zero words, that stuff is shit useless.

Posted

Perma linked the question, main point is from LuckyFennec: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5frk0u/maewha_awakening_chase_compared_to_musa_awakening/dan12la/

Though it is from early December, not sure if there have been significant nerfs since then (or buffs to other classes) to make this statement void.

The buffs were entirely pointless to awakening gameplay, that patch changed absolutely nothing and was more likely meant for Taiwan, which is still is limited to Calpheons area, just that KR mentions every buff/nerf/change they get (someone would need to check out the TW patch notes)

And as for the crying: As if there aren't as many incompetent players in KR as there are here who would cry about everything, it's the same as in every game.
http://puu.sh/u2nxu/40223d25ef.png 
9 threads, 6 crying and all 6 from the same user. Who would listen to that? Especially as some threads contain zero words, that stuff is shit useless.

Some threads contain a lot of insightful information. Its a ashame officals never take it seriosuly adnn the thread dies. I mean its not like ninja , kuno and tamer are so bad important content, that big guilds doesn't want them. riiight?

Posted

Some threads contain a lot of insightful information. Its a ashame officals never take it seriosuly adnn the thread dies. I mean its not like ninja , kuno and tamer are so bad important content, that big guilds doesn't want them. riiight?

I meant the one on inven. More than useless:

This is the first page there and only useless QQ threads.

While there is some stuff they should react to (i.e. far too powerful 100% BSR skills), I personally would never listen to normal class balance from any community.

• They aren't in unity (some think a class is too weak, others think its powerful. What to decide on?)
  • Tend to lack the experience with all classes to see how it affects other classes
  • For publisher/devs it also isn't easy to figure out how skilled the playerbase is.
    • Mediocre players shouldn't get their class buffed only becaused they asked for it when it might make experienced players unbeatable.
  • Feels like some people don't realize what kind of game they're playing.
    • E.g. Berserkers grab chain, while really annoying in a 1vs1, isn't as annoying when you have other people helping you. Point is, some people try to shift the game into a place where it doesn't belong.
  • Forum in itself is already a minority, you don't reach that many players via it. They would then also need to make decisions based on a really small percentages, which may not be of liking the rest of the community.

What would you do if Koreans tell you A, Japanese people tell you B, Russians tell you C, players from EU/NA tell you D, Taiwanese people E (and those who can play due to no IP block F) and future players of South America G? You won't be able to satisfy all of them with your decisions and most certainly not when it comes to class balance.

And from my POV (of only ever playing KR MMOs), it feels like they're cursed with making MMOs, but have to fail class balance instead. I stopped expecting anything from Koreans regarding this matter, except that it'll only get worse.

2 people like this

Posted

Hidden Content

While there is some stuff they should react to (i.e. far too powerful 100% BSR skills), I personally would never listen to normal class balance from any community.

How would you know what to react to if you would never liste n to normal class discusions from the community?

Hidden Content

• (1)They aren't in unity (some think a class is too weak, others think its powerful. What to decide on?)
  • (2)Tend to lack the experience with all classes to see how it affects other classes
  • (3)For publisher/devs it also isn't easy to figure out how skilled the playerbase is.
    • Mediocre players shouldn't get their class buffed only becaused they asked for it when it might make experienced players unbeatable.
  • (4)Feels like some people don't realize what kind of game they're playing.
    • E.g. Berserkers grab chain, while really annoying in a 1vs1, isn't as annoying when you have other people helping you. Point is, some people try to shift the game into a place where it doesn't belong.
  • 5)Forum in itself is already a minority, you don't reach that many players via it. They would then also need to make decisions based on a really small percentages, which may not be of liking the rest of the community. 

1, Unity is not important. Pleasing the majority is. I say this because some players will create a false oppsoing comment to keep characters from getting legiamte help. Some people like playing weak characters to feel more unique rather than think about balance for their entire character's community. Like for example if a lot of people can agree tamer is a awful character, shouldn't devlopers go '' hmm she probably needs a serious tweak..'' I'd also help them if they played that class in their own game and where many people agree she suffers. Then play a overpowered class and report the unbalanced differences

2.That's not everyone though. You'll find our skilled players know about their enemies kit. For example, musa really suffers from warrior because he lacks a grab, and grab is warriors weakness.

3 You'd have to be invested into the community to know how skilled people are, what they should be doing and check if they're doing it right.Even if playing perfectly and they're still complaints, its not balanced.

.Some of PA'S design are met with slience when players try to figure how something works. For example, noone knows how much evasion muskan boots add. We just know its high priced so get it. PA doesn't do a well job of transfering this information.

4. The majrotty does, actually. This game is broken down to a few catagories

1v1

small scale

wide scale (node / siege)

pve

Whats good in 1v1 may be awful in siege, like ninja for example. Hes a awful siege character and his kit does not work as intended for the most part. Ninja is also a complex character with lesser reward for his hard work .What that means is, he has to do a series of combos to be equal to warriors one cookie cutter combo, or sorc skpin. berserkers grabing cheese add ect.. Unlike ranger who can be difficult and rewarding at all catagorites. Whats consider the most important pvp is siege play. And I don't know if you've seen complaint fourums here , but there are top leveled guilds kicking shortsword classes out because they're not asviable as overpowered games.Does the game not deserve to be balanced and fair?

my advise to devs is to place ninja in siege without anything special and look at community videos of the struggles of flawed design

5. They have more than enough power to advertise their message ingame and bring more pwople to forums for serious discussions if they truly wanted a good change. I mean, even I could do that. And I have no special privliages to BDO. If you make a mega call to every tamer in BDO to weigh in on their opinions, im sure all the serious ones will come

3 people like this

Posted

How would you know what to react to if you would never liste n to normal class discusions from the community?

Normal class discussions on the forum usually go "we're so weak, buff us", while a few people try to explain that no, we are not weak. But the majority of the people here are here to complain, while most who are understanding that things are fine, they don't come here. They have no reason to come here, they don't need to complain. 

While, sure, there are a lot of things that need to be fixed for all the classes, most of the suggested solutions are outrageous. People want super armor or frontal block on serpent ascension. An ability that could be, already, counted among the most powerful abilities in the game - people want to buff that. So of course they can't listen to too much on the forum, it's mostly bullshit. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Normal class discussions on the forum usually go "we're so weak, buff us", while a few people try to explain that no, we are not weak. But the majority of the people here are here to complain, while most who are understanding that things are fine, they don't come here. They have no reason to come here, they don't need to complain. 

On witch/wizard forum noone complain,ofc not the player who play witch/wiz :P

Edited by Angryman

Posted

On witch/wizard forum noone complain,ofc not the player who play witch/wiz :P

Witches and Wizards complain as well. Just about other things, not damage. :P

2 people like this

Posted

you are all right... i see alot of ninjas and they are nearly all shit.. and then i know 2 ninjas that are maybe the most tanky classes ingame while they still onecombo or even oneshot ppl. 

But not my business i think.. ninja is very strong and maybe the strongest classes for opvp at all. And in sieges yea maybe not for the brawl fight, but if you dont see what ninjas can do and how crucial they are.. idk what to say. 

4 people like this

Posted

you are all right... i see alot of ninjas and they are nearly all shit.. and then i know 2 ninjas that are maybe the most tanky classes ingame while they still onecombo or even oneshot ppl. 

But not my business i think.. ninja is very strong and maybe the strongest classes for opvp at all. And in sieges yea maybe not for the brawl fight, but if you dont see what ninjas can do and how crucial they are.. idk what to say. 

Couldn't agree more.

Posted

While, sure, there are a lot of things that need to be fixed for all the classes, most of the suggested solutions are outrageous. People want super armor or frontal block on serpent ascension. An ability that could be, already, counted among the most powerful abilities in the game - people want to buff that. So of course they can't listen to too much on the forum, it's mostly bullshit. 

I  agree that serpent doesnt need frontal or super armor other skills can set it up just fine honestly like katana shower(if it cc'ed more often). I wouldnt wanna come out of stealth with a cc proof serpent because itd be too easy

Posted

our dmg are just harder to put, but we got a nice awakening if you wanna go for a mobile playstyle, otherwise, if you wanna ease up , then ninja ain't the class you should go for

If a ninja catchs you, in 1v1, you are more less dead if he plays well and pays attention to his cc.

I have 193 ap in awak, and i can't destroy people habing 260 dp or more, easily, or even the ones with 290 even if it's a bit harder ( due to rng on cc)

Posted

our dmg are just harder to put, but we got a nice awakening if you wanna go for a mobile playstyle, otherwise, if you wanna ease up , then ninja ain't the class you should go for

If a ninja catchs you, in 1v1, you are more less dead if he plays well and pays attention to his cc.

I have 193 ap in awak, and i can't destroy people habing 260 dp or more, easily, or even the ones with 290 even if it's a bit harder ( due to rng on cc)

I must be doing it wrong.

I'm going to try and up my accuracy somewhere, the duo red coral isn't doing it.

I have 204-206 ap depend on if my tree belt is blown up, with multiple precision gems and trying to wipe out someone with 290 DP is one combo is impossible for me. Not sure how you guys are doing it. 

Serpents is a great attack. The rest of it not so much.

The back line wizards are strong than ever and almost always have a body guard now with a grab so actually finishing that Wizard quickly enough is borderline impossible most times because they have that -----ing teleport not to mention mana shield.

We are supposed to be the anti back line,l but between the rangers ability to 1 shot pretty much anyone and the Wizard ridiculous kid it's harder and harder to stay relevant.

Maybe I'm just a shit tier ninja and you guys are godly who knows.

We should meet up in game and have some fights for funnzies. Have to fix my red nose though. Just blew up about 300 million worth of crap and the -----er still won't go back to TRI after the TET failure. 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0