• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

State of Ninja is KR

58 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd just wait for the MH re-balance dev has planned if you plan on quitting ninja. See how it goes with mh re-balance first.

I for one enjoy my ninja just fine. I can kill anyone i want.. Minus some Zerkers that i just cannot kill. 

Posted

MH rebalance? 

Posted

MH rebalance? 

"Second awakening".

Posted

Lol another weapon to put all the Money in and a lot of luck to get the Boss weapon of it...... -.-

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol another weapon to put all the Money in and a lot of luck to get the Boss weapon of it...... -.-

Nope, just looks to be bringing your existing mainhand weapon up to awakened potency, if I am to understand correctly.

Posted

So uh... Been playing ninja wrong for a long time...

Never used the overhand stance very much, and just using my non awakening skills for movement and such..

Big mistake. It's still very clunky for me and a little sloppy because its a much faster play style and kind of all over the place doing the frontal guard swap shit.. but its made ninja interesting again for me, not sure if you guys who are complaining are doing it that way but its a much different play style and switches up the dynamic a bit.

Also Temple or one of you high geared guys, have you figured how to beat valks after the last patch? They are insane, damage is crazy, and their movement is -----ing nuts now.. Valk guildie is iframing behind me while im block jumping on him... Crazy shit. 

Posted (edited)

Also Temple or one of you high geared guys, have you figured how to beat valks after the last patch? They are insane, damage is crazy, and their movement is -----ing nuts now.. Valk guildie is iframing behind me while im block jumping on him... Crazy shit. 

A really well played valk is very hard to counter, considering they got 360 block and nasty iframes.

To counter an equally skilled/geared/level or higher Valk, it's not really about using a certain skill, but more like forcing them to use cooldowns and utilizing openings with your own ccs. If a Valk is turtleing on you it's very hard to counter it unless you get a good grab in. But there is no sure way to win against a Valk, each one play differently. Much like fighting a warrior, it's about knowing your opponents weakness and utilizing openings that they show before really engaging with skills that leaving you open to incoming ccs.

If I can give you any type of tip, it would be to watch mainly out for two mechanics that the valk uses. The wave of light combo where they drag you in to the center of gravity combined with the Sanctitas de Enslar teleport and the charge combo they use, I'll just call it the Hastiludium charge for now. These are the main mechanics that I have noticed can catch me if I'm not actively paying attention. The rest of the skills can usually be avoided by constantly being on the move and not falling for stupid lures.

Both of these skills can be countered by smart utilization of our iframes, staying mobile and having effects on, but you need to keep an active eye out for these abilities by checking the animations of the Valk in question. Wave of Light has a small yellow circle effect on the ground before it's thrown and Hastiludium charge is the main charge combo that the Valks use by chaining multiple charge and stab abilities after each other, it has an pretty obvious glowing range which need to keep an eye out for. Hastiludium has a big spread on the aoe cc though, so don't stay stationary, keep being mobile while this combo is in use. Also, try to not use block jump for these skills, save it. As otherwise you may get caught anyway because of the large spread cc.

The Valk is only really dangerous when they have the fullbody (E-buff etc.) glow on them combined with their accuracy buff, it's when they can deal a shit ton of damage. You can expect that they will be chaining the Hastiludium charge when this is on as they gain more damage while moving combined with the wave of light. During that time, simply stay mobile with movement and iframes, or maintain stealth to keep your distance, just don't get caught. Then counter attack when seeing a disrupt in their superarmor and block chains. Look out for their superarmor/frontal block skills, when they are on cooldown or not being used properly. Try to save Block jump for these situations, if he counters you again, with death line chase etc. by moving through you, try to re-engage him again straight away with a grab while his main skills are on cd and he can't chain superarmors. If you fail to do so, disengage and wait for the next chance to catch him with a cc.

The thing about valks is that they don't really have much movement without using the charge combo or their teleport skill and except for their 100% rage long cast teleport skill (Sanctitas de Enslar), they have a hard time dealing high amounts of damage to you unless you are caught in their cc, most of the time you can pot through this with health pots, as most of their meele skills, have an arc for damage that is very closely centered around the top of their lance which is also quite small. So unless they are hitting you perfectly on. They may outright miss their skills. So they suffer quite hard from desyncs etc. Which is why they always try to catch you before utilizing their high damage skills. Try to watch out for the cc skills they are using to catch you and find a way that suits you to counter their cc abilities. Do that and I think you will start beating your friend quite consistently.

Of course if you are dueling against your friend without using pots, e-buffs etc. It's a lot harder for a Ninja to win, as he can maintain himself longer with skills such as his 360 block and Breath of Elion combined with his large aoe cc abilities. My statements are mostly based on open fights when everything is allowed. As dueling inside an narrow arena with the rules that apply is usually a disadvantage for the Ninja which can't disengage properly when being cornered within an arena.

Edited by Sansarah

Posted

Great tips man. I'll work on it thanks. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0