• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

For honor vs bdo pvp

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Bdo = Unmathced teams + Unmathced gear favoured for those who were masochist enough to grind same mobs 14hour/day. + No reward for doing pvp + Less skillcap + No proper pvp modes + Nonexcisting class balancing.

Mmo is not excuse. Wow has proper pvp system like For Honor.

Could someone explain to me why this is marketed as pvp game? This is worst game when it comes for fair play and challange.

Posted

Then go play For Honor. The most overrated game of 2017. kkbye

Posted

For honor is crap.

A ton of games with better pvp than BDO and you chose For Honor wtf

1 person likes this

Posted

I was watching at few streams about this game ... 

Everything seems so slow there, and not much going on.

Maybe they are trying to make it more realistic, and you can wield your sword only that fast ... but I don't want it to be realistic xD 

If you like that game, go and play it.

Posted

I think call of duty have better pvp

Posted (edited)

lol. I have For Honor. Its really good. Its pretty much structured pvp where everyone is relatively balanced. Black Desert should introduce a battleground for equalized combat.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan
1 person likes this

Posted

Bdo = Unmathced teams + Unmathced gear favoured for those who were masochist enough to grind same mobs 14hour/day. + No reward for doing pvp + Less skillcap + No proper pvp modes + Nonexcisting class balancing.

Could someone explain to me why this is marketed as pvp game? This is worst game when it comes for fair play and challange.

Sandbox mmo with sandbox pvp. it would be different if this was a theme park mmo like wow,tera and BNS

3 people like this

Posted

If I win someone by outgearing I would feel like shit. 

But people who defend bdo pvp are those noobs who have no skills in any game and feel good about themselves when they win by having gear advantage. Some even reroll for getting proper class because we know half of them are broken too.

Then they mock games like wow and for honor and would get absolutely destroyed by good players and this is in equal enverioment where skill matters more than gear.

Posted

Wtf is this clown still doing here LOL 

2 people like this

Posted

For honor: No waifus

BDO; Waifus 

4 people like this

Posted

But people who defend bdo pvp are those noobs who have no skills in any game and feel good about themselves when they win by having gear advantage. Some even reroll for getting proper class because we know half of them are broken too.

Then they mock games like wow and for honor and would get absolutely destroyed by good players and this is in equal enverioment where skill matters more than gear.

interesting that you would say that, but your argument is null. you can have all the gear in the world but if you cant combo or know how to use your skill correctly you would be put in the dirt.

when i played as a tamer as example  with lower 150ap and and 178 dp i put a zerk with far better gear in the ground it was a case of knowing my class and luck they he did not know his. 

why should players who bust their ass's working their gear bow down and cater to the ones who don't have the time to do it.

this is what sets this game apart is the Sandbox ability of it move at your own pace or step out of the way of the ones that move faster then you can. 

no ones stopping them from playing in game

no ones stopping them from getting gear in game

this game just started to hand stuff to people by these little games they do like the little board game and the dailiy rewards to just appease the people that cant put the hours in like some people that play. 

Posted

Could someone explain to me why this is marketed as pvp game? This is worst game when it comes for fair play and challange.

oh god this guy is still here on the forums talking sht about bdo and saying WoW is better? lmao dude catch a break gtfo already. you've made countless threads months back about the same sht complaining and saying wow is better blah blah blah . You should really get banned already.

Wtf is this clown still doing here LOL 

omg do u remember him too?!?!?!  glad i wasnt the only one.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow has proper pvp system like For Honor.

Played For Honor yesterday with a friend for a few hours, I had no idea WoW had a PvP system where you just mash the buttons to win. If you think WoW has "proper pvp" then go play WoW?

I honestly don't see the hype for For Honor, we were going 5/1 6/1 on takedowns and deaths just by smashing our controllers. 

Posted

BDO's PVP mechanics where created for "Griefing" nothing else.

They are sloppy, exploitative, and unbalanced.

Posted

Played for honor,garbo game in my "opinion" 

Posted

For honor: No waifus

BDO; Waifus 

No waifu

No Laifu!!

10641063_1605427633008287_56413456773927

4 people like this

Posted

Played For Honor yesterday with a friend for a few hours, I had no idea WoW had a PvP system where you just mash the buttons to win. If you think WoW has "proper pvp" then go play WoW?

I honestly don't see the hype for For Honor, we were going 5/1 6/1 on takedowns and deaths just by smashing our controllers. 

This guy literally comes in the forums to promote wow. Im not sure why he still insists on coming here and complaining.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/82885-low-rng-account

please go back to WoW and stay there . thanks 

Posted

I never understood why people say, "if you like X go play that instead". Black Desert's PvP is horrid and unbalanced. It does need a rework. I don't think the poster's objective was to say "this game sucks, don't play it"- but rather "BDO PvP is bad. If only it was like X". I don't think someone should think every mechanic in a game is perfect and does not need adjustments. Black Desert certainly needs a PvP overhaul, in my opinion. Of course, I have hope that the developers will fix that, as the game's popularity in Korea, Taiwan, and in the west has grown by a lot. 

Posted (edited)

For honor probably has the best and most (98%)realistic pvp of anygame i've seen to date. In som eways, I thought BDO would go for some realism level. Or at least dark souls realism level. But whatever lol

It also has a really high leveled skill cap. So not everyone will like that game

Edited by Tvvin

Posted

I never understood why people say, "if you like X go play that instead". Black Desert's PvP is horrid and unbalanced. It does need a rework. I don't think the poster's objective was to say "this game sucks, don't play it"- but rather "BDO PvP is bad. If only it was like X". I don't think someone should think every mechanic in a game is perfect and does not need adjustments. Black Desert certainly needs a PvP overhaul, in my opinion. Of course, I have hope that the developers will fix that, as the game's popularity in Korea, Taiwan, and in the west has grown by a lot. 

This game has potential to be great pvp game. It has smooth combat, outstanding graphics and great world. Here are few suggestions:

1. Add diminishing returns on enchants!! There are currently none. In this game rich get richer and because there is gap which makes it less competive. 

2. More pvp content in general. No just lame sieges where you need to schedule + can outnumber opponents. Like example arenas 3v3.

3. Proper class balancing focused for pvp. 

This game should prioritize to pvp because there are no challenging pve content like dungeons/raids. You need put pvp first and unfortunally it lacks in this game too.

Btw it took me 10second to think suggestions. I could come up easily 100 more for fair balanced skill based pvp.

Posted

Thats a phrase normally used to change a large system used in a game. Like how a few minorities wanted the market place changed from fixed to free status. But I do agree BDO needs better balancing between classes. Every short sword class sucks and thats not  very debateable

Posted

I don't think the poster's objective was to say "this game sucks, don't play it"

Well, check his other threads, most of them are complaints and hate about how "shit" this game is x´D
If that's not his objective, i don't know which it is.

Posted

Mashing buttons would never work against good players who know how to properly deflect and parry

Posted (edited)

Mashing buttons would never work against good players who know how to properly deflect and parry

On that I Agree. Button masher were quicly dispatched by players who knew what they did this week end.

For honor is a good and enjoyable game. A very good proposition, that brings some fresh air to the "fencing" multiplayer genre, like the multiplayer modes of Mount and Blade or Chivalry (and even closer than For Honor, its spin-off Deadliest Warriors), even if each of the mentionned games have their own issues. But it's nice to see knights and such using swords as they should, at last (even if concessions with reality were obviously made), because a warrior in BDO fights like anything but a warrior. More like Sonic the Hedgehog (even the basic attacks are incorrect regarding swordsmanship).
I don't know if it will make a breach on the Esports Scene. It is eligible, has the characteristics and fundations for it, but as it is Ubisoft who develops and exploits it, I won't be over enthusiast about their dedication and support to the game once the fiscal year has passed.

But all of this has nothing to do with BDO.

Nothing.

It's like saying : BDO PvP is unbalanced, play Mario Kart (and WoW is good because it has cars, like Mario Kart). You can like the 2 games for what they are, and how their systems works within their own specifics and rulesets, but what they are is different, and you don't play them for the same reasons.

So bringing another thread using For honor as an excuse just to promote WoW once again, which is a PvE focused RvR Themepark (so who works deeply differently than BDO) is just, as always, irrelevant and pointless.

Edited by Capitaine Courage
1 person likes this

Posted

i played for honor for 15 mins multiplayer and deleted it.  Very slow gameplay, dont like it at all its total shit for me lol

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0