• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Margoria Sucks

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So we were all excited! New content! New loot table! New boats! Flop, flop and flop!

1. Get to Ratt and expect to start a long questline that leads you into a new area of the map. Nope, just a crappy village with no housing, nothing useful but more storage for junk. Did you seriously just launch a puddle and call it an expansion?

2. Sea monsters - what's the point? Guild money? Nobody but guild leaders gives a darn about that. Where is the personal gain for going all the time and financial investment? You're not even giving us hunting experience. WTF. Why bother with guild boats? So we have more money to pay members with? Most guilds have more money than they know what to do with so nobody GAF.

3. No loot table. How do you expect us to get guildies out on the boat to farm these sea creatures? Nobody gets anything for doing it!!!!! At least with guild mission we have a chance at shards and get to keep what we harvest. Horrible.

4. Ship logistics - So you can go like 10 feet before you run out of "power". Heaven forbid you should want to actually farm in Margoria or travel all the way to Ratt. You have one of two choices, remote collect and start in Ratt or start in Oliva/Velia/Lema. Then you have to spend a gajillion silver on ONE HOUR reuse timer breeze crystals. Multiple people can cast them but it's dumb that you get so little power for what Margoria was intended to be. Repair kits also suck. Need 1000000000 of them and an armu of 500 people all clicking the mast just to heal 1% of the ship. Ridiculous.

5. Guild mission in Margoria. Since launch day I've seen ONE guild mission pop up in Margoria. 

Just utter disappointment. Sorry if this hurts anyones feelings. But this expansion did zilch for guild recruitment and retention. Guildies need a sense of accomplishment and some kind of risk versus reward. You offer not one single reason for them to contribute.

TWO THUMBS DOWN TO MARGORIA!

Edited by Stabby
12 people like this

Posted

So we were all excited! New content! New loot table! New boats! Flop, flop and flop!

1. Get to Ratt and expect to start a long questline that leads you into a new area of the map. Nope, just a crappy village with no housing, nothing useful but more storage for junk. Did you seriously just launch a puddle and call it an expansion?

2. Sea monsters - what's the point? Guild money? Nobody but guild leaders gives a darn about that. Where is the personal gain for going all the time and financial investment? You're not even giving us hunting experience. WTF. Why bother with guild boats? So we have more money to pay members with? Most guilds have more money than they know what to do with so nobody GAF.

3. No loot table. How do you expect us to get guildies out on the boat to farm these sea creatures? Nobody gets anything for doing it!!!!! At least with guild mission we have a chance at shards and get to keep what we harvest. Horrible.

4. Ship logistics - So you can go like 10 feet before you run out of "power". Then you have to spend a gajillion silver on ONE HOUR reuse timer breeze crystals. Multiple people can cast them but it's dumb that you get so little power for what Margoria was intended to be. Repair kits also suck. Need 1000000000 of them to heal 1% of the ship.

5. Guild mission in Margoria. Since launch day I've seen ONE guild mission pop up in Margoria. 

Just utter disappointment. Sorry if this hurts anyones feelings. But this expansion did zilch for guild recruitment and retention. Guildies need a sense of accomplishment and some kind of risk versus reward. You offer not one single reason for them to contribute.

1) Go gather get corals make manos, make money. This is also useful for newbs to go there and go underwater for 1)health 2)breath 3)strength leveling

2) Get your WHOLE guild to participate get 10 boats out there. Dominate the sea get tons of money drops for the guild 100mil really sucks right. get paid INCENTIVES. one part of guild can continue kill missions and get even more money.(or solo it's not that hard to do)

3) Step 1 get a fishing outfit step 2 get balenos rod step 3 get balenos food. Fish,get yellow fish(abundant) and relics.

4) It's not that bad. Just don't get ship damaged thats the expensive part, i.e don't remote collect it ever.

5) yeah this sucks.

1 person likes this

Posted

With all due respect Jarvs, have you even done sea monster hunt? There is no dominating the sea because there is nobody interested in going out there. You could put 10 trillion in our guild and we wouldn't buy anything because there's nothing worth buying.

Look, people have to be interested in this content and contributing to the guild getting this money. Daum doesn't give people any incentive to go. They have better things to do with their time that are not only more profitable but more productive. Same with the guild. We could be doing more productive things. Granted shooting someones face off with a cannon and killing sharks is pretty fun. There's just no reason to do it. They need to do what they did with the guild bosses and livertos. They need to give them some kind of loot table so guildies will be interested and the ocean will be contested space.

Here's another problem. Due to the cost of obtaining the means to even craft a guild boat (guild house), most guilds that didn't get one from the event will never see one. So wait until you see these threads blow up over the disappointment of Epheria Sailboats in Marogoria. People are gonna be so pissed. The forums are about to catch on fire about Margoria and the time/money investment.

Risk versus reward. Time versus reward. Money versus reward. No matter how you spin it, Margoria sucks.

Posted

With all due respect Jarvs, have you even done sea monster hunt? There is no dominating the sea because there is nobody interested in going out there. You could put 10 trillion in our guild and we wouldn't buy anything because there's nothing worth buying.

Look, people have to be interested in this content and contributing to the guild getting this money. Daum doesn't give people any incentive to go. They have better things to do with their time that are not only more profitable but more productive. Same with the guild. We could be doing more productive things. Granted shooting someones face off with a cannon and killing sharks is pretty fun. There's just no reason to do it. They need to do what they did with the guild bosses and livertos. They need to give them some kind of loot table so guildies will be interested and the ocean will be contested space.

Here's another problem. Due to the cost of obtaining the means to even craft a guild boat (guild house), most guilds that didn't get one from the event will never see one. So wait until you see these threads blow up over the disappointment of Epheria Sailboats in Marogoria. People are gonna be so pissed. The forums are about to catch on fire about Margoria and the time/money investment.

Risk versus reward. Time versus reward. Money versus reward. No matter how you spin it, Margoria sucks.

why cant you just payout to all ur member?

2 people like this

Posted

With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about there's plenty of money to be made in margoria. Just because you don't know how doesn't make the content suck. =)

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

So I was right, you've never done anything in Margoria except the quests and fishing. Gotcha.

There's fishing money. Just like there has always been in this game and always will be. That's nothing new or amazing. They didn't need an expansion for that. Margoria offers nothing new to you except the ability to dive down and loot junk. I can make 20 times that on land in the same amount of time. So please say something productive to this topic or don't say anything . Everyone in this game knows how to make money. The point of this thread is there's no point in doing the sea creatures and that these expensive and rare boats are worthless.

why cant you just payout to all ur member?

A million per member is not an easy task. The game dictates the max payable amount based on the guild members participation points. Officers and guild leaders have no control over that. But even at 1 mil a day, that's only 1 mil.  That's chump change. I can't speak for everyone but our guildies want something substantial. A reward for all that time getting out there and farming then returning.

Edited by Stabby

Posted (edited)

Most guilds have more money than they know what to do with so nobody GAF.  - False. Also, more guild money = more payout. We got over 600m in drops from magoria monsters, that 600m goes directly into our weekly payout. 

You can turn the items the guild monsters drop into personal items to craft blue ship gear. We split it up between our members who go out on the missions and some of us already have enough to craft the blue boat gear. 

We did 3 magoria missions yesterday in <BlackRose>

Magoria is a lifeskill, guild, and exploration zone. That is all it is. No grinding.

You can make 10m/hr fishing in magoria or more, and if you have M10 trade you can make 100-300m/day. Here is KR fish guide use google translate

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

The expansion does feel lack luster, but personally I love the hell out of the Epheria Ship. Painstakingly working my way up to Skilled 1 in Sailing. Hoping the skill there is similar to Sprint or maybe Instant Accel.

But that is just my opinion.

Posted

Yeah dude its sucks...  except for the fact that its like the most profitable thing you can do now as a master trader.

2 people like this

Posted

I can only play like 3 hours in an evening it takes so long to travel there and back I really can't see the point of it but then I guess others enjoy it?  Meh I want more free time lol

Posted

I believe, we only have seen part 1 of this macaroni Island stuff.

Anyways, looks kinda empty out there and full of #)¤"£ so I am staying on mainland and hear all the screams in chat and on the forum first, before i take my journey out there.

Posted (edited)

Anyways, looks kinda empty out there and full of #)¤"£ so I am staying on mainland and hear all the screams in chat and on the forum first, before i take my journey out there.

Yup, it's a ghost town out there. Even if you wanted to take part in naval warfare there's noone to kill except the people AFK fishing on Velia Beach (evil grin). And that's not even Ross or Margoria.

The reason why noone is out there is because there's no personal rewards of any kind, not even hunting xp. Until they put a loot table on sea creatures and pirates I feel it will remain a "ghost town".

For those that don't know, when you kill those sea monsters nothing happens. You don't jump on the animal and butcher it. Nothing in your inventory either. But if you check the ships inventory (go up to a cannon and hit F5) you'll find that it put a bunch of vendor trash and some crafting items (Epheria Sailboat recipe component) in the ships inventory. That's it. Selling that stuff goes directly to guild funds, which is nice, sure! But the time it to travel there and kill them left a bitter sweet taste in our members mouths. Now nobody wants to do it. It's fun, really! It's just that there's no compensation for individual players.  

Unlike guild missions these pay into the guild funds but there is no guild XP given either. And like I said in my OP there are no guild missions out there. They do exist, but they're up. 4 hour timer.

Edited by Stabby
1 person likes this

Posted

So far there only is 1 part of the island, even in Korea.

There were plenty of warnings ahead of time on the forums/reddit/ingame by people who knew what Magoria was about that not too many people should be disappointed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure how it is in  your guild but in mine, making 300m off killing sea monsters in one day seems like a pretty big accomplishment & reward to them.

Posted

Not sure how it is in  your guild but in mine, making 300m off killing sea monsters in one day seems like a pretty big accomplishment & reward to them.

Do it a few times then come back here and tell me how that's working out for ya. As always it's easier to get officers to contribute to guild events. But when members get out there and come back with empty bags they are less likely to keep doing them. We are a "large" guild w/ active full roster. PVE focused guild and almost all 55+ members.

Our members find it fun, just not rewarding. One mil a day contracts would not make any kind of impact in their interests in regards to hunting sea monsters.

Posted

Do it a few times then come back here and tell me how that's working out for ya. As always it's easier to get officers to contribute to guild events. But when members get out there and come back with empty bags they are less likely to keep doing them. We are a "large" guild w/ active full roster. PVE focused guild and almost all 55+ members.

we've been doing it every day since it helps them work towards our "pay out" goal.

Maybe y'all aren't as good at leading guilds? Idk.

We're pvx, node war focus, mostly 58, etc etc whatever, it doesn't really matter.

Idk what you mean by come back with empty bags. We have guild galley(s) and we go out and hunt these on the daily. Lol. These have a chance to drop up to 100m items. Like.

idk what you mean by empty handed when you can do high end payouts every week without even needing to node war(we still do tho).

Posted

Our members find it fun, just not rewarding. One mil a day contracts would not make any kind of impact in their interests in regards to hunting sea monsters.

Sounds like you have the wrong Members.

Posted

With this expansion I've made around 600 million silver in profit just by gathering coral and crafting the life-skill belts, I've also crafted a ship that is 1.5 times faster than any other boat I had access to. I've barely even touched fishing as my CP's assigned elsewhere, but you can apparently earn an easy 50 million silver by fishing in the new area and selling the fish. 

By all means dislike the new area because it's not your cup of tea, but don't dislike it because you don't know how to play the game. :) 

5 people like this

Posted

I could walk into Rhutums, Catfish and many other level 45-50 areas and pop a few arrows and make over 1 mil. That one mil a day contract is useless in BDO. Just my opinion. Most of our members dont even accept their daily pay cause it's pocket change compared to what they make.

Here come the personal attacks...

1 person likes this

Posted

That one mil a day contract is useless in BDO.

Farm 1 hour of catfish = 1 million silver

Farm 1 hour of catfish AND get 1 million pay = 2 million silver

3 people like this

Posted

So I was right, you've never done anything in Margoria except the quests and fishing. Gotcha.

There's fishing money. Just like there has always been in this game and always will be. That's nothing new or amazing. They didn't need an expansion for that. Margoria offers nothing new to you except the ability to dive down and loot junk. I can make 20 times that on land in the same amount of time. So please say something productive to this topic or don't say anything . Everyone in this game knows how to make money. The point of this thread is there's no point in doing the sea creatures and that these expensive and rare boats are worthless.

A million per member is not an easy task. The game dictates the max payable amount based on the guild members participation points. Officers and guild leaders have no control over that. But even at 1 mil a day, that's only 1 mil.  That's chump change. I can't speak for everyone but our guildies want something substantial. A reward for all that time getting out there and farming then returning.

Heya :3

The sea creatures are actually paying for my guildies contracts.  They average around 1 million (member max) with officers being at 1.5m and gm+co-gm at 3m.  We've been unable to do node wars (we one once) no matter how prepared we try to be because our small guild tries to take T1's and ends up facing guilds such as Critical, BigGameHunters, DeadSerious and I forgot the name of some other guilds, but they were mostly guilds with around 70-80 members, over half of which showed up to many of these node wars to our 8-10. 

So this expansion has made it possible for us to get payouts going again.  Previously we survived off the money from that 1 node which was merely because we got lucky and another guild tried to snipe and didn't show up.

Not every guild is some big huge pvp guild, and many of us still want to enjoy nice contracts as well.  We made 33 million from sea creatures in about 1 hour.  Sure beats guild missions and provides WAY more fun.

Our guild has, at the moment, 39 members but not everyone has 1 million contracts because as you pointed out, it's based off activity and we don't require them to take part.

In the end, this expansion has provided my "social guild" as we label ourselves, a way to spend more time doing fun things together while earning money for our contracts.  It's perfect for a guild like us :3

Also, before you say it, we are aware that you expecting to win a node war with 10 people is ridiculous.  We try any way because it's good practice and breaks up the monotony of grinding, and it's something we can do together.  If we faced other small guilds we may have a chance, or still get owned, but when we see much higher ranked guilds that not only have huge numbers but plenty of skilled and well geared members, it does make us constantly question why they aren't going for a T2 or T3.

1 person likes this

Posted

One of the biggest advantages to being a localized client for so long is we've had the advantage of Korea leading the way in terms of content and us generally getting the updated versions of said content much faster.  For example Valencia 2 was released around December 2015 but many of the locations were overhauled over time to include more density and better drops throughout much of 2016 to the point few people really noticed the difference.

While Magoria did certainly fill many gaps (made underwater useful, added an other way to active trade, added new and faster boats, added non-mission based ways to earn guild money, etc) over all it is fairly content light compared to past releases like Mediah or Valencia.  As we catch up to KR we're going to start seeing some of those lulls KR experiences with new content releases where sometimes new content isn't fully fleshed out yet.  This will likely also be the case for Kamasylva as well where we'll get a few new systems (T9 horses, courser horses, etc) but over all the area we get really won't be useful till much later.

However saying "it sucks" isn't helpful at all.  If you have suggestions on what you want to see or expected to see with Magoria you should state those instead.

Finally, there are items called Origin of Wind that are made in a Tier 4 Ship Part building.  They take 2 breezy crystal (vendor), 2 glue, and 2 shining powder (alchemy) which in turn gives you 5 Origin of Wind that restore's half the power of an Epheria Sailboat (500,000).  They take 30 minutes to recharge and it takes roughly 33 minutes to consume all 1 million power the Sailboat has (2500 every 5 seconds) so you can essentially sail forever long as you have enough HP and are willing to use the consumables.

1 person likes this

Posted

Stabby really, will there ever be a day when you are happy with anything?

1 person likes this

Posted

Im in a weak but funny guild
most of u guys hate us, not all of you
but yesterday we went to a tier 1 node...
yeah the weakest node wars  occur there
but surprisely we encounter Kyoukai and
Hikomori(guilds that are powerful than us)

and we have one of the most funniest node war
that we had have, because of this margoria expansion
we put our tower near the beach and we use our two
galleys and another 2 personal ships

that was so funny cannoning all the invasors, and let you
know that guild ship cannon do a considerable damage
and x4 is a very very good siege machine defense :)

I think this expansion was a good expansion
out Eterniships were the MVP of the nodewar :P

at the end nobody won the node cus we were very strong
with our ships but it was so so funny that we didnt care
the draw

GOOD FIGHT KYOUKAI, HIKOMORI AND VILLAINS :)

and thank you Kaokoa for the margoria expansion :)

Posted (edited)

I've been enjoying it

4. Ship logistics - So you can go like 10 feet before you run out of "power". Heaven forbid you should want to actually farm in Margoria or travel all the way to Ratt. You have one of two choices, remote collect and start in Ratt or start in Oliva/Velia/Lema. Then you have to spend a gajillion silver on ONE HOUR reuse timer breeze crystals. Multiple people can cast them but it's dumb that you get so little power for what Margoria was intended to be. Repair kits also suck. Need 1000000000 of them and an armu of 500 people all clicking the mast just to heal 1% of the ship. Ridiculous.

i understand where you're coming from in some respects tho. In terms of guild money, that benefits everyone. But I do feel like there is a lack of content compared to Mediah, and Valencia. 

Edited by Dremlock
1 person likes this