• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let's make Node and Siege Warring more Meaningful

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here's what you can do:

- If you are part of a small or a fresh guild just started or looking to start Node Warring please consider allying or merging or anything to bring your fielded numbers up. 1v1 for Node Wars theoretically means 100 players vs 100 players. Yet almost no guild brings that many but if all could atleast try to push to 50+ it would give better fights, requiring to think tactics beyond defensive/offensive teams and give everyone participating more epic fights. With those numbers when you win a required node to participate Siege on saturday you definitely should. One of the biggest problems in Siege wars is that most of the guilds who are able to participate them do not. 

- If you are part of a siege guild or any other guild that can muster 75+ fielded then try to stop allying up, if there are allies then set allies fighting eachothers while you go 1v1 with the top dog on the field. Starting secondary guild is nice but as long as your whole playerbase doesn't move in secondary guild try to build it up with some new players, make it a viable 50+ guild and if it grows into siege guild then start next "secondary" guild that could be grown similarly. Don't let the field go stale with only consolidating power.

If you agree with the message then please spread it, specially within your guild. If you don't see results then gather your fellow members around you and poke your guild leadership harder.

Got other ideas? Please share them!

Edited by Gobarnachta

Posted

Look man, we all feel you...believe me. The problem isn't finding 100 people to fill a roster and hit a node---it's finding that many who can get along, listen to instruction, understand game mechanics, and aren't retarded enough to cause brain cancer for raid leaders.  

5 people like this

Posted

Look man, we all feel you...believe me. The problem isn't finding 100 people to fill a roster and hit a node---it's finding that many who can get along, listen to instruction, understand game mechanics, and aren't retarded enough to cause brain cancer for raid leaders.  

Suggestion was 50+ to get into Wars.. and the more important part is to lose the stubborn behavior of not allying or merging if you cannot field that number. For how intellectual each individual you field is I cannot say nor should anyone.. more important is to get the chance to drill together, fight together to find out best of what you have and then progress it further. Or if you like more to keep saying it's always a zerg or people you are supposed to lead are too dumb/undergeared/what have you that is your prerogative, all I am offering are suggestions.

Also if you keep posting I hope you have something constructive to add as I am sure my suggestions aren't only ways to better your game :)

Posted

They should just reduce guild sizes to 50 members.

6 people like this

Posted

Here's what you can do:

- If you are part of a small or a fresh guild just started or looking to start Node Warring please consider allying or merging or anything to bring your fielded numbers up. 1v1 for Node Wars theoretically means 100 players vs 100 players. Yet almost no guild brings that many but if all could atleast try to push to 50+ it would give better fights, requiring to think tactics beyond defensive/offensive teams and give everyone participating more epic fights. With those numbers when you win a required node to participate Siege on saturday you definitely should. One of the biggest problems in Siege wars is that most of the guilds who are able to participate them do not. 

- If you are part of a siege guild or any other guild that can muster 75+ fielded then try to stop allying up, if there are allies then set allies fighting eachothers while you go 1v1 with the top dog on the field. Starting secondary guild is nice but as long as your whole playerbase doesn't move in secondary guild try to build it up with some new players, make it a viable 50+ guild and if it grows into siege guild then start next "secondary" guild that could be grown similarly. Don't let the field go stale with only consolidating power.

If you agree with the message then please spread it, specially within your guild. If you don't see results then gather your fellow members around you and poke your guild leadership harder.

Got other ideas? Please share them!

Why would they? There are 6 strong EU guilds which are at such a level even 5 mergers won't make you competitive.

And let's assume this happens, what do you think will happen?

- Server lag will enjoy it's best moments.

- Highest average DPS guild will win due to this server lag.

- People will quit the losing guild as fighting with these amounts of lag is no fun. As if losing anytime is fun at all.

It's clear that the big guilds don't want to fight each other either. Look at how Sovereign dodged Addicted for example. And on top of that look how stupid some guilds are handling their guild tactics. Instead of taking out the strongest guild first, they let that guild take out the smaller ones thinking they can 2v1 the strongest guild and ending up getting wiped in less than 30minutes.

Sorry man, but this is never ever happening in this game.

Posted

The reason behind your post has merit to it, but it doesn't quite work. You say if one guild is fielding 75 or more players they should drop solo or at least 1v1 the other guild that is 75+ however, you're not factoring in gear,skill, and experience. Not all guilds have the same gear req as others or have the best class composition. Sometimes it is necessary for larger guilds to need help to take out the stronger foe.   

Posted

Allies will never go away, soon as you drop yours, your enemy will bring them. Most your ideas are unrealistic. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

People always coming and going and reforming in this game.  PA just needs to fix their laggy shit.

Edited by LordLeshil

Posted

honestly best solution.

70+ man guild sieges/nodes get laggy (both network and FPS) even with supercomputers once U get in render range of a base, and lean way too much on suicide push mageballs. Even as a Witch, most fun part of a siege is looking at the scoreboard at the end. Regardless of us winning or losing, its usually just not fun, period.

Also the 100 man guild cap only means top guilds stacking people who dont even play the game and only show up for siege once a week... doubt you'll find a truly active 100 man guild atm.

Anyway, I used to think just like OP, that guilds should merge and create competition, but having sieged a lot since merge I honestly think its up to devs to fix their shit, as in optimize the game and make more classes zerg PvP viable outside of Warr/Wiz/Witch/Sorc. 

Hell, even if look at Pearl Abyss youtube videos from sieges, they emberassingly laggy. 

https://youtu.be/oa17fYRIMmo?t=1m5s

2 people like this

Posted

FML has the right idea, but a lot of the old guilds that could have had good fights with a geared group of 40 have since merged and joined alliances to try and get 40m a week. After being on both sides of the siege wars, leading a castle conquering guild and now leading a node warring guild. It's obvious that BDO is a game much better suited for smaller scale. Optimization and balance, balance is a lot worse in a zerg ball. Strategy is just as complex with 30 members in a node war, I still use similar tactics. Only difference is rather than pre set teams of 10, I can call my brothers by name based on the situation. A lot of newer players have joined the siege scene as they've seen the old power crumble due to boredom and imbalance. They will see why top guilds are struggling soon enough and one day we can all hope that 5, 40 man guilds can drop on balenos/serendia without an alliance going in and get a good territory war. As of now there is no point with 100 man siege guilds + allies who wish to have a single pvp fight per week and cash out. The opposite of this threads message should be the case. Being cucks to siege guilds and getting handed nodes is not very entertaining, it is embarrassing. Lets get more good fights on more than 1 night per week. Get your friends to stop being complacent in siege guilds and come back to your smaller guilds where there is actual fun pvp to be had ;)

3 people like this

Posted

Get your friends to stop being complacent in siege guilds and come back to your smaller guilds where there is actual fun pvp to be had ;)

261277006321156096.png

Posted

30 vs 30 is a far more fun and interesting node war than a bunch of Zerg pussies beating on each other. 

Posted (edited)

I'd be happy to see this aswell but I don't see that coming out from the developer tho.. for one the guild communities are already established and if they would cut the size in half then those communities would cry out loudly at such change.  

However they could limit Node War participants to 50 per guild and that could be nice. Yet we can't wait for their solutions as even if those would be coming it will take a very long while for them to migrate from KR to EU/NA. 

Why would they? There are 6 strong EU guilds which are at such a level even 5 mergers won't make you competitive.

It's clear that the big guilds don't want to fight each other either. Look at how Sovereign dodged Addicted for example. And on top of that look how stupid some guilds are handling their guild tactics. Instead of taking out the strongest guild first, they let that guild take out the smaller ones thinking they can 2v1 the strongest guild and ending up getting wiped in less than 30minutes.

Sorry man, but this is never ever happening in this game.

Never say never.. I am on US servers as this part of the forum is for that so I can't talk too much for EU side of things but I would not take anything granted, there will be change and with 6 big players instead of just 5 big region holders you will have already some contention, granted it is not much but eventually it will build up and meanwhile the smaller guilds are going to grow and get stronger.

Server lag is annoying too for sure but they are using some new resources into that and hopefully it will get better. For FPS side I suggest re-installing the game once in a while (resetting all your configs by removing BlackDesert folder from documents too) and trying what ever tricks you can find, you never know what might help.. I've even seen changing font to original KR font to help with that! 

FML has the right idea, but a lot of the old guilds that could have had good fights with a geared group of 40 have since merged and joined alliances to try and get 40m a week. After being on both sides of the siege wars, leading a castle conquering guild and now leading a node warring guild. It's obvious that BDO is a game much better suited for smaller scale. Optimization and balance, balance is a lot worse in a zerg ball. Strategy is just as complex with 30 members in a node war, I still use similar tactics. Only difference is rather than pre set teams of 10, I can call my brothers by name based on the situation. A lot of newer players have joined the siege scene as they've seen the old power crumble due to boredom and imbalance. 

I am glad if you have found a niche that works for you. For myself and I bet for many others those smaller scale fights are too individual dependent. As in you might get same excitement as in RBF for less trouble. Less numbers means gear and level of the players matter more than overall tactics and most guilds, like FML, seem to only turtle up unless they see very weak opposition in the field. I haven't fought Vertex so I don't know if your "tactics" are as simplistic but I would assume with lower numbers the depth and breath of them won't go much deeper than couple of squads. Calling people by their names to do their job is more of a squad-leader's job than a war-leader/general. 

They will see why top guilds are struggling soon enough and one day we can all hope that 5, 40 man guilds can drop on balenos/serendia without an alliance going in and get a good territory war. As of now there is no point with 100 man siege guilds + allies who wish to have a single pvp fight per week and cash out. The opposite of this threads message should be the case. Being cucks to siege guilds and getting handed nodes is not very entertaining, it is embarrassing. Lets get more good fights on more than 1 night per week. Get your friends to stop being complacent in siege guilds and come back to your smaller guilds where there is actual fun pvp to be had ;)

Most of the siege guilds have a back-up guild of their own to do Node Wars too so enjoying and winning a siege no longer means you might get only 1 war a week. Nobody here that I saw was saying the new guilds should bow to the will of a siege guild, on the contrary my point was that as soon as the guild has a node that enables them to build in siege they should take that chance and build - no matter the outcome. Sieges are afterall the high-point of PvP week, the grand fight that any PvP aspiring guild should want to be part of. Losing or winning doesn't matter as much as trying. To try harder you can build those alliances with like-minded smaller guilds and then you have a good chance to take out one of the big players. In my opinion to do otherwise for week after week is sign of either cowardice or giving up on the guild's pvp progress.. which is fine too if some guild community find that they have hit the sweet-spot and doesn't want to progress further.

----

Once again if you have ideas what we as community could do better please share us your thoughts and if you find any good ones here please spread it further among your guild as my guess is that only a handful of those you meet ingame do read these forums actively.

Edited by Gobarnachta

Posted

Egos play a big part. Some guild leaders can't stand losing in a territory war so they will do anything to win. If it means bringing a Zerg then so be it. You can't stop that unless the devs rework the way we siege in this game. 

Posted

so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays so many essays 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

after going through the process of a merger to create a mega guild for sieges in my guild's experience the head ache wasn't worth the larger head ache of sieging. We were able to field 50+ however the merger wasn't so smooth as ego's/cultures collided between guilds creating sub pockets of guilds and a division over all.. it's not so simple as just saying "This is in everyone's best interest lets do it!". We left that scene to rebuild and enjoy the smaller scale of t1's over sieges and t3's. The atmosphere isn't as serious and it's more personal when we have 6 parties with different tasks and team leads. Each squad feels more impactful and can really see the difference they are making by doing well.. the same can be said for when one party doesn't hold up their end. We go into wars solo for fun but I don't think there has ever been a war with multiple towers where one guild doesn't reach out to another guild to team up on either us or try to get us to team up against another, (Always have offers for "Let's take the node and split the winnings".) while we deny these requests.. they will never stop from happening.

Edited by Kendrox
Spell check.

Posted

I completely agree, These giant guilds going for T1s and even T2s is hard to believe as it is. If only it was like the old days. Merging is not good if you created a guild because you wanted to be the boss man and allies is good and all but trust needs to be even.

Posted

FML has the right idea, but a lot of the old guilds that could have had good fights with a geared group of 40 have since merged and joined alliances to try and get 40m a week. After being on both sides of the siege wars, leading a castle conquering guild and now leading a node warring guild. It's obvious that BDO is a game much better suited for smaller scale. Optimization and balance, balance is a lot worse in a zerg ball. Strategy is just as complex with 30 members in a node war, I still use similar tactics. Only difference is rather than pre set teams of 10, I can call my brothers by name based on the situation. A lot of newer players have joined the siege scene as they've seen the old power crumble due to boredom and imbalance. They will see why top guilds are struggling soon enough and one day we can all hope that 5, 40 man guilds can drop on balenos/serendia without an alliance going in and get a good territory war. As of now there is no point with 100 man siege guilds + allies who wish to have a single pvp fight per week and cash out. The opposite of this threads message should be the case. Being cucks to siege guilds and getting handed nodes is not very entertaining, it is embarrassing. Lets get more good fights on more than 1 night per week. Get your friends to stop being complacent in siege guilds and come back to your smaller guilds where there is actual fun pvp to be had ;)

This.

x100

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello , Eu player here who is the strongest guild in Na right now ?

Posted (edited)

Less numbers means gear and level of the players matter more than overall tactics and most guilds, like FML, seem to only turtle up unless they see very weak opposition in the field. I haven't fought Vertex so I don't know if your "tactics" are as simplistic but I would assume with lower numbers the depth and breath of them won't go much deeper than couple of squads. Calling people by their names to do their job is more of a squad-leader's job than a war-leader/general.

I had to do a double-take and it turns out yes, you created a thread telling people not to ally up to make node wars more fun.  And then you drop in an insult obviously referencing a node war (Sunday's Rumble on the River at Kamasilve Temple) in which your guild (Iconic) joined forces with two other guilds to try to take down my guild (FML), and got meme'd on with guild barge cannons until an eventual stalemate.  Way to be a part of the solution, chief.

FWIW, we had an awesome 1v1 with Vertex the other night on an unclaimed T2 that also ended in stalemate.  Back and forth, offense and defense on both sides.  No salt all around.  The good fights are still out there as there are plenty of geared and skilled players in smaller guilds who just want PvP and don't need the region payout that you can offset with 30 minutes of grinding per day.

Good luck in Gravity, though. -_-

Edited by Mengsk
1 person likes this

Posted

I had to do a double-take and it turns out yes, you created a thread telling people not to ally up to make node wars more fun.  And then you drop in an insult obviously referencing a node war (Sunday's Rumble on the River at Kamasilve Temple) in which your guild (Iconic) joined forces with two other guilds to try to take down my guild (FML), and got meme'd on with guild barge cannons until an eventual stalemate.  Way to be a part of the solution, chief.

FWIW, we had an awesome 1v1 with Vertex the other night on an unclaimed T2 that also ended in stalemate.  Back and forth, offense and defense on both sides.  No salt all around.  The good fights are still out there as there are plenty of geared and skilled players in smaller guilds who just want PvP and don't need the region payout that you can offset with 30 minutes of grinding per day.

Good luck in Gravity, though. -_-

I am not a shot caller in said guild and my opinions are my own not any guild's. Also Iconic only had 30 people there, not 75+ that I mentioned before. Ascendance even less and no idea what kind of BR huehueing Eternidads did but there wasn't much if any cooperation in that fight. Had FML actually had the sack to venture out of their base and tried to hit one of us more they would have seen how much of helping was done by other guilds. 

You must have a good grind spot to earn you over 20-25 mil per hour, wanna share that with the rest of us? Or if you are counting scrolls sold or GKs then nevermind.. either way you can offset it but real time would be about an hour a day, but why fight an hour a day more when you can just siege at max 3 hours a week, which by the way is hell of a lot more fun than grinding.

Gravity is no more.. nor is iconic. Good luck to you aswell and hopefully if you reply it is with some actual suggestion on how we as a community can make Node/Siege warring nicer for us all instead of this opinionated salt-spree :) 

Posted

It's funny how the guilds that decided to do node wars "for fun" just circlejerk on the forums about how node wars are the most fun shit to do in the game and everything else is done only for a payout. You have to realize that some people do find region wars fun, I personally stayed in a region war guild because of the people, people I do node wars with during the week as well, if you guys decided to leave those guilds and play Dynasty Warriors that's cool too but advertising it as THE MOST FUN to be had in pvp is just wrong.

Posted

... there wasn't much if any cooperation in that fight

Yet we constantly had 3 sided coordinated strikes by all of you. Yeah I don't believe you.

Below is an accurate depiction of that glorious fight.
JXzkBml.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Yet we constantly had 3 sided coordinated strikes by all of you. Yeah I don't believe you.

Below is an accurate depiction of that glorious fight.
JXzkBml.gif

Nice meme, it would be accurate had you guys left your base :^).

Posted

Oh really? So you had true pressure from all 3 sides for whole fight? Give me a break.. you probably didn't even had one side on you all of that time.. at the end Iconic stopped even running there as it was pointless to attack alone against 2-3x numbers that turtle at their base.

No point of arguing it further as both sides obviously will exaggerate their argument, it ended in stalemate - nobody won and most had pvp fun, even if there wasn't much bigger tactics in it to make it epic fun. 

Now again I ask please keep up with the topic and try to post something more constructive, thanks!