• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Low fps

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I recently built my first pc this past weekend and I was excited to finally play black desert in its fully glory. But my fps is low to me, I get constant 60fps outside the city which I think is really good but then inside the busier cities like heidel, it instantly drops to 30fps sometimes 20fps. I dont know if this is normal for me? My specs are:

Processor: i56600k(currently overlocked to 4.2ghz)

Graphics Card:GTX 1070 Zotac Amp edition

Ram: 16gigs, DDR4 2400

SSD:Samsung Evo 750GB(Cant remember which model number, away at work right now)

Motherboard: Asus Z170A

Power Supply: Thermaltake 750w Semi power supply

I have everything updated to the latest drivers, even the bios. I also experience the same results in my other MMOs I play, like guild wars 2, and neverwinter. Gw2 I reach about 80 fps outside the city, then in places like lions arch it drops to 45. Same goes for never winter. I dont mind the drops but those are really drastic, but i dont know if this is normal for the specs I have. Should I switch to an i7 6700k?

Posted

Probably go with the i7 processor. 

Posted

4K or 1080p?

Posted

4K or 1080p?

1920x1080 60hz. Also my temp for my processor is 38 to 40 degrees and my graphics card temp is about 40.

Posted

You'll always get lower FPS in cities and at world bosses, unfortunately. There are quite a few threads on FPS increases on the forums, maybe some of those can help you out.

Posted

Nothing you can do. I run a 1080. And I still get 30 fps standing next to the bank. There is just too many players and their horses standing around. Calpheon is also challenging. Any major city is. They need a function to turn off players, pets, horses, etc.

Posted

Nothing you can do. I run a 1080. And I still get 30 fps standing next to the bank. There is just too many players and their horses standing around. Calpheon is also challenging. Any major city is. They need a function to turn off players, pets, horses, etc.

horses should auto be checked into the nearest stable. That alone would go a LONG way to helping FPS.

Posted (edited)

Dislike people saying i7 will make a huge improvement because that's false.

This game utilizes only 2 processing cores at most, you're better off turning off HT and overclocking to 5.0 GHz to see an improvement. However, even that will be miniscule due to the game engine optimization (Even if it IS a DX11 ENGINE!) . Crowded places just got to much going on for the poor task management design in the game engine to handle. 

Edited by Kukiko
2 people like this

Posted

cfELe17.jpg

Posted

cfELe17.jpg

need one for horses, lmao ppl going to be looking like they are on a magic carpet.

Posted

magic carpet.

Don't give the devs ideas.

1 person likes this

Posted

i just gave a report of my personal experience here

I can compare 4 systems with variations:
- i7 6700K + 1080gtx + ssd (sata) (sys1)
- i7 4770K + 980ti + ssd (sys2)
- i7 920 + 980ti + ssd (sys3)
- i7 920 + 670gtx + ssd
- i5 gen6 + 670gtx + ssd (sys4)

Result:
- Since the described bugs exist, killing the processes gives a huge boost to general performance
- GPU upgrade from 670 to 980ti/1080 made no difference as long as i had the i5 or i7 920
- CPU upgrade gives a huge boost in cities and bosses/node wars
- After CPU upgrade the GPU upgrades give a lot of performance too -> early bottleneck in bdo

For frames:
System - City/World
sys1 - 60/90 (high end mode active)
sys2 - 70/100 (high end mode inactive)
sys3 - 25/60 (medium settings)
sys4 - ~30/50 (medium settings)

1 person likes this

Posted

Funny story - when I got back to the game last month and saw the low FPS I thought they changed the graphics and bought a new card :D
Theeeeeeeeen I ead the forums... :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe that 1080 is bottlenecked by your 60hz monitor, idk if it is your setup but I am running 8 core amd atm with a 144hz monitor and most of the time I get close to 100 steadily. Cities in game are just god damn heavy.

Posted

I have been doing some research and finally got it working.

Uninstall all drivers completely with this

http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v17053-released

Install a fresh driver without any extras

Turn off vsync in blackesert64.exe profile

And in my case, set Gsync to windowed mode and run game in full screen window.

And finally after 7 months of suffering my game feels like this

Running 4790k and GTX 970

Posted

Maybe that 1080 is bottlenecked by your 60hz monitor, idk if it is your setup but I am running 8 core amd atm with a 144hz monitor and most of the time I get close to 100 steadily. Cities in game are just god damn heavy.

Actually thats a good point but i know of the problem, that in some situations the framerate is capped to the refresh rate of the monitor.
I have a 144hz monitor and it runs in 144 hz. If i set some things lower for nouver val5 fights i get 144 fps (not in the fight ofc^^)

But you are right. I will get more if i just run BDO. Thats just not the way i play most of the time. I take my "normal" situation for those fps values:

2 Monitors&1 tv turned off -> 1 BDO -> x264 Player with a tv show -> browser opened in the backround -> some other programs
So please don't focus at the absolut values. Look at the deltas :)

Posted (edited)

OP here. Thanks everyone for all the advice! I played around with some of the settings in the nivida control panel. I turned off vsync, changed the power management mode to prefer maximum performance and set maximum pre rendered frames to 1. This helped alittle bit, not sure if it was this or maybe the update of graphics drivers this week.  Still kept my constant 60fps outside the city but inside it will get down to 39-44 for heidel, instead of in 30s and 20s. 44fps is when I am in the training part of the area and 39fps when going downhill to that lake.

By the way I forgot to mention that I have been trying to play on max graphics. And i did tweak some more settings in game as well, like the view my pet only. I already had the other stuff checked like removed other players effects etc.

This also seemed to work for my other MMOs as well. But I notice when it gets extremely crowded it tends to do that drop, but not drastically as it was before its more of a gradual thing.

But I still wonder about videos I see of this on youtube. They have a gtx 1070 and i7 6700k overclocked but they have steady fps, is this all from the i7?

Edited by siver