• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pre-order not working

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I have pre-ordered 500 weed and I noticed that no matter how high I set the price (I went up to 2200), I always get notifications that someone else got the weed and not me. Then I started camping the MP and sniping. I noticed that my pre-order is being completely ignored. Batches of 500 weed get posted to MP and sold, while I never get anything. Am I missing something here?

1 person likes this

Posted

I have pre-ordered 500 weed and I noticed that no matter how high I set the price (I went up to 2200), I always get notifications that someone else got the weed and not me. Then I started camping the MP and sniping. I noticed that my pre-order is being completely ignored. Batches of 500 weed get posted to MP and sold, while I never get anything. Am I missing something here?

I think they just outbid you.  Also, not everything will go on preorder.  There are times where it will go on bid randomly.  

Posted

People are setting higher preorders.

I've noticed logs can go as high as 20k per log, even though the usual price is under 1k per, and the same can be said of other high-demand gathering items - Such as weeds! 

Posted

Pre-orders are per region, if you have the highest pre-order in Calpheon for instance you will only get the items that were listed in Calpheon. As for prices, 2,200 will hardly ever be the highest for weeds. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not surprised that I'm getting outbut, however, I'm very surprised that stuff goes on bid ignoring pre-order. No idea why that is...

Edited by Coeprandua

Posted

It's deliberate.

Only a portion of items go to pre-orders, so that pre-orders don't become the only way to get certain items. After all, the market is designed so that people can't monopolise things - the rng bid/raffle system, the way only a portion of items go to pre-order, the delay between an item being listed and it being actually available to buy. 

It's set up such that people can't dominate the market the way they can in other games. This is one of the reasons the market tax is high, because it means buying items to relist doesn't generate profit, either. 

Really, if you want an item like weeds, or logs, or rough stone, you need to go and gather them yourself.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pre-orders are per region, if you have the highest pre-order in Calpheon for instance you will only get the items that were listed in Calpheon. As for prices, 2,200 will hardly ever be the highest for weeds. 

Not true a preorder will buy items listed from any region. 

Posted

It's deliberate.

Only a portion of items go to pre-orders, so that pre-orders don't become the only way to get certain items. After all, the market is designed so that people can't monopolise things - the rng bid/raffle system, the way only a portion of items go to pre-order, the delay between an item being listed and it being actually available to buy. 

It's set up such that people can't dominate the market the way they can in other games. This is one of the reasons the market tax is high, because it means buying items to relist doesn't generate profit, either. 

Really, if you want an item like weeds, or logs, or rough stone, you need to go and gather them yourself.

Yeah, that makes sense.

As for gathering them myself... no way. I can still snipe between 2-5k in an hour depending on luck. Gathering that many would use too much energy and take way longer. Thank God there are so many people who actually post these things to MP.

Posted

GM confirmed not region based.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait, people buy weed?

Posted (edited)

I payed 3500 whenever I wanted Weeds. Usually 3200 was good in non-peak times. You're just not putting it high enough.

Edited by Shades

Posted

I've had an insanely amount towards pre order for timber squares for a couple weeks and still nothing. And I know I've placed more than another person did. So maybe I don't have it figured out either? I was thinking it must be region as well. But seeing a GM said it is not region based then guess that's one question answered. I think when I get my amount I need I will make more and sell the stupid things. Might make some good silver from it!

Posted

Here we go again:

1) If you don't get the pre-order and someone else does: you were outbid

2) Whether or not an item is sold through a pre-order or is listed on the marketplace is randomly determined 1 minute after the items are queued (otherwise no one would ever get anything from the marketplace anymore)

3) Pre-orders are not region based

2 people like this

Posted

Here we go again:

2) Whether or not an item is sold through a pre-order or is listed on the marketplace is randomly determined 1 minute after the items are queued (otherwise no one would ever get anything from the marketplace anymore)

I got that. I'm not a child. I was saying that someone I know paid less and got the preorder and I didn't. So I had been wondering. 

Posted

Maybe get into farming xD you get weeds by pruning the crops and you can do it on an alt.  Have about 4k already and just started 5 days ago using 4 10 slot fences and 1 7 slot fence.

Posted (edited)

And yet whenever I try to tell people this, they haul out their pitchforks and tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

Wait, people buy weed?

Yes. It's even legal in some states.

Kidding aside, it's a basic ingredient in alchemy. Sells at max price pretty much instantly.

Posted

Kidding aside, it's a basic ingredient in alchemy. Sells at max price pretty much instantly.

ya I need more weeds man for my alchemy fix..

Posted

You guys won't be happy to hear I always trash my weed then, can't leave any proof.

Posted

GM confirmed not region based.

Not true a preorder will buy items listed from any region. 

Here we go again:

Where/when did GM's confirm that they're not region based?

Posted

There's only a chance that items goes to pre-order. Vast majority of things goes directly to bid and skips the pre-order system. So you also need rng to pre-order.

With really rare items(only 1-3 sold each month) you're better of just trying to make yourself, unless able to wait forever. But with weeds, that's sold all the time, you just need a higher pre-order.

Can also get some fences and plant stuff. You get loads of weed from pruning or killing bugs. If lazy or low on energy, can send workers to the farm and they gather weeds for you. I always have thousands of weeds, because farm.

Posted

ya I need more weeds man for my alchemy fix..

Before I started alchemy, when I was a poor new player, I would sell all my weeds and I had no idea why they were so popular. My friends jokes that I was running a grow op.

Posted

Where/when did GM's confirm that they're not region based?

A number of people have already tested the region based theory and proved it incorrect. For example this person: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4pppod/how_preorder_works/

You can easily test this yourself with a friend. Just buy-out any common item which is rarely sold and bought on marketplace then have your friend in another region place a pre-order for that item, then list that item a couple of times on the marketplace.

Posted

You can easily test this yourself with a friend. Just buy-out any common item which is rarely sold and bought on marketplace then have your friend in another region place a pre-order for that item, then list that item a couple of times on the marketplace.

That's not how BDO players are doing it. There is no "easy testing yourself", there is only google translating korean forums and copy&paste whatever they found.

Of course anyone can test this in 1 minute and end discussion, but most people can only run one circle in sausan and repeat this a million times, no brain cells for anything else :)

Posted

There is around a 20-25% chance the posted items get listed as Pre-Order.
The fact someone else wins the Pre-Order is because they outbid you.
You think 2200 Silver is a lot, but if you think that Logs Pre-Orders are going for 35K each, 2.2K doesn't seem much.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0