• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Renewing focus with upcoming changes.

11 posts in this topic

Posted

For the longest time I've been put off from giving a serious effort in the game because of the shift in meta due to awakening. To be quite honestly the only awakening weapon I cared about was greatsword, and recently Dark Knights. Where as with every other class I enjoyed their original weapons far more. With the recent news that Pearl Abyss is making sweeping balance changes to all classes then making an awakened version of main weapons while also considering a 3rd weapon class for all characters my interest in the game has been lit anew. This brings me back to my original issue prior to the release of awakened weapons.

Who do I main?

2016-12-14_38364601.thumb.jpg.efa2ee942d

2016-12-14_40413073.thumb.jpg.d4cafba5f0

All of my characters are independently geared as I've always been against gear swapping, I like having my characters "Earn" their wears themselves to prove how much I actually enjoy the class. These two are identical in gearing/level while my sorc is Art/Master in almost every life skill (First character) I would include my witch/maewah

2016-11-06_124575148.thumb.jpg.0578178db2016-11-06_122366881.thumb.jpg.e6a64fe37

But my witch has been at level 49 for over 9 months due to a very specific reason overlooked by most people in the game (Not PvP related as she used to be the bane of a few farming areas on Uno) I mean... she has 1243 skill points after all. My Maewah is dedicated to farming Rednose/Tree, have other alts dedicated to various other Field/World bosses as well, but those two were also high contenders for the "main spot"

So alas, if you had to pick one character to focus on giving the circumstances outlined at the onset and the options of Sorc/Tamer what would you pick and why?

*Note that the characters shown are all at least 175ap/160dp+ so gearing isn't "much" of an issue, as well as having at least 900+ skill points.

Posted (edited)

At 175ap/160 dp gearing should be an issue. With that dp you cant even handle bashims.

Hey, if you equip each char with its own gear then you shoulnt be postin here anyway. You wont get anywhere spending silver to equip each char. Or at least, you wont be at par with the top players.

So if you like to rp, then you shouldnt give a fxk about your gear score. If you want to pvp, then you should reconsider your game aproach.

Just my 2 cents. (Im in the lower end of the 1% of top players).

hqdefault.jpg

mL18cbZ.png

Edited by metaxa1331

Posted (edited)

Are they really going to be adding yet another weapon type for each class?  I hope not

Edited by Majorapplesauce

Posted

No they are not adding another weapon type. They are bringing main hand abilities to be on par with awakened weapons. Honestly kinda makes me wanna go back to my Maehwa :o I'm so confused on which class to play now.

Posted

No they are not adding another weapon type. They are bringing main hand abilities to be on par with awakened weapons. Honestly kinda makes me wanna go back to my Maehwa :o I'm so confused on which class to play now.

good. Was crazy enough to get kzarka, kutum, and dandy. Hate to have to hunt down another when the others are not fully enchanted yet:(

Posted (edited)

At 175ap/160 dp gearing should be an issue. With that dp you cant even handle bashims.

Hey, if you equip each char with its own gear then you shoulnt be postin here anyway. You wont get anywhere spending silver to equip each char. Or at least, you wont be at par with the top players

First off notice how I said "At least" and "of these 4 characters 2 are dedicated to specific tasks" like Field bosses/specific farming locations. I also find it cure that everyone assumes the only way to get gear is the night vendor/marketplace. Guess what? You play enough you actually become a supplier of said items when you're done cherry picking the things you want. I gave up on "meta/competitive" gaming in BDO as trying to maintain top 10 in 5 life skill categories as well as PvP was starting to wear me down mentally and physically as I do have a job. The point of me listing those stats was again to point out that once again "Gearing is not an issue" in regards to what ever choice is made as I can either go make a PEN dandy weapon or buy one directly, albeit as mentioned have no interest in those weapons.

Your response had absolutely zero relation to the topic of this thread quite honestly. Which was "In the face of awakening weapons coming out soon for primary weapons who would you main and why regarding Sorc/Tamer"

@Majora during the interview the developers stated that was something they were looking into, not a confirmed development plan as of yet but it IS something on their radar and something to potentially be aware of down the road.

@Ketal they specifically mentioned they intended to rolling balancing of all character before they rolled out awakening versions of primary weapons to add variety to the exhisting characters. It was actually a pretty big ass announcement and not a simple "We are making a few spread sheet tweaks to quell the class balance rage" cliff notes from fan sites don't do the actual article justice if you read the thing in its entirety...

Similar advice can be given to metaxa regarding my post.

Edit: I would like to point out that I read things in their entirety as I read for substance, not context. It's one of the reasons why my bank and paypal rulled in my favor over a large refund with Kakao due to a marketing scam they effectively pulled off many months ago with the game and I'm not banned for doing so. (The illegally breached their own EULA/ToU and multiple US/EU trade laws in the process then attempted to claim "Theres nothing we can do about it")

Edited by CZukoff

Posted (edited)

just sounds like the start of a never ending loop of buffs to me, resulting in the original awakens looking less amazing by comparison.  Meaning that' we'll just be right back where we started while wasting months of development time to get there

Edited by iller

Posted

I dunna.. To me wiz/witch have the coolist waken weapon that blows the staff out of the water.. Then  musas waken is pretty sweet too.. And iv never played it but just from looks that's round circle blade thing one of the female chars has looks bad ass too..  Some classed wakenings are very underwhelming tho

Posted

Are they really going to be adding yet another weapon type for each class?  I hope not

I hope they just boost the Main Weapon.
Call me crazy but I prefer more my Warrior Sword and Shield than the Great Sword.
I miss the mobility which is totally lost with the Great Sword.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope they just boost the Main Weapon.Call me crazy but I prefer more my Warrior Sword and Shield than the Great Sword.
I miss the mobility which is totally lost with the Great Sword.

i do like the great sword. Definitely fun luging one around but something about sword/board that is still just amazing 

Posted

just sounds like the start of a never ending loop of buffs to me, resulting in the original awakens looking less amazing by comparison.  Meaning that' we'll just be right back where we started while wasting months of development time to get there

What it boils down to at this point is you zerg to 56, get your awakening weapon and only look at your primary weapon for a few skill links/keynote combo moves. The entire concept of this game was freedom of expression and choice in how you play. If you read the blog post from the devs their intention is after doing sweeping balance changes they will then awaken primary weapons to bring them on par with our secondary weapons. This effective gives players more options for those (Like me) who really could care less about the new playstyles most of the awakened weapons offer.

I'm going to say this rather bluntly, whet your anus with the finest lube becase whether or not you like it... Its coming.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0