• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What should be the focus of the next Expansion? (After the Dark Elf)

What should be the focus of the next Expansion? (After the Dark Elf)   146 votes

1. 1. What would you like to see in the next Expansion?

• PvE (An Actual Story Line, implement Factions and Faction Quests with unique Rewards and Bonus)
    • Group PvE (Instanced Dungeons, Raids, new World Bosses with better Mechanics, Trinity Mechanics)
    • PvP (more Open World Options, Arenas, Battlegrounds, Karma Nerf)
    • Lifeskills and Economy (Introduce Rare Recipes, New Special Classes with unique Bonus, better Quest Rewards)
    • New Zone
    • New Class
    • Just Fix the Game (Market Place, RNG Nerf, improve World Boss Mechanics, improve Game performance, balance PvP, more Grind Spots)
  2. 2. What you DON'T want to see in the next Expansion?

• PvE (An Actual Story Line, implement Factions and Faction Quests with unique Rewards and Bonus)
    • Group PvE (Instanced Dungeons, Raids, new World Bosses with better Mechanics, Trinity Mechanics)
    • Lifeskills and Economy (Introduce Rare Recipes, New Special Classes with unique Bonus, better Quest Rewards)
    • New Zone
    • New Class
    • Just Fix the Game (Market Place, RNG Nerf, improve World Boss Mechanics, improve Game performance, balance PvP, more Grind Spots)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Quick Poll to check what do you think the next Expansion after the Dark Elf should focus on.
I am personally done with New Zones which end up empty and New Classes which are copy/pasted version of existing Classes with a new skin.
Ideally I would like PA to fix the game and they should be able to do so while implementing new Content, but if they need to sacrifice a new Expansion to do so then I am up for it.
Though personally I really want to see better and more meaningful Group PvE in this game.

Posted

Delete karma > ban all pve carebears > optimize server for more fluid pvp > skill balancing > gear scaling fix > reveal all hidden stat variables

4 people like this

Posted

They've already shown what they're working on.

Dark Knight released in KR.  A week after that Part 1 of the elven homeland of Kamasylvia released.  There will be 3 parts of Kamasylvia all focusing on different cultural and historical aspects of the Elves.  Part 1 is considered an "Introduction" and is a fairly small area.  Part 2 will focus on the "Ganelle" elves, such as the Ranger and the yet unexplored Acher group.  Part 3 will focus on the "Vedir" elves, such as the Dark Knights and the mysterious Aheave.

After Kamasylvia, they'll be working on Dragan (the homeland of the Giants and Dwarves).

Within Kamasylvia we've seen that they're making good on their promise to focus more on cooperative PvE, with the area generally making a lot of people work together for the content.  They also added the Water Lily altar up in the Baltara Mountain range, which has a "Training Altar" quest which you can repeat once a day with a group.  There's an initial form which is showing people how it works, and then a later-released "raid" in which multiple people must protect a few altars from being destroyed by waves of mobs.  The rewards from the second one (including the EXP!) are very good and rewarding to do.

Delete karma > ban all pve carebears > optimize server for more fluid pvp > skill balancing > gear scaling fix > reveal all hidden stat variables

Nah dude, they're focusing on PVE in the newest area expansions lmao.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nah dude, they're focusing on PVE in the newest area expansions lmao.

I have nothing against pve with proper mechanics and a challenging nature, such as 1-hit mechanics and flexible boss rotation, but the pve in bdo is just a nobrainer.. but of course it's easier to release another pack of identical mob spawns

Posted (edited)

Just Fix the Game (Market Place, RNG Nerf, improve World Boss Mechanics, improve Game performance, balance PvP, more Grind Spots

ban all pve carebears

You mean the selfcalled pvper hidding behind their gear power for total unbalanced pvp, and get easy no skill win. Yeah, thoses are the worse kind of carebear.

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted

But the 80% of the PvE carebears keeps this game spinning not the tiny 20% of pvpers .

1 person likes this

Posted

Delete pvp > ban all pvp carebears

1 person likes this

Posted

I have nothing against pve with proper mechanics and a challenging nature, such as 1-hit mechanics and flexible boss rotation, but the pve in bdo is just a nobrainer.. but of course it's easier to release another pack of identical mob spawns

Right, but if you read my post that's not only what they're doing.  They're adding "elements of dungeons in the open world" as they've said they're going to do, with Part 1 stuff likely being a "teaser".  They specifically mentioned that they want more focus on cooperative PVE and to see what they can do with it.

They also said that if those open-world elements don't end up working out due to the nature of it being open-world, that they may end up adding dungeons.  They also stated somewhat earlier on that they want to appeal to casual players (unrelated, considering it requires a pretty high gear investment to get into this PVE stuff I'm talking about anyway), so I really doubt they're going to do much about the karma system.  Their design plan early on (when low karma was less bad to have!) is that they want BDO to be able to be played solo or in a group, that they want people to approach BDO from multiple routes and to not have "just" PvP/PvE/Lifeskills/etc., and that they don't want BDO to be an endless bloodbath.  They've made it worse and worse to be low karma over time, so there's a clear direction there.  This just isn't that kind of game and never really was.

I do like your other suggestions though.  Optimizing the servers would be good for everyone.  Skill balancing's a must.  Gear scaling right now is pretty bad.  Revealing hidden stats would also be awesome for everyone.

1 person likes this

Posted

1. What would you like to see in the next Expansion?

1. Just Fix the Game (Market Place, RNG Nerf, improve World Boss)
  2. PvP (more Open World Options, Karma Nerf)

2. What you DON'T want to see in the next Expansion?

1. Every other option - it is just waste of time.

Posted

Only one answer possible... Damn...

Posted

I didn't find the option but I'd vote for FUN (for everyone) deco_d_pastel_02.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm all for deleting karma, but if we ban all the pve carebears who will be there to cry when you kill them.. might get a little boring.  Sometimes I think when I take  over a grind spot and kill someone they act like they think it's the equivalent of mugging them IRL. Never played a game where people whine so much over pvp.. seriously.

Posted

But the 80% of the PvE carebears keeps this game spinning not the tiny 20% of pvpers .

Haha 20%? More like 2% and they would also cry if they were ganged by even higher geared people. Stupid hypocrites everywhere.

3 people like this

Posted

Factions and Faction Quests

No.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wohh! I am surprised. Nobody want new zones or new classes! - A very interesting poll.

Posted

Content comes a little to quick in EU, they should rather fine-tune and polish the existing stuff first.

Posted

who will be there to cry when you kill them..

The worst pvers are the ones that talk about sharing grindspots lol, I never touch lowbies, at most I cc them and continue my grind.. if I kill a high tier player and he comes back with 5 guild mates, I die, accept my loss and switch channel, I was unable to call reinforcement and lose.. survival of the fittest.. pvp to pve in an ow-setting is a superb concept ;). Only +16 and 3 sec pot cooldowns gave a huge blow to pvp.. would like to see better mechanics and balancing.. bdo surely still has some potential there with a proper vision

Posted

They need to change pvp in this game and make it fun. At this moment if you're not patch favored class you will get rekt easy. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Only one answer possible... Damn...

I actually thought about giving the option of ticking more answers but that would be trusting people too much.
I figured that people would vote for the 5-6 features they don't dislike making the poll redundant.

I also thought about not including the "Just Fix the Game" Option, because I knew it would win and that's not actually new content.
But then I thought that even though it is not new content by fixing existing features this could improve the longevity of the game (which is what generally new content is for).
I also hope that the players desire of sacrificing new content for more polish makes PA realize how important for the players is fixing the existing game.

Posted

They need to change pvp in this game and make it fun. At this moment if you're not patch favored class you will get rekt easy. 

Actually any class can 1combo/1shot any other class except maybe stacked 300dp+ dudes. Class doesnt matter as much as just having the better gear or higher lvl.

Posted

100% sure those pvp ppl use more money because those PvE-only plebs dont need to push for better gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

magoria II

Posted

ban all pvp carebears

ban all pve carebears 

How about we ban any player who can't handle someone playing the game differently to them? :) 

5 people like this

Posted

I'm all for deleting karma, but if we ban all the pve carebears who will be there to cry when you kill them.. might get a little boring.  Sometimes I think when I take  over a grind spot and kill someone they act like they think it's the equivalent of mugging them IRL. Never played a game where people whine so much over pvp.. seriously.

It's your first game where PvE and PvP coexist or something ? 0o

Posted

You made this poll really hard with only being able to pick one honestly I don't know if i'm interested in another zone or class just yet as magoria and velencia haven't really brought any new WORTH while grind spots such as pirates and sausans where you can make both money and exp, while being a highly contested spot. I would honestly really love a second island of pirates which included around the same mob density. 

So in my personal opinion I would love to see 

the following with an EMPHASIS on 

Just Fix the Game (Market Place, RNG Nerf, improve World Boss Mechanics, improve Game performance, balance PvP, more Grind Spots)

•  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0