• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can't press "Start" after a disconnect

168 posts in this topic

Posted

I have the same problem, i just downoload a little patch but isn't fixed T.T

Posted

Usually for me I would login then get disconnected and go to the main menu, then I press start and it works again . But ever since the patch when I would do the second login I'm unable to click and of the buttons (Start/Quit/Settings) . I hope it would. E fixed soon . 

Posted

I sent a ticket regarding this issue 8 hours ago and still no response smh -.-

Posted

Please fix it asap, it was already hard to play with the "authentication expired" thing, now if i have to reopen the game every time i have even just a little dc it's gonna be an huge problem for me :( 

1 person likes this

Posted

any progress on this or still being ignored was excited when I saw the patch but nothing related to this problem haha

Posted (edited)

GM MaselcunToday at 06:08
Hello, I am GM Maselcun and I will be assisting you with your ticket today.

Thank you for contacting Black Desert Online Customer Support and your interest in the game.

I understand you are having some trouble when getting disconnected.  There is some essential network maintenance today that may help alleviate some of the network issues players are having.  The following steps will help clear any outdated DNS records your computer may be using to connect.  Can you please open a command prompt and type this command:
netsh int ip reset c resetlog.txt

This is a command in windows to reset the TCP/IP. TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, and it is a type of protocol used to communicate with other computers. If your computer is able to ping other IP addresses and you are still not able to pull up any webpages then reset the TCP/IP by using the above command.

If the above doesn't work, we also suggest performing a DNS cache clear to solve the issue:

Windows 8/10
1. On your keyboard, press Win+X to open the WinX Menu.
2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
3. Run the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
4. If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message: Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you have further questions or need assistance.

Kind regards,

GM Maselcun
English Games Master

Edited by Hilly
Correction

Posted

So... all this time for a generic response? And he didn't address the Start button becoming unclickable

3 people like this

Posted

I just love the fact that this is an issue caused by them, but they want me to work and fix it myself just like with everything smh

1 person likes this

Posted

I was finally able to stay logged in last night - every time I managed to connect on my main, during the 30 seconds or so before she disconnected, I just had her sprint farther and farther from Heidel. Got to around where the Kukus spawn and she finally managed to stay logged in. Hopefully with where I left her I'll be able to get in again today with minimal connection attempts. Still hoping that Start button becomes clickable again soon though.

Posted

Having the same problem with the start button. The problem are not the disconections (well, they are, but we can easly ignore them IF AT LEAST WE COULD PRES START).

I see the ticket system on this game is usless as ----- too.

2 people like this

Posted

yeah i got the generic response as well no acknowledgement of not being able to click start button or enter to even get to character select haha  

Posted

Having the same issue.... for months.

Posted

I tried the instructions given to me from support. I do not know what that accomplished. My start button is broken AF. For now. I will stay out of highly populated areas unless I really need to go to a marketplace or storage since that seems to cause me to DC. I try to run out of the congested area as soon as I get into the game. Looks like the second log in is a success as long as you are in a laggy area. I still think support should check this issue out for themselves since they are the ones who broke the start button and stop trying to pass the buck onto the player who already paid for this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Meanwhile attendance needed an instant fix because people couldn't get their free chance of money.

Posted

It's quite ridiculous there's no response from GMs even though they were linked in this thread. It's a high priority problem that prevents some players from being able to log in and play.

Posted

We even will be pleased enough if they just let us press start again, we are not even asking for them to fix the whole problem, just the simple part that is about programation, not the one that depends on internet lecture.

2 people like this

Posted

Hey @CM_Aethon wanna fix the start button cuz as much as I enjoy restarting the client numerous f***ing times I would rather simply click the START BUTTON AND THEN I CAN PLAY but hey crapkao keep doing whatever you think works I mean you guys are smart right?

3 people like this

Posted

This is BS! 4 days and NOTHING happened! No fix, no comment from GMs... can't they realize people CAN'T PLAY until this is fixed!? NOTHING should have priority over their clients not being able to pay the game they payed for! 

And like others said... if only they could make the Start button clickable again, we would be ok with all the other sht they make us go through to log on

Posted

Seriously. Fix your damn start button. It's getting annoying. I have accepted many negative issues with this game because I really do love this game.For once. Just one. FIX THIS ONE FFS -.-

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think something will be fixed till next maintenance.Tbh it is ridiculous to see such issues in games in 2017.By total I played 3 days after the purchase.I prefer to get refund somehow, instead of keep playing in EU.

Posted

i got the same problem . when i get dc i cant click the start button . 
i sent a ticket to support and they want my logs . internet connection . 
which i think that is not the problem . im not IT i dont know about it . but asking for internet connection is stupid when im not complaining about the connection or DC . 
i just want to get them fix the start button and make it clickable ... only that . 

GM MaselcunToday at 06:08
Hello, I am GM Maselcun and I will be assisting you with your ticket today.

Thank you for contacting Black Desert Online Customer Support and your interest in the game.

I understand you are having some trouble when getting disconnected.  There is some essential network maintenance today that may help alleviate some of the network issues players are having.  The following steps will help clear any outdated DNS records your computer may be using to connect.  Can you please open a command prompt and type this command:
netsh int ip reset c resetlog.txt

This is a command in windows to reset the TCP/IP. TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, and it is a type of protocol used to communicate with other computers. If your computer is able to ping other IP addresses and you are still not able to pull up any webpages then reset the TCP/IP by using the above command.

If the above doesn't work, we also suggest performing a DNS cache clear to solve the issue:

Windows 8/10
1. On your keyboard, press Win+X to open the WinX Menu.
2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
3. Run the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
4. If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message: Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you have further questions or need assistance.

Kind regards,

GM Maselcun
English Games Master

please fix the start button . yea START BUTTON  . S.T.A.R.T B.U.T.T.O.N ...............................................................................
make it clickable . so we able to CONNECT and PLAY .

1 person likes this

Posted

For those who doesn't read my topic http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/131954-fix-for-start-gamecrash-issue/

If u have monitoring apps like RivaTuner just uninstall them and try to enter the game.It should help.

I personaly used RivaTuner with MSI afterburner.Deleting Riva fixed my problem with Crashing the game while starting.If it won't work for u,try to uninstall MSI or similar apps.

Posted

I know its not ideal but it works for me cause I have 10 character slots. Create an alt or move on out to an island (I use Luivano) The lack of assets the game has to load on initial launch allows you to enter the game. After just character swap and you will have even less strain from already being loaded into the game.

Posted

For those who doesn't read my topic http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/131954-fix-for-start-gamecrash-issue/

If u have monitoring apps like RivaTuner just uninstall them and try to enter the game.It should help.

I personaly used RivaTuner with MSI afterburner.Deleting Riva fixed my problem with Crashing the game while starting.If it won't work for u,try to uninstall MSI or similar apps.

I don't have that program. However, we are not talking about crashes. Good to see you fixed a problem, btw.

1 person likes this

Posted

Same BS. Different day. Yes, I am NOT having a connectivity issue or crashing. I am having a broke AF Start Button issue. Cannot click on start button on that common occasion where you get disconnected right after getting in the game. The start button after that is broken. Forcing you to start the whole long/retarded process all over again multiple times. I am not sure a 3rd party software would be a solution to fixing the start button. Plus All I see from this topic is you stating that if fixes crashes not said: START button. I also do not see loads of people saying that installing these apps worked for them.This issue happened after the maintenance update. Therefore Black Desert broke it. Also I don't feel comfortable installing these apps RivaTuner or MSI since my computer is about a week old. I literally have 3 apps on this computer. I don't see the need to use these kinds off app since all I use this new computer for is BDO. Thanks for the suggestion, but I will wait on BDO to acknowledge this issue publicly and fix it. However long this will take =))