• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can't press "Start" after a disconnect

168 posts in this topic

Posted

My problem was is when I pressed start,the game crashed.And it started after the patch.I thought we have similar issues.

Posted

My problem was is when I pressed start,the game crashed.And it started after the patch.I thought we have similar issues.

Who knows if the issues are connected or not. When it comes to BDO anything is possible. My start button is still broken. Support as usual is completely retarded when it comes to issues like these. I find support useless. Especially when they want you to run this test and submit that log. Delete this and rename that. Same ol sht. Why are we doing the work when they are the ones who get paid to fix this? And the end result from all that we do is your computer is sub-par and your internet is mediocre...Ticket closed. 

My advise to all is to stay out of highly populated areas for the time being until this is fixed and I will continue to troll this topic because that is what I love doing xD

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, disconected 4 consecutive times, and obviously, still trying to relog after every one of those. I'll keep trolling with you, sir. Is not like i have a BDO to play.

1 person likes this

Posted

Same here... I've been spending 40min every time I wanna log... If Kakao keeps treating their players this way, the game will be dead by the end of the year... eventualy ppl will grow tired of this bs

1 person likes this

Posted

Alright, I sent a ticket, detailing that I know my computer's old, and I was asking specifically about the Start Button, not the disconnects. Got a reply asking for the Log folder, DxDiag, etc. I responded with everything asked for, again noting my issue was with the Start Button, not the disconnects, and that I knew my computer was old and whatnot. 

Got a response diagnosing the disconnects as due to my low computer specs and notification they were closing the ticket. Okay then.

I replied again, once more repeating that my issue was not with the disconnects at this time but with the Start Button and that I was unhappy with the generic responses that did not acknowledge what I'd written the ticket about. Finally got this back, so hopefully they are looking into it?

GM Creator (Black Desert Online)
Feb 20, 19:50 CET
Hi,

I have to apologize, I read your mail, but the issue is still related the under spec configuration, (without that won't be an issue as neither).

However you are right - this is an issue and flagged it for review by our team, please understand that at this time we cannot give you an ETA on when we will have a solution.

While we offer limited technical support, we can't guarantee that we can solve every issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,
GM Creator
Black Desert Online Customer Support
1 person likes this

Posted

Alright, I sent a ticket, detailing that I know my computer's old, and I was asking specifically about the Start Button, not the disconnects. Got a reply asking for the Log folder, DxDiag, etc. I responded with everything asked for, again noting my issue was with the Start Button, not the disconnects, and that I knew my computer was old and whatnot. 

Got a response diagnosing the disconnects as due to my low computer specs and notification they were closing the ticket. Okay then.

I replied again, once more repeating that my issue was not with the disconnects at this time but with the Start Button and that I was unhappy with the generic responses that did not acknowledge what I'd written the ticket about. Finally got this back, so hopefully they are looking into it?

Well I am glad you got a response to your ticket and an apology. So far. I didn't get sht. They reopened my ticket after I let them know that their solution was a fail, but nothing else has happened after that. We can only wait and see what happens. As for GM creator stating that they offer limited technical support? What is the point on having a support at all if they can't even identify, troubleshoot, and solve issues pertaining to this game? I swear their support is bollocks :D

Posted

lol yeah getting the same generic response run this test, rename this, my pc isnt under powered so shrug, its the fact cant click on the start button but hey that seems to be hard to get across 

1 person likes this

Posted

This is meh trolling. FIX THE DAMN START BUTTON FFS -.-

1 person likes this

Posted

I thought I was the only one with the issue of getting DC'd after login and hitting start with the DC notification still up working until the next day or so.

Everytime I login now I just get DC'd 

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL --> "While we offer limited technical support, we can't guarantee that we can solve every issue."

#1 - I would be complimenting you if I said you got terrible tech support, you're far from offering a limited service if any.

#2 - HOW HARD can it be to make a button clickable again? just fire the intern that fkd this up and fix it

1 person likes this

Posted

Nah, dudes, its because our computers are garbage. You know, maybe we need 32 gb of ram to press the buttom. Just buy a better computer, -----s (?)

2 people like this

Posted

Well sht if they refund the money we have dumped on this game. We might be able to afford a new computer :D

Posted

i got the same response from my ticket xD " i told them that i got low pc and i need 2 attempts to get into the game 1 try dc 2 try success but now i cant login cuz i cant click the statt butto. After the first attempt dc . im ask if you guy could make the start button be clickablw again "  and they want my logs dxdiag internet conmect speed something like that when im asking only for the start button . I dont need to complain about the DC happening cuz i already know whats the reason .. we all already know .. sometimes there are some stupid gm tbh 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't think it is because peoples computers are out-dated. My laptop was a little over 4 years old and I played BDO with zero issues up until the July 12 2016 connectivity issue happened and that was after a maintenance that they implemented and this current issue with the "START" button being broken, again after a maintenance smh. Alot of the problems seem to happen after maintenance. Not all problems, but alot. My computer is fairly new. Over a week old and I am still experiencing the same problems. I believe that the excuse of crap internet and old computers is supports way of passing the blame back onto the player since support is not qualified to handle, fix, or problem solve the issues pertaining to this game. Honestly. Why do we have to to all this work they ask when we have a problem? Don't they have a log of our activities on the game already? Why do we have to run a test, submit a log, rename files or folders and delete crap? And after it is all said and done. Nothing was resolved. 

Well that is my thoughts. I will continue on with the troll because that is all I can do while I am logging back into multiples times since the "START" button is broken smh

Edited by Hilly
Correction!!
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I haven't been able to play for a full week now. They didn't fix the start button this maintenance, so I'm still not able to play. I'll be even more pissed if I can't play the new class next week but I probably shouldn't expect that anyway. Also missing the valentine event and daily rewards bc of this. Why is it so hard for them to fix the button, that's literally all we ask for. I don't mind having to connect at least 2 times, as long as I can play eventually. :(

Edited by Maryllis

Posted

I really want to play this game again but I can't cuz i keep getting disconnected @__@. Please hurry and fix this... it worked fine before...

Posted

Seriously. I swear i was going to stop trolling this thread, but yeah my start button is still broke AF. Sent a message to support asking where are we at with resolving this issue. Nothing so far. It was irritating enough with the random disconnect or being disconnected fight after getting into game, but atleast I could press the start button to get back into game. Now I need to restart the same long @** process multiple times. By the time I finally get to play. An hour would have passed. How hard is it to fix this????

Posted

I haven't been able to play for a full week now. They didn't fix the start button this maintenance, so I'm still not able to play. I'll be even more pissed if I can't play the new class next week but I probably shouldn't expect that anyway. Also missing the valentine event and daily rewards bc of this. Why is it so hard for them to fix the button, that's literally all we ask for. I don't mind having to connect at least 2 times, as long as I can play eventually. :(

cuz they want your Pc specs internet connections logs if you got low theyll say " sorry ur pc is lower than our min req " in other words they want to say to you " yoi cant play our game cuz u got shit laptop " thats how i find . When we just only ask the start button. -.-

Posted

At least i can make a lot of Duolingo tests while i wait to log into the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure if it would help, but I brought this up in the Known Issues thread for the latest maintenance, here.

1 person likes this

Posted

i have a very powerful PC and i am getting dcd since last patch, and then i cannot press the start button

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure if it would help, but I brought this up in the Known Issues thread for the latest maintenance, here.

Thank you. I checked it out and gave my 2 cents regarding this issue.

1 person likes this

Posted

hi guys, i have the same problem with the f****ng start button
same case, i have a garbage pc but i played bdo like a baby with candy

first attempt the game throws me but np, second attempt was is solution
since 15th patch can't play because can't reconnect
why? f****ng start button not work anymore ToT
fix it please :o

Posted

Oh yeah ever since this patch came I had to keep uninstall bdo and install just so I can get into the game but now its not working and I keep running into the same cannot connect to server... >_< I hate this patch so much if it just gives me dc's *MY laptop is fine and connection* 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My my my.... This is quite a bother. As it seems other people have already made tickets, it'd not make sense to create even more. Is this something we could get an ETA on @CM_Yukimura @GM_Dew? I'd assume that something which prevents players from actually playing the game would be a high priority ^^.

(Before I get a generic answer btw, cleaned the cache, deleted the cache folders, tried all the answers that was posted earlier in this post + got around 2.5 GB RAM free (after the game is already started and takes around 3.8 GB dedicated RAM and 1.9 GB work memory RAM) + got over 100 GB free on HDD + worked fine until the latest patch).

Logging in goes fine. Selecting channel is a bit slow. Being able to press "Connect" takes a little while. Connecting to the channel/game does not work. It starts load. The bar moves. When it's about to "enter" the game however, it simply disconnects with 0 possibility for pressing Start either. Tried around 7 times now. 

Edit: Managed to get in on the 8th or 9th try. Doesn't change that some ppl aren't or the fact that it took 8-9 tries ._.

Edited by aidlac