• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can't press "Start" after a disconnect

168 posts in this topic

Posted

This is the latest and greatest from support on the issue of broken "START" button. I asked them for an ETA on resolving this pest. Why do I even bother asking them anything? All they are good for is to move your avatar to another place if you get stuck in Calpheon and you can't log into it. As for how many log in tries you need to do to get into the game. It varies from 2 to 12 maybe more. I stop at 12 because by then, I am royally pissed. 

GM CreatorToday at 10:34
Greetings Adventurer,

Thank you for contacting Black Desert Online Customer Support and for your interest in our game.

We are aware of this issue, and we are doing our best to fix it as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this, and thank you for taking the time to report this to us.

While we do not have an ETA as to when this will be resolved we advise you to keep an eye out on the forums for future patch notes and maintenance updates.

If you have any other issues or if you find anything that bothers you, please don't hesitate to create a new ticket and I will assist you in any way I can.

GM Creator
Black Desert Online Customer Support

Posted

Well, if they don't fix it in the next patch let's get used to take between 10 to 40 minutes to log in.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What I finally managed to do was make a new character, and then every time she'd load in I'd run her farther from Olvia until she stayed logged in. That took about an hour. Got the tutorial done, parked her way north of town on the beach and left her there. Now I can usually log in with her on the first try because there's so little to load, and then switch to a different character. Unless they crashed somewhere populated, they load fine, and I get away with not having to relaunch. Sometimes the second character still disconnects though, but then using the same New Charrie > Main switch system they usually work on the second launching of the program. 

But I feel like since that patch, loading has been longer and I crash a lot more too. Might just be imagining it though.

Edited by Sylvie
1 person likes this

Posted

What I finally managed to do was make a new character, and then every time she'd load in I'd run her farther from Olvia until she stayed logged in. That took about an hour. Got the tutorial done, parked her way north of town on the beach and left her there. Now I can usually log in with her on the first try because there's so little to load, and then switch to a different character. Unless they crashed somewhere populated, they load fine, and I get away with not having to relaunch. Sometimes the second character still disconnects though, but then using the same New Charrie > Main switch system they usually work on the second launching of the program. 

But I feel like since that patch, loading has been longer and I crash a lot more too. Might just be imagining it though.

Not my case. I ALWAYS get disconected in the first try, no matter what. I tried a lot of experiments with conection but it's a rule, it's like it's programed to do that, lmao.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have no idea why they removed it in the first place.

Posted

Yeah. I get disconnected on the first try. It's irritating as heck. I'm done for the night after getting disconnected during a quest. Been trying log back in for about an hour with no luck. That start button is a pest. 

Posted

Yea same here Game was working fine yesterday dint have any issues and today just keep Disconnecting after i log into a character for like 20seconds and I dc even before im able to choose the character to log in to

Posted

Have they still not addressed this issue yet? -__-

Posted

I see you change the launcher so how about that start button? Doesn't look like it fixed the start button, which I was hoping in vain would be fixed. Any news on resolving this?!? You close my ticket with zero solutions to fixing it and expect me to keep an eye on the forum for anything new concerning the subject. Typical bad customer service as usual -.-

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Two relevant updates and still not fixed WHAT THE HELL FOR -----S SAKE

Edited by ReGris
1 person likes this

Posted

No Dark Knight for me :D

Posted

@GM_Maselcun @GM Creator @GM_Huego @CM_Aethon

Now we understand you guys aren't responsible and are just doing your jobs, but could we get some kind of response to this?  It's been 2 weeks now that people have either been unable to log o at all or have taken up to an hour jumping through hoops to get on at which tie they are no long in the mood to play.  .

Posted

Is anyone else disconnecting EVERY time they log in? and I mean on any character not just DK, I can't even log my valk

Posted

Is anyone else disconnecting EVERY time they log in? and I mean on any character not just DK, I can't even log my valk

i am

Posted

I can not play more than 3 mins and I DC from game and when i press ok the game will be closed and I have to start it over enter my password and wait  like 1 min to load . 

never seen a game that have so many problems with connections , it is stupid to  restart the whole game for any disconnection , while the game keep DC do to no issues . 

My internet is stable I play other mmorpg games and they NEVER dc but in BDO ppl  keep DC , I kinda regret that i payed for it .3 weeks buying the game and it keep dc , while i can play the frame rates sux even with lowest graphic , I play other good games with highest performance and there is no lag but BDO is laggy . you get money so SPEND it on this issue cos NOW your game is not playable

Posted

I can not play more than 3 mins and I DC from game and when i press ok the game will be closed and I have to start it over enter my password and wait  like 1 min to load . 

never seen a game that have so many problems with connections , it is stupid to  restart the whole game for any disconnection , while the game keep DC do to no issues . 

My internet is stable I play other mmorpg games and they NEVER dc but in BDO ppl  keep DC , I kinda regret that i payed for it .3 weeks buying the game and it keep dc , while i can play the frame rates sux even with lowest graphic , I play other good games with highest performance and there is no lag but BDO is laggy . you get money so SPEND it on this issue cos NOW your game is not playable

+2  im on the same page...... u.u

Posted

Ha..Ha...Ha Been more than 2 weeks.... ha  ha ha 2 Updates ha ha ha..... I'd be surprised if my guild wasn't dead by the time I can get back in the game -_-

Posted

I also have this problem... and I wish they'd fix it.

Posted

Well I just sent a ticket about it, so I'll let you all know what's said if they have some kind of special fix for it. But I gotta say it's quite annoying my other games don't lag half as much as this one, nor do I dc like this none stop. Kinda started getting this bad when they just merged everyone together? (which wasn't a wonderful idea to begin with) don't know about you guys.. but I like being able to go to a different server to get away from the asshats on another

Posted

I'm having exactly the same issue. Clicking the start button after a disconnect used to be a work-around for an issue that I've had since launch, over a year, and wasn't patched, and now they've patched out the work-around and haven't even addressed fixing the core issue. Come on guys, please. We're only asking to be able to play the game.

Posted

send a ticket with this thread attached.....

Posted

send a ticket with this thread attached.....

It's been done several times... we either get a generic response asking for our stuff so they can just say our computer isn't good enough or someone saying they are aware of the problem and are trying to solve it but can't give an ETA on the fix because fixing a start screen button is a "COMPLEX" problem apparently...

1 person likes this

Posted

Start button still broken. I hate this sh**!! I had to stop in busy city to access my primary storage for something. I had made a point to stay out of laggy and heavily populated areas since start button is crap right now.  As usual got disconnected. Can't press "Start". This is the 7th time I have to log in. 

I will continue the troll ffs 😡

Posted

The problem is still present and the lack of acknowledgment on this issue is quite perturbing. I've had no issue logging in for a while now, but when this switching characters has become more stressful and frustrating than attempting PEN on an accessory, you know something's up! 

I've realized that the lower the graphics, the easier/faster the connection was made. If any of you can run the game in high/medium graphics, try changing for Optimization Mode when logging in. I've also came to the conclusion that Alt-Tabing while in the loading screen made me disconnect more often then when I focused solely on the game window. Being in Full Screen also helps (not Windowed Full Screen).

I know most of you guys probably tried all they could already, just putting this out there for people that might've not thought about it! Hope it helped some of you!

1 person likes this

Posted

Alright,lately I've been managing to connect after it disconnects the first time,but I made the very stupid mistake of going to Calpheon to get something from my storage and BOOM,disconnected and I've been trying to get back on for 2+ hours...Is it really so hard to reverse a patch that made a button unclickable,before if I disconnected there I knew I'd be fine since It'll just disconnect on me twice,I can't even connect to my dark knight either