• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can't press "Start" after a disconnect

168 posts in this topic

Posted

Good afternoon,

I'm having trouble login into the game after today's patch.

Every time I try to connect I get disconnected, then all login screen buttons (Start/Quit/Settings) become unclickable and I have to "OK" the disconnect message, close the game and restart it.

I've always had trouble with my first log in because of internet/computer issues but I could just press "Start" again and log in successfully on the second attempt.

Now I can't log in at all because all I get is 1 try at connecting then I have to start all over again.

I attached a screenshot where you can see that the button doesn't light up when moused over. This Happens on both Windowed and Full-screen mode.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

bdo login.jpg

15th of February this was posted and still no response? 4th of March I'm exactly the same problem.

/golfclap

Posted

Fixing this doesn't take more than 1 minute, stupid ass programers.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm having this issue also, please fix it as soon as possible, it's so annoying not being able to play the game.

Posted

I doubt they will fix the start button anytime soon. With the kind of support many of us have been receiving after submitting multiple tickets regarding this issue. The start button seems not so important to them. It's much easier for them to stick their thumbs up their butt than fix this bs.

On with the troll I go 😡

1 person likes this

Posted

Their response to my ticket....was to close it..lovely

Posted

Still the same problem for me ...

Posted

There's a new member of the team and this may be his area but I'm not sure.

He is @GM_Horizon and he said people can mention him if they need help.  His introduction thread is here:

Posted

Hey there,

We are aware of the connection problems some players are experiencing and the issue is under investigation. Unfortunately, I cannot help you over the forums, so if you are having troubles logging in/staying logged in, please do make a ticket and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. You will be asked to give some information on your internet connection (such as your ISP), information that is very valuable to us and greatly contributes towards the resolution of this issue, so don't hesitate to contact us in the Technical category (;

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

No, no, no, no, no. Didn't you read? We want to click the START button when we get disconected, as we always did before. That's all.

I could give an example in Arduino programation on how to allow a digital button to work, but i'm too lazy and nobody paid me 30$ to do it.

Just make the Starting menu to be clickeable again, and we will not care about disconections at all.

The disconection problem has been there for half a year now, we dont expect you to fix it ever. We are okay with the starting menu working correctly.

2017-03-07_18503264.JPG

Edited by ReGris
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Guys when you get this the smart thing to do is close client and reload, that is not an re-enter option, its default screen

you need to close and reopen to enter

how do you guys not know this? The staff can't help with this, and I have no clue why there are posts

Hey there,

We are aware of the connection problems some players are experiencing and the issue is under investigation. Unfortunately, I cannot help you over the forums, so if you are having troubles logging in/staying logged in, please do make a ticket and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. You will be asked to give some information on your internet connection (such as your ISP), information that is very valuable to us and greatly contributes towards the resolution of this issue, so don't hesitate to contact us in the Technical category (;

Edited by piratebeowolf
1 person likes this

Posted

Guys when you get this the smart thing to do is close client and reload, that is not an re-enter option, its default screen

how do you guys not know this? The staff can't help with this, and I have no clue why there are posts

Eactly what he said ^^^ Also when ever you click to end the game it will sometimes bring you to the screen. Yea it sucks if u get disconnected and cant log back in right away, but its always been like that.

Their response to my ticket....was to close it..lovely

Exactly that is what you have to do. Reload the game.

Fixing this doesn't take more than 1 minute, stupid ass programers.

If you know its that quick and easy, then suggest to them how to accomplish it. Don't just insult them without any evidence that it could be fixed. ALSO when it says you disconnected from the servers, it is not specifically talking about the channel, its talking about the server FOR the game, in which you would need to reconnect to by reloading the game from the launcher.

Posted (edited)

it is not specifically talking about the channel, its talking about the server FOR the game, in which you would need to reconnect to by reloading the game from the launcher.

Do you have this problem or are you just chilling out on the forum?

Let me explain this like the 1000 time we explain it in this thread. Before the update that caused this, we ALWAYS could click the Start button. Doesn't matter the reasons. If it was fault of the server (that is most of the time, and how i know that? BECAUSE IF WE PRESSED START, WE COULD GET INSTANTLY BACK TO THE GAME! ) or our conection fault. Even if i disconected the modem, i go to that screen, i conected the modem again, wait for the conection to work again, and then i clicked Start and BOOM, back to the game.

Something more. After the update that ruined this, if there was an IMPOSIBLE way to get reconected, it appeared a different window saying something like "sesion timed out. Restart from the launcher". Well, at least that was explained and just happened when it was REALLY important.

But now "Oh, well, the game have a little overload or, uh, a conection error or, uh, maybe 2% packet lost that killed your conection for some reason, so yeah, you can come to the game again like always, it was just a minor problem, oh, wait, JOKES ON YOU, BECAUSE THE STARTING MENU DOESNT WORK, RELOG FROM THE LAUNCHER AND WASTE 7 MINUTES OF YOUR BUFF BECAUSE YOU'LL HAVE TO DO IT TWO TIMES".

I dont know why the picture apears on this post. I didn't quoted it, even i try to delet it but keeps apearing. Nice bugued forum, yeeee.

2017-03-07_18503264.JPG

You are not understanding here neither. We have to log 2 or more times. With the start button working AS ALWAYS DID BEFORE, we just clicked it until the server let us in (at least 2 times). But some people (and it hapened to me) had to try like 8 times. You understand this? we have to close the game, open the launcher, log, wait the game to load, pres Start, chose channel, chose character, wait like 5 minutes to get "disconected", REDO EVERYTHING FROM THE LAUNCHER, and most of the time, the second try works, but sometimes, you have to do it A LOT OF TIMES. You can even waste more than 40 minutes trying to log. And this doesn't happen one time per day, it happend every time you want to relog.

Why we want the star button to be clickeable again? to not have to re do everything from the launcher every time. Is that so hard to udnerstand for you?

Eactly what he said ^^^ Also when ever you click to end the game it will sometimes bring you to the screen. Yea it sucks if u get disconnected and cant log back in right away, but its always been like that.

NOOOO, IT WASNT, THAT'S WHATS THIS POST IS ABOUT. WE COULD DID IT ALWAYS BEFORE FFS

Edited by ReGris
1 person likes this

Posted

There seems to be some misunderstanding here on this issue.

For those of you offering answers, that's nice of you. But pushing the same stock solutions that don't work on a really specific issue that you don't fully understand doesn't help. It's disrespectful, lazy and incredibly frustrating.

And it's good to be proactive, but I really don't think tech support would want to help anyone who calls them "stupid ass programmers".

The problem is that the notification pop-up does not allow for anything on the menu to be clicked on when it shows up after a disconnect, and that this wasn't the case before.

Some people (I believe it has something to do with low specs) will be force kicked from the server even though they have perfect internet/fps/memory/hardware/anything-other-typical-tech-support-solution and will have to click start and enter the game a second time. The kick occurs pretty much 100% the time after launching the game from the launcher, so if you relaunch the game, you are guaranteed to be kicked when you load in. This disconnection issue has been around since the game launched and from the looks of it doesn't merit a fix, but this isn't the point anymore. I can't really make it more clear than that.

You can no longer circumvent the notification pop-up that, for whatever reason force quits the entire game. While it's only a quality of life thing for most, it breaks the game for quite a few people.

2 people like this

Posted

Do you have this problem or are you just chilling out on the forum?

Let me explain this like the 1000 time we explain it in this thread. Before the update that caused this, we ALWAYS could click the Start button. Doesn't matter the reasons. If it was fault of the server (that is most of the time, and how i know that? BECAUSE IF WE PRESSED START, WE COULD GET INSTANTLY BACK TO THE GAME! ) or our conection fault. Even if i disconected the modem, i go to that screen, i conected the modem again, wait for the conection to work again, and then i clicked Start and BOOM, back to the game.

Something more. After the update that ruined this, if there was an IMPOSIBLE way to get reconected, it appeared a different window saying something like "sesion timed out. Restart from the launcher". Well, at least that was explained and just happened when it was REALLY important.

But now "Oh, well, the game have a little overload or, uh, a conection error or, uh, maybe 2% packet lost that killed your conection for some reason, so yeah, you can come to the game again like always, it was just a minor problem, oh, wait, JOKES ON YOU, BECAUSE THE STARTING MENU DOESNT WORK, RELOG FROM THE LAUNCHER AND WASTE 7 MINUTES OF YOUR BUFF BECAUSE YOU'LL HAVE TO DO IT TWO TIMES".

I dont know why the picture apears on this post. I didn't quoted it, even i try to delet it but keeps apearing. Nice bugued forum, yeeee.

2017-03-07_18503264.JPG

You are not understanding here neither. We have to log 2 or more times. With the start button working AS ALWAYS DID BEFORE, we just clicked it until the server let us in (at least 2 times). But some people (and it hapened to me) had to try like 8 times. You understand this? we have to close the game, open the launcher, log, wait the game to load, pres Start, chose channel, chose character, wait like 5 minutes to get "disconected", REDO EVERYTHING FROM THE LAUNCHER, and most of the time, the second try works, but sometimes, you have to do it A LOT OF TIMES. You can even waste more than 40 minutes trying to log. And this doesn't happen one time per day, it happend every time you want to relog.

Why we want the star button to be clickeable again? to not have to re do everything from the launcher every time. Is that so hard to udnerstand for you?

NOOOO, IT WASNT, THAT'S WHATS THIS POST IS ABOUT. WE COULD DID IT ALWAYS BEFORE FFS

I apologize if I'm not understanding the situation correctly, but since I've joined the game, this has always been happening so I just treated it as normal and did not care. Also not sure what buff you're specifically talking about, but in my experience if I ever quit the game when using a buff, like food items or xp buffs, they just continue where they left off from when I quit. 

Posted

Also not sure what buff you're specifically talking about, but in my experience if I ever quit the game when using a buff, like food items or xp buffs, they just continue where they left off from when I quit. 

Although this is true for me too, it doesnt matter if I can't login to use it at all anyways.

Hey there,

Also, @GM_Horizon for a lot of people here the issue isn't connectivity.

When the game loads up the first time all the textures and characters being loaded overloads the client and forces a disconnect. Generally after the memory has been loaded into the RAM it doesn't need to worry about reloading it a 2nd time because its already been loaded. Once the application is closed however the RAM clears that memory forcing it to be reloaded on the next launch causing a cycle of never ending crashes (Because we can't press start using the same application we first began with, we have to use a new one.)

TL;DR Connectivity is fine, Client might be bugged but this was easily able to be ignored at day 1. Now we can't because we are forced to close the client.

I just hope the maintenance tommorrow fixes this issue because I don't want to miss the event.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not sure how some people are unable to understand when the title clearly stated it,but oh well. Can't argue with the wall so don't hate. I'm going side with ReGris on this. So more power to ReGris 💞. Though I have not played this game since the beginning. I did start in April last year with a old and dying low grade Samsung laptop. I've never really had any issues except for July 12 connectivity 2016 issue which forced me to stop playing for 5 months and this February 15th Start Button issue.

It really sucks having the "Start" button broken. Especially when there is an event going on, the channels are all crowded, and the lag is so bad that you disconnect 5 seconds right after entering the game multiple times forcing you to go through the whole long and cumbersome process of logging into game, waiting for that screen to let you start game, picking your avatar, and then waiting for that black silhouette to walk across your screen and then maybe,just maybe. You actually enter game for 5 fricken seconds only to lose connection to server or DC smh. That sht can take up to ten minutes. And try doing it all over again from 2 to 7 times. That can be like and hour or more. 

I really don't understand why the start button is unclickable after you get disconnected, but it's super irritating.I am forced to log out in the boondocks like Trent when I'm done playing because that seems to be the only place I can get into game with out DCing right after. This works for me!! I'm not sure if it will work for everyone. It could be the exact opposite for others. 

On with the troll ppl. Keep it coming 🤡

Posted

...I am forced to log out in the boondocks like Trent when I'm done playing because that seems to be the only place I can get into game with out DCing right after. This works for me!! I'm not sure if it will work for everyone. It could be the exact opposite for others...

This sadly doesn't work for me and IM not sure why. I've tried logging on all my alts in the least populated channels but to no avail I DC. Good luck to others.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah it's not going to work for everyone. It's working for me though. I got into game with no issues.

Posted

https://gyazo.com/1320706b1aab5249f55f7e0a01dd5047

Here is my ticket I sent in. It seems like the staff thinks its a connectivity issue when that isn't the case.

My Ticket Number is Request #277283
in case any GMs decide to hit up my ticket.

Posted

I don't intend to bring anger with this but seems the button was disabled on purpose for whatever technical reason they seem to have, thus avoiding the straight answer confirms that they would rather not bring it back. I do miss logging fast as I dcded but I do not have the impossible log issue, just did it as a short cut. But I do can tell that is a problem more common than what I thought it was. Seems the solution could be more game changing than what they can manage since the real game makers are in Korea. Sometimes companies take proactive measure and adapt from core a foreign game, but we don't know the extent of what they are allowed to.

2 people like this

Posted

for as far back as i can remember, you could always click the start button to relog in... these events now have a situation that is a major issue on the server side, and is affecting my play. however, when the game kicks me, and then i have to reload the whole thing, it gets annoying as it's a LONG ASS PROCESS. no excuses and it's not my isp. most of these members may be american, i'm australian. i don't want to hear, we'll get it fixed.... just give us details.... fix the damn code that has downloaded and broke the situation in the first place. and no more of this time out crap. if i press start after being on for 6 hours, and it says i have to reload the damn game because i timed out, it's on you, not me.... 

as for the clowns saying it's normal, they haven't been around very long... you guys have done a great job with the game, you've been on top of issues that arise, and keep up the good work but a tip from a player that suffers lag even when there shouldn't be... you encourage afk, you give static hotspots and stuff, but you don't take into account heavy location lag. fortunately we don't have the numbers we used to be at so i'm not getting locked out of the game due to severe lag from the server and clashes with my gpu due to 20k people fishing the same damn spot. get a bigger server, it'll assist in stabilising the game. i can handle the odd disconnect, but 4 days to have a slow ass load up is a bit of a joke too. (exaggerate, yes..... but feels like it.) that could be put down to a cost issue, but the amount of cash items being sold on the marketplace all the time tells me you can more than afford to upgrade. 

just a couple of opinions i have. don't think they're wrong either to be honest. i love the game and i want to see it keep going well. hope these niggling issues do get fixed, as well as some smaller ones in game.

1 person likes this

Posted

The button doesn't work because the launcher is what establishes your client connection now, not the client, also if you are having constant Dcies and crashes at boot up, you most likely have a dead node in the path to the BDO servers, if thats the case then RIP, thats an ISP issue.

Posted

The button doesn't work because the launcher is what establishes your client connection now, not the client, also if you are having constant Dcies and crashes at boot up, you most likely have a dead node in the path to the BDO servers, if thats the case then RIP, thats an ISP issue.

considering the path will take me through most of america and europe before it gets back to the bdo server, it won't be isp. 

Posted

As an australian player, I notice stupid amounts of difference in the quality of my connection when it is routed around new york and Chicago, if your path goes through either of these areas the local nodes are usually dead quite often.

Posted

Hi guys,

we would like you to know that we are gathering details of the players who are sending tickets about this issue. Tickets are necessary since devs need more specific info about your accounts, channels, specs etc. in order to look into it and eventually fix the issue that is affecting some of you.

Thanks for your collaboration.

1 person likes this