• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can't press "Start" after a disconnect

168 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

That is the problem with this whole situation. We submit our tickets and either told to run through hoops and running this test and submitting that log or rename files and delete cache and after all that is done. We get the same generic response that our computers are either mediocre or worst our isp is garbage. Another response from support is that they are limited on finding a solution and are working on the problem with no feasible time on when it will be fix. Alot of times. Support has no answer or solutions to issues like this. Then you see your ticket closed. End of story. Its almost discouraging and makes you wonder if we should be spending any kind of money on this game. It's quit annoying. Does support even read these tickets that we the people have sent?!? I'm curious about that.  Support is so quick to close the ticket after it was sent without solving anything. I can honestly tell you right now. The support I have been given on issues like this with the "start" button being unclickable and the other major issue I had with this game was July 12 2016 connectivity issue was more mediocre than anything I have encountered in my life. It's ridiculous -.-

Edited by Hilly
Spell check
1 person likes this

Posted

telstra are a bit iffy, but are the best we got in australia. they own our lines, our servers, and are not in control of where our system sends the pings to. it's not the isp... on another game i used to play i had friends from america complain about getting 100 ping. or latency, depending what ya want to call it... i'm like, ----- please.... if i get less than 300 for the same server, i'm going good!!! ping trace for a south east asia server on another game again, took me through america, into germany, back to america, then finally down to the server it needed, when i didn't even need to leave the southern hemisphere... i get distance is an issue, but the spikes, regardless, will be caused by any of 28 possible stops of my communications between the pc i use and your server... it's not just a simple isp fix.

Posted

That is the problem with this whole situation. We submit our tickets and either told to run through hoops and running this test and submitting that log or rename files and delete cache and after all that is done. We get the same generic response that our computers are either mediocre or worst our isp is garbage. Another response from support is that they are limited on finding a solution and are working on the problem with no feasible time on when it will be fix. Alot of times. Support has no answer or solutions to issues like this. Then you see your ticket closed. End of story. Its almost discouraging and makes you wonder if we should be spending any kind of money on this game. It's quit annoying. Does support even read these tickets that we the people have sent?!? I'm curious about that.  Support is so quick to close the ticket after it was sent without solving anything. I can honestly tell you right now. The support I have been given on issues like this with the "start" button being unclickable and the other major issue I had with this game was July 12 2016 connectivity issue was more mediocre than anything I have encountered in my life. It's ridiculous -.-

While it may look like an easy issue to solve, I can assure it is not, since it's depending on too many factors. Our GMs have to close tickets after they have gathered all possible details. It's not possible to leave every ticket open until some issues are solved, as we ourselves do not know yet when this might be.

2 people like this

Posted

I just hope the maintenance tommorrow fixes this issue because I don't want to miss the event.

You though the maintenance will fix it?

JUST A PRANK BRO

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

While it may look like an easy issue to solve, I can assure it is not, since it's depending on too many factors. Our GMs have to close tickets after they have gathered all possible details. It's not possible to leave every ticket open until some issues are solved, as we ourselves do not know yet when this might be.

I have never stated that the issue of not be able to click on start button after a disconnect was any easy thing to solve. My beef with support is the lack of support on resolving this issue. Do you think its acceptable to close tickets when the issue isn't resolved? When I first sent the ticket. I was given work to do. And the the ticket was closed. When I did the work that support had asked of me. It ended up being a fail, thus not resolving my issue at all. I mailed support stating it was a fail. Then my ticket was reopened. I didn't get any answers back. Then I asked what the status on this issue was. Still no answer and then later I get a reply stating that they are aware of the issue blah blah blah and to check with forum on this in the future. Let me ask you. Is that good support?! And now you say it's not possible to leave every ticket open until some issues are solved. My issue was never solved and yet my ticket was closed. Was my ticket important at all to you people?!? Is anyone who submits a ticket considered important. And what I'm getting from you on the response to my comment and the first comment you added tells me that the "START" button issue is really not so important. 

Edited by Hilly
Correction
1 person likes this

Posted

almost 2 months and no fix... I'm probably just going to quit this game... And I liked it so much :(

Posted

almost 2 months and no fix... I'm probably just going to quit this game... And I liked it so much :(

don't quit. Just take a break maybe? I took a break. 5 month long break. It wasn't by choice. It was one of their patches that made it hard to stay in game. Almost didn't come back, but I'm glad I didn't.

Posted (edited)

I have never stated that the issue of not be able to click on start button after a disconnect was any easy thing to solve. My beef with support is the lack of support on resolving this issue. Do you think its acceptable to close tickets when the issue isn't resolved? When I first sent the ticket. I was given work to do. And the the ticket was closed. When I did the work that support had asked of me. It ended up being a fail, thus not resolving my issue at all. I mailed support stating it was a fail. Then my ticket was reopened. I didn't get any answers back. Then I asked what the status on this issue was. Still no answer and then later I get a reply stating that they are aware of the issue blah blah blah and to check with forum on this in the future. Let me ask you. Is that good support?! And now you say it's not possible to leave every ticket open until some issues are solved. My issue was never solved and yet my ticket was closed. Was my ticket important at all to you people?!? Is anyone who submits a ticket considered important. And what I'm getting from you on the response to my comment and the first comment you added tells me that the "START" button issue is really not so important. 

However frustrating it may be, now you're bashing their support solely because of how they have handled the problem. Despite them telling us that they are working on it. To me it seems like the issue to you is "notice my ticket" rather than "fix the start button". 

Lets keep the goal of the issue at hand here.

Although the issue hasn't been fixed yet I'm glad you took the time to inform us that the staff is looking for a fix. It irked me that it took 5 pages for a GM response that seemed fairly generic until you came along. Its nice to have a better understanding of whats going on when it seemed like the issue could be fixed with a few lines of code so, Thank you @CM_Yukimura!

Any more information I can provide will be sent to my Open ticket #277283.

Edited by Lughnasa

Posted (edited)

However frustrating it may be, now you're bashing their support solely because of how they have handled the problem. Despite them telling us that they are working on it. To me it seems like the issue to you is "notice my ticket" rather than "fix the start button". 
Lets keep the goal of the issue at hand here.

Although the issue hasn't been fixed yet I'm glad you took the time to inform us that the staff is looking for a fix. It irked me that it took 5 pages for a GM response that seemed fairly generic until you came along. Its nice to have a better understanding of whats going on when it seemed like the issue could be fixed with a few lines of code so, Thank you @CM_Yukimura!

Any more information I can provide will be sent to my Open ticket #277283.

ofcourse I will bash their support. They need up their game when it comes to support. They have handle everything badly from the very beginning. And you misunderstand me and my intentions on "notice my ticket" . I'm not looking for attention. My ticket has been closed for over 2 weeks. I want them to fix the start button just like everyone else here. I apologise that you think I'm trying to cause attention to myself, but you are wrong. If I'm a getting attention on this thread.  It is only because you are taking the time to notice me. (I'm touched. Thank you for singling me out =]] ) My intentions on this thread are far more personal. I'm calling out how support handles things. In all my mmo's I have play. Bdo service is the worst one ever. I was once like you. I used to coddle support just like how you do now. Kiss their rears. Do every little thing they asked of me with no solution to the problem...Etcetera. etcetera. Unlike you though. I don't defend support. I see things differently after July 12 2016 connectivity issue. This game has made me synical. I really do apologise that you are offended by my comments. Unfortunately I won't be stopping anytime soon. Its best you stay off of this topic since you find me so toxic and get offended easily. Please continue to coddle support as you see fit since after reading a few of your comments. That's what you do best. I shall use the other method.

and on with the troll I go. 

Edited by Hilly
1 person likes this

Posted

What are you talking about lol.

Posted

im still waiting.......

Posted

Same. 

Another maintenance and no fix. Well, we can hope that Blak Desert 2: Return of Pop In, doesn't have this problem.

1 person likes this

Posted

Been over a month since i last played this -----ing game suck man and they still havent fixed or even mentioned it like wtf

1 person likes this

Posted

It's so annoying... I haven't been able to play for a few weeks now and their only response is that it's harder to fix than it looks. I purchased a game( that was supposed to be f2p btw) and I can't even play it. Do your job and fix this thing. I am missing out on so many events because I can't play the game. I love this game too much otherwise I would've quit a long time ago with all this disinterest manifested towards your player base.

Posted

fix this thing  please we are tired of this DX

Posted

Start button is still broken and now I'm having connectivity issues.This makes it very hard to play the game. Fix it already smh 😡

Posted (edited)

Hey at least if we can ever get back into the game, we'll have a couple of billions of silver since this is gonna take 27 months to fix this issue 

Edited by crazyking614
1 person likes this

Posted

I was able to login by deleting the black desert folder in my documents , then launch the game and login , switch settings to the  lowest possible and login into a character that is below level 10 and is away from any towns.Works everytime

1 person likes this

Posted

I was able to login by deleting the black desert folder in my documents , then launch the game and login , switch settings to the  lowest possible and login into a character that is below level 10 and is away from any towns.Works everytime

I just started and am having the same problem. I thought it was me since my comp is old. I will try this solution

Posted

Still being a pain in the ass to play.

Just bringing the news.

1 person likes this

Posted

Still being a pain in the ass to play.

Just bringing the news.

I feel ya on that. 

Posted

welp i think this is it guys.... we will never be able to play BDO again

Posted

I don't know how many times my game crashed today... i wouldn't care of this malfunctioning game if the start button worked.

¿Can we know at least how is going the progress on this stupid retarded problem?

God -----ing damnit. I lost the will to play a month ago (the problem has like 2 months or more) and i still join every day as much as i can, trying to keep playing as long as the game allows me to.

Sometimes i just get -----ing disconected and i have to re do all the process of long login, many and many more times per day.

You still don't care about this problem... 

Yeah, i think i should not bother for this game anymore. Albion looks cool tho.

Posted

yes pls fix the start button , i cannot play with my other pc because of this problem so try to fix it with today patch Q_Q

Posted

Start button still not fixed. Why not fix some of these problems?