• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Considering buying it.

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, I have two questions that kind of makes or breaks this purchase for me would, appreciate if someone could answer this as I haven't come over anything regarding this yet.

I've played allot of poe so I enjoy grinding both solo and with others but I've never enjoyed crafting in mmorpg's, allso played world of warcraft but after a couple of expansions crafting really got to me. can honestly say I haven't enjoyed gathering/crafting since rs07 back when I was a kid.
But now several years later it puts me off and seeing how its a big part of the game would I be able to get somewhere without running in the woods chopping trees and what not? Haven't done to much research on the ways of getting money in this game besides of grinding mobs.

second question is

If I start playing this now and take my time to get max level, seeing how many people are saying that PvP is the endgame content, if at least not a big part of it.
Will I be so far behind that I will be farmable like some low lvl trash mobs in pvp and never catch up unless I live and breath the game. Or can I take my and in the not so distant future get some good gear and have a good time in pvp? Many posts and videos say that when it comes to pvp in this game Gear is the only way to be relevant. 

^If yes is there any form of matchmaking in pvp making it so the lower geared people don't. 
Reason for question about pvp is im used to wow and the fact that even tho someone has better or way better gear than you there is still a chance for you to beat them.

Edited by Piffi
Better explained title.

Posted

watch that. in short it takes a long time to progress, patience is important.

Posted

Hi,
1st. Yes, you can become one successful crafter without doing most of the work, since the game has a Worker feature that allows you to set workers you hire to do labouring task in Production Nodes which are plenty all over the world, so most of your task to be, say an Armor Crafter, it is done via them, the workers.

2nd. As far things have gotten in Korea (First place where game was launched), there is no level cap, there is however, an enormous amount of experience to grind per level once you reach Lv55, so 'taking your time' to reach max level is something that require a strong commitment to spend tons of hours with groups of people to reach what I call the Everest. At this point, you have reached the last level required by your Awakening skills (It is Lv62 for me as Valkyrie) so you have almost no further gains that compensate the extensive work to level up more (People say you gain passive stat increase such as accuracy but this data is hidden from us, however it isn't tinfoil stuff, it is real). Don't get me wrong, levels do matter in PvP, but equipment matters more in combat.

So no, you won't lack behind hundreds of players, it is difficult to improve once you reach the 180 ~ 210AP mark so the majority of people will be in the same place for months, plenty of time for you to even surpass them.
PD: Someone once said he datamined the game and found that the Level Cap is 90, good luck moving any further past Lv62 :P

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

2 people like this

Posted

To answer your question since most people do not like to point out the obvious.... NO there is absolutley nothing that matches your gear to your opponents. If they have +18 gear and you have +15 for example, You have about 0.00000% to win if that player has even half a brain and 2 fingers period.  Most likely you are dead in one hit. GEAR > SKILL in BDO. There is no getting around it. Also the Classes are so imbalanced it makes it so much worse. In fact alot of classes are deemed "non-viable" nobody plays them and if you happened to roll one of those said classes, well....i think you can figure it out.

Also if you ask around why no endgame. You will get this answer.."What is endgame to you?"

Well Endgame PvE to anyone who has played a MMORPG in their lives is Group Raids, Dungeons, ANYTHING Group PvE Related.

Not adding these features takes away from the game, the dev's profits, and makes the game feel kinda..unfinished.

For a game that has almost no proper PvE content & is supposed to be focused on PVP, Why would you make these systems so horrible?

Posted

Hi,
1st. Yes, you can become one successful crafter without doing most of the work, since the game has a Worker feature that allows you to set workers you hire to do labouring task in Production Nodes which are plenty all over the world, so most of your task to be, say an Armor Crafter, it is done via them, the workers.

2nd. As far things have gotten in Korea (First place where game was launched), there is no level cap, there is however, an enormous amount of experience to grind per level once you reach Lv55, so 'taking your time' to reach max level is something that require a strong commitment to spend tons of hours with groups of people to reach what I call the Everest. At this point, you have reached the last level required by your Awakening skills (It is Lv62 for me as Valkyrie) so you have almost no further gains that compensate the extensive work to level up more (People say you gain passive stat increase such as accuracy but this data is hidden from us, however it isn't tinfoil stuff, it is real). Don't get me wrong, levels do matter in PvP, but equipment matters more in combat.

So no, you won't lack behind hundreds of players, it is difficult to improve once you reach the 180 ~ 210AP mark so the majority of people will be in the same place for months, plenty of time for you to even surpass them.
PD: Someone once said he datamined the game and found that the Level Cap is 90, good luck moving any further past Lv62 :P

Cheerios ~♥

Thank you so much :) After reading this and more research on the youtubes and googles I decided to buy and put the game on installation before I went to sleep :3
Looking forward to playing as a Ranger and see what the game has to offer! But one thing remains.. tho choose which Eu server im going to play on hehe

Posted

Hi,

Cheerios ~♥

No you will not lack behind hundreds of players, you will lack behind tens of thousands of players who already sunk thousands of hours into this... To tell someone they wont be lacking as a new player in such a gear dependant game is simply unrealistic.bTQ3u8R.gif

Posted (edited)

"No you will not lack behind hundreds of players, you will lack behind tens of thousands of players who already sunk thousands of hours into this... To tell someone they wont be lacking as a new player in such a gear dependant game is simply unrealistic.

The QQ is Strong with this 1 

Edited by Cyngar

Posted

I made this thread to avoid QQ, I just wanted to know if its possible to catch up without living and breathing the game. If I can get soft capped and gear good enough to defend myself or kill other players with its fine by me. I don't aim to be the 1 or 10% that dominate the game, just want to be average and have a good time.

Posted (edited)

If you want to put in a few hundred dollars sure, besides that, regardless of whatever fantasy someone tries to sell you on, the simple answer is no. There is no chance in hell your catching up to someone who put in thousands of hours, they will always remain ahead of you unless you pay to win, this is why the game is set up this way. To drive cash shop sales for a currently failing game company.

Catching up would require you purchasing cash shop items, selling them at a huge lose on the MP, then buying the gear you want already upgraded, in theory you could be top badass level 1 with the best gear available in a few hours of hustling.

Welcome to Pay 2 Win Online.

Edited by Black Lotus Prime

Posted

Thank you so much :) After reading this and more research on the youtubes and googles I decided to buy and put the game on installation before I went to sleep :3
Looking forward to playing as a Ranger and see what the game has to offer! But one thing remains.. tho choose which Eu server im going to play on hehe

There are no more different servers, just 1 since they merged. So no worries :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5heygy/guide_from_0_to_competitive_in_3_months/

If you want to put in a few hundred dollars sure, besides that, regardless of whatever fantasy someone tries to sell you on, the simple answer is no. There is no chance in hell your catching up to someone who put in thousands of hours, they will always remain ahead of you unless you pay to win, this is why the game is set up this way. To drive cash shop sales for a currently failing game company.

Catching up would require you purchasing cash shop items, selling them at a huge lose on the MP, then buying the gear you want already upgraded, in theory you could be top badass level 1 with the best gear available in a few hours of hustling.

Welcome to Pay 2 Win Online.

The point is that they don't have to catch up to the absolute crust of the top 0.1% to "catch up." Reaching level 58/59 and around 450GS (190AP 260DP) will put you in a position to pvp against most players and feel pretty average/caught up. You can do the levels in 30 days with Olvia channel, and the gear within a few months with all the catchup mechanics, afk income, and loyalty events. I started playing the game around ~75 days ago and I am at 191/185/259 and rarely feel overwhelmed by gear when I PVP. This is with around 20-25 hours a week of play time and ALWAYS AFK income going (fishing). 

Edited by Kutsuu
2 people like this

Posted

The point is you saying that playing for a few months will put you in a position to pvp against "most players" is total and complete bullshit for a casual player that you do not even know the learning curve of this person. Go into battlefield with less than 170ap / 200dp and your pretty much -----ed all day long, every day. get caught in a higher zone with average gear and you are -----ed now, think about in 3 more months when you say he will be able to fight those people, they will be 3 months stronger so please,  That's not even considering the super rich and the stronger gank PK'ers.  Btw, you can level to 58 in a few days with ease.

Posted

I made this thread to avoid QQ, I just wanted to know if its possible to catch up without living and breathing the game. If I can get soft capped and gear good enough to defend myself or kill other players with its fine by me. I don't aim to be the 1 or 10% that dominate the game, just want to be average and have a good time.

Don't let that dude who has played the game for a month scare you away. Again, give it around 3 months if you get your AFK income going and play ~15-25 hours a week, and you can be caught up with the AVERAGE player, just like you desire. Again, ~450gs, or around 190ap 260DP is attainable with TRI armor/weapons and DUO blue accessories. This isn't crazy high end gear and will put you in the zone with average players. It begins costing tremendous amounts of silver to go higher, and you'll find that progression moving on towards 500gs slows down tremendously, so you will be in the same "zone" as people who have played much longer. The guide that I linked helped me a lot. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't let that dude who has played the game for a month scare you away. Again, give it around 3 months if you get your AFK income going and play ~15-25 hours a week, and you can be caught up with the AVERAGE player, just like you desire. Again, ~450gs, or around 190ap 260DP is attainable with TRI armor/weapons and DUO blue accessories. This isn't crazy high end gear and will put you in the zone with average players. It begins costing tremendous amounts of silver to go higher, and you'll find that progression moving on towards 500gs slows down tremendously, so you will be in the same "zone" as people who have played much longer. The guide that I linked helped me a lot. 

This is good to hear, I am looking to invest some good amount of time into this game. I've played wow for 11 years now and i'm tired of the same same, time for something fresh and completely different. currently lvl 18 ranger, just bought 4 houses in Velia. was planning on getting some wheat farming going but I ran our of investment points -.-''
Is there a limit to how many workers you can have active at one farm? :)

Posted

1 per node, as far as the workers go, good thing there are 4 potato nodes around Velia :) fyi for beer and most other recipes, potatoes count the same as wheat.  put some energy into the nodes and you'll have plenty pretty fast with all 4 nodes.

You should be fine if you can set yourself some daily and weekly goals and stick to them.  EVERYONE is correct in what they said above, it is up to you how you play the game and far you get in to it in set amounts of time.  There are people playing 6 months now that have not yet reached level 54, and people that can and have reached level 54 in one day.  There are people with sub 200 GS after 4 months and people with 400+GS after 3 or 4 weeks.  I highly recommend writing out what you want to accomplish, layout expected gains per week and set daily goals to get there, since you played WoW for so long, you probably already do something similar, even if not so far as going to writing them down.  Don't be afraid to adjust your goals as you see how well they work for you, and don't be afraid to go beyond them, but setting the goals will help you keep your focus and reach the point you want to be in the game.  Otherwise 6 months go by and you don't feel like you've gotten anywhere, simply because of all the things you can do in this game.  Find a guild that matches the end goals you set for yourself and get into one, they will help you keep your eye on the prize.

I don't have enough time on teh weekends to to grind that much, so I play on non-EXP bonus days and can get a new toon to 50 in about 4 hours, although I have not gone straight to it without doing other things or playing other character, I feel fairly confident that I could grind to 56 in a single day, given I had enough EXP buff items in inventory...  The Dark Knight will be my 6th toon to 56, not because I just grind all the time, but because it isn't until 56 that I can truly decide if the playstyle is what I want to grind to 60 with.  so, I'm getting most of the classes to 56 and awakened then figuring out where to go from there.  With a 56 and 400 gearscore +/- 5-15 points based on the class I'm playing, I get 1 shot killed regularly in PVP.  Most of the time it is because I get hit before I even start to engage an opponent (either they sneak up on me, flag and attack without aggressive provocation, or I'm in a node war and there are too many enemies in range to even tell which has me targeted).  It happens, it is part of the game, another 60-100 GS and I might last longer in those situations, maybe :).  But also, I'd don't play for the PVP aspects.

Posted

Well I decided to buy the game but only because to be honest it was on sale.€25 to buy the game to keep and you get some nice freebie items as well that you can use at your leisure like 2 30day premium pack items and other shiny things. If your interested in the game €25 for it is quite reasonable. Even the ingame shop, while the prices look steep, it looks like everything is tradable ingame so you can buy stuff with ingame currency after a while.