• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Say NO to the KR Trading Nerf on Crates (Fixed 100% Price)

127 posts in this topic

Posted

Well it will cut into my profits quite a lot, but it will save me a ton of time, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

Less money sucks, but not having to spend days channel hopping to sell at 120-130% is pretty great.

Posted

Can anyone explain what this does to trading? Cant figure it out by all the comments, some say its a nerf other say its a buff. What will this patch mean in general terms, im not intressted if its buffing or nerfing...Just wanna know the basics of it. 

Posted (edited)

Can anyone explain what this does to trading? Cant figure it out by all the comments, some say its a nerf other say its a buff. What will this patch mean in general terms, im not intressted if its buffing or nerfing...Just wanna know the basics of it. 

Some PPl have use the Range from 80<->130% sell Price...

If you switch channel every 15 Minutes, you get another Price... the Price Fall, if you sell Crates or other Stuff ... and that fast and a lot (max 100 Crates i guess from 130 to 80%) that mean you need a LOT of Time, to Sell a Few Thousand Crates!

That is, why ppl call it a Nerf, and i call it a buff, because, you get a few Thousand Crates to sell, you sell it ATM @80% if you sell it all without channelswitch to save time ... and after that with 100% - what is Definitly a Buff! (for me!)

because, i dont Switch Channel and other shit - and i have still no Idea why ppl do that? Its not worth the Time to Switch channel - in THAT Time, i do other stuff in the Game, Like Grinding and Cooking, and make MORE money (Ore Produce more Crates to Sell --> More Money) ... 

Hope i was Helpfull for you ^^ (sorry for my bad english :P )

Edited by Rhiolandra

Posted

Atm the value of crates fluctuates, it gradually raises up to 130% over time & drops as low as 80% when people sell them. The value varies depending on the channel you're in, so what you can do is keep changing channels to sell crates for the highest price possible.This change would remove the fluctuation and the need to swap channels, but potentially lower your income from trading if you were constantly selling at above 100% before.

Posted (edited)

If you switch channel every 15 Minutes, you get another Price... the Price Fall, if you sell Crates or other Stuff ... and that fast and a lot (max 100 Crates i guess from 130 to 80%) that mean you need a LOT of Time, to Sell a Few Thousand Crates!

That is, why ppl call it a Nerf, and i call it a buff, because, you get a few Thousand Crates to sell, you sell it ATM @80% if you sell it all without channelswitch to save time ... and after that with 100% - what is Definitly a Buff! (for me!)

because, i dont Switch Channel and other shit - and i have still no Idea why ppl do that? Its not worth the Time to Switch channel - in THAT Time, i do other stuff in the Game, Like Grinding and Cooking, and make MORE money (Ore Produce more Crates to Sell --> More Money) ... 

Thanks, didnt get it but thanks for making understand the patch abit better. :)

:)  EDIT: Don´t worry about your english, it´s not like everyone is born in a country where your native language is english :) xp 

Edited by Mishee

Posted (edited)

That is, why ppl call it a Nerf, and i call it a buff, because, you get a few Thousand Crates to sell, you sell it ATM @80% and after that with 100% - what is Definitly a Buff! (for me!)

Its not worth the time to switch channels so you just sell it at 80%? so why did you make crates at the first place and transport them to valencia ? are you fkn du%$%? you know you are gaining same amount of money by just selling materials on marketplace ? or you actually lose money if you are buying materials of marketplace to make crates.. 

All you profit is from PROCESSING not from TRADING CRATES........ I dont even.....

Edited by Dejmien
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Not enough info for me at the moment - might be one of those slow days for me but I feel like between the screenshot and the words some questions need to be answered.

What happens in this scenario?

Player X trades 1K crates at 130%, Player Y walks up 5 seconds later and....

1. The price is 130% the same as what Player X got
  2. The price is 80% because Player X got the good pricing and killed the market by dumping his load...he got 100% of the rate on all his crates but its now dropped for anyone else for a period of time
  3. Player Y gets pricing based on his level and vendor favor (would like this option)

Stated differently:

• Does this change mean a variable price based on an internal clock unaffected by player activity now drives the market 
  • Does this change mean that player activity still affects the variable pricing but it no longer impacts the current exchanging trader?
    • If so does it wait until after the player leaves to toggle the market price change

Also about this 100% price lock - has any other attribute of trading changed to go with it? So are vendors prices on iron ore crates now linked in any way, territoriality or regionally maybe? Example all desert traders accepting iron ore crates at 108% at the same time. Or all "Valencia" traders accepting ore crate at 130%.  

None of these questions may make sense - I'm getting over being sick and might be thinking too much or too little...fight me. 

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

I like this change...

1 person likes this

Posted

Not enough info for me at the moment - might be one of those slow days for me but I feel like between the screenshot and the words some questions need to be answered.

What happens in this scenario?

Player X trades 1K crates at 130%, Player Y walks up 5 seconds later and....

1. The price is 130% the same as what Player X got
  2. The price is 80% because Player X got the good pricing and killed the market by dumping his load...he got 100% of the rate on all his crates but its now dropped for anyone else for a period of time
  3. Player Y gets pricing based on his level and vendor favor (would like this option)

Stated differently:

• Does this change mean a variable price based on an internal clock unaffected by player activity now drives the market 
  • Does this change mean that player activity still affects the variable pricing but it no longer impacts the current exchanging trader?
    • If so does it wait until after the player leaves to toggle the market price change

Also about this 100% price lock - has any other attribute of trading changed to go with it? So are vendors prices on iron ore crates now linked in any way, territoriality or regionally maybe? Example all desert traders accepting iron ore crates at 108% at the same time. Or all "Valencia" traders accepting ore crate at 130%.  

None of these questions may make sense - I'm getting over being sick and might be thinking too much or too little...fight me. 

I'll answer in one single sentence :

All crates will have a fixed 100% value in all cities and will never be anything but 100%.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The good

You can auto sell all your crates all at once and get 100%. I'd get 200k per every calph crate instead of 250k and I wouldn't have to spend 10hours trying to sell them at 120-130%. This means I can sell them all and immediately go back to grinding/afk stuff, the money you make during this gained time might make up for the 20-30% profit loss

The bad

Less profit by 20-30%, but selling crates at 100% is still more profitable then straight selling plywood. 

What this means: I used to get 230-240m per 1000 calpheon crates but it took me 2-4hours to turn in. Now i'll get 206m per 1000 calpheon crates but I'll be able to turn them all in, in 10 seconds. This means If I go back to grinding lets say pirates for the gained 2-4hours, I would technically makeup for the money loss with time. You could also go back to other activities. This change is both good and bad at the same time basically. It has pros and cons. 

Also, you'll make more money now from trash crates if you are leveling trade via that method. 

Edited by Catclaw
5 people like this

Posted

All i see is QQ i cant make more money afk then active players anymore. Which may not even be true anyway. Will depend on how the market shifts. I support this change. 

Posted

I like it.I say yes!!

Posted

Seems fair to me. If I want anything changed it's all the nerfs done on trade exp. It's not fair others got to level theirs so easy....

Posted

As I said, fck communism. People actively trading/hotspot fishing just lost 30% of their income on this shit. I'd rather spend a few days channel swapping than lose 250mil (125% average) on a 1bil turn-in run.

It is unfortunately. Buff for pleb traders, huge nerf for real traders.

only crates are static.  Fish and other trade goods that don't stack can still be sold for 130%

Posted

I guess one could say you all rolled yourselves straight into some nerfs 9_9

Seems fair to me. If I want anything changed it's all the nerfs done on trade exp. It's not fair others got to level theirs so easy....

Sailing? Farming? Hunting? Taming? ........

Posted

only crates are static.  Fish and other trade goods that don't stack can still be sold for 130%

I know that, fishing is a placeholder for making money while swapping channels.

Posted

verry good change, i like it. no bullshit channel hopping

Posted

Good riddance 

time to go back to playing the game bois 

incorrect

only craftable trade items are effected 

stuff like pirate coins will also stay the same for example

Posted

Great change.  Anyone who disagrees should look up opportunity cost.

Posted

Just make it fixed 130 otherwise you will need to nerf the turn in loot from every region per 1000 to 20k to equal the nerf to lifeskills/lack of boosting contribution points  over the years. Heck we are all in this together, if lifeskill silver is getting nerfed so should grinding silver.

Posted (edited)

Great change.  Anyone who disagrees should look up opportunity cost.

The problem is that the opportunity cost is different depending upon how you trade.  I trade in 18k crates every couple weeks.  Two weeks to make the crates, 2 days to turn them in.  With this change, I lose well over 400m profit everytime I trade in, and gain 2 days.  In those 2 days, I'm not coming close to recouping the 400m I lost.  I'd rather spend the time channel hopping to make the extra money.  If you wanted a quick buck, it was there, you could drop them in one go and make your 80%.  But the system rewarded folks for investing the time into the process.  And that's why the system was good, it gave you options depending upon how you wanted to play.

Every patch, the game is becoming less and less lifeskiller friendly.  It's really sad to see because it's driving more and more people out of the game.

If Daum wanted to make everybody happy, they'd remove the 100% cap, and just let you sell all the crates at whatever % is currently on the trade npc.  Everybody wins.  The folks who want to turn in their shit quickly can, and the folks who lifeskill aren't negatively affected.  As it stands now with this change, the people who dont actively lifeskill save a few hours, and lets be real, it's not a huge deal to them since they're not invested into this process.  But the folks who do actively lifeskill lose hundreds of millions in silver, and since they are invested, all it does is piss them off.  I dont see how this is a win for anybody.

Edited by Blackstag
1 person likes this

Posted

This is a difference of freaking millions to billions when it comes to big numbers. What the actual ----- is this? Where is my income now? ''Is not that bad'' Sure try selling 1k calpheon crates at 130% each interval vs 1k 100%. Do the math and see how much you lose. This is a huge loss to real traders/ crate crafters.

Posted (edited)

This is a difference of freaking millions to billions when it comes to big numbers. What the actual ----- is this? Where is my income now? ''Is not that bad'' Sure try selling 1k calpheon crates at 130% each interval vs 1k 100%. Do the math and see how much you lose. This is a huge loss to real traders/ crate crafters.

Still pulling 50% profit margins. 

The below info includes shipping cost if you ship and assumes 100% on all 1000 crates. It assumes buying the raw timber. I used M2 trade, but I am much higher than m2 trade. 

5x Birch Plywood - 12119 x 5 = 60595

5X Fir Plywood - 10710 x 5 =  53550

5x Cedar Plywood - 11970 x 5 = 59850

173985 Total silver + 1 BSP per crate if you decide to buy straight plywood. 

tl;dr you still make profit, and alot of it. I was making over a billion per week so I'll have to admit. being almost M8 trading is pretty OP. I told people awhile back the profit was bound to get nerfed, but it's still gonna pull easy profit. 

Besides. I'm at almost 10m/hr with M7 trade + Epheria hotspot fishing 

ffccd0bf32490cfeacfb96544e3d1f6a.png

Edited by Catclaw
3 people like this

Posted

● 스택형 무역 아이템 판매 시, 해당 아이템의 시세가 100%에서 변동되지 않도록 개선되었습니다. (수정)

Translated to :

● Item market price will not be changed when you sell the stacked trade goods.

● It is improved that you can now sell the stacked trade goods at once.

Please, for the love of people who went through the effort of leveling trading, do NOT implement this in EU/NA...

EDIT - Pearl Abyss HQ : "Oh, we have broken classes ? Better nerf trading this patch."

Go back to Taiwan servers please.

I love how wannabe casual traders think this is a buff... 

You would rather spend few hours ONCE a month to gain 200m more or be over with it. smash that sell all button like complete retard and lose 200m ? 

If you chose second option you shouldn't be doing trading in the first place because you are doing it wrong and you should just sell t3 materials on marketplace.

The amount of time you need to spend for this "200mil" profit isn't worth it. You spend 5 minutes every 15minutes channel swapping with the risk of prices being below 130%. That same time is lost profit over time thus already lowering your value.

Oh besides, just because it doesn't fit the "top 1%" traders doesn't mean it's not a buff. I indeed rather lose out on 200mil of profit when I already am making 1bil profit anyway if this saves me several hours of my time. And hey, guess what, it does save more than just a few hours!

Since when can you sell 1k crates at 130% without having to consider the amount of time spent selling it? Does your time not have value?

Posted

I would welcome the change here, I sell crates in thousands and dont have time & nerves to do some stupid chanel hopping. In fact I will wait for this change and then sell more valuable crates.