• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Stuck in first quest ("Research and Contemplation")

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I came back plying after I left in May. 

Today I logged in with my second character, a Valkyre level 5, and apparently she was still inside the tutorial in Olvia (can't set autopath or many other options).

The active quests says it's "Research and Contempletation" (kill weasels and gain the knowledge). Since  I already did it with my main i already had the knowledge, but the map shows no active quests, the quest log says "Unaccepted", the black spirit has no notifications. 
I read the description and it says that if already completed to resign and accept it again. both in the menu on the side and the quest menu pressing "O" there is no option to resign the quest.

I tried to go with my main to Calpheon to the valkyres and reset the knowledge, relog as my other character and kill weasels. Nothing changed.

The character was created back in April/May and left there since then; before Valencia was added.

I need help I am completely stuck.

Edited by CrashingBrain

Posted

I can second this on a few of my characters. Will note I tried resetting UserCache and Cache to no avail as I found this advice from a CM on an older post.

If we can find a way to resolve this, it would be highly useful, for now several characters are effectively broken.

Posted

Hello well it is really quite simple the latest patch has absolutely destroyed the game quest wise. So many Quests in game are broken right now. I have opened a ticket 4 days ago still no reply I. Posted in two different threads about my issue which many people are having and no GM cares to reply.

I am new to this game and it seems  pretty decent but seeing how this company treats their customers I don't know if I will stay very long.

Posted

Ok so at least it is not only me.

Anyway because I couldn't figure a out a better way to have my character back, and since it was only level 8, i just created a new one from scratch.
You can even keep the same appearance if you go under "Beauty" menu and save it from the original character, then load it when creating the new one.

But still, they broke the quests

Posted

Hi guys,

I have a few suggestions:

- check your quest options here

Capture.thumb.JPG.b9b78a0cfc2511db5431c9

and make sure 'all quests' is ticked, like this:

2.thumb.JPG.9510b96201a2170b69af024e2e4e

then check again with your black spirit by summoning it

- if the above doesn't work, check your other characters - sometimes one of them already has that quest accepted - try to complete or abandon it there, then relog to the desired character and check with black spirit

I hope this helps :)

Posted

Also having this issue on my Ranger. Currently have a ticket open with GM_Caramel but thus far none of the typical troubleshooting methods for this type of thing are having any result.

Things I've tried so far based on GM suggestion:

• Checked to make sure I had enough disk space.
  • Cleared "UserCache" in my Documents folder for Black Desert.
  • Cleared "Cache" in my Black Desert install folder.
  • Checked to make sure all quests are enabled via the in game quest settings.
  • Checked the requirements of the quest (this was a weird suggestion since it's a quest that's literally part of the very early tutorial in game).

Only one of my characters is below 56 at the moment and that character has already completed this quest. I have checked through my quest filter settings as suggested by GM_Salome here and all quests are enabled at this time. The Ranger character still was able to receive the Mediah and Valencia introduction quests at level 52 and 55 respectively but the entire initial set of black spirit quests before 52 is inaccessible. It's as if "Research and Contemplation" is stuck as both complete and incomplete and the quest chain is stuck until that can be resolved.

More than likely this wont be resolved until a future patch I would guess. Hopefully enough information can be provided by others having this issue that this can be recognized as an actual bug and not simply user error.

Posted

I had two level 5 characters before the update and I'm only having this issue on my warrior. He had the quest to learn about weasels before the update. When I completed it, I received no other quests. I tried getting to level 20 but that didn't help.

Posted

Small update - we're currently investigating the issue and hopefully we'll have a fix soon. Thank you for all the information provided!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Open the Black Spirit and accept the quest.

It happened to me yesterday after creating a new Ninja class, it asked about learning the ABCs of the game, I hit escape to cancel then for the life of me could not find where to get the quest, I ended up opening my black spirit and quest was there, accepted it and killed 1 weasel and got the quest done.

Edited by Kiita

Posted (edited)

This is issue is for old characters that we left low lvl with old quests accepted. Not new characters. Im stuck on the [Unaccepted:Research and Contemplation] tells me to talk to some npc's but they wont give me any quest line.

Someone let me know when this issue is resolved because i cant play alot of my alts. I decided to delete 2 of my alts to play.

Is there a way to like, reset the black spirit? 

Edited by PotatoSauc3

Posted (edited)

i have the same problem , did u manage to solve it?

and i invested pearls on this caracter and i cant play it

Edited by posa

Posted

i have the same problem , did u manage to solve it?

and i invested pearls on this caracter and i cant play it

GM's msged back on ticket and they have there team working on it. Wait till next patch i guess.

Posted

Small update:

After the patch on March 8th, 2017 my Ranger received one of the first quests from the tutorial to "Find Akan". Completing this quest allowed me to continue the updated black spirit tutorial quest chain and eventually get to the point of being able to enhance on the character.

Thanks to the GM team for getting this sorted out! :D

2 people like this

Posted

Small update:

After the patch on March 8th, 2017 my Ranger received one of the first quests from the tutorial to "Find Akan". Completing this quest allowed me to continue the updated black spirit tutorial quest chain and eventually get to the point of being able to enhance on the character.

Thanks to the GM team for getting this sorted out! :D

Yep, Thank you GM's for quick response. Always appreciated to have such a great team.

Posted

Thanks for letting us know it's working for you now :) Really glad to hear that!