• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Failstacks and me.

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I've reached the point of wanting to upgrade everything to Pri. So i searched online what the best way would be to gain 25+ fs and ow boy does it suddenly get weird.

My tactics so far exist out of getting cheap gear to 14+ and building failstacks on that. Most of the time i get to around 6-8 fs before upgrading it to 15. My other aproach was getting cheap pri rings and slamming normals on them. I get around the same result 6-8 fs average.

Does this mean i am just extremly (un)lucky or does gear rate change the %? (I use greens for both tactics.)

If any one is able to help me with this ordeal i'll thank you so much!

Posted (edited)

I never found I needed 25 stacks for PRI (or even DUO)...Other folks with worse luck will disagree, but for everything up to DUO, I will take it to 10-15 stacks and then start trying to upgrade. I don't think I have ever got past a total of 25 stacks doing that --- everything popped, including Muskans and Giath....+15 is actually tougher in many cases than PRI or DUO

I am beginning to think fail stacks are just a placebo...The piece of gear is either going to pop or it's not :-) 

Edited by dawgpound

Posted

I know at 25 fs you have it capped for going to pri. Which i kinda like the max chance to make it pri. It is about 52% i think. But even in the future i;'ll be needing those stacks to get beyond duo.

Posted

Everyone has different methods for failstacking. I usually switch between various different enchants +9 get 4 or 5 stacks then get a +12 and get 8 - 10 stacks then +14 to 15 stacks etc. This method has worked for me pretty well. Don't say your fs are capped at 25 while using that chart is a good idea as a guide its not set in stone. That was data mined ages ago and you are better off figuring out a system that works for you since. End of the day its all RNG. Personally I usually start my PRI enchants at 15 fs and will not go over 25 fs on pri. 

As the other poster mentioned, getting +15 is much more difficult to get. Failstacks are a myth. 

Posted

Ill never go over 20 fs for pri and duo. 16 or 18 is what im running well with

Posted

I find it pretty easy to get over 15 FS just by slapping those 30-40k silver accessories together. Like fail stacks 1-7 spamming them and from there up any PRI I got I use for more fail stacks.

Posted (edited)

You can easily get 20fs with +14 Grunil Armour. 

My tin foil hat theory: The game "senses" when you are trying to build fs vs when you are trying to succeed. This is why it gives the option to skip enhance animation. When trying to build fs, I click "skip animation" and slam the stones as fast as i can until i reach the fs i want. Then when i want to succeed i uncheck the "skip animation" option. Im probably gonna get chewed out for this post but it works well for me. 

Edit: 20fs is all you need to start DUOing Boss Gear/Weapons (sometimes you get lucky)

Edited by Reventon

Posted

I used to say, "yeah.. i got my DUO at 10 FS or yeah my kzarka went to DUO at 15 FS" until I had to re-do my stuff after failing.  You can only get lucky for a little bit.  

Posted

My tin foil hat theory: The game "senses" when you are trying to build fs vs when you are trying to succeed. This is why it gives the option to skip enhance animation. When trying to build fs, I click "skip animation" and slam the stones as fast as i can until i reach the fs i want. Then when i want to succeed i uncheck the "skip animation" option. Im probably gonna get chewed out for this post but it works well for me. 

Edit: 20fs is all you need to start DUOing Boss Gear/Weapons (sometimes you get lucky)

reminds me of enhancing in Vindictus. We would click enhance and then cancel it repeatedly until we were "ready" to blow it up. 

1 person likes this

Posted

reminds me of enhancing in Vindictus. We would click enhance and then cancel it repeatedly until we were "ready" to blow it up. 

Lol so bdo isnt the only game with cancerous enhancing systems. Good to know.

Posted

So basicly the game knows! Daum always watching you.

Posted

There is a difference between items.  When it comes to Boss Armor/Danylion etc none of those numbers apply.  I found I'm failing +14 at 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34.  This abuse system is one of the reasons for treating Pearl/Daum's customers like trash.

Do onto others as they have done to you.

When Pearl screws you over, screw them back.

Make BDO as hostile and unplayable for weaker players as possible ;)

Posted

[TinfoilModeOn]

I got one Character which also cant build Failstacks. Even popped several cheap +14 Gear to +15 without a single stack with this Character.

On another Character I can easily get 14-16 FS with Cheap Rosar Weapons though.

[/TinfoilModeOff]

1 person likes this

Posted

How do people get the really high fs for 18-19 and 20?

Posted

Lol so bdo isnt the only game with cancerous enhancing systems. Good to know.

oh, you have no idea, man. Bdo is one of many rng to progress mmo's out there 

Posted

Mash Rebleth from 0 to 16.

17 to 20 use Green weapon.

If you're trying for PRI, 16 fs is enough for it.

You're gonna notice after a while that success and fail stacks come in waves. If you can get rebleth to 16 stacks in one go, don't think about enchanting, switch toon and build another 16 fs on the next toon until the game stops feeding you stacks.

Once your +14 upgrades to +15, put it on a low level red karma toon and suicide until it degrades back to +14 again, rinse and repeat.

Posted (edited)

How do people get the really high fs for 18-19 and 20?

You need to stop doing basic enchants and enchant +15 equipment or higher.  Your fail stack count will grow several points per and your chances will still be very low.

IF you don't the most likely result is your going back to 0 fail stack with a success.  Once in a while you will get to 20+ on a lower enchant, but it's generally not worth it.

Edited by feebleone

Posted

Last week I failed a pair of heve gloves (pri to duo) 5 times with a 40 stack. It's all about luck, or in my case, bad luck.

Whenever I try to build a failstack on weapons or armor they seem to upgrade. Whenever I try to upgrade armor or weapons I get fail stacks.

Posted

I've taken PRI>DUO to 50+ stacks several times in the last.. I think two weeks? I'm trying to TET my dande though.. It was TRI once.. few times actually..
Really sucks when dande won't go DUO until you've built a decent TRI stack, used said stack on it, only to fail the TRI attempt right after and have to start over..
Gotta love boss gear..................lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Really, i never watch the black spirit go trough that animation. So i never have the skip button unchecked. My thin foil that theory is that your horoscope might have something to so with it. But.like i said its a thin foil hat theory nothing more. ^_^

Posted

[TinfoilModeOn]

I got one Character which also cant build Failstacks. Even popped several cheap +14 Gear to +15 without a single stack with this Character.

On another Character I can easily get 14-16 FS with Cheap Rosar Weapons though.

[/TinfoilModeOff]

I've noticed this also. My alts are all low level with no gear but somehow some have alot more luck than others.

Ultimate Tin Foil Mode: A guy in my old guild would argue to the death with us that luck in this game is tied to character names. He swares that other games use the same system where every char has a hidden luck stat that is generated by the sequence of characters in their names. And thats why you see some people repeatedly have crazy good rng and others dont. 

/Thread

Posted

I've noticed this also. My alts are all low level with no gear but somehow some have alot more luck than others.

Curious, what horoscope do you have for your lucky toons? What about the unlucky ones?

Posted

Hello,

I've reached the point of wanting to upgrade everything to Pri. So i searched online what the best way would be to gain 25+ fs and ow boy does it suddenly get weird.

My tactics so far exist out of getting cheap gear to 14+ and building failstacks on that. Most of the time i get to around 6-8 fs before upgrading it to 15. My other aproach was getting cheap pri rings and slamming normals on them. I get around the same result 6-8 fs average.

Does this mean i am just extremly (un)lucky or does gear rate change the %? (I use greens for both tactics.)

If any one is able to help me with this ordeal i'll thank you so much!

2 words:

Steel

Dagger

done 4 x 25 failstacks on it now and only lvl 13. Cursed thing

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0